Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/rN1ZifU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Okay, i found the spell "Liquid to explosive gunpowder" while i had two stacks of More Blood.
Dear god the world was scraped clean.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
This game should be tagged survival horror

https://i.imgur.com/xVIWigx.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's a bummer how saturated the perk pool is with absolutely garbage perks. I've been trying to play a non-modded game for proper unlock progression, score keeping, and achievements, but it's been a real drag. Tinker with wands anywhere is so important for making this fun.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Personally, always having 'no shuffles' is slightly more interesting/challenging to me that always having tinker anywhere though I definitely appreciate why some people like to play that way. I still like a bit of the feeling of using random junk but having no shuffles means the junk can always be modified in holy mountain to do something nice with modifiers. I also don't care about achievements at all so no big loss there.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

It's a bummer how saturated the perk pool is with absolutely garbage perks. I've been trying to play a non-modded game for proper unlock progression, score keeping, and achievements, but it's been a real drag. Tinker with wands anywhere is so important for making this fun.

Vanilla Noita is designed with an incredibly specific kind of player in mind to the extent that it ends up squeezing out a lot of players who would like the game plenty with a couple of minor changes. Fortunately, mods can fix that for you. There is absolutely no shame in playing with mods. Always having tinker with wands everywhere is a popular one for a reason.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Haven't played Noita in ages, and my only victory is from before 1.0 when things were a bit easier. So I started a new run... first area randomly had draught of midas just lying around. Emptied a flask and got it about 90% full of the draught while also collecting about 10k gold.

First temple had a spell shop, picked up a spark bolt with trigger and chain bolt. My victory run was basically all due to chain bolt, so now I'm getting excited. A few perk rerolls later I also have homing shots. And coal mines has had some pretty nice wands so far, one with an increase mana, another with critical plus, triplicate bolt and stuff like that.

So, how will I die? :v:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Zesty posted:

Which perks would you describe as being absolutely garbage at the moment? The same question arose some time ago and I've been trying to adjust the perk pool to be more worthwhile (e.g. Low & High Gravity and the extra potion capacity perks were removed entirely, some lackluster perks got extra features like added damage resistances and so on). I'd assume that the issue is more about there being a couple really really good perks (immunities, tinker with wands everywhere, no shuffle) that you want to see over anything else, but if there are perks that you feel are just outright useless in every situation, I'd imagine that in some cases I might be able to adjust them (or at least explain why they still exist as they are).

(Sorry if this sounded overly defensive; the wording was just so strong that I thought it'd make sense to ask for details!)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The problem is more that there are extremely good perks that are extremely needed (edit everywhere, immunities, etc) and no amount of other interesting perks will really replace those.

But all the new perks dilute the pool, so you get the perks you need less often. It's not that the other perks are bad, they just cannot hope to match the utility of nullifying certain damage types or being able to improve / scavenge wands anywhere.

There are a few things I'd like to see that would at least make the end game less of a slog:

- Reroll machines should treat infinite gold as actually infinite. Currently infinite gold doesn't let you buy rerolls after a point. Some people who play this have to instead go to some absurd amount of parallel worlds and save reroll machines by dropping them out of HMs, just so they can abuse the fact that they don't update their cost after they spawn. It's a really complicated, dumb exploit

- The perk pool appearing to be fixed can mean that if you get unlucky and one of the stackable perks you need only shows up once, you get to sit there pushing E forever until it comes up. This was mostly what happened when I was watching Letaali doing the sun quest -- stainless armor was one of the last perks in the pool so every reroll machine was a 2 minute slog of hoping you didn't accidentally pass it

That being said, I really wonder if we'll ever figure out what the eye messages are, or if they're even solvable at all. Given that the game requires you to not use mods to see them, I also have to wonder what else the game disables if you use mods. I think the cauldron is also turned off?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
This sounds like players who are trying to set up incredibly specific circumstances, and then getting frustrated when the RNG doesn't do what they want. Is that an accurate assessment? I mean, you use the word "need" a few times, but no perk is actually required for anything so far as I'm aware.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
After a certain amount of playtime (granted, a lot of time) your goals sorta drift from "just get to the boss and turn in the sampo" to "explore the insane amount of extra postgame content" and things like edit wands everywhere make that so much less of a hassle that they effectively become requirements

