Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'll take it, if you still have it, pm sent

When I'm out of bed I'll send it along.

e: Sent!

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Cross-post from the VR thread, might be interesting to folks who play Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR:

SirViver posted:

SirViver posted:

Is anyone here able to get this new ReShade VR CAS mod working with Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR mode?

When I use it in combination with kegetys eye accomodation d3d11.dll then ReShade doesn't load at all, at least in VR mode. If I disable kegetys mod then dirtrally2.exe crashes with an access violation shortly after launching.

It works perfectly fine with and without kegetys mod in non-VR mode (though I'm not sure if his mod does anything in non-VR mode?). It also works fine in other VR titles, like Eleven Table Tennis.

Update on this issue - there are two separate problems & solutions:

DR 2.0 Crashes on Launch in VR Mode With ReShade (dxgi.dll) Installed

ReShade Does Not Load in VR Mode When Using Kegetys Eye Accommodation Mod (d3d11.dll)

So far it is not clear why these issues happen. On some systems the original mod works out of the box, on others either or both of these issues can happen.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so um.. looks like I wasted money on the humble bundle kuz I alread had all the DLC for ACC..

so Up for grabs to some posters that dont have it (unlikely)

AC+ DLC pack from humble Bundle

Kartkraft

Maybe I"ll toss some other shits too.

leme know and I can PM or something.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

tater_salad posted:

so um.. looks like I wasted money on the humble bundle kuz I alread had all the DLC for ACC..

so Up for grabs to some posters that dont have it (unlikely)

AC+ DLC pack from humble Bundle

Kartkraft

Maybe I"ll toss some other shits too.

leme know and I can PM or something.

I would be super into AC+all the DLC, but I just sold my wheel so I wouldn't play it any time soon. Don't think it's going to be great with controller.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Of the big current racing sims, what do you all prefer as your go to for single player against AI?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Automobilista 2 is mine. There's arguments to be made for ACC with its more focused content set as well.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I said come in! posted:

Of the big current racing sims, what do you all prefer as your go to for single player against AI?

ACC because I love GT3 and GT4. If you don't like GT3 and GT4 then you won't like ACC, but that's my preferred (non-rally) racing.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

I said come in! posted:

iRacing, ironically, has very good offline AI races. RaceRoom Racing Experience, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shine posted:

iRacing, ironically, has very good offline AI races. RaceRoom Racing Experience, too.

iRacing has been my go to sim for the last 6 months, but i've been getting burned out on it, and the load times, and time it takes to get any sort of racing going, is making me want to gravitate towards another sim for awhile. I can confirm though that the AI in iRacing is rock solid and really well done.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Last call if anyone needs a copy of AC+dlc lemme know.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'll take it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

My Accuforce is here! I haven't yet used it in-game because I need to move my pedal plate and stuff (since I have to slide my seat farther back than with the G27), but I'll post impressions once I get around to using it, probably this weekend. This sure is a hefty little fucker.

I have an Obutto R3v setup, which doesn't have as solid a wheel platform as I'd like; there's a very noticeable vertical wiggle from just placing my hands on the Accuforce, as it's considerably heavier than the G27. It isn't unworkable (there are folks out there using DD wheels with Obutto), but I've been considering delving into the whole 80/20 cockpit setup for some time anyway, and this is probably as good a time as any to look into that.

Does anybody have any tips or feedback on any plans floating around out there for 80/20 rigs? Stuff like this: https://opensimracing.com/collections/metal-sim-rig-plans/products/8020-minimalist-rig-plans). Seems straightforward enough to order what you need and put it together. If anybody has any tips or plans to share, I'd appreciate it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I somehow missed this, but it was pointed out that the legendarily bullshit Brabham fan car (the one sucking up air to make its ground effect ridiculous) is almost certainly coming to AMS2. Reiza really going all out right now on fleshing out the historic F1 grids.
https://twitter.com/ReizaStudios/status/1380623042339028993

E: Actually I just looked at the beta changelog and it's in the current beta version if you have that and want to play with it.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 13, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Thread title is super appropriate, though it was a Z/28 for me.

There is still some cable-management to do, but I am not abjectly ashamed of the room anymore, so PICTURES!

First is how I use it during general use. I do slide the seat forward when I'm using primarily mouse and keyboard, but its nigh-impossible to get into in that configuration, so I generally leave the seat back.

Second is using it for flight sims:

And a detail of the stick position and bonus cat:

And finally, driving mode:

Issues I still have to rectify involve new rudder pedals and new driving pedals. The original intent for the Fanatec pedals was to inverse-mount them, but the loving brake pedal doesn't work properly when they're upside down, so I had to move them there. They slightly impinge on the brake axis of the rudder pedals when at full deflection, but it's not a major issue for the time being. The Saitek Combat pedals were cheap when they were new, and now feel like they're full of gravel, so it's almost time for an upgrade there as well.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Thread title is super appropriate, though it was a Z/28 for me.

There is still some cable-management to do, but I am not abjectly ashamed of the room anymore, so PICTURES!

First is how I use it during general use. I do slide the seat forward when I'm using primarily mouse and keyboard, but its nigh-impossible to get into in that configuration, so I generally leave the seat back.

