Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I didn't read any of it but you're right about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ai owns so hard

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Its always worth it

I've got a ton of scars all over my body, from several long ones on my arms and legs, my fingers are always covered in little scratch marks of all kinds from playing with the cats, most recent scratch is on the left side of my nose and thankfully it doesn't seem like the claw cut through the nose into the nostril. Probably the worst scratch was when my left eye got scratched when I was like 3 or 4 years-old. Only left a scratch on the white of the eye but it must've bungled up the way it was sitting in my eye socket. Now when I'm looking at something, if I start to space out at all then my left eye drifts and goes lazy until I focus my vision a gain.

Still worth it though, got to interact with cats.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GigaBoots/status/1378145258819686405?s=20

Lol as if it wasn't bad enough

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes not solving the mystery is the correct option

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Weedle posted:

this reminds me of a game i used to play a lot on this old handheld i used to have called a “cybiko” that was a russian pda marketed to Cool Teens that liked to wirelessly chat and browse the mobile web as it existed at the time (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol). i don’t remember the name of the game but it was a robot combat srpg where you gave a sequence of commands to your robot to win fights and get money to upgrade your bot parts

i don’t think there were any commercial cybiko games; the device came with a pc companion app that just let you download whichever games you wanted, of which there were quite a few but they were generally pretty slight, palm pilot level stuff, which is to say about on the technical level of the game boy but rarely approaching the scale or level of polish. i don’t think i’ve ever heard anyone else even mention the cybiko, ever, except for my one friend who also had one

Ah man I owned a Cybiko! No poo poo, I convinced my grandma into paying the ~$100 for it because I thought it was going to be this cool multiplayer thing. I never knew anyone else who had it and mostly forgot about it until I was recently looking into older handhelds for my dad. I remember playing some maze/FPS game and that's about it. Never connected with anyone but I brought it with me to my high school writing competition state finals hoping that some other nerd had one and was also trying to connect with a stranger. Jesus, what a world. I never played the game you mentioned but man I wonder where that thing is these days.

e: not at all surprised that there's several Cybiko owners active in the monthly games chat thread in SomethingAwful

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 4, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

AI is a great game in a very different way from 13 Sentinels/VLR because there is a mystery for you to put in the work and solve, as opposed to just being strapped in for a ride

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
it is, at the same time, a fuckin ride.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

That reminds me, I'm genuinely curious as to how many people needed help at the end of Persona 4 to figure out who the killer was. I was in such a sleep-deprived state that I didn't even know who the person I chose was (I had the name spoiled but never made the connection). I do really like though that the game gives you the final responsibility of having solved the puzzle

e: Really Really Lots of Lore 2 is going on basically all month, which is a "speedrun" marathon but for insane categories almost no one runs and could never get into a marathon. Currently they're 5 hours into a 17 hour KH2 run where they watch every cutscene
https://www.twitch.tv/reallyreallylongathon

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 4, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Weedle posted:

this reminds me of a game i used to play a lot on this old handheld i used to have called a “cybiko” that was a russian pda marketed to Cool Teens that liked to wirelessly chat and browse the mobile web as it existed at the time (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol). i don’t remember the name of the game but it was a robot combat srpg where you gave a sequence of commands to your robot to win fights and get money to upgrade your bot parts

i don’t think there were any commercial cybiko games; the device came with a pc companion app that just let you download whichever games you wanted, of which there were quite a few but they were generally pretty slight, palm pilot level stuff, which is to say about on the technical level of the game boy but rarely approaching the scale or level of polish. i don’t think i’ve ever heard anyone else even mention the cybiko, ever, except for my one friend who also had one

I had a green Cybiko and wished the other kids at my school did too. I would have been so happy as a kid today with a smartphone and all my friends having smartphones.

I remember I once went on a camping trip and wrote diary entries on my Cybiko and thought about what it would be like if I could upload them to the internet as I was camping so other people could read about it in real time.

So I basically invented blogging, please give me royalties.

I also had a really lovely early MP3 player that could only hold 3 full songs or otherwise you'd have to compress an album to radio quality audio. I was a total technophile ahead of the curve. :awesomelon:

LawfulWaffle posted:

e: not at all surprised that there's several Cybiko owners active in the monthly games chat thread in SomethingAwful

lmao

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

That reminds me, I'm genuinely curious as to how many people needed help at the end of Persona 4 to figure out who the killer was. I was in such a sleep-deprived state that I didn't even know who the person I chose was (I had the name spoiled but never made the connection). I do really like though that the game gives you the final responsibility of having solved the puzzle

e: Really Really Lots of Lore 2 is going on basically all month, which is a "speedrun" marathon but for insane categories almost no one runs and could never get into a marathon. Currently they're 5 hours into a 17 hour KH2 run where they watch every cutscene
https://www.twitch.tv/reallyreallylongathon

Might wanna check the Persona thread, tbh I can see how you could not solve the mystery to get the true end, it's not eacatly a well written mystery. But the people who got the bad ending confound me, Namatame is clearly not the killer why would you throw him in the TV, He clearly has no loving idea what's going on, You've got zero motive beside the murder of his mistress, and you're clearly not high enough level to be in the endgame

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

Might wanna check the Persona thread, tbh I can see how you could not solve the mystery to get the true end, it's not eacatly a well written mystery. But the people who got the bad ending confound me, Namatame is clearly not the killer why would you throw him in the TV, He clearly has no loving idea what's going on, You've got zero motive beside the murder of his mistress, and you're clearly not high enough level to be in the endgame

This is one of my favorite gags in the Endurance Run, where halfway through the game they're like "alright this time we're about to catch the killer for real this time, it's only 35 hours in and we're level 28 but final boss is coming up next for sure."