Yeah you don't technically need immunity perks or EWA to give birth to a new sun or get the 33 orb win but realistically, you're going to be prioritizing those perks over anything else

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hempuli posted:

Which perks would you describe as being absolutely garbage at the moment? The same question arose some time ago and I've been trying to adjust the perk pool to be more worthwhile (e.g. Low & High Gravity and the extra potion capacity perks were removed entirely, some lackluster perks got extra features like added damage resistances and so on). I'd assume that the issue is more about there being a couple really really good perks (immunities, tinker with wands everywhere, no shuffle) that you want to see over anything else, but if there are perks that you feel are just outright useless in every situation, I'd imagine that in some cases I might be able to adjust them (or at least explain why they still exist as they are).

(Sorry if this sounded overly defensive; the wording was just so strong that I thought it'd make sense to ask for details!)

I wouldn't blame you for being defensive when someone is expressing frustration at something you've worked on.

One of the real frustrations is that you're affected so hard by RNG from the wands you find and the RNG from the perks. So when I spend a whole lot of time clearing a floor for every bit of gold and potential wands/spells just to find a group of perks that are lackluster, it really makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time and energy. Blow a reroll or two and still get really underwhelming perks and I just want to go do something else. That's why Tinker With Wands Anywhere became essential when I was playing around 1.0. It really smooths out those runs where there doesn't seem to be any worthwhile perks.

Here's what I found quickly by scanning the perk list. Pardon the swearing, but I feel it helps emphasize my feelings here.

Don't take ever
Fast Swimming: boring, rarely useful. Doesn't help for hidden fun stuff like Breathless does, and when I say Breathless is a better perk, you know something is wrong.
Levitation Trail: Weak damage, breaks your own Energy Shields, can self-kill by being polymorphed.
Worm Attractor: So situational and can be done with a potion instead.
Toxic Immunity: Why doesn't this prevent damage from acid and poison too? I just can't imagine ever seeing this perk and going, "Oh yay, Toxic Immunity, I'm SO MUCH better off." It's more like, "I can't remember if there's any spells that make toxic sludge to synergize with this."
Teleportitis: The perk everyone takes once.
Teleportitis Dodge: Same? I actually haven't seen this one. Based on Teleportitis, I'd be VERY hesitant to take this for the first time unless it was the first perk I came across and I'm okay with throwing away the run to experiment.
No Wand Tinkering: Tinkering with wands is the best goddamned thing about this game. It's criminal to take that away for anything.
Wand Experimenter: "Wand experimenter", don't tinker with it (previously established as the best goddamned thing about this game) and you can have some healing.... why is this almost the same as No Wand Tinkering? Awful.
Bombs Materialized: Another "Don't you wish you could tinker anywhere?" type of perk. Digging utility outclassed by any sort of digging wand. Maybe someone likes the combat utility? Seems like a hassle to use in combat though.
Dissolve Powders: I guess it has some utility with the LIMITED USE spell "Ground to Sand"... but uhh, how is this helpful in a way a digging wand doesn't completely outshine it?
Gas Fire: Even more specific than Toxic Immunity. Actively hurts you in some situations. Makes the HFS area Cloudscape much more difficult to explore.
Projectile Eater: Have you seen how tiny this thing is? gently caress off. If it covered 90 degrees at my back, I'd still not take it.
Extra Item in Holy Mountain: I would never spend a perk on this. Pull this out of the perk pool and hide it somewhere on the map. Or reward it in other ways. Maybe mini-bosses could drop a perk from a pool specific to them. This could be a fine addition to that pool.
Personal Plasma Beam: Built-in reduced fire rate of your spells. Even ignoring that, it's actively detrimental a lot of the time. Why not make the eye laser an effect of one of those held items you can sometimes find instead?
Contact Damage: Seems like it's WAY too situational and never going to make enough of an impact to feel like it's helpful.
Fungal Disease: I've only seen this once, but it seemed to be hurting me when it shot out those projectiles? Needs more testing, but if that's the case, remove the self-harm effect.
Healthy Exploration: Yawn. I guess it's a perk for people going through all the hidden fun stuff, but anyone doing all of that already is managing health effectively. So who is it for?

