Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheSlutPit posted:

Everyone saw the Glenn retweet on Anna’s baby post but no one gonna mention the emrata + chloe sevigny comments? Seems like red scare has surpassed chapo in the millennial consciousness...sign of the times I suppose

I recognise some of these words, but the order they're in is frightening to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheSlutPit posted:

Everyone saw the Glenn retweet on Anna’s baby post but no one gonna mention the emrata + chloe sevigny comments? Seems like red scare has surpassed chapo in the millennial consciousness...sign of the times I suppose

I dont follow any of these people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If it isn't Heathcliff or charts get it off my feed.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I just heard of "TreadTube".

I knew exactly what it meant without having to look it up. I guess it's good branding.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

TheSlutPit posted:

This reads like a getfiscal tweet ngl

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

TheSlutPit posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

If it isn't Heathcliff or charts get it off my feed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Heathcliff for Smash

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
loving furries...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Josh Christ posted:

Those feeds are specifically set up not to work on those apps. I just download using music bee on my desktop and then toss them on google drive.
i think pca just deleted a lot of them the past month or two as well because they had many others there were not just the reddit ones, but yeah. i have patreon to most so its okay and doesn't matter to me; however, it just makes it hard to link particular episodes to non-patreon people. The only ones i really pirate are just chapo, trashfuture, blowback, and time for my stories. although im really digging TF so i'll probably sub to it. I might rotate out my Economic Update with Dickwolf just because I really havent listened to it in months -- dickwolff owns but its hard to get a lot of out of that I dont already know.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Right as ususal

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1378008081502777345

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I also hate that!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1378587873574813696?s=20

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1378595947723288582?s=20

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol the shoe is on the other foot now that biden is president

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
socdems suddenly real sweaty and collar tuggy about how they treated laura loomer

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

xtal posted:

Yeah accessibility of podcasts is actually a huge concern imo. Worse yet, the way this is being solved is with AI from companies like Google and Spotify, meaning you'll get locked into those platforms since there isn't a good, free alternative.

My one criticism of podcasters making massive Patreon monthly $$$'s is that they really should fork up for decent transcriptions. You don't have to rely on AI or underpay someone in the Philippines. You can just... pay someone a decent wage to do it. That's a thing you can do. It's one of, like, three or four expenses a podcaster has.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

It would be simpler for her to say she's writing yuri or class s, but that doesn't check enough boxes for non-weebs

quote:

In order to pass the Bechdel test, fiction films have to meet the following three criteria:

There have to be at least two women in the film
Who to talk to each other
About something other than a man

It's not a perfect system, but the point is to make sure films show women as fully realized human beings, independent from men.

quote:

It’s also where numerous selections pass the Bechdel test (movies like Christine and Sand Storm, in which two women talk to each other about something besides a man) and, in honor of the director and Sundance alumna Ava DuVernay, what might be called the DuVernay test, in which African-Americans and other minorities have fully realized lives rather than serve as scenery in white stories.

quote:

The "Mako Mori test", formulated by Tumblr user "Chaila" and named after the only significant female character of the 2013 film Pacific Rim, asks whether a female character has a narrative arc that is not about supporting a man's story. Comic book writer Kelly Sue DeConnick proposed a "sexy lamp test": "If you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft."

quote:

The "Vito Russo test" created by the LGBT organization GLAAD tests for the representation of LGBT characters in films. It asks: Does the film contain a character that is identifiably LGBT, and is not solely or predominantly defined by their sexual orientation or gender identity, as well as tied into the plot in such a way that their removal would have a significant effect?

quote:

Contemporary shows are either essentially all-male, like "Garfield", or are organized on what I call the Smurfette principle: a group of male buddies will be accented by a lone female, stereotypically defined (...) The message is clear. Boys are the norm, girls the variation; boys are central, girls peripheral; boys are individuals, girls types. Boys define the group, its story and its code of values. Girls exist only in relation to boys.

Also,

https://twitter.com/guillotineshout/status/1378477953634467850

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Removed worthless post

xtal has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Apr 4, 2021

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If Chapo provided transcripts it would be a godsend to the most insane and insufferable people who pretend to be leftists

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is what peak performance looks like

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

lol those people already accused them of being ableist because those transcripts don't exist in the first place

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

If Chapo provided transcripts it would be a godsend to the most insane and insufferable people who pretend to be leftists

They could just start a Patreon so they can pay someone to listen to and transcribe each episode.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Remarkable self own from Briahna here lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he;lp

https://mobile.twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1378599874837557248

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gorn Myson posted:

lol those people already accused them of being ableist because those transcripts don't exist in the first place

security through obscurity ableism

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jesus christ this is embarrassing

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

TheSlutPit posted:

chris crocker too...I think emrata's husband worked with anna's bf because he was involved in producing Uncut Gems.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that's so crazy. what happened with FTV

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's so crazy. what happened with FTV

Followers That Vanish

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i say swears online posted:

Followers That Vanish

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Friend The Vaush

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It would be simpler for her to say she's writing yuri or class s, but that doesn't check enough boxes for non-weebs

Also,

https://twitter.com/guillotineshout/status/1378477953634467850

lolling at “created by tumblr user ‘Chaila’”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

She's way too terminally online. It's very obvious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

i say swears online posted:

Followers That Vanish

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

chloe

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a new front has opened in the Dore Wars

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

mcmagic posted:

She's way too terminally online. It's very obvious.

Her and Neera Tanden should have a charity boxing match for the title of Queen of Twitter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

a Loving Dog posted:

lolling at “created by tumblr user ‘Chaila’”
It's funny how much stuff in these "activist" circles comes from a random Tumblr post.

Tumblr is a place where children of varying ages just sort of think out loud while they figure things out. In Lacanian terms, it's imaginary. That's fine. But there needs to be a barrier between that stuff and, say, establishing ethical standards, for the same reason that a functional adult has a barrier between their brain and their mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I think the CIA accidentally killing Kennedy with Oswald cause they thought he was a bad shot is funnier than the Secret Service doing it on accident

After seeing how Felix couldn't barely play MGS on stream I doubt he's played mor than thr first level of a Souls-bourne

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Apr 4, 2021