To be fair though, I think the bad ending is something moreso that people get on accident because they didn't get the exact right sequence of answers, which isn't hard to do because some of them sound very much alike

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is one of my favorite gags in the Endurance Run, where halfway through the game they're like "alright this time we're about to catch the killer for real this time, it's only 35 hours in and we're level 28 but final boss is coming up next for sure."

To be fair though, I think the bad ending is something moreso that people get on accident because they didn't get the exact right sequence of answers, which isn't hard to do because some of them sound very much alike

I guess it's understandable, That sequecne is so weird to me though. There was someone in the Megaten thread awhile ago who managed the bad ending cause he thought yelling to calm everyone down was the wrong option. I'm just like homie sometimes yelling at people is actually okay, when they're gonna murder someone that's one of those times

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

AI rules but it also makes me really impatient for World's End Club because I just want more Uchikoshi bullshit already

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk anything about AI Somnia, is it pronounced A I Somnia or Aye Somnia

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's both

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Never played it but I'd bet a c note that it's a pun on artificial intelligence and Ai meaning love in Japanese

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a pun on that and the word eye

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Or I've been reading it wrong and the I is and l. Al Somnia.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eyes are very important and one of the main characters is named "Aiba" and she is an AI who is also an eyeball

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Never played it but I'd bet a c note that it's a pun on artificial intelligence and Ai meaning love in Japanese
his partner (aibou) is an AI that lives in his eyeball. her name is aiba

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god I had no idea there was yet another layer

Uchikoshi does it again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He got so loving lucky with the 9 q bullshit

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sometimes I will hear a music track in a game that's obviously a take on an old piece and I will just start loudly singing along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzB2JtShC70

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm now 9 episodes through ex-arm; 4 episodes through toilet bound hanako-san, sleepy princess, how to keep a mummy, otherside picnic and planet with; 3 episodes into akudama drive; 2 episodes into bofuri, millionaire detective, deca-dence, id: invaded and healin' good precure

that's my anime progress. maybe i can get through all those series this month. maybe this is the year i clean up my anime backlog instead of my video game backlog

(i still beat 10 games last month tho)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my gaming completion pace has slowed considerably, having started a whole bunch of things recently, in particular two pretty long-seeming games in sushi ghost and sekiro. i'm only at 33! :negative:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

my gaming completion pace has slowed considerably, having started a whole bunch of things recently, in particular two pretty long-seeming games in sushi ghost and sekiro. i'm only at 33! :negative:
33 is good, I guarantee you 33 is a larger number than most goons on this forum

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ive beaten five games this year? All reasonable length ones, too, save Loop Hero

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Siralim Ultimate
Metal Gear Survive
Loop Hero
MH Rise

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it is, at the same time, a fuckin ride.

And it's a surprisingly long and convoluted ride with the best final scene in video game history

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i just watched it on youtube again

god what a delight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

33 is good, I guarantee you 33 is a larger number than most goons on this forum

I only beat 28!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Was looking up sassy witches for my bingo square and was very impressed by Lillet from GrimGrimoire. Scores high in both sassiness and witchiness

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I showed that Balan Wonderland video to someone and they re-linked the ending of it to me and said "you missed the worst part"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pf9sSpQzA&t=1598s

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Somehow, without meaning to, I booted up Dark Souls remastered on my PC. (I have been playing a lot of games beginning with D and I got confused) and as it loaded I decided to see two things:

1) what it is like to play with the Dualsense.
2) how far can I get without dying?

1) Lovely. It is so nice to play the game without a busted left stick. :)

2) Taurus Demon and the only reason I died was because I dodged and his shockwave of smashing the club down threw me off the battlements (which was pretty funny). I even took down the asylum demon and the big dark knight in the undead burg without dying. I also levelled up 13 times during it.

Feels PRETTY AWESOME to have been able to make such progress on one life when the first time I played it I got stuck with the Asylum Demon.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

And it's a surprisingly long and convoluted ride with the best final scene in video game history

Idk what I expected with Zero Escape even having read the LP for 999 but my first ending being (HOLY gently caress SPOILERS)the one where iirc Dio is revealed to be an insane cultist and you’re on the moon set the stage pretty well for the rest of that wild ride.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Was looking up sassy witches for my bingo square and was very impressed by Lillet from GrimGrimoire. Scores high in both sassiness and witchiness

Grimgrimoire is good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I showed that Balan Wonderland video to someone and they re-linked the ending of it to me and said "you missed the worst part"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pf9sSpQzA&t=1598s

Some youtube comment posted:

This looks like a Wii U eshop exclusive indie game.

drat.

drat

:drat:

Brutal.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why is this poo poo game in particular getting the time of day, again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

why is this poo poo game in particular getting the time of day, again

I think a combination of the epilepsy stuff, it being a Yuji Naka project, and Square-Enix being involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Square Enix continues to Dominate the Conversation with two major releases in one week...