Only Useful if you're getting damaged (aka Don't Take Ever, Part 2)
Revenge Explosion: I never ever should be taking damage.
Revenge Tentacle: I never ever should be taking damage.
Revenge Bullets: I never ever should be taking damage.
(I know the above provide small damage resistances to specific damage types. I still don't want them)
No More Knockback: I never ever should be taking damage. How often would this actually HELP me? I guess that's the same for all the revenge spells. Am I actually better off enough that I feel getting hit wasn't so bad afterall? It costs a whole perk, so it really needs that "I feel like a badass motherfucker" feeling.
Revenge Rats: I never ever should be taking damage! Blah blah blah. Same problems as the other revenge spells WITH the problems of summoning temporary creatures.

One-Offs (spoiler: They all suck)
Always Cast (One-Off): Enjoy your always-cast Return spell. This perk is ABSOLUTE poo poo to find on the first holy mountain, and most of the time any holy mountain. Just truly garbage. Early on, you can only put it on a wand you'll likely upgrade past soon. Later on it has a GREAT chance of ruining a good wand.
High Mana, Low Capacity (One-off): Always always always a bad choice if you see it early. Extraordinarily specialized later on. Why do one-offs have ANY negative effects? It's a whole perk for a wand that I might not keep.
Faster Wands (One-off): Making it work for all carried wands is good. Making it for EVERY WAND EVER would be better. In every sense of the word. Again, one-offs are almost always bad to take early on.
Extra Wand Capacity (One-off): Again again again, awful grab early. Gives WAY too few slots (ONE to three? loving really?). I can take multiple of them up to a max wand capacity of 25? How about I can only find one ever, always appears on later floors, and it brings single wand up by 25 slots. Or up to max. I forget if wands have a cap right now. I'm just spitballing here, but wow, I really need these one-offs to feel WAY loving better than normal perks to be worth it.
Extra Health (One-off): Totally. Worthless. Early. It should not appear until the late game. Or as a reward for a mini-boss kill. Really reward you for finding those health-ups.

Desperately needs synergizing perk to be worthwhile
Repelling Cape: Very limited usefulness on it's own. A water potion can do it's job in most situations. It's main utility is buffing the Stainless Armor and Invisibility perks.

