Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

KM talking herself up with a sock puppet was the most amazing poo poo and possibly the funniest thing to come out of the whole meltdown. Part of me still refuses to believe that anyone would really stoop that low to win an amount of power over a dead & gay comedy forum but here we are

edit: went to dig up the old thread and can't stop laughing at this

barbecue at the folks has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

pentyne posted:

SA has a rich tradition of people making grand, dramatic statements and then immediately stepping on a rake.

oh my god i wasn't aware of amazing combo of posts

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

What other good alt account scandals have we had? I feel like there's been some but I'm drawing a blank. Reminds me of the Msscribe saga but that wasn't anything to do with SA.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

small ghost posted:

What other good alt account scandals have we had? I feel like there's been some but I'm drawing a blank. Reminds me of the Msscribe saga but that wasn't anything to do with SA.

fishmech used to kickstart arguments in threads by arguing with their alt to spur others into joining

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

fishmech used to kickstart arguments in threads by arguing with their alt to spur others into joining

Fishmech was an artist and their medium was pedantry and arguing on the internet.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I honestly respected fishmech's commitment to never giving an inch in any argument, and also never ever getting tired of arguing. It was an incredibly enraging combination.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zakharov posted:

I honestly respected fishmech's commitment to never giving an inch in any argument, and also never ever getting tired of arguing. It was an incredibly enraging combination.

Should run for office.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

zakharov posted:

And they still weren't anywhere close to the most frustratingly annoying "debate me" poster.

Unless that "rules of chess explained via 12th century grocery receipt" was fishmech

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pentyne posted:

And they still weren't anywhere close to the most frustratingly annoying "debate me" poster.

Yes they were!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Someone once described Fishmech as the final boss of arguing on the internet and it still makes me laugh to think about.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanSandman posted:

Someone once described Fishmech as the final boss of arguing on the internet and it still makes me laugh to think about.

Nah you get the boss to 1hp then it smiles and morphs into fishmech as the health bar fills all the way back up. Oh and it's the secret final boss you have to do a bunch of sidequests to get to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think I ever ran into any Fishmech posts in my entire time here. Did they just kinda hang out in only one forum or something?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VanSandman posted:

there was some goon-based final fantasy JRPG and the end boss was Technically Correct Fishmech

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't think I ever ran into any Fishmech posts in my entire time here. Did they just kinda hang out in only one forum or something?

They were prolific in SH/SC, I think they did gamesposting as well.

Fishmech may well be the most annoying / tedious person I have ever interacted with, but the Fishmech as an artist post has me thinking.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If you define skill as an artist as the ability to make others experience emotion, then Fishmech was an artist and their medium was frustration.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I feel like Tiggum belongs somewhere on the scale of pedantic internet midbosses

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Art can be bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

Art can be bad.

Hardened Criminal: "Real nice person you got there, be a shame if some one, you know, panted them." he looks up and nonchalantly states, "do it."

*on cue, Picasso begins Picassoing the woman sitting in a chair

Terrified Hostage: "Stop please! I'll tell you everything!"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Agronox posted:

I'm about 80% sure on this but someone can correct me if I'm wrong: the two main goons to found BnR were CB and Smarxist, the latter of whom left in a giant huff, making sure to call all the mods "bootlicking thugs" on his way out.

Within weeks Smarxist lost a power struggle to CB--which is impressive in a way, because CB was a top tier insufferable poster--and returned here to settle back in C-SPAM. He's likely on an alt now as people would routinely reply to every one of his posts with the "hasta siempre bootlicking thugs" goodbye message.

Smarxist is one of those people who doesn't feel shame because if they did they'd have imploded from cringe

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

horseshoe theory of cringe - post enough to cycles back round to cool again

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

what defines a "whitenoise poster"?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i dunno

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone got a link to that thing where someone posted supposedly looking for an artist for their webcomic, and it turned out they were a deeply weird person with an obsession with some defunct webcomic? Shredded Moose or something like that? It involved a goon artist, an OC who dressed like Frank N Furter and I think it was related to the Goku's pants thing?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Anyone got a link to that thing where someone posted supposedly looking for an artist for their webcomic, and it turned out they were a deeply weird person with an obsession with some defunct webcomic? Shredded Moose or something like that? It involved a goon artist, an OC who dressed like Frank N Furter and I think it was related to the Goku's pants thing?

