Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Real hurthling! posted:

king kong is like a dude now. got a kid, using tools, has a house, always looks tired.

very relatable

lol

https://i.imgur.com/PCDOsMO.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Xaris posted:

jesus christ lmao. don't do DXM.

also pro-tip, and this may be very out of date because i haven't made it since like ~2006-7 back when internet was more nubile and less restricted with everything being plastered like a fly on a windshield, but DMT is actually very easy to make and mimosa hostilis bark is (was?) legal to buy along with ingredients to freebase it.

Lol, yea yea the "white trash" drug DXM. But there are really wild things that dissociatives can do for your mental health and DXM is unlike any other drug in that in varying the dose levels and times between taking it it can act like other drugs. Like I said, three back-to-back-to-back high level doses in two days and you're presented with this choice (I was) in your mind. It's like you can continue to let your mind use it recreationally, or you can step-up to a different use for it. I say it that way because I felt like I was actually stepping-up out of the fog of trippy DXM visuals/mind fuckiness into the normal world, but your brain runs at 100% all the time. It's like very clean LSD that just has all the areas of the brain firing in unison.

It's hard to explain becauseost people see it as the trash drug that give you the 6 hour bonkers trip, but it almost felt like I had reached a state where I was on the drug from Limitless. It woke my brain up into this total craving for knowledge that to this day hasn't ceased.

I'll see if I can find the old write-up from the guy on the drug forum discussing taking it for 6 months straight. Everyone on the board who had experience with DXM was still of the outdated mindset that you can do a high level DXM trip but then you need to recoup for like a week or two before doing it again. This dude explained doing what would be Plateau 4 doses (like 1800mg) twice per day for six months. But how after his third dose it stopped being a trippy drug and became very cerebral. His conscious mind took a hiatus and sat back while the drug actually controlled him through each day, going to work, interacting with family, etc. He says he became a better driver (I will 100% attest to this), that he created an alter ego (same) but his name was Snake. And he, without seemingly consciously being in control started to go through his life with a weird fascination with solving puzzles (same). He says when the time came that he had reached the end of what he felt he could learn with it, he just stopped.

He describes his decision-making as whatever the situation he always made the right choice. I describe it as feeling like you're on a Jesus path. Which could be problematic if you start to think you're actually Jesus. It helped me put away a lot of the bad poo poo that was going on in my life and find a better path, as crazy as that sounds.

And yea, there's bunches of "legal" highs out there. poo poo, Morning Glories are still sold everywhere and that's just straight LSA. San Pedro cactus can be found online legally and that's mescaline.

Viginti Septem has issued a correction as of 11:22 on Apr 4, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
We defeated Godzilla by giving him bills

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I mean Ketamine was legalized for therapeutic work. Special loving K can now be snorted up the nose with the help of a psychiatrist writing a script.

Ketamine is a dissociative like DXM. I don't see much difference there, it helped me get over my chronic depression. Ketamine on the other hand can do it in a much quicker and easier time.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alec Eiffel posted:

once you figure out who this is you'll lose your gat dang mind

or not give a poo poo

Its Jamie Kennedy.

The only face that is more recognizable when its a timg

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zisky posted:

A good soup! Happy Passover.

Is this white food

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

samantonio posted:

Yea I went down that rabbit hole back in probably 2015. That's when I got heavily invested in psychedelics and dissociatives. I spent just under two full years on /daily/ Sigma-level DXM (which after about three plateau 3+ doses in a two-ish day period becomes a completely different drug on your brain. You no longer get visuals, etc, instead you can function in the world -- for the most part -- just fine, but your brain kicks into this crazy puzzle-hunting mode and you kinda start viewing yourself as Jesus.

During the peak of the DXM/LSD days in 2015 when I created an alter ego that is now my username on here, I got some DMT for the first time. I heard about it from a combination of sources that all hit in like the same week. A Joe Rogan podcast on it / a video by a neurosurgeon who tried it that was posted on YouTube / Netflix suddenly recommending 'DMT: A Spirit Molecule' / and watching 'Enter the Void'. Figured it was a sign I needed to try it.

So I went to my favorite silky, dark place, purchased some and tried it once. But it was weird, I was fried out of my mind on 600-1800mg of DXM (twice daily) at the time so the trip was different than I was expecting and I almost got the feel that it was some dud poo poo. After trying it I had to drive about 90 minutes away to meet some potential clients for a photo gig.