Borderline
Plague Rats: Even with scaling, they're so weak and they eventually despawn. If they could just... not despawn or follow you better or something. Otherwise it's hard to take this perk.
Spontaneous Generation: ^ Same
Feared by Worms: Newly renamed and "buffed" perk for Epilogue update. Worms angering the gods is an annoying and unfun mechanic. Making me give up a perk to prevent it and taking up part of the pool just seems like a further "gently caress you" from the Devs. I derive no excitement, pleasure or relief from any part of the experience. If this was the intention, you nailed it.
Peace with Gods: Ditto with above.
Phasing: 50% chance of projectiles phasing through you. Only works on projectiles slower than a spark bolt. 33% more projectile and explosive damage taken. Don't protect you from your own spells. Really? Get rid of that damage taken increase at the very least.
Attract Gold: It's cute but ultimately meh. I think this perk is the perfect example of perks that shouldn't be in the holy mountain perk pool, but should be found in other unique ways. This one, in particular, could always be hidden in Fungal caverns, for instance. That's a solid spot to hide it and JUST dangerous enough to not make it always attainable and it's utility is just low enough that it might not be worth bothering to go find.
More Love: Remove the detriment to your own minions. Also, I'm not clear on how "Relation" works, but maybe some enemies should become neutral to you when you have this.
More Hatred: This perk is probably fine as is, but it's still a perk I only grab when the other two perks are detrimental. Imagine if two enemies of the same faction would occasionally fight each other as well. Maybe only when in your line of sight. Maybe the player can influence that in some way? Invisibility is already a strong perk, but I could imagine fun gameplay from getting these two perks and tricking enemies into fighting each other without ever breaking invisibility.
Kills to Mana: Why does it create a liquid? Just give a little bit of the buff so it isn't interfering with stainless armor or invisibility.
Stronger Hearts: I've done a lot of complaining about perks that are worthless early. But this is more worthless the later you are into a run. Just make it retroactive as well.
Living on the Edge: I just wish it scaled a little rather than having zero affect until you were at 25% HP. Maybe 2x a 50% and 1.5x at 75% would make it an exciting perk to find.
Eat Your Vegetables: If I had the option of grabbing this for free, I wouldn't take it. This perk does NOT need a detriment on it. Just remove it and this perk becomes a neat gameplay change. But also, change the porridge to some sort of vegetable. Is this a translation or a culture thing?
Glass Cannon: It's cool and fine. But it's really a game changer. It feels more like it should be a setting when starting a new game rather than it popping up in the perk pool when you just don't feel like that kind of game. Maybe it should be placed somewhere in the world you can go get whenever you want this kind of experience instead?

Exploding Gold: Does this destroy the gold? I haven't seen it since the change. I really really hope not.

The list was longer than I expected even. I know some of these just might be problems that I, as a player, am failing to overcome when maybe I should. No doubt there are people who think some of these perks are great for one reason or another. But after a hundred hours of play, this is how I came to see the value of these perks. I imagine a lot of other players feel the same way when they see them.

edit: A reread of your post showed that you were willing to address the reason why perks are the way they are. Please please please don't feel compelled to do so at this wall of complaints. I just hope it informs you what an average player might think as they play.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 6, 2021

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

This sounds like players who are trying to set up incredibly specific circumstances, and then getting frustrated when the RNG doesn't do what they want. Is that an accurate assessment? I mean, you use the word "need" a few times, but no perk is actually required for anything so far as I'm aware.

They are for endgame situations, and yes, you really do need them. Stainless armor stacks and reduces damage by 50% each time you pick it, and you need a loooot of them to nerf the 10000+ damage you take from the sun in that quest.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Zesty posted:

Teleportitis Dodge: Same? I actually haven't seen this one. Based on Teleportitis, I'd be VERY hesitant to take this for the first time unless it was the first perk I came across and I'm okay with throwing away the run to experiment.

Oh man, you're missing out. This perk only has a very short teleportation range and is actually godlike

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Fair!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I would like to add:

Any perk that summons minions: Minions cannot be trusted and WILL betray you

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Besides lackluster perks, my big gripe would be the game caring at all when I use mods.

Just let me earn achievements, make progress on the progress screen, and have it save my scores properly. Stick an asterisk on them or something. I'm not using them to brag to other people about my sweet sweet competitive Noita skills. It's a single-player game. I'm using them to track my personal experience for my own enjoyment.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Hempuli posted:

Since the game is a roguelike and its supposed to lead to interesting situations or niche strategies or even just like loving around for a half an hour and blowing up I'm ok with some of the perks being niche or powerful under specific circumstances, when I get a good one I get excited! For example, I grabbed angry ghost yesterday (for the first time in forever) I was delighted to see him copying the one black hole I fired dozens of times, and totally opening up the fungal caverns for me, cool and emergent, I'll be excited to grab that ghost again. (If I really want to see end game content, personally I'll look for seeds that give me some kind of early advantage and go on my merry way, but I haven't felt the need yet.)

