Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"you can't fire me! i AM better ingredients! i AM better pizza! I AM THE GODDAMN PAPA JOHN AND I AM THE PIE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Eat of this pizza, for it is my body.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I agree that it DOES actually sound like they were out there to get him the hell out of the company or at least out of the public eye because of the crazy poo poo he was saying, even if what he was saying was 'private' on business calls or whatever.

...however he actually IS fuckin' crazy and saying nutso poo poo. So...

Also, I can see that he feels he wasn't insulting african americans by saying N- because he was using it to illustrate "Look this other mascot said 'X', and I'm not saying that!" but...don't loving say the word. Say "Col. Sanders used the N word for Pete's sake, we're not doing anything like that!" to illustrate your drat point ya moron...

So, through his addled mind, and given the context of the conversation, I see where he doesn't THINK it was offensive, and to be honest, it's much less offensive than it COULD have been, but...jesus. It's clear he's hosed up and they needed him out.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I’m starting to think papa john is a big loving dumbass

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is he still eating like 40 pizzas a month to prove his pizzas are poo poo?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He doesn’t eat them, he absorbs the grease through his skin for nourishment.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I still love that he wants to use an old timey racist as the bar to pass.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 1 minute!

AdmiralViscen posted:

I’m starting to think papa john is a big loving dumbass

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tato posted:

https://thepapajohnschnatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/05_22_18_-Transcript.pdf

Drops the N word and then just jumps off the call to a stunned audience. Papa Bless

Lmao

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Lmao I vaguely remember thinking it was a joke that he'd said colonel sanders could say it so why couldn't he.

The legacy of Colonel Sanders is that he made so many people happy that he should have a lifetime pass for his usages of the word

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Agent Escalus posted:

The legacy of Colonel Sanders is that he made so many people happy that he should have a lifetime pass for his usages of the word

The truly funny thing is that nobody can recall the Colonel actually using racial slurs.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Agent Escalus posted:

Funny thing is that after Ol' Greasy Racist threw Sanders under the bus, his family and business partners were like, uhhh, yeah he was an old white man in the south but we never heard him use the gamer word and even stopped saying 'negro' when told that it was no longer the proper term.

Of course this is all hearsay, but I did enjoy the unified response of keep the colonel's name out of your racist, drunk, bitch-rear end mouth.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Uh the Colonel isn't dead dude. I saw him on a commercial today.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chief McHeath posted:

Uh the Colonel isn't dead dude. I saw him on a commercial today.

every time the current Colonel nears death, an eldritch ritual is performed to transform a sacrificial victim into the new Colonel. i've heard dark rumors that the ritual is exquisitely traumatizing to witness.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The board definitely wanted him out. Didn't the article that broke this story also mention the long history of sexual harassment and favoritism in management?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Tato posted:

lol, the best strategy the team could come up with was "just admit you're a huge alcoholic"

All those unintelligibles are n words

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 2, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I live in Kentucky and know people who knew him when he was alive and the colonel was infamous for not being able to go ten words without swearing and cussing people out so if no one heard him use a bad word he didn't use it period.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the coronel fought his loving client on court. if he used the n word we would know

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I live in Kentucky and know people who knew him when he was alive and the colonel was infamous for not being able to go ten words without swearing and cussing people out so if no one heard him use a bad word he didn't use it period.

This makes me wish I'd been alive to try actual KFC. Incessant non-racist swearing usually indicates a great chef.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Propaganda Machine posted:

This makes me wish I'd been alive to try actual KFC. Incessant non-racist swearing usually indicates a great chef.

Actual KFC still gets served at a place in Shelbyville called Claudia Sanders Dinner House. When he sold all his poo poo to KFC that was excluded from the agreement so it still uses the actual original recipe

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

LMAO that Plarpa Jon created a racist boogeyman version of Colonel Sanders to compare himself favorably to

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'd spend a genie wish to watch Colonel Sanders beat the poo poo out of Papa John.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

uber_stoat posted:

i'd spend a genie wish to watch Colonel Sanders beat the poo poo out of Papa John.

Or Foghorn Leghorn. Either one really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Actual KFC still gets served at a place in Shelbyville called Claudia Sanders Dinner House. When he sold all his poo poo to KFC that was excluded from the agreement so it still uses the actual original recipe

That place is on my post-pandemic bucket list.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Now it’s on mine too, just added it to my list in Maps. Thanks BFD!

uber_stoat posted:

And if PJ’s blackout drunk (again), Ray Kroc

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the coronel was a loving badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4ph_gKcpI

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Agent Escalus posted:

Now it’s on mine too, just added it to my list in Maps.

Excellent idea, I think I'll do the same! I'm a little bit happier for the world now.

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
Papa John's pizza SUCKS

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I am going to tell my family we're driving to Shelbyville, Kentucky to eat actual Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I'm only half-joking.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
"Oh, you think cheese is your ally. But you merely adopted the dough; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the box until I was already sauced, by then it was nothing to me but GREASY!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao at his insta

mr policeman i gave you the clues

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That bottom center one lol.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

He REALLY wants you to look at him. Possibly more than he wants you to eat his pizza. Even more possibly than he actually wants to run a pizza place. That’s just a means to an end of you looking at him more!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I feel sorry for that dog.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That dog was made into pepperoni ages ago.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Look me in the eyes while you eat the pizza

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/Bwg3hqd.mp4

I'm sorry, I'm trying to delete it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:stonklol:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
now do the wombo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007