Second is using it for flight sims:

And a detail of the stick position and bonus cat:

And finally, driving mode:

Issues I still have to rectify involve new rudder pedals and new driving pedals. The original intent for the Fanatec pedals was to inverse-mount them, but the loving brake pedal doesn't work properly when they're upside down, so I had to move them there. They slightly impinge on the brake axis of the rudder pedals when at full deflection, but it's not a major issue for the time being. The Saitek Combat pedals were cheap when they were new, and now feel like they're full of gravel, so it's almost time for an upgrade there as well.

Looks awesome! Is that seat from a skyline? It's bringing back memories.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VelociBacon posted:

Looks awesome! Is that seat from a skyline? It's bringing back memories.

It’s actually a brand-new Bride budget-racing seat. Ended up being less than $150 each when I bought two on eBay. (I built a mostly identical rig for a buddy and we split costs.)

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

MrYenko posted:

You might save yourself the trouble and dual up your racing pedals as rudder pedals (this is my long term plan): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8ZGP_BWcU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That works ok if your gas and clutch pedals have the same spring rate and range. That won't be the case with higher end pedals.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah the fanatec CSL pedals have different springs for the throttle and clutch

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Hell my G29 has different springs for throttle and clutch.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I could serviceably use my race pedals for flying modern military planes (since they don't need a lot of rudder fuckery anyway) but I'd get hella annoyed in a quickness if I tried that with a helicopter or a sketchy early old plane. But even then, yeah, the ClubSport pedals all feel super different from each other and it would make my brain mad regardless.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

Is this better?
The ones in that video are the exact ones I have. Throttle and clutch are identical. Sounds like you all spent too much money on your pedals and now you have to buy more pedals and figure where to put them if you want to fly.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Essobie posted:

The ones in that video are the exact ones I have. Throttle and clutch are identical. Sounds like you all spent too much money on your pedals and now you have to buy more pedals and figure where to put them if you want to fly.

Try hitting the clutch with your right foot I'm pretty sure it's heavier than the gas. Could be wrong.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

Is this better?

VelociBacon posted:

Try hitting the clutch with your right foot I'm pretty sure it's heavier than the gas. Could be wrong.

Hah... yeah, it is slightly heavier. Which I guess makes sense since the clutch used to be a brake pedal before you add on the load cell brake add-on. I sit corrected!

It's actually shockingly close though... so much so that these pedals without the LC would probably really suck to use.

I haven't had the urge to break out flight sims for a while though, so even if I do turn these into the occasional rudder pedals I probably won't do it any time soon.

In fact I have a super dusty set of Saitek rudder pedals I should probably ebay at this point....

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Essobie posted:

Sounds like you all spent too much money on your pedals and now you have to buy more pedals and figure where to put them if you want to fly.

:pcgaming:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

So Fanatec just announced a $350 8Nm Direct Drive CSL wheel:

https://twitter.com/fanatec/status/1384948468372983810

Detailed (somewhat) info at
https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/23025/the-new-standardd-the-csl-dd Release is Q3 it seems, specific date TBD

This effectively kills Thrustmaster's mid-high end stuff (TS-PC, TS-XW, etc) as well as Fanatec's on CSW products. It's low on torque so there's absolutely still a place for the higher-end stuff (I usually have my SC2 Pro set between 12-16Nm, and the CSL DD caps out at 8Nm) but that looks to be a doozy of a mid-range wheelbase for $350 USD (or 350 euros).

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

shortspecialbus posted:

This effectively kills Thrustmaster's mid-high end stuff (TS-PC, TS-XW, etc) as well as Fanatec's on CSW products.
Thrustmaster's social media people doing it right...
https://twitter.com/TMThrustmaster/status/1384958424337764356

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

wolrah posted:

Thrustmaster's social media people doing it right...
https://twitter.com/TMThrustmaster/status/1384958424337764356

That owns.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That is legit massive for them to have a direct drive wheel for under £400. Mostly because it makes them now the default option for people looking to upgrade from Logitech's stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
350? :signings:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weeeeeelp, guess I’m hanging on to the fanatec wheel from the dead CSL wheelbase I have.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Well fuk why did I just buy a csl elite wheelbase and $200 wheel for 499? :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Fanatec setup was $900 total, I am good with not buying from them again anytime soon.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

tater_salad posted:

Well fuk why did I just buy a csl elite wheelbase and $200 wheel for 499? :(

Depends on whether you want to game now or in 6 months. And you probably have to pay an extra $99 if you want more peak torque than the csl elite

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I could have used my g290 for a bit longer. But yeah I'm pretty happy with my csl elite set and formula wheel. I still need to decide if I wanna buy the v2 wheels.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'll run my CSW for another couple years, and then make the call.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I feel like even though it's DD, it's probably not a meaningful upgrade from my CSW 2.0, right?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

KillHour posted:

I feel like even though it's DD, it's probably not a meaningful upgrade from my CSW 2.0, right?

The torque is very similar, the real difference will come in the fidelity of the feedback by removing the belt drive. Ffb detail should be higher. I'm gonna wait until the reviews come and the early adopter kinks are worked out before considering upgrading from my CSL 1.1

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'll consider getting the CSLDD 1.5 or 2 whenever they identify whatever terrible design mistake they made and update it a year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I appreciate someone on Race Department pointing out it doesn't look like it comes with an actual rim so it's still a minimum of €550 if you're not already in the Fanatec ecosystem.