What I would suggest is as others have mentioned, unpinning some of the perk functionalities from the perks themselves or making more ways to get them. For example, if there was a chance for a wand tinkering altar, or a magicians workshop or something that had a chance to spawn in the biomes that would alleviate the pressure of edit wands everywhere being an essential perk. Give them rules, or make reactivating them cost a resource or something? I'd pour a bunch of silver on something to fix it or whatever.

Really like the game put over a hundred hours into it and I've beaten it twice. I'll work my way up to an effort run eventually!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's a widget you can carry around that gives you edit everywhere.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Teleportitis would be fine IMO if it just didn't trigger on damage-over-time. The gamble of teleporting out of danger when you get hit into a new situation that may or may not be safer can be nice but it's just completely crippling whenever you touch a pixel of fire or toxic goop. I'm not sure if there's still a small chance of instadeath by teleporting into a pool of lava or similar but it would have to be changed to avoid that too.
Teleportitis Dodge is actually great because a.) it triggers from nearby enemy projectiles, so no fire shenanigans, and b.) it only goes about 1/4th of your screen width so it'll never put you in a worse situation. It puts a circular "shield" around you, and if a projectile touches the shield you teleport a short distance out of the way. Then it takes some time to recharge.
More Love actually does make some enemies neutral to you but you need to stack multiple copies of it to affect most. Different enemies have a different value for their invisible "aggression" stat that you'll need to overcome. It is a super opaque perk though since players have no real way to peek into the game's internal aggression/relation systems.
Wand Experimenter is nothing like No Wand Tinkering. You get hp the first ~8 times you zap an unmodified wand and then once the hp runs dry you can still tinker with it with no consequences afterwards.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

resistentialism posted:

There's a widget you can carry around that gives you edit everywhere.

lol I was not aware of that.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

They are for endgame situations, and yes, you really do need them. Stainless armor stacks and reduces damage by 50% each time you pick it, and you need a loooot of them to nerf the 10000+ damage you take from the sun in that quest.

I guess the question then is, should every run be capable of doing everything? I mean, I get that it's super frustrating if you start a run with the explicit goal of accomplishing some difficult endgame task, and then the RNG says no. But if the flipside is throwing out a bunch of perks that, while useless to you, can be helpful/fun/interesting for players with less experience, that's not a clear-cut decision to make. Nuclear Throne has a similar issue where when you're going for score you needed to have Saving Grace, Scarier Face, Laser Brain, etc. etc. etc. (something like 8 out of your 10 perks had to be pre-allocated and you had to hope the RNG would line up) because the potential score for a less-well-equipped character was so much lower. But that didn't mean that the perks that the top-tier players derided had no place in the game. In Noita's case...maybe it's more that the wide perk pool provides more opportunities for players to die in really weird ways, which is certainly part of the Noita experience.

Having said that, I will agree that most of the perks you listed are not very powerful, and I don't see why achievements should be locked out if you use mods.

I will call out No More Knockback, Extra Health, Toxic Immunity, and Peace With Gods as being helpful to many players as they learn the game though. Though toxic immunity really ought to work on toxic rock, and having it work on poison makes a certain amount of sense.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh! I've played 8 hours of the Epilogue update and have NEVER seen Tinker With Wands anywhere. This is what I mean by oversaturated.

I reset the progress for the Epilogue Update. So this is everything I've picked in 8 hours of play. Some of them I was grabbing because I had already given up on the run and I just wanted to record perks in the progress log that I knew I wouldn't want on a serious run.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 6, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Just use the cheat mod to give yourself EditTinker With why the hell did they bother changing the wording? Wands Everywhere and two shots of Extra Perk at the beginning of every game, you will have more fun.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Eric the Mauve posted:

Just use the cheat mod to give yourself EditTinker With why the hell did they bother changing the wording? Wands Everywhere and two shots of Extra Perk at the beginning of every game, you will have more fun.

Zesty posted:

Besides lackluster perks, my big gripe would be the game caring at all when I use mods.