On the way to meet them I started tripping very heavy, heavier than the DXM was affecting me those days. When I sat down with the couple I noticed the husband had one eye, but during our talk it was like his eye hole was sucking into itself. I started to get the feel that he was the snake from the Bible and he was tempting me to go further with these drugs or something, totally batshit. I was having (obviously) a hard time keeping it together and I told the couple that I couldn't continue the interview, that my head wasn't straight. They seemed to pick up on it pretty quick and told me it was alright but that o should go. I struggled to walk out of the coffee shop and get in my car and then I deleted the couple's phone number from my phone and the email chain that had set up the meeting. I'm not sure how I got back home just fine. But I'm honestly slightly curious if that was all part of a trip and if it even happened. I tried to convince myself that it had but I had no records of the couple since I had deleted their info.

DXM Gonna Strand You

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Isnt dxm cough syrup

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

samantonio posted:

I mean Ketamine was legalized for therapeutic work. Special loving K can now be snorted up the nose with the help of a psychiatrist writing a script.

Ketamine is a dissociative like DXM. I don't see much difference there, it helped me get over my chronic depression. Ketamine on the other hand can do it in a much quicker and easier time.

I really want to try Ketamine but never had an opportunity

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKqV_ybCS-I

RIP kyle chewed up and spat out by the SNL machine

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I found that dude's write-up. I encourage those with a curious and open mind to read this.

-----

SWIM also spent two months on massive doses of diphenhydramine. The idea that DXM causes long term brain damage is pretty much skepticism based on how DXM and other dissociatives affect animals, but there has been no proof of Olney's lesions or other forms of permanent brain damage in primates due to dissociatives.

As for the experience, I was able to interact with reality, though I wasn't himself during all of it. At one point, I spent two weeks, believing himself to be an individual by the name of Snake. SWIM fell in and out of conscious awareness of his senses, but for the most part, SWIM maintained connection to his senses by the skin of his teeth. During the brief periods of time where I didn't manage to hold on, the results ranged from his body continuing to do things and respond without his conscious knowledge, to him collapsing on the ground at various points in time.

SWIM experienced increase memory recall and the fantastic ability to drive better than SWIM ever did sober. To this day, most people will not ride with SWIM unless he's on DXM.

Put simply, while there were some drastic changes in the way SWIM's brain functioned, I am 100% sure that, through his own personal experience, DXM caused much less brain damage (meaning, none that is noticeable) than an equal amount of diphenhydramine abuse (where I spent 2 months taking between 800 and 2500 mg per day).

And it should be noted that SWIM's tolerance to DXM was to the point when he started such that 2000 mg over the course of a day was enough to take and keep him at Plateau Sigma.

I will include a slightly more descriptive version of SWIM's experience:

"Over the two month period, things seemed to completely change. Of course, the primary dissociative effect started to lessen, even with increased doses, which I attributed to my tolerance building at a greater rate than I was increasing my dosage. By 'primary', I'm referring to how the separation from your senses causes your conscious mind to focus inward. During that first state, when the DXM was still causing my conscious mind to focus inward, it was like everything that I did was done for a reason. As if no matter what I did, I was always doing the _right_ thing, what I was supposed to do. It never manifested as a voice telling me what to do. It was just a feeling rising up in me, and from that feeling, I knew what I was supposed to do.

As time wore on, I slowly began to adapt to the state of my mind. The separation from reality was still awkward during this time period, but I was still able to consciously control things. It was much more difficult to keep focus on reality than it was without the drug. I would still end up doing things that I didn't know why I did them, only that it felt extremely right for me to do so. At times, when one of these feelings would rise within me, I would have to fight it to try to avoid doing it. It was similar to some experiences I had on jimsonweed (Datura Stramonium) and diphenhydramine, where I would try not to respond to an auditory hallucination calling my name. Except with those two drugs, if I _was_ hallucinating it, then I was unable to stop myself from responding to it. That wasn't true of the feelings I experienced while on DXM.

I started to increase my dosage. On several occasions, I would push the dosage to extremely high levels. I would routinely push myself to a state where I felt as if I was going to lose all touch with my body if I didn't hold on. It was like a wall was being build around my conscious mind to stop me from doing anything. During these time periods, there were no feelings that forced me to do things. But I would still do things without knowing why I did them. It was as if the feelings themselves hadn't disappeared, but as if my conscious mind was now becoming dissociated not only from my senses, but from the rest of my mind as well. Crazy rationalizations of things would pop into my mind to explain the smallest of things. My love for math and logic puzzles grew to obsessive levels during this time period.

