Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Policenaut posted:

Naughty Dog has been on again/off again about Savage Starlight for years now, and after TLoU I kind of hope that they're going to do that.

YES PLEASE

Edit: also factions 2 when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Had some attempts at [sekiro] True Corrupted Monk before bed tonight and never a great idea to play these games when tired but, he seems fairly straightforward but with three health bars it is a battle of attrition and I'm generally spent when i get to his last phase. Really annoying but I guess I'm just tired. Maybe feeling a little burnt out on it atm too

I love that fight and the next area but it's ballsy as hell of FROM to gate the area with a boss like that. Fortunately True Monk is harder than anything you'll be facing for a short bit, so afterwards you can just kind of relax and enjoy the scenery.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Policenaut posted:

Naughty Dog has been on again/off again about Savage Starlight for years now, and after TLoU I kind of hope that they're going to do that.

instead of console wars the next generation will be fans of this vs. fans of bethesda's starfield

edit: vs. that space game ubisoft had a trailer for in WD2 that is also never coming out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'd love to see ND do a very technical hard sci-fi game, not so much a space opera game though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

maybe it's been posted already but in case it wasn't

https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1377643512577941506

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I love that fight and the next area but it's ballsy as hell of FROM to gate the area with a boss like that. Fortunately True Monk is harder than anything you'll be facing for a short bit, so afterwards you can just kind of relax and enjoy the scenery.

Tbh it doesn't feel like the area's been gated by the boss as pretty much every boss has such a super short boss run. I think maybe that's why im feeling burnt out as there's a lot less exploration in this game than previous from titles, the areas feel very small and some are even reused. It's a much smaller game and it feels like a constant boss rush with little to no downtime, especially since some of the minibosses can be just as tricky as the main bosses. Also a lot of the boss fights I've felt were kinda disappointing. Fighting Genichiro was one of the all time greatest gaming highs I've ever felt but so far the game has yet to even come close to matching that.

It's a truly incredible game and I know I shouldnt be comparing it to bloodsouls. Dont mean to be negative about but just some thoughts I've been having

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat VG you’re kicking rear end. I think you’re gonna really like Dark Souls 3

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I had a dream about dark souls 3 where I got invaded by a hacker and instead of saying ‘you died’ it said ‘POTATO CHIPPED’

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
You can knock out one of True Monks Pips in a single blow... just FYI

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Tbh it doesn't feel like the area's been gated by the boss as pretty much every boss has such a super short boss run. I think maybe that's why im feeling burnt out as there's a lot less exploration in this game than previous from titles, the areas feel very small and some are even reused. It's a much smaller game and it feels like a constant boss rush with little to no downtime, especially since some of the minibosses can be just as tricky as the main bosses. Also a lot of the boss fights I've felt were kinda disappointing. Fighting Genichiro was one of the all time greatest gaming highs I've ever felt but so far the game has yet to even come close to matching that.

It's a truly incredible game and I know I shouldnt be comparing it to bloodsouls. Dont mean to be negative about but just some thoughts I've been having

I think Sekiro is about the same size as Bloodborne but yeah the grappling hook makes it much easier to travel through fast, and yeah the game is quite a bit more concerned with fight progression than environmental progression or even presenting the environment as a lethal element like in Bloodsouls. That said, after True Monk you have 2 or 3 extremely epic bosses to go and one of the most beautiful FROM environments period. You're closing in on the final chunk of gameplay, enjoy! Don't hesitate!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Also VG you really had such a magnificent set of fights today, with 3 in particular exemplifying 3 of the most satisfying Dark Souls archetypes:

First Aava - the grueling long term grind that you just KNOW you can get. A long time coming but once you finally master it the final fight is pulled off magnificently.
Then Ivory King - the bombastic challenge with panic and flailing that still manages to all come together and be cleared on the first attempt.
And finally Darklurker - the seemingly impossible fight, returned to for a final few attempts culminating in a near miraculous victory just on the edge of death.

Glad I got to witness all of these moments. Congratulations.

:D Thank you for being with me every step! You have been an incredible guide and great encouragement!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh dear.
oh dear.
OH dear.

oh dear oh dear oh dear.

OH DEAR.

oh dear.

Hahah, I showed lady VG and I really do say that quite a bit!

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, you can beat The Ivory King in one try???

Somehow. Somehow I did and kept a soldier alive. I think I got very lucky!

