Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Simone Magus posted:

These games are making me thirsty!

I was recently introduced to the scene from CSI where Jason Alexander plays a mastermind villain and the top comment on youtube was "these murders are making me thirsty" and I just about died of laughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

All that said, one of my most cherished gamer memories is watching the Half Life 2 presentation inside a sweaty 10x12 theater presented live by an even sweatier Gabe Newell. Good poo poo from a golden age.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

I was recently introduced to the scene from CSI where Jason Alexander plays a mastermind villain and the top comment on youtube was "these murders are making me thirsty" and I just about died of laughter

we’re living in a society

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

mutata posted:

All that said, one of my most cherished gamer memories is watching the Half Life 2 presentation inside a sweaty 10x12 theater presented live by an even sweatier Gabe Newell. Good poo poo from a golden age.

I remember starting the download of that presentation before I went to school, since it was almost 1 GB or something. Got back and thankfully the download had completed without errors. Watched it over and over.

It is still the most impressed I have ever been of any tech demo , except for when I first saw that PS1 dinosaur on the demo disc.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I was at e3 2005 where they were celebrating pacmans 25th birthday and I got a slice of chocolate pacman cake, it was awesome.

Also I got to see a ps3 being demo'ed a year out, but c'mon, pacman cake!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I see that Gnosia has extremely accurately captured the feeling of Mafia, where you don't really say anything and then immediately get dogpiled by half a dozen people right at the start and voted off in the first round

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh Gnosia was that anime among us visual novel looking thing they announced in one of the nintendo directs

is it good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

we’re living in a society

are we though???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh Gnosia was that anime among us visual novel looking thing they announced in one of the nintendo directs

is it good

it's mafia vs AIs, executed competently

neat art and I'm somewhat interested in the metanarrative as well, but mafia is always a bit of a frustrating game, and this one takes the approach where you have your first vote before there's really any info to act on

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hello everyone, this owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3KaxTlbuM

Edit: this is me in endgame Outriders

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 6, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/nilyninspace/status/1376797323091660802?s=21

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how do they get so many bullets in their guns

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hwurmp posted:

I think the bullets are in those little boxes they slide into the bottom of the gun.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the men shoot like a hundred bullets and reload exactly once each, those little boxes should be like four feet long

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Maybe they were using really small bullets.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIlogViPes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ChuChu Rocket Universe is good and its infuriating its only on Apple Arcade

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

That was criminal minds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

the men shoot like a hundred bullets and reload exactly once each, those little boxes should be like four feet long

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I stand corrected

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's a Destiny Titan ability. Some of the guns posted earlier are Destiny gun knockoffs too

Stealing from the best lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Starting Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. This is one of the reasons I wanted the console. It's my first Persona game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Walla posted:

Starting Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. This is one of the reasons I wanted the console. It's my first Persona game.

Take your time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Feeling a whole thing now I really want to play Persona 3 when my options for doing so have dwindled to almost nothing

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Feeling a whole thing now I really want to play Persona 3 when my options for doing so have dwindled to almost nothing

I actually have Persona 3 Portable but I've never played it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
check out this cool dragon you can only fight in a defunct Asia-only Monster Hunter mobile game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do you have a decently strong pc. Either fes or portable shouldn't be that hard to emulate. I think they finally sorted out the shadow issues on the ps2 megatron games too

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's a PS2 game isn't it? My Surface Pro 4 can emulate that.

In P4G should I be worried that foster dad is a cop? He seems nice so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How do you deal with an abuser that might be schizophrenic? And this is family, so I can't just dump them.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I really liked the scene in 13 Sentinels where Amiguchi and Ogata try to open up to each other about the weird plot poo poo they’re going through, but they each think the other is taking the piss. Just two mates who are on entirely unconnected ends of an elaborate story.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got my new PC today and i have put it all together but my new headphones have been a bit finicky and my new monitor doesn't have speakers in it so i will have to like, plug my headphones into the switch directly i guess to play :(

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I have one again gone trawling in the Steam Forum depths and emerge with this gem

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1351630/discussions/0/2993171056502367094/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

haha yeah, who would actively want to go out of their way to watch adver-

https://twitter.com/shishirobotan/status/1376183656952209411
the luna one where she struggled to play flight simulator, which apparently doesnt have a japanese localization, was a much funnier stream. botan sure loves gear of war though

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

homeless snail posted:

the luna one where she struggled to play flight simulator, which apparently doesnt have a japanese localization, was a much funnier stream. botan sure loves gear of war though

I was trying to imagine what a Luna-sponsored stream would be like and basically the only image in my head was racing games where she's making car noises with her tongue going "pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt"

she rules, Ive played like 20 hours of Hammer in MH because I watched her use it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you want to see real brand engagement though, check this poo poo out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbtmfYz_LAY

nissin curry meshi week was wild

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

cheetah7071 posted:

it's mafia vs AIs, executed competently

neat art and I'm somewhat interested in the metanarrative as well, but mafia is always a bit of a frustrating game, and this one takes the approach where you have your first vote before there's really any info to act on

There is also metaprogression where you level up things like your ability to detect lies and how easily you can sway the other players. You also unlock various skills, like asking everyone to declare that they’re human, then see who’s not answering or flat out lying.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish the game made it clearer how much your stats were helping or hurting you though. Like even a little thing on the end screen saying "if you had had 5 more stealth, you wouldn't have died here" or "you missed 3 lies this round because of your low intuition"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you can read the log at the end and see when you fail stat checks, but they mostly aren't that binary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

you can read the log at the end and see when you fail stat checks, but they mostly aren't that binary

oh I had no idea