Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I had stuff to do this weekend you rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ultrafilter posted:

The content is procedurally generated but what you see on the Twitter account is heavily curated.

I mean yeah, just letting it spew out everything it generates to Twitter would end up with a lot of spam and nonsense

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Farecoal posted:

I mean yeah, just letting it spew out everything it generates to Twitter would end up with a lot of spam and nonsense

So Twitter, then

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My very first attempt at an AI horse somehow manages to get literally everything wrong, from the horse to the rider to the mysterious text at the bottom.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Farecoal posted:

Plus the model sometimes spits out real Dril tweets from the training set almost verbatim (the person who runs it has posted some without realising and had to delete them)

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

The content is procedurally generated but what you see on the Twitter account is heavily curated.

I'm pretty sure this is what most Twitter accounts of this sort do; I've learned to appreciate that kind of cherry-picking as the "acceptable" type of human interference with presenting generated content without stating it out loud every time, although it's definitely a bit of a bummer, too. It's a bit of a different case, but I recall being quite let down when I realized how non-procedural a lot of the very iconic older generated texts were thanks to being created using a predictive keyboard. When I started playing with Markov chains I definitely hoped at the end I would have something that consistently generates coherent, funny stuff.

Case in point, here are some more heavily handcrafted Markov-chained music albums!

This last one I made by trying to avoid any cherry-picking; I picked the first result I got for everything, with the only exception being if the generated text was directly identical to something in the source data:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, IDK about the dril account, but the "procedural" screenplays are only procedural in that they were made by every word being selected by a human being from a list of procedurally generated options. The entire process has a human author who is guiding the writing and selecting the choices they think are funniest/make the most sense.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would definitely buy GUTTERGENTS' Hail To The Jazz.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Sometimes the account owner uses prompts, but the rest are taken from a big ol' text file that the GPT2 model spits out

Anyway, here's some good news: https://twitter.com/drilbot_neo/status/1377785423532019713

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would definitely buy GUTTERGENTS' Hail To The Jazz.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9yTuO7d1rk

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

the horse generator is fun

shtttestsgcck

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
My Little Shoggoth: Friendship it fhtagn.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I finally have a good idea of what Orb looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHNavH_4jI

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PenguinKnight posted:

the horse generator is fun

shtttestsgcck
Want to pet that doggoth

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:psypop:

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

There's a pop-sci book I read a while back about how cats turn themselves in midair. The book has an anecdote about how nobody really had any idea how horses ran until fast-exposure cameras came around: their legs just move too fast for anybody to actually see the pattern their legs moved in, and therefore there are a bunch of old paintings of running horses where the leg motion is totally wrong.

I feel like these are what you get if you ask someone to paint a horse who's only ever seen a horse running at full speed, very close to them so they didn't have any chance to actually see anything beyond the general shape of the horse.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Seeing stuff like this really makes me wonder about that open ai image generation demo site. The results are just so far beyond anything anyone else has put out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Karia posted:

There's a pop-sci book I read a while back about how cats turn themselves in midair. The book has an anecdote about how nobody really had any idea how horses ran until fast-exposure cameras came around: their legs just move too fast for anybody to actually see the pattern their legs moved in, and therefore there are a bunch of old paintings of running horses where the leg motion is totally wrong.

I feel like these are what you get if you ask someone to paint a horse who's only ever seen a horse running at full speed, very close to them so they didn't have any chance to actually see anything beyond the general shape of the horse.

i think the question was whether all hoofs were off ground at some point when a horse is galloping (which tbh is arbitrary, trot gallop fart). so pathe or lumiere or someone doucmented it and everyone was like, yea that makes sense: hoof's in the air

it never looked like a galloping horse had hoof on the ground at all times but some rear end in a top hat thought it did & someone had to actually invent film to prove that he was wrong

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Carthag Tuek posted:

i think the question was whether all hoofs were off ground at some point when a horse is galloping (which tbh is arbitrary, trot gallop fart). so pathe or lumiere or someone doucmented it and everyone was like, yea that makes sense: hoof's in the air

it never looked like a galloping horse had hoof on the ground at all times but some rear end in a top hat thought it did & someone had to actually invent film to prove that he was wrong
Eadweard Muybridge

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carthag Tuek posted:

Trotting and galloping are different gaits and matter for horse races; in some races, the improper stride can disqualify a horse.

Trotters are usually harness horses, but some places still jockey them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDlcSgcrXM

Source: I broadcast horse races all day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Please only broadcast horses 27 hrs per week, comrade

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They broadcast horses, don't they?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

These have turned out to be a lot of fun to make!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Getting kind of a trucker rock vibe from My Baby's A Gun, Gas Lovin', and Perfect Beautiful Ohio.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Fun Friend sounds a lot like a trucker coded sex thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's just another fucker trying to be Conor Oberst.

You may say they oberstepped their bounds

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd also like to say that Guttergents-Hail to the Jazz, is probably the best randomly generated album name I have ever heard. I don't even think I could have made up a name that good myself!

I also wanted to share this video from a while back, a review of the Witness made entirely from predictive text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOmbgEj765w

(I still say "regards for your time" to myself because of this video).

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1378899649415806979

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

:bitcoin:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hey now. Often with bitcoin it's a literal prison.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

E: Source for the posts below vv

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1380536804445655041

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Apr 9, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:drat:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You're not the boss of me, GPT-3
:colbert:
https://twitter.com/premeesaurus/status/1380545582717042688?s=19

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

What is even the point then

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/MtGmarkov/status/1381310344157597702

I got back to my Magic: The Gathering card markov chain generator. Some examples:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I want to make a pissbrial deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!