Tuesday Souls :D

fridge corn posted:

Okay

Okay

Okay okay

Okay

Okay

Ookay

Oscar Wild posted:

No, no, no....nononono

Hahah and these too. Definitely my catchphrases! Hoorah :D

Regy Rusty posted:

I went and clipped the Darklurker victory if you want to see pure joy and relief incarnate:

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenPlainOwlPMSTwin-n3FLlEpHtbnkEfuI

Oh my word. Thank you for clipping this. I was so close to floating/fainting with joy. I properly had held my breath even more than the Vendrick fight. Total Elation!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

drat VG you’re kicking rear end. I think you’re gonna really like Dark Souls 3

I am so stoked to start! I need a day of rest for sure though. Tuesday is going to be interesting... :D

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VideoGames posted:

Somehow. Somehow I did and kept a soldier alive. I think I got very lucky!

I had to do it over enough to unfreeze all the soldiers to even have a chance.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
You only really have to fight the first health bar legit for True Monk, second healthbar you can rope up to one of the branches and he'll sort of be de-agroed as he transforms on the middle of the bridge and you can do a jump attack on the second bar.

3rd healthbar you can pretty much throw fistful of ashes at him, hit him a few times, repeat until dead. If you run out of Ashes you can firecracker as well to stagger him.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

You only really have to fight the first health bar legit for True Monk, second healthbar you can rope up to one of the branches and he'll sort of be de-agroed as he transforms on the middle of the bridge and you can do a jump attack on the second bar.

3rd healthbar you can pretty much throw fistful of ashes at him, hit him a few times, repeat until dead. If you run out of Ashes you can firecracker as well to stagger him.

Are you sure they didn't patch this exploit out last autumn?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The middle bar quick kill worked as of the middle of last year, one of the other bars used to be exploitable but that one was patched

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
For whatever reason, (Sekiro) True Corrupted Monk was a lot easier for me than their counterpart. If it's any consolation, I'm terrible and I managed it without the exploit.

The next level's probably the best part of the game, so don't give up until you get there.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It was an exploit? I thought it was just how you were supposed to do it lol. So you can’t jump up to the trees and get a stealth deathblow anymore?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Just tested it, Monk hits like a truck as a memory but it still works. Didn't realize it's an exploit. They never fixed the Demon of Hatred super cheese so I doubt they would "fix" this.

Don't make the bosses harder for yourself than need be ! There isn't a diminishing return on using the ashes or crackers for monk in either fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHgOF-hUbQ

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

fridge corn posted:

Had some attempts at [sekiro] True Corrupted Monk before bed tonight and never a great idea to play these games when tired but, he seems fairly straightforward but with three health bars it is a battle of attrition and I'm generally spent when i get to his last phase. Really annoying but I guess I'm just tired. Maybe feeling a little burnt out on it atm too

Definitely do the thing to skip phase 2. Might have to try it once, but it is very easy to pull off. Then, right as she starts to get up (no sooner I don’t think it counts) douse her in oil and wait for an opening shortly after (I think she always does the five swing thing) and flame vent the heck out of her. Then just.. fight on.

My progress with owl father is... holy poo poo. I actually think I know most all his moves? But gently caress if I undoubtedly screw it up in phase 2.

The first time I tried him it went VERY well:

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1378872642262900743?s=21

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Haha never stabby attacks against him, it doesn't end well.

Personally the simple Whirlwind Slash is an easy way to get two hits in on his openings, otherwise i'd recommend the single Ichimongi over the double, for some reason the double leaves you exposed a bit after the second hit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One armed wolf is the dopest nickname.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The theme music for the True Monk and Genichiro fights is hands down some of FROM's best

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can I start a new run on Sekiro without losing my previous save? Or is it just one slot and deal with it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Should be multiple slots available.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

YESSSS!!!

https://youtu.be/sTsbNNCXDKs

I almost died. So many times. The one point I did die I sat there, next to my wife, and was like,” ok, deep breaths. I can do this. I can do this.” Then I revived and started at him pretty well. Made some mistakes but landed all the important hits. I really thought it was a dead run, he kept doing that bullshit disappear and reappear slam right down on my head poo poo and it was really getting to my confidence and rhythm. But when I jumped his Phoenix and mikiri countered him? That’s when I knew it was loving on. A bit later I notice his posture bar starting to flash red and knew I had this. And then I just went full ham with all I had and killed him.

I loving nearly fainted from happiness and glee. I’m still shaking over here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, they patched being able to do two desthblows if you tried, you can still do one

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

YESSSS!!!

https://youtu.be/sTsbNNCXDKs

I almost died. So many times. The one point I did die I sat there, next to my wife, and was like,” ok, deep breaths. I can do this. I can do this.” Then I revived and started at him pretty well. Made some mistakes but landed all the important hits. I really thought it was a dead run, he kept doing that bullshit disappear and reappear slam right down on my head poo poo and it was really getting to my confidence and rhythm. But when I jumped his Phoenix and mikiri countered him? That’s when I knew it was loving on. A bit later I notice his posture bar starting to flash red and knew I had this. And then I just went full ham with all I had and killed him.

I loving nearly fainted from happiness and glee. I’m still shaking over here.

jesus what a slugfest

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I'm sure it was all a little overwhelming but you looked cool as a cucumber that whole fight.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BisterdDave posted:

Realistically, Naughty Dog's next game should be a new IP. I will lose my poo poo (in a good way) though if they announce another Uncharted game. No matter what it ends up being, it will end of being a system seller.

there was a rumour that one of the new sony studios (not the main ND, but one of the new ones just setup) were making a sully game, like the young adventures of sully or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

Firstly Oscar thank you for all those kind words earlier. I only just saw them but you were correct and I needed to believe in myself. Also I had a feeling they were playing with my timing in the DLC so it is nice to have it confirmed.

Secondly. I BEAT DARK SOULS II!!!!!!! :D :D

I am over the moon right now. Just so jolly and happy and accomplished! All I set out to do this morning I did!!

Aava!
Sir Alonne!
Royal rat authority!
Dark lurker!
DLC3!
And the final bosses!!

Goodness! It was an utter blast! Took me entirely 52 hours and 23 minutes to do everything!!

There were some really hairy moments. Like the darklurkers ganging up and me slamming them both at the same time and having almost no health!

I got repeatedly invaded by someone called TheCoolSmelt who made it so funny by switching up their armour and tactics every time. When they were hiding as boxes and ice blocks and zooming around chasing me I could not stop laughing.

Also turns out he was watching my stream the whole time and made himself known at the end.

I did the Ivory king first time which made everyone go :O

I got two channeler tridents in a row from dropping stuff into nests!

I ate all my Boss souls and gave them each a eulogy.

Most importantly I beat the game!!!!!!!!!

This means Tuesday I start Dark Souls 3!

Thank you SO much for Nekodraga and Esco for joining me in the scholar boss. I love summoning you guys into the game. It feels like so much fun.

I am on cloud 9!!

:D

cannot believe how quickly you beat ds2. :eyepop:

the power level... unimaginable.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

cannot believe how quickly you beat ds2. :eyepop:

the power level... unimaginable.

Me either!!

I just checked and it took me 11 play sessions in total. Coming up to 57 hours over four weeks. I am laying the groundwork for Sekiro for sure :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Me either!!

I just checked and it took me 11 play sessions in total. Coming up to 57 hours over four weeks. I am laying the groundwork for Sekiro for sure :D

you are going to smash sekiro harder than anyone has ever smashed a game before

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

You will VG. I can’t wait for you to experience how great this all is.

Edit: do you have a ps5? I think it is a bit easier at 60fps but no biggie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veegy has already proven to be a parry monster, the one thing the powers that be were counting on to maintain the current diseased order is that veegy never be granted a game entirely about parrying, he have become death destroyer of worlds gaze upon his bulbous pink form and tremble

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

infraboy posted:

Sekiro tips

I said I was gonna take a break but I saw your post, loaded the game up and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7GD74jEbw

It was too easy. I'm really sloppy in the first phase and I miss almost every single perilous attack. I have so much room for improvement against this boss and hes so beatable without the cheese but I cheesed him anyway. I feel like I've not only cheated the game but also myself. Tho I guess there is always the boss rush mode after you beat the game to go back and do it proper.

I think I will take a short break from Sekiro for the moment. Not because I'm getting fed up with the game or anything but I'm getting bored and my gaming adhd is demanding I change things up for a bit. I will come back refreshed and everything will be shiny and exciting again!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

You will VG. I can’t wait for you to experience how great this all is.

Edit: do you have a ps5? I think it is a bit easier at 60fps but no biggie.

Sadly no, though I do want to get one :)

you are going to smash sekiro harder than anyone has ever smashed a game before

veegy has already proven to be a parry monster, the one thing the powers that be were counting on to maintain the current diseased order is that veegy never be granted a game entirely about parrying, he have become death destroyer of worlds gaze upon his bulbous pink form and tremble

I will do my best to live up to this, sensei. :hai:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

see you soon in Lothric, my friend :black101:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

fridge corn posted:

I think I will take a short break from Sekiro for the moment. Not because I'm getting fed up with the game or anything but I'm getting bored and my gaming adhd is demanding I change things up for a bit. I will come back refreshed and everything will be shiny and exciting again!

Haha good work, I don't really think it's much of a cheese. The only real cheese of the game is one with Demon of Hatred and after a lot of time learning him, he really isn't so bad at all.

I was loving around with Owl part 2 thanks to earlier posts so best I could do was beating him with 3 heals. He got me good a few times late with attacks i'm usually good at avoiding. Camera can get REAL wonky around the pillars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bo7wuO7Zo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations to all of my dudes on your video game successes!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone else lightly repulsed when somebody refers to framerates as "buttery"? Ew.