Just let me earn achievements, make progress on the progress screen, and have it save my scores properly. Stick an asterisk on them or something. I'm not using them to brag to other people about my sweet sweet competitive Noita skills. It's a single-player game. I'm using them to track my personal experience for my own enjoyment.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The progress screen definitely still saves progress with mods enabled.
I have the ones for random starting robe color and a levitation bar floating next to the player character and I still get new stuff in there.
I've never paid attention to scores though so no clue on that front.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hm. It was loving with my progress around 1.0 and then I stopped playing for a few months. Maybe it changed or maybe it always worked that way. Score screen and achievements definitely didn't track though.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

If we're suggesting things, I think energy sphere with timer costing 50 mana is bananas. It should probably only cost 20 as much as w/o timer.

I do think there is kind of a problem with the supremacy of spark bolt w/ trigger, but energy sphere w/ timer is an outlier of terribleness in any case.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Wand Experimenter is nothing like No Wand Tinkering. You get hp the first ~8 times you zap an unmodified wand and then once the hp runs dry you can still tinker with it with no consequences afterwards.

Given that I'm not very good at this game and just playing for simple wins, Wand Experimenter is a perk I love to see; it feels like a win-enabler. If I have teleport or (return+trigger/telecast) then Edit Wands Everywhere drops way down in value for me. If I had a black hole or a lumi drill I think I might take Peace With the Gods over Edit Wands Everywhere in anticipation of managing the heart / spell recharge or if I'm scared of Steve.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zesty posted:

Hm. It was loving with my progress around 1.0 and then I stopped playing for a few months. Maybe it changed or maybe it always worked that way. Score screen and achievements definitely didn't track though.

Steam achievements and some of the hidden content/triggers disable themselves if you have ever used mods in the current run. There's a hidden message you can get to pop if you deal 1,000,000 damage in a single hit, and it won't trigger if the current run has ever had mods enabled.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

gas fire and toxic immunity are both good, actually. being able to be hurt by less things is always good, even if those things aren't especially likely to kill you.

not as good as the other immunities, mind you, but i'll still take them over, like, more love.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm thinking that perhaps it would be beneficial to have like two perk pools, with a higher probability drawing from the 'end game friendly' perks?

I honestly haven't played in a few month after Noita took over my brain for a short period of time but I already commented in the past how the game became 'more scummy' for me when it went from beta to 1.0 release due to the changes in the perk pool, it's just that really if you want a very long run there are some specific perks that are either a necessity or will just make the process of power accumulation much faster (perk lottery + extra perks yes please) that if you don't get a subset of them in the first 2-3 holy mountains you can keep ploughing through but you may have better luck just killing Noita and quick diving to the first holy mountain to see if you get one of the perks you're looking for. It's not a great 'meta', in that sense I think it's better to give players what they want, even if it's a little 'hand holdy'.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SpanishAggravatingBasenji-mobile.mp4

loving ouch.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Not bad, but the fact that you didn't die from it leaves me feeling dissatisfied.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Perk Review
Angry Ghost: It's a terrible perk to take on a serious run because it has bad reactions with other perks and frequently makes spells that are absolutely unhelpful to your longterm survival plans but it was quite hilarious when it started shooting purple propane tanks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Tinker with wands anywhere on the first holy mountain. Game time. Can't gently caress this run up on something stupid.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh hey, you're new. You friendly?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConsiderateMaleBull-mobile.mp4

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
"are you friendly" is probably the least likely question I ever have for anything new I encounter in noita

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Zesty posted:

This where I'm at.

Noita is fun but difficult. Without mods, casual play just gets me the first few levels. But I dislike disabled tracking so I just play the first few levels over and over.

Which I enjoy so I'll keep doing it but still.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

just blew myself up on a vine in a holy mountain. so hows everyone elses day been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

cuntman.net posted:

just blew myself up on a vine in a holy mountain. so hows everyone elses day been

Just blew myself up with random Always Cast.

Didn't recognize the icon.

Did a test fire.

Summon Propane Tank, haha.