Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

who besides amber moved?
Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

C'mon man

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

to where

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Langley VA for some reason

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

California

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Matt moving to California has intense Don Draper at Esalen vibes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
California is one of the only places on Earth that is genuinely as nice as everyone says it is and as long as you aren’t moving to a couple shithole parts it really looks and feels like paradise.

gently caress Sacramento

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a friend of mine got sucked into that giant megachurch in Redding when she was 19 and she's got a way happier and fulfilling life than i do. redding looks nice

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Sucks that Matt had to move as one of the terms of his divorce but I'm happy he and Amber can finally be together.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I don't agree about the show sucking. I found a generous amount of the recent episode with Katherine hilarious. When there are lulls in funny, I remind myself that they're just regular peeps. And firing on all cylinders isn't a thing most people do consistently.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am excited about this turn the Chapos are taking

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1378896268064346113?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

I am excited about this turn the Chapos are taking

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1378896268064346113?s=20

chapo's back baby! Arooo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

a friend of mine got sucked into that giant megachurch in Redding when she was 19 and she's got a way happier and fulfilling life than i do. redding looks nice

If it makes you feel better, Redding has a huge meth problem, is not nearly as nice as Southern California, is full of chuds, and almost completely burned down in a huge fire a few years ago.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

California is one of the only places on Earth that is genuinely as nice as everyone says it is and as long as you aren’t moving to a couple shithole parts it really looks and feels like paradise.

gently caress Sacramento

this thread is just.... nevermind

.... well anyway the chapo curse rears its ugly head once again

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1378899700439465986?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s going to win all of the Oscars because we live in Hell

This in the same year that a good Fred Hampton movie also got made

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
To the people wondering if Felix beating the Fromsoft games so fast was due to him using guides, here’s your confirmation:

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1378919324149293059?s=21

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No shame in using guides for Fromsoft games.

Felix should check out ymfah for pro-strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD-ZX1Fv3N4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
write the book

https://twitter.com/abandonedwharf/status/1378583638564954112?s=20

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

It seems like every podcaster is in a vicious cycle of getting sick of NY and moving to California or getting sick of California and moving to NY.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

It seems like every podcaster is in a vicious cycle of getting sick of NY and moving to California or getting sick of California and moving to NY.

Or moving to Texas because of taxes, but they would never admit it.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did Matt actually move? I thought it was a joke but he looked like he was in a different place last stream

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I cannot imagine getting sick of California and moving to New York. Everyine I ever knew who left California for reasons other than very specific employment related reasons were just priced out. That's why I won't ever live in San Diego again, though I would very much like to

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sometimes, when I guess I must want to feel bad, I look up the bottom market prices there on Craigslist and ache for a while

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr.Radical posted:

To the people wondering if Felix beating the Fromsoft games so fast was due to him using guides, here’s your confirmation:

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1378919324149293059?s=21

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

He'd already said it when talking about Sekiro - he did Genichiro in a lot fewer tries than I think most anyone and mentioned watching guides.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
isnt laurence just cleric beast with an extra phase where he crawls around and bleeds lava? whats so bad about him

Groovelord Neato posted:

He'd already said it when talking about Sekiro - he did Genichiro in a lot fewer tries than I think most anyone and mentioned watching guides.

what secret genichiro knowledge does a guide impart? letting you know the lightning reversal move exists?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That but also knowing the tells for moves (like how many arrows he shoots or whatever) ahead of time is an advantage.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Zhulik posted:

what secret genichiro knowledge does a guide impart? letting you know the lightning reversal move exists?

When I was struggling through it the first time, having someone say "you can get a hit in when he does this if you dodge to his right instead of blocking" would've shaved off probably 4-5 attempts for me. I was so bad at that game though, it took me forever to even get to genichiros final phase.

Matt writing alt-history would be fun, but he would need a co-author and a strong editor. His history pods have always been fun, and it's clear he can forge a good narrative to present, but he would also be the guy with a 3-page footnote about how you probably didn't know XYZ, but it's very important for something that happens.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Laurence is hard because he has an insanely massive health pool, the stupid lava stunlocks you if you are in the same zipcode as it, and the hurtboxes on his attacks are the size of rhode island

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Edit: nvm

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 5, 2021

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Who are the guys doing the Twitch stream? Don't think they've appeared on the podcast.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

they're just some guys felix is gaming buddies with and wanted to throw some work. I don't watch twitch but I've heard they're fine and it's not like they were ever gonna get Matt and Will to sit down and stream a game even once a month

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't know how Matt watches every SNL. I was over my parents' for Easter and we watched the latest episode and we didn't laugh once - every sketch went on for way too long and Weekend Update is so loving bad (I'd never heard Colin Jost talk before and what a nerd). It really is the Passion of the Christman.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't know how Matt watches every SNL. I was over my parents' for Easter and we watched the latest episode and we didn't laugh once - every sketch went on for way too long and Weekend Update is so loving bad (I'd never heard Colin Jost talk before and what a nerd). It really is the Passion of the Christman.

Jost makes me yearn for the days of Seth Meyers, who I though was an extremely boring and flat Weekend Update Host.

Michael Che also breaks more often than Fallon and half of each line and sketch is him desperately trying to white knuckle through it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
SNL seems completely hamstrung by trying to adhere to these weird 40 year old paradigms that they created.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

SNL seems completely hamstrung by trying to adhere to these weird 40 year old paradigms that they created.

They still basically do Lonely Island skits too, long after all the Lonely Island people left the show.

So now it's Kyle Mooney doing weirdo pre-taped skits, and, like, Aidy Brant and Keenan doing music videos. They've added one new paradigm in 40 years.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The SNL sketch they made this week where it's just portrayals of black people unwilling to get vax'd is insane. Like, how did no one in the cast stop that? I've heard Cum Town bits that are less offensive that that.

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1378562611449565184

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The length of the sketches (which are universally way too long) is kind of built into the live format, as it’s a lot more palatable to do 6 six-minute live sketches than 12 three-minute sketches.

That said, they could try and write two or three jokes for each 6-minute sketch rather than just repeating one for the duration, but uh, that’s hard I guess.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Boywhiz88 posted:

The SNL sketch they made this week where it's just portrayals of black people unwilling to get vax'd is insane. Like, how did no one in the cast stop that? I've heard Cum Town bits that are less offensive that that.

I’m guessing Che wrote it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A friend explained to me a while back that for comedy nerds SNL is more akin to a sports league where you have players you like to follow and watch grow, and you endure a lot of mediocre games because the occasional great one makes it worthwhile. I still think it’s insane to watch week to week but it helped me make sense of why anyone still does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That does seem different than watching the Chappelle Show or I Think You Should Leave, sketch shows where every episode is funny