Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Midjack posted:

DMX had a heart attack and is on life support.

WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

His future pacemaker hopefully will lay a consistent beat.

ffffffffffffuck

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

rude

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Fuckin :lol::lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

this right here is the good stuff

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh my god lol. As a doctor this really got me holy poo poo dude.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

M-m-m-m-monster Kill!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
BARK BARK tic, tic, tic, tic BARK BARK

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

god drat

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

BARK BARK tic, tic, tic, tic BARK BARK

Are you saying that DMX is Boat FCing?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I never heard Boat's dog in six full years, I'm not entirely sure it's made up :thunk:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I have a hard time believing Mystikal was a real thing either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlUvH7qL_jQ

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never heard Boat's dog in six full years, I'm not entirely sure it's made up :thunk:

I think boat's dog died 8 years ago.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Apparently it's a heart attack secondary to an OD so it ain't looking good for Darkman X

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

Godholio posted:

Page one was depressing and annoying, because of the situation as described and snarky goons, respectively. Then page 2 happened. :stare:

efb
I wonder what his new forums name is

Same, :catstare: Queen Elizatits laid a well-deserved beatdown on him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Think it's a speedball or a fentanyl cut

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, the total number of milsurp items in that article includes such dangerous weaponry as a filing cabinet and two parkas given to one of the Guam PDs. There's a huge difference between that an giving an MRAP and a crate of Stinger missiles to the Buttfuck, SD police. Hell, I can even imagine situations where a PD getting an amphibious vehicle could be justified (those flood prone towns along the Mississippi could probably use one for emergency rescue purposes).

because during floods the cops need to make sure they've in an armored amphib with a 50 cal

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Give another agency rescue items instead of the swat team imho

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PookBear posted:

because during floods the cops need to make sure they've in an armored amphib with a 50 cal

I'm trying to think of any other possible thing that could be used during flooding to help, but no, no I guess we should give the cops LAVs and MRAPs

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

this is an amphib just so we're clear on just how dumb vincent is

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The cops shouldn't be given any of that poo poo. They have plenty of budget to purchase equipment. Filing cabinets, pistol magazines, anything.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All the flood rescue I've seen done in SC hurricanes has been in FMTVs and they work just fine

They're also always staffed by NG, lol if you think cops are leaving the station in that poo poo

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I don't think it much matters that a department was only able to get a mundane shipment of file cabinets instead of the M203s and MRAPs other departments got. Military occupations still need winter parkas and file cabinets, so it's not like the file cabinet cancels out a grenade launcher somewhere, morally speaking.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm more alarmed that the spending accelerated and tapping the line items saying "Ah well they bought file cabinets this time!" doesn't make me feel good about them having the spending power going forward

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

I'm more alarmed that the spending accelerated and tapping the line items saying "Ah well they bought file cabinets this time!" doesn't make me feel good about them having the spending power going forward

Was it spending? I thought that program was donations of gear from the military to the police

As far as the harmless poo poo, they should be paying for it, not getting it for free, not with the budget they have, or better, give them(some of) the free poo poo, but ake their budget away to go to useful poo poo.

And nothing they can't get without their military connections ffs

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Not spending, thank you for catching. Still alarming for all the reasons everyone has stated.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

Not spending, thank you for catching. Still alarming for all the reasons everyone has stated.

Yeah, the lack of spending doesn't make it better

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Wouldn't boats be more useful during a flood than armored amphibious troop carriers?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Wouldn't boats be more useful during a flood than armored amphibious troop carriers?

Yes. But the kind of boats you'd get for that don't let you cosplay being a real army man that you never got to do because of your bone spurs.

brains
May 12, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

listen buddy sorry, but you're just not a fit for our culture here in the department

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

CainFortea posted:

Yes. But the kind of boats you'd get for that don't let you cosplay being a real army man that you never got to do because of your bone spurs.

Little do they know that being a real army man isn't really all the movies make it out to be. But I guess these guys are all 'I was gonna be a SEAL'

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nuclear War posted:

Little do they know that being a real army man isn't really all the movies make it out to be. But I guess these guys are all 'I was gonna be a SEAL'

They would have punched the DI though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Bad Poster posted:

Who said anything about troop transports? I was talking about something like a LARC.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Who said anything about troop transports? I was talking about something like a LARC.

Probably because no one in the US uses them except like, 2 units and they are the sole operators. I'm pretty sure no one on these forums have ever even seen one in the flesh being used by a US element.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When you want to drown in army style, the duckboat.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When you want to drown in army style, the duckboat.

Stone Mountain has them as an attraction where they take you out on the lake with them. They don't seem that bad, but I can see it being a really lovely experience outside of a calm lake in nice weather.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/merrilymaralie/status/1378524692957556736?s=20

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Was it spending? I thought that program was donations of gear from the military to the police

As far as the harmless poo poo, they should be paying for it, not getting it for free, not with the budget they have, or better, give them(some of) the free poo poo, but ake their budget away to go to useful poo poo.

And nothing they can't get without their military connections ffs

In theory it makes sense. The military has a guaranteed federal budget and often outgrows perfectly serviceable equipment. Why not throw some surplus stuff to law enforcement that doesn't have the same requirements about interoperability, etc? No reason not to make public spending more efficient.

But because cops, it ends up with local budgets supporting ridiculous maintenance costs on equipment that has no business being used by civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Funny that if it's clerical poo poo the police who have insane budgets vs education get it vs schools.