Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

zegermans posted:

pro-brexit expats permanently vacationing in Spain getting deported

"Spain will come to regret kicking us out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

sat on my keys! posted:

Bill de Blasio thinking the same thing.

*gestures vaguely at Elizabeth Warren's entire political career and demise*

lmao

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Someone paid money for this :aochloe:

It's a good smiley Tommy :colbert:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
The Gitmo reopening ceremony

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
"Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Echo Chamber posted:

Can I get the full size version of that image?

nah see it's too much ownage to behold in its full form. she made a face, how the gently caress does anyone think she's gonna recover from that

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

nah see it's too much ownage to behold in its full form. she made a face, how the gently caress does anyone think she's gonna recover from that

:aochloe:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

"Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government."

The magic "waste fraud and abuse" paintbrush used for the entirety of the Obama administration to pretend like cuts weren't cuts

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol what the

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

you do realize she made that face a while ago right.

the problem is not the face itself

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I thought it was a FaceApp smile filter.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that conservative bbc interviewer bodying ben shapiro and lil benny was unable to do anything but fume and call that tory poo poo a lib

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

hope she sees this, king

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
Jussie Smollett

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Crayfish posted:

Jussie Smollett

I still have no clue what happened. I think that's by design.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I still have no clue what happened. I think that's by design.

Same. I'm sticking to my initial instincts of "gently caress CPD and assume they are always lying"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that conservative bbc interviewer bodying ben shapiro and lil benny was unable to do anything but fume and call that tory poo poo a lib

This was funny but a meteor hitting the interview would have been funnier

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Same. I'm sticking to my initial instincts of "gently caress CPD and assume they are always lying"

If nothing else we can say that we will never definitively know the truth of what happened and that's 100% because the CPD are lying sacks of poo poo that don't actually remember how to investigate something without being shady about it. They could investigate a dead body with the killer standing right next to it with the murder weapon confessing loudly to everyone within earshot and they'd still find