Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
RIP George Segal, who voiced the lawyer who marries Jeff's step-daughter for her money after learning that she owns the rights to Blues Traveler's first album.

edit: drat, depressing snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We're like 3 weeks until new episodes. Not soon enough.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is there a line in the show somewhere about lending someone money they don’t expect back? Something like “I have to call it a gift otherwise I’ll never sleep at night.”

In my head it’s Roger saying it, but for all I know it’s not even American Dad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stanny Slickers 2: The Legend of Ollie's Gold has an exchange where Roger refuses to loan Klaus money, but it doesn't have that exact line.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The_Doctor posted:

Is there a line in the show somewhere about lending someone money they don’t expect back? Something like “I have to call it a gift otherwise I’ll never sleep at night.”

I know there was a line when I think Klaus asked Roger for money and he said "I never lend money to friends for any reason. I'm sure you're good for it but I got in a terrible situation lending money to a friend that ruined the friendship so I don't do it just as a general rule." It got really awkward after that for a few seconds as they stood around staring at each other.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*Roger biting his nails*
Klaus: geez man, I'm sorry I asked.
Roger: Me too, actually

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
That was such a great moment.

I was going to say that Roger/Klaus interactions are always fun, but I can't think of any two main characters that DON'T have fun interactions. Maybe Jeff/Steve?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Jeff and Snot but then again snot's not for everyone.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The_Doctor posted:

its Cheers in the episode where Diane buys a rare book signed by Ernest Hemingway. She spends 4 minutes of the show scheming with the bar patrons on how to get Sam to lend her the money then she goes in asks for $500 which he gives her immediately because he's had so much trouble with his friendships getting ruined from loaning people money that he just gives it to them immediately and never expects to see it again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

its Cheers in the episode where Diane buys a rare book signed by Ernest Hemingway. She spends 4 minutes of the show scheming with the bar patrons on how to get Sam to lend her the money then she goes in asks for $500 which he gives her immediately because he's had so much trouble with his friendships getting ruined from loaning people money that he just gives it to them immediately and never expects to see it again.

I've never seen more than a handful of Cheers episodes, so I'm fairly sure it's not that, but it's good to know that it's a used story beat.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

People were complaining about Family Guy earlier in this thread, and I get that (the Terminator episode is one of the worst things they've ever done), but I gotta give credit where credit is due: I liked this weeks episode.

It's about Louis doing crimes because she's having a mental breakdown over not being chosen for customer of the week at a local coffee shop. Oh, and I also like an earlier Christmas episode they did where Louis does a holiday crime.

And while I'm confessing things: I actually liked the most recent Simpsons too. Marge helps Megan Mullally commit a crime.

I guess I'm just sucker for moms doing crimes, which is part of the reason why I love Francine so much. Francine is the tv mom with the highest crime ratio.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Queen of the crotchwalk. She even hit The Gash.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

This is ringing some bells but I can't tell if it's an american dad thing or a family guy one. I FEEL like it's roger talking to stan

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Chad Jihad posted:

This is ringing some bells but I can't tell if it's an american dad thing or a family guy one. I FEEL like it's roger talking to stan

Its from Family Guy, Stewie is paying for a flight for Brian for some odd reason.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

People were complaining about Family Guy earlier in this thread, and I get that (the Terminator episode is one of the worst things they've ever done), but I gotta give credit where credit is due: I liked this weeks episode.

It's about Louis doing crimes because she's having a mental breakdown over not being chosen for customer of the week at a local coffee shop. Oh, and I also like an earlier Christmas episode they did where Louis does a holiday crime.

I don't know -- the Terminator one was boring, but it was nowhere near as bad as, for example, the one where Meg pretends to be dead.

Also, I thought you were talking about Principal Lewis at first here. Lois is hanging on by a thread; she had a gambling problem, a shoplifting problem, an eating disorder accompanied by a drug problem, she raped Peter twice, and she tried to gently caress her daughter's boyfriend who was still in high school. She is insane.

quote:

I guess I'm just sucker for moms doing crimes, which is part of the reason why I love Francine so much. Francine is the tv mom with the highest crime ratio.

You might be right. Killing her college roommate, underground knife fighting, stealing, flashing, attempted murder, DUI...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know -- the Terminator one was boring, but it was nowhere near as bad as, for example, the one where Meg pretends to be dead.

