Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And now they’re run by *checks notes* 2014 All Star Game participant Derek Jeter.

The first thing the team did under the Jeter group (he's the face of the group but far from the principal owner) was trade away the best outfield in the majors. Two of them have won MVP in their careers

e: Although, interestingly, at one point Yu Darvish insinuated someone was relaying signs to Christian Yelich from first base and since the league cracked down hard on sign stealing Yelich has been Real Bad but no one talks about it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

The first thing the team did under the Jeter group (he's the face of the group but far from the principal owner) was trade away the best outfield in the majors. Two of them have won MVP in their careers

Running the Dinger Machine out in the outfield costs a lot in electricity you can’t hit too many home runs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Started playing AC: Vikings again and I think my main complaint is that this should be very good but the game gets in its way constantly.

Every few minutes I'm feeling like "oh I got your puzzle, game. Cool that was mindless fun, let me grab that reward." And then cursing at Eivor for refusing to move as they should or getting caught up on some piece of scenery.

e: I want to track down whoever thought that little beepbeepbeep sound was a good idea and leave a bunch of legos on the floor by their bed while they're asleep.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 5, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can someone who knows more about baseball please explain the miserable existence of the Florida Marlins franchise to me because I find it baffling. Is it some deep level conspiracy to act as a AAAA farm team for the bigger market teams in the league? Because every time they’re good for a year it’s treated as a freak accident and they destroy the team as fast as possible.

They've won multiple world series this generation they can eat my whole rear end

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can understand that. I can’t understand having two singular playoff appearances which somehow ended in a championship and then immediately stripping the entire team over the following offseasons each time.

Jeff Lorie is a humongous piece of poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really wish my power company didn't show up on my credit statement as "US Retailers" so I didn't have to spend twenty minutes figuring out what that charge was just now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Marlins are the perfect franchise from a fan perspective. On the rare occasion they’re actually good, they close the deal and win the drat thing. The rest of the time, they have the courtesy to let you know before the season’s even started not to worry about it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

The Marlins are the perfect franchise from a fan perspective. On the rare occasion they’re actually good, they close the deal and win the drat thing. The rest of the time, they have the courtesy to let you know before the season’s even started not to worry about it.

Well not anymore. Last year they made the playoffs but only stuck around long enough to knock the Cubs out before getting eliminated

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

Well not anymore. Last year they made the playoffs but only stuck around long enough to knock the Cubs out before getting eliminated

60 game Covid season is fake and doesn’t count. Also didn’t they play more 7 inning double headers than anyone else because they started the season as a plague ship that couldn’t play for 2 weeks?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

Just lol at anyone who recognizes last year’s playoffs as legitimate

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

General Dog posted:

I laughed so hard at this it’s perfect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

60 game Covid season is fake and doesn’t count. Also didn’t they play more 7 inning double headers than anyone else because they started the season as a plague ship that couldn’t play for 2 weeks?

There were also a few games postponed because of the players doing BLM walkoff protests which set off the chud MLB fandom pretty bad

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Finding out Brendan Kelly runs that account was a delightful revelation for me

D-LINK posted:

Say what you want about nihilism. At least it's an ethos

Life is the misery we endure between disappointments.

Go Vikings!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Marlins shall be cursed to never win a world series because they got rid of the dinger machine.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Well I am back in KY. Dad decided he wanted to relax on his extra day off so we hauled rear end at 5pm CST. I'm tired and ready for bed.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Marlins were so close to getting the whole season cancelled. The first like month of the “season” was just non-stop cancellations and postponements.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BlindSite posted:

Thats really cool. Good poo poo for getting into it.

Thanks man.

Kind of a weird hobby to just jump into I guess, but I'm enjoying it. And in stupid sentimental fashion, my dad did it back in the 70s for a bit and actually wore the belt and wallet he made back then right up til the day he died in 98. I actually found his scratch awl in a box of random poo poo so I've been using it.

Like I said, I'm still poo poo but it's getting better each time. By end of year I'd like to make a bag and probably a clutch for my wife as well.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah the Marlins have won more WS titles than the Braves in the last thirty years (or 26, in their case) in spite of an abysmal win percentage during that period.

They have no interest, as an organization, in maintaining any long term success. They draft and develop and immediately ship their stars out of town.

What a depressing franchise.

Also, General Dog said it really well.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

Getting my 2nd dose tomorrow so woohoo.

420, glad you're getting help and that you're in a better spot. It's hard as a guy to come forward with poo poo like that. Don't let the bastards keep you down.

I've been awol from the internet for a couple weeks, just general burnout and trying to get my head right. I bought poo poo to start leatherworking to make a belt and a wallet and it has kind of taken over lately. It's been very zen like for me and I'm loving it. I'm not good at it or anything but I'll post my last two projects just because I'm somewhat happy with how they've turned out.

Lighter case, pre oil.

Wallet, I kept loving up simple card holder styles so tried a more complicated style and it came out decent enough that I'll actually use it.

