Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

sigher posted:

Malmsteen's (mutton)chops are not to be taken lightly but I just can't get into the music even though he always tries to emulate Bach and I love me some Bach.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Those dipswitch modules come in versions of 1, 2, 4, 8, .... I think. It's not weird to have some switches not being used?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
That's a TC manual and all their Toneprint pedals are the same hardware with different algorithms flashed onto it - the second switch is for a Dry Kill so it must be one of the effects that doesn't use it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

I agree, he sounds like every other shred master to me because he fills every space with notes. There is value in having space/silence between notes. And that is why I stan for Brian May, who in turn admired Rory Gallagher. I'd rather have their skills than Yngwie's

I feel like some rappers go down this path too.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

darkwasthenight posted:

Yngwie is 100%, no middle-gears, unleash the fury Yngwie at all times and you either respect that or immediately want to kill him. He's turned himself into a meme and been way more successful with that long term than he was with his bands.

He seems to have chilled out a _lot_ lately. Seems pretty mellow and happy in the recent videos I've seen him in.

And he's still got some sick picking skills. Always blows my mind how little his right hand moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU2JX-XPBk8

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I saw Malmsteen live on the Generation Axe tour. During his time slot he didn't play a single song. He would run on stage, shred some lightning fast licks for a minute while the synth player just played some droning chords, then run off stage for 20 seconds, then return and do the same again.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

stratdax posted:

I saw Malmsteen live on the Generation Axe tour. During his time slot he didn't play a single song. He would run on stage, shred some lightning fast licks for a minute while the synth player just played some droning chords, then run off stage for 20 seconds, then return and do the same again.

Coke doesn’t snort itself

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1z

Lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sony marketing posted:

Discover the functional beauty of oxygen-free copper

seinfeld_im_out.gif

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

this.

please don't do this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Listen, you don't understand: They need to justify their coke habit somehow.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The copper case makes the MP3s sound more analog and natural? How the gently caress do they even try to justify that statement, even using audiophile voodoo and junk science?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
tone copper. :smuggo:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Joe Bogan posted:

The copper case makes the MP3s sound more analog and natural? How the gently caress do they even try to justify that statement, even using audiophile voodoo and junk science?

It's oxygen free. What about this is confusing?

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Oxygen-free is important to the creators of this product, because they were in an oxygen-free environment themselves for a moment, during their birth

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Advanced braiding technology is just a teenage daughter being bored in the shop, right?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

this.

please don't do this.

As an electronic engineer I gotta say: WHAT THE loving gently caress IS THIS loving poo poo loving HELL.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
Looks like it has a balanced jack, maybe a good DAC and some nice headphone amplification? Why not brag about that instead of these made up features lmao. That being said I kinda want one, my new headphones support balanced outs but doesn't look like the right plug.. Dumb world.

E: holy poo poo it's like.. I could buy a car for that kind of money? A new pc? ok. thats very stupid music poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chalupa Joe posted:

As an electronic engineer I gotta say: WHAT THE loving gently caress IS THIS loving poo poo loving HELL.

Please break this down for us laymen because I want to laugh more than I already am.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

polynominal-c posted:

Oxygen-free is important to the creators of this product, because they were in an oxygen-free environment themselves for a moment, during their birth

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I thought it was an April fools thing.
Then I read some of the reviews one was from 2019 talking about it sounds even better once the capacitors had time to break in.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

That company is full of funny niche products that are the result of a rogue engineer starting a passion project on the side while sitting in the office bored from 6 - 9pm waiting for the boss to leave for the day. The Playstation was born out of that. This was almost certainly some audiophile who managed to convince a VP that a dark magicks audio nut walkman would sell and somehow was able to produce some schematics for the team in half an hour. There are so many of them.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

sigher posted:

Please break this down for us laymen because I want to laugh more than I already am.

it’s standard audiophile voodoo. you don’t need custom capacitors and special wire braiding to get good performance.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Thumposaurus posted:

I thought it was an April fools thing.
Then I read some of the reviews one was from 2019 talking about it sounds even better once the capacitors had time to break in.

"sounds even better once the capacitors had time to break in"

genuine lol from me. That's approaching peak stupid music poo poo without evening owning a top of the line PRS

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sony and Yamaha made amplifiers in the 70s that used special Static Induction Transistors (SIT) MOSFETs that are still super coveted today called V-FET. Based on their supposed output curves, they are great at their job and hifi nerds love them.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 5, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's one thing that I keep thinking over: Like, realistically speaking? I'd be okay with regularly (once or twice per year) paying 1-1.5k for a good-great guitar/amp and maybe one day splurge 2.5-3k on something that's really loving worth it, but I keep thinking that a lot of these inflated prices I see on stuff that, like, doesn't warrant the insane-rear end prices you see and other times I'm all "y'know what? I can fix amps just fine!".

Like think about it: You know how much my SLO-100 cost me? 600 bucks. That's like 1/6th (or more! I ain't in a hurry to buy another one anytime soon) of the regular price back when it came out. Y'know how much it cost me to fix the tube issue it had?

Less than 200 dollars. I paid less than 1k for a boutique-rear end amp and had it in tip-top shape. Similar story with my ENGL Special Edition head. loving ridiculous.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Sony and Yamaha made amplifiers in the 70s that used special Static Induction Transistors (SIT) MOSFETs that are still super coveted today called V-FET. Based on their supposed output curves, they are great at their job and hifi nerds love them.

drat baby look at those curves

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Realistically though, what else are they going to do with the Walkman-brand these days but fleece audiophiles? :) Even if it's stupid.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sony release the Fuckman.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSv8xvM6to/

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7bUYBYZPE

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

this page owns.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNmHdzs37-/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nice cock.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://reverb.com/au/item/39421055-ps2-playstation-7-string-electric-guitar-w-jackson-humbucker

Accidently find something dumb every time I go on reverb lol.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Zen-koans for guitarists

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
And now the stupid is coming from me, guess who plugged in her noise gate pedal backwards and took an embarrassingly long time to figure out why no signal was getting through at all. Related, gently caress led ceiling lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

And now the stupid is coming from me, guess who plugged in her noise gate pedal backwards and took an embarrassingly long time to figure out why no signal was getting through at all. Related, gently caress led ceiling lights.

to be fair the noise gate could have just been working really well