During the last month of my usage, things started to change. I began to refer to myself as 'Snake'. 'Snake' was an entirely different person from who I was. I knew that I was the same person, but I also knew I wasn't. My conscious mind at this point in time was buried to a degree. I was able to experience everything my body did, but it wasn't like I was in control. I was just simply "along for the ride". But like any back seat driver, I could still affect what my body did if I put enough effort into it. However, I saw no reason to the majority of the time. I was completely absorbed in the experience. I was experiencing all kinds of thoughts and ideas that I had never considered before, remembering things from my past that I had thought forgotten forever. I was no longer in control over whether or not I took DXM on a daily basis, but I didn't wish to stop.

During the final week or two, when my doses were approaching an average of about 3000 mg per day, the personality of 'Snake' dissolved completely. My conscious mind was to a point where it felt further set back from the senses, but like it was in control again. It's a hard feeling to describe. It wasn't the same as the dissociative feelings I had
experienced at any point before. It felt like my mind had finally found a stable state, a balance with the changes the DXM made in the way it had to function. In the end, I
chose to stop because I felt like I had learned all I could about where the drug could take me. Plus, it's very hard to afford 3000 to 4000 mg per day.

After I stopped taking DXM was when things really started to get weird. The left side of my brain felt... odd. It was nothing like a headache. It was nothing like anything I had
ever felt before. During this time period, I would get these spells where this strange feeling in the left hemisphere of my brain would crescendo and suddenly I would do
something that seemed completely random. It was much like the feelings I had gotten while on DXM, except that there was no feeling of what I should do: simply a strange feeling in my head and then I would do something. I started to notice that these types of incidents occurred more frequently whenever I began to experience a powerful emotion.

This continued for several weeks after ending my usage of DXM. While this was not my first experience with having to deal with the after effects of such drugs (for instance, using diphenhydramine for an equally long period, with equally dangerous doses), it was the one that struck me as most peculiar. I had read 'The Origin of Consciousness' and I thought that it was extremely interesting how closely my experience with DXM had mimicked bicameralism. I had read about schizophrenia being considered another supporting argument for bicameralism, I had thought that schizophrenia itself wasn't quite as good of a fit. My experience with jimsonweed and diphenhydramine made me experience textbook schizophrenia.

Yet the voices that I would hear telling me things (or sometimes taunting me) were never the same thing. With jimsonweed and diphenhydramine, it always seemed _wrong_, like something out of a nightmare. I didn't do what the voices said because I was told to; I did it because I feared the consequences if I didn't do what they said. With DXM, the feeling was always that it was simply _the right thing to do_."

SWIM recognizes that it is rather difficult to put into words an experience that doesn't even quite seem his own anymore.

"Very well written and thorough report of extreme experiences. Don't do it at home!"

I agree that neither long term DXM usage, nor long term Diphenhydramine usage, should be attempted by any individual. But if you're going to abuse anything long term (and in massive amounts), SWIM definitely suggests DXM over diphenhydramine =P

"A decent summary of a long-term experience. I'm sure it was hard to know where to start with this! Good work!"

SWIM assures me that it was extremely difficult to decide where to start, especially considering SWIM waited quite some time before actually writing this. If SWIM ever did something like this again, he would take notes on a daily basis.

I did write quite a few things concerning his viewpoint on life during this time period, though, but, unfortunately, nothing concerning the experience itself.
Last edited: Oct 30, 2009

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Shageletic posted:

Isnt dxm cough syrup

Yea, that lovely stuff. During my time using it the liquid gel pills were readily available, so no harsh syrup.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

CODChimera posted:

I really want to try Ketamine but never had an opportunity

Oh most definitely. Someday maybe.

I've heard about K-holes and I really want to see how that compares to the poo poo I went through on the high dose DXM. I feel like I could navigate that realm much easier than the lay person. Maybe not, it's its own drug.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

just do lsd and cocaine

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

not at the same time though lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

samantonio posted:

Yea, that lovely stuff. During my time using it the liquid gel pills were readily available, so no harsh syrup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_h55O66uf0

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

where my trump at

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I loving love this song. It was the first i heard by dj screw

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

happy easter! gently caress you hail satan 666

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Sharps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKqV_ybCS-I

RIP kyle chewed up and spat out by the SNL machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ELVFQVtc4

samantonio posted:

Pretty glad this wasnt much of a thing when i waa growing up in the 90s. Now im old enough when the only drug that can absolitely gently caress me that I do in the reg is alcohol lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Buddykins posted:

happy easter! gently caress you hail satan 666

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

samantonio posted:

Oh most definitely. Someday maybe.