Dog tax

Oh very cool! My partner in the auto shop / car flip thing is a high end upholsterer by trade and he does wild poo poo with leather. I’ll snap some picks at this workshop but he’s very much a “hunt it, eat it, use the rest for a bag” kinda guy

The attention to detail and the discipline needed is wild. Cool hobby to take up for sure

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tyrese why

https://twitter.com/arkospams_/status/1378921383237931009?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I watched Kong vs. Godzilla and it was fine I guess. I think I've completely lost interest in CGI action fests like that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think I've completely lost interest in CGI action fests like that.

welcome, friend

will send u some a24 films asap

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

My gf told me a story about how her and a friend were traveling (NY I think) in college and took pictures next to a sleeping homeless guy (could have also been just a guy napping) on a bench in the park. They told another friend of hers about it and the friend got pissed about it, made a fake newspaper article about how the cops found a dead body in the park and were looking for suspects seen near the body before it was found, two girls etc etc. GF bit hard on it and spent like the next week worried she was going to jail before the friend told her what was up.

To this day she feels horrible about it and is the person that keeps money/change in her car to give to homeless at stop lights - donates and works at food banks etc.

When she told me the story I was dying laughing and her insistence on how it was NOT funny and that it's a serious thing only made me laugh harder. She's a great girl and I love that she donates her time and money to causes like that but the way she got there is just amazing.

They were two dumb college kids. No idea why adult Tyrese would think this is okay.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I watched Kong vs. Godzilla and it was fine I guess. I think I've completely lost interest in CGI action fests like that.

I tried watching it last night but fell asleep, woke up when Kong found the axe, fell back asleep then woke up when Kong and Godzilla were fighting the robot godzilla and I was a little confused. I'm probably not gonna try and watch it again.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 5, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I tried watching it last night but fell asleep, woke up when Kong found the axe, fell back asleep then woke up when Kong and Godzilla were fighting the robot godzilla and I was a little confused. I'm probably not gonna try and watch it again.

Godzilla and King Kong literally fighting SuperMecha Godzilla is a little on the nose for a certain subforum here.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It’s second jab day for me. Really hoping it doesn’t lay me out because tomorrow is our son’s 12 birthday and I have overcommitted myself to making lasagna and cheesecake.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

It’s second jab day for me. Really hoping it doesn’t lay me out because tomorrow is our son’s 12 birthday and I have overcommitted myself to making lasagna and cheesecake.

Curious to know how it goes. My first shot I didn't feel any residual anything except a little shoulder soreness for a couple hours after. Otherwise fine. I'm worried the second shot is going to knock me on my rear end

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

e: Although, interestingly, at one point Yu Darvish insinuated someone was relaying signs to Christian Yelich from first base and since the league cracked down hard on sign stealing Yelich has been Real Bad but no one talks about it

Yelich was also hurt all last season, which was the likely culprit

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Don't cross the recipes!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shirts and skins posted:

Godzilla and King Kong literally fighting SuperMecha Godzilla is a little on the nose for a certain subforum here.

ahahahahaha goddamn I did not even consider that

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Curious to know how it goes. My first shot I didn't feel any residual anything except a little shoulder soreness for a couple hours after. Otherwise fine. I'm worried the second shot is going to knock me on my rear end

Friend of mine said he got a headache on the second shot, but that's it. No major arm soreness either. I'll get mine tomorrow so we'll see.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't cross the recipes!

I’ve always wanted to make a savory cheesecake though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shot 1 of Moderna knocked me on my rear end for most of this weekend. I had a lot of outdoor work to do and it just wasn't happening.

I'm glad I got it on a Friday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

IT TASTES LIKE FEET

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Shot 1 of Moderna knocked me on my rear end for most of this weekend. I had a lot of outdoor work to do and it just wasn't happening.

I'm glad I got it on a Friday.

Clear proof Pfizer is the superior of the two imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cheesecake made with mozzarella and ricotta and lasagna made with cream cheese

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is it a myth that the worse you feel after your shots, the better your immune system is

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Braksgirl posted:

BG: How's the cheesecake?
SB: It's a little lumpy. Was the cream cheese off?
BG: It's ricotta ^.^
SB: ...

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Pron on VHS posted:

Is it a myth that the worse you feel after your shots, the better your immune system is

I don't know, I generally don't get sick. Maybe once a year or something for me if that and after my first shot on a friday, I had sore arm for a couple days and then felt mildly sick for 3-4 days after that. Kinda worried about how bad its going to be for my 2nd shot this friday but at least I got the weekend to lay up if it really is going to be bad.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Finding out Brendan Kelly runs that account was a delightful revelation for me

Also Arby’s PR people ambushed him at an airport with cute puppies when they found out he was behind it :3:

Also also I ran into him in Chicago after an Alkline Trio show at the Metro. This was also the night of the double doink playoff loss and he was in his dumb Bears vest he always wears. I said sorry for your loss and he got all mad lol. (A friend and I ran into him the previous night and we sheepishly introduced ourselves and asked for a picture and he’s a super nice dude!)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Pron on VHS posted:

It’s just how your body reacts, which varies wildly. My wife gets sick far more than I do, but neither of us got anything other than mild arm soreness on both doses- her w Pfizer, me Moderna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Braksgirl posted:

I felt like death warmed over two hours later and then was perfectly fine the next day, I know my mom didn't have any reaction at all. I called to check in on how it was going and had to remind her why I was calling when she wanted to talk about something else.

So your odds are decent for tomorrow at least from my anecdotal experience.