Also, I thought you were talking about Principal Lewis at first here. Lois is hanging on by a thread; she had a gambling problem, a shoplifting problem, an eating disorder accompanied by a drug problem, she raped Peter twice, and she tried to gently caress her daughter's boyfriend who was still in high school. She is insane.

You might be right. Killing her college roommate, underground knife fighting, stealing, flashing, attempted murder, DUI...

But she also has a sensitive side. Just look at the size of her sex garden!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zero One posted:

But she also has a sensitive side. Just look at the size of her sex garden!

:hmmyes: Not to mention the time she let that female security guard have a threesome with her & Stan.

Unrelatedly, there is entirely too much time left to wait for the next American Dad episode. Like, it almost makes it unfun to pick apart the previous episodes because I've been over them so many times during this eternal wait.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Francine "Be gay and do crimes" Smith

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Francine "Be gay and do crimes" Smith

A true hero to us all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

:hmmyes: Not to mention the time she let that female security guard have a threesome with her & Stan.

Unrelatedly, there is entirely too much time left to wait for the next American Dad episode. Like, it almost makes it unfun to pick apart the previous episodes because I've been over them so many times during this eternal wait.

19 days! :toot:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
and we STILL don't know anything about the season premier.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Just watched the one where Stan and Francine make some friends. One of my favorites.

"Compound fracture feels good after a workout, nice to air out the bones a little. I'm going to chill here, catch my breathe, go into shock, I'll meet up with you guys later."

Dog runs in and bites the bone "That's not your bone silly, who's a silly boy."

Just amazing all around.

TBS has been promoting the new season and showing clips but hasn't said the clips are from the premeire.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
do you guys think francine will be in this season??

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

do you guys think francine will be in this season??

No, she's not. Haven't you heard? She and Roger are getting their own spin-off show where they travel around in a van and solve mysteries.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No, she's not. Haven't you heard? She and Roger are getting their own spin-off show where they travel around in a van and solve mysteries.

I would watch the hell out of that. 83% of the time, it’s Roger.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

I would watch the hell out of that. 83% of the time, it’s Roger.

The other 17% of the time the criminal is Francine.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 1, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Heels and the Legman

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Zero One posted:

Heels and the Legman

I'm actually kinda amazed they haven't done that gag yet

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

That... would be a really good episode imo.

B-Plot: Steve and Jeff bonding over early children's programming on the television. They discuss the finer points of Boobah.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 1, 2021

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

drrockso20 posted:

I'm actually kinda amazed they haven't done that gag yet

Same

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

WIDOWS!!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember the ep with the killer pair of blue jeans?

Someone made it into a movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9741310/

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Remember the ep with the killer pair of blue jeans?

Someone made it into a movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9741310/

Jeans?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

10 21 16 47

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My guide says the season debut is Who Smarted?, so there we go.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What episode has roger and steve watching airplane

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

I am the Walrus

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

limp_cheese posted:

It gave us Sweeps so I'm willing to look the other way.

Give me your belt *ignores belt and walks into the other room* SWEEPS IS DEAD

But I still have my belt.

Oh, give it to me. *throws it into the room* SWEEPS IS DEAD.

Plus when the Stan stand-in came in, Stan pointed a gun right at him and he immediately u-turns without changing demeanor.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of poorly aged though, I was watching Stan's Night Out today and the jokes about the trans prostitute are...eh. Also, while trying to find out her name and the name of the CIA guy who's into her, I found out that the first girl Roger meets at the pig party was voiced by Joss Stone. :eng101:

You're not wrong, unfortunately plenty of early 00s shows are like that. HIMYM had "tranny" thrown around a few times, for instance.

Aside from that, I'd say Stan's Night Out is one of my favorite episodes, probably because it was the first one I watched. So many lines burned into my head. "Nathan! This is why you keep getting molested!" "Cheesers came back." "It's over, Biscuit", "Biscuit, coming in hot!"...

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 15, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FireWorksWell posted:

"Nathan! This is why you keep getting molested!" "Cheesers came back." "It's over, Biscuit", "Biscuit, coming in hot!"...

Stan's Night Out was never a huge favorite of mine, but these quotes are all magnificent, especially the Nathan one. I think maybe it's just the worst episode of its season, which is like saying it's a 7 out of 10 in a sea of 9s and 10s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

My favorite thing about this show is that even if you don't like an episode, there's always good lines in them.