I've heard about K-holes and I really want to see how that compares to the poo poo I went through on the high dose DXM. I feel like I could navigate that realm much easier than the lay person. Maybe not, it's its own drug.

A colleague of a buddy of mine, a well regarded peeson who trains teachers abroad, got into a K hole in an offnight BDSM sex dungeon that was converted into a dance party. Anyway shorr version of this hilarious story, he lost the ability to walk and had to drag himslef out of being in a threesome like he was going thru the wire in WWI

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Buddykins posted:

just do lsd and cocaine

Big fan of LSD/LSA (tho LSA is really body-impactful). LSD should be taken by everyone. Similar to how most drugs aren't anything like what you're taught growing up, LSD is the exact opposite of what you're taught about it, unless you're on a heroic dose or got some bad poo poo. For me it's just mental, barely any visuals unless I force myself to space out on a pattern. I just get lost in thought and come to some great answers to tough problems.

Coke is a serious let down for what you pay for it. I remember my first experience with it back in like 2008-2009 at some college party at Mizzou. Earlier in the night I went with a buddy to buy the coke, I was floored with how much it cost (had never really been around the "harder" stuff.) Later we were lovely drunk in some dude's loft studio thing and he broke out the coke and put on Metallica's St. Anger.

My three takeaways: It's stupid expensive for what you get, it just made me feel sober instead of black out drunk, and it made St. Anger sound good.

So, yea.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol wasnt it spicer in that costume

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

samantonio posted:

Big fan of LSD/LSA (tho LSA is really body-impactful). LSD should be taken by everyone. Similar to how most drugs aren't anything like what you're taught growing up, LSD is the exact opposite of what you're taught about it, unless you're on a heroic dose or got some bad poo poo. For me it's just mental, barely any visuals unless I force myself to space out on a pattern. I just get lost in thought and come to some great answers to tough problems.

Coke is a serious let down for what you pay for it. I remember my first experience with it back in like 2008-2009 at some college party at Mizzou. Earlier in the night I went with a buddy to buy the coke, I was floored with how much it cost (had never really been around the "harder" stuff.) Later we were lovely drunk in some dude's loft studio thing and he broke out the coke and put on Metallica's St. Anger.

My three takeaways: It's stupid expensive for what you get, it just made me feel sober instead of black out drunk, and it made St. Anger sound good.

So, yea.

Its definitely a drug for certain people. I only do it for work. if its good, i need it to pick me up after taking shots with people all night

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Buddykins posted:

I loving love this song. It was the first i heard by dj screw

We used to pass blunts and stare at the moon for hours in my friends old volvo station wagon listening to those old screw freestyles. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHso8_0-BK0

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Buddykins posted:

Its definitely a drug for certain people. I only do it for work. if its good, i need it to pick me up after taking shots with people all night

Aren't you the goon that asked us if he should do lines off his passed out girlfriend in one of the old Trump threads?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I never liked doing lsd around others. I always liked being alone with it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

samantonio posted:

Aren't you the goon that asked us if he should do lines off his passed out girlfriend in one of the old Trump threads?

I'm a piece of poo poo, i know this, lets just keep talking about the current topic lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

cocaine is a hell of a drug

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what body part was it you were going to do lines off of

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Zisky posted:

We used to pass blunts and stare at the moon for hours in my friends old volvo station wagon listening to those old screw freestyles. Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHso8_0-BK0

lol, we would drink Hennessy and smoke blunts listening to NWA, Dre, and South Park Mexican in a fellow goon's 1992 Ford Escort wagon.

Jesus Fists, get in here and reminisce!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

SPM is so loving underrated

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my husband: what the gently caress is up with my wrist

me, snorting coke remnants off a razor blade: yeah you tried to kill yourself last knight i saved you. also did you know you can cut coke up in one place and then do it in another? i just learned that

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

cumshitter posted:

what body part was it you were going to do lines off of

i dont remember

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

coke loving sucks honestly

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Buddykins posted:

SPM is so loving underrated
Didn't he go to prison for underage rape?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

even good kind

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Buddykins posted:

coke loving sucks honestly

lol wut. A minute ago you were praising it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

samantonio posted:

Didn't he go to prison for underage rape?

wtf really?