Spoonfulof Bromide, like 2 10 pages ago in this thread.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

beatles flyer

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

<-

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:same:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Once a while ago met a someone away from the forums, discovered we are both goons and I mentioned that for a while I was locked out of even seeing D&D. I got asked if I was Fishmech and I had to make a double or triple take on whether I had done things very wrong or very right.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Once a while ago met a someone away from the forums, discovered we are both goons and I mentioned that for a while I was locked out of even seeing D&D. I got asked if I was Fishmech and I had to make a double or triple take on whether I had done things very wrong or very right.

Lmao.

Whenever I meet someone goony I wonder if I should ask, but I never do.

Hi person I traded vintage macs with this weekend, if you're reading this.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Wasn't there a goon who grew up in a cult-like environment and shared stories about it?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

Wasn't there a goon who grew up in a cult-like environment and shared stories about it?

Presterjane springs to mind, but I'm sure she wasn't alone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leavemywife posted:

That's pretty much anyone who's been posting here for years.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Leavemywife posted:

Fascinator. They had an ask/tell thread about growing up Hasidic that was :stare: :stare: :stare:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's pretty much anyone who's been posting here for years.

I can leave anytime I want, I swear.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Lmao.

Whenever I meet someone goony I wonder if I should ask, but I never do.

Hi person I traded vintage macs with this weekend, if you're reading this.

The secret codephrase was "there is always more and it is always worse"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

I'm about 80% sure on this but someone can correct me if I'm wrong: the two main goons to found BnR were CB and Smarxist, the latter of whom left in a giant huff, making sure to call all the mods "bootlicking thugs" on his way out.

Within weeks Smarxist lost a power struggle to CB--which is impressive in a way, because CB was a top tier insufferable poster--and returned here to settle back in C-SPAM. He's likely on an alt now as people would routinely reply to every one of his posts with the "hasta siempre bootlicking thugs" goodbye message.

These two things get mixed up a lot because they happened like 2 months apart at most, but KM and CB didn't have anything to do with BnR, that was made by Benghazi (formerly Dickeye) with help from smarxist, Zyla, and a couple other cspam people because of the bad response to the PPJ fiasco, Benghazi getting permaed by him for dubious reasons, and a bunch of cspam users being mad at mods for a variety of things.

The only relation between the two things afaik was Tashi helping out with bnr because she had already left SA over the fyad stuff, getting made a mod, and then almost immediately getting shitcanned for being a sex pest in the goon FFXIV discord.

Smarxist quit because one of the other BnR mods gave him the equivalent of a sixer for being aggro about ideological disagreements and then something escalated in back channels and he had a meltdown and came back to SA to get perpetually owned by arfjason. Benghazi stepped down later for ??? Reasons

I think I got all that right?

Fajita Queen has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Apr 6, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

Smarxist quit because one of the other BnR mods gave him the equivalent of a sixer for being aggro about ideological disagreements

Oof, must be hard to take considering he hides in CSPAM all the time being on the 'right' side of the dogma line. Being outgrouped must really freak those types out. Politics has been reduced to cliques complete with bullies and the bullied. It would be funny but I fear this shitshow is actually mirrored in real political circles. No wonder everything has gone to poo poo and is getting worse.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

Spinning off of this wasn't there someone who grew up in a nudist home? My memory has it being real creepy and super sketchy

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Len posted:

Spinning off of this wasn't there someone who grew up in a nudist home? My memory has it being real creepy and super sketchy

oh god yeah that was hosed up, because she didn't see anything wrong with it? there was like some weird bit where :nms: she said it was super normal that her dad would let her play on him while he had sex with her mom or something. glad i still remember that! :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

oh god yeah that was hosed up, because she didn't see anything wrong with it? there was like some weird bit where :nms: she said it was super normal that her dad would let her play on him while he had sex with her mom or something. glad i still remember that! :nms:

I think it went well beyond that, and was hopefully just a gimmick account.