Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
axtinguisher is cool, I guess, but have you ever killed a heavy by attacking his medic with a third degree???

the sound of two people dying to one melee crit is like the singing of angels

edit: not as impressive as others here but

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Buff the third degree by also making it do ubercharge drain and i would use nothing else. Make medics fear pyros.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My third degree is exclusively designed to let vacc medics know that I loving hate them

The vaccinator is maybe one of the main weapons I think needs a rework or nerfed

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Forcing the vacc medic to use his charges on fire is a great way to reduce their power. I think the vaccinator is mostly :airquote: "balanced" :airquote: around a pyro being up in his rear end with fire. It both reduces their shields' effectiveness overall and forces more uses of the ability.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I need airblast too much to go backburner.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Peanut President posted:

axtinguisher is cool, I guess, but have you ever killed a heavy by attacking his medic with a third degree???

the sound of two people dying to one melee crit is like the singing of angels

edit: not as impressive as others here but

the homewrecker is the obvious choice for defensive/utility pyro but for combat I think the third degree is arguably the best choice. Axetinguisher is no longer worth the squeeze vs just raw M1 but the third degree can unexpectedly wreck medics and as mentioned bypasses vaccinator shields (as all melee does). Powerjack is potentially viable if you need to scoot a long distance to the point or you're going to be flanking but the damage vulnerability isn't the greatest.

Neon annihilator and back scratcher are... situational.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 4, 2021

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Reiley posted:

Is the heavy not still a class in this game?

no, he is not

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I seriously still cant believe gas passer and neon arent a combo.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Frida Call Me posted:

no, he is not

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm still mad there isn't a full pyroshark loadout with primary and secondary. Primary can be a super soaker that makes enemies wet and can extinguish teammates but that's it, secondary could be some passive backpack that maybe prevents drowning or increases underwater mobility.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ArfJason posted:

That would require the Gas Passer to not be an incredibly terrible gimmick weapon

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009
Team Fortress 2 - Pyro mains suffocating with the lack of air between their skill floor and ceiling.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

That would require the Gas Passer to not be an incredibly terrible gimmick weapon

I use it a lot though rarely get the chance to capitalize on it but I have most luck with it defending on payloads. But shotgun is so much more useful and I think even the jetpack is better if you're going the aggressive flanking route

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Oh my god, it isn't. This is a shame.

edit:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TF2 is still a fantastic game. Still can't get over how great it is after all of these years. Even the cosmetics hold up because of the way they allowed you to slot in different pieces of gear. I say post your best looking layouts, because I love what you can get up to in this game.

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

The medic with his absorbed conjoined twin will always be one of my favorites. I don't run it anymore though because there's not enough room for my obligatory duck hat and rule that every loadout needs to have a mascot, so I run Santarchimedes instead (The one time every few months I play medic).

Girbot fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 5, 2021

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i've always been a fan of my Thin Man spy

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

some items don't work very well together

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ahhh, will ferrel.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

random valve server where everyone went soldier and saluted rick may. love this games community

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i popped off, not gonna lie (that was a soldier and his 2 vax medics)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is the post game rating for MM or the actual maps? I'd hate to vote down a good map because the teams were too lopsided and we get obliterated

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

If you're referring to the occasional 1-5 after a Casual game, there are both "map" and "match" prompts, so you're doing the right thing.

I'd love a mode for less common maps, with decent non-bot players. Miscellaneous is always DeGroot Keep and Payload Race is always Hightower DM meta shenanigans. I want to remember how awful a round of Hydro is, or the Jungle Inferno maps, or another mid-tier map that never gets in the Casual rotation anymore.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is the post game rating for MM or the actual maps? I'd hate to vote down a good map because the teams were too lopsided and we get obliterated

There are both and it took me years to realize that they were different ("quality of the match" vs "quality of the map") but don't worry, absolutely no one is looking at the data anyway.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i need a feedback option for "team had 4 or more sniper + spy, all at the bottom of the scoreboard" or "team's engineer(s) threw the match by forcing us to fight down 3 players because they thought building at last when we are trying to defend the second payload cart point would actually work despite it never working"

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So this new community MvM mode is completely absurd. Round 1 is what would make for a final wave in a regular mission. Pass.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That sounds awesome, I wasn't aware there was a new mvm thing but the most boring part of MGM is always the first few gimme waves. I'll have to try to get some buds together to try it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Burbito do be liking shounic

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

New Winglet thing (fully 28 minutes long):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0yQHIz3WU

Meanwhile, lazypurple posted he's having depression issues and we shouldn't wait for the medic video.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Does anyone regret the whole robots things never evolving into a proper DOTA mod? Like Monday Night Combat, but good? That's really what I expected back when MvM was first announced.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My only major regret about MvM is that they don't let you go far enough with the upgrades. No upper limit, who gives a poo poo. Let you add jarate on shield bash, or AoE fire on rockets. Who gives a gently caress, you're balancing around bots, let people do stupid broken loadouts. If someone wants to pour all of their upgrade points into the bison's damage modifier so it does thousands of HP on hit, loving let them.

edit okay, what if botkiller weapons weren't just normal stranges with that stupid cosmetic skull, but only counted mvm bot kills AND leveled up slightly based on the upgrades you pick in games, like keeping 1% of the stats changed. Imagine you're struggling with a wave and someone joins who's grinded the tour a thousand times and his rocket launcher by default does twice the normal damage. gently caress yeah!

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 26, 2021

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit okay, what if botkiller weapons weren't just normal stranges with that stupid cosmetic skull, but only counted mvm bot kills AND leveled up slightly based on the upgrades you pick in games, like keeping 1% of the stats changed. Imagine you're struggling with a wave and someone joins who's grinded the tour a thousand times and his rocket launcher by default does twice the normal damage. gently caress yeah!

This sounds fuckin horrible

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009
. . . Someone with 1000 tours wouldn't need double damage.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i finalyl found a video i asked for in here like abillion years ago (i think it was this one?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6m10iZ14s0

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5hrLxboO04

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i finalyl found a video i asked for in here like abillion years ago (i think it was this one?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6m10iZ14s0

Ah back in the day of the speech bubble, where you could set voice volume to 0 and have your comp team tape down ptt for easy spy checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

this has been posted t me and its not this one, im like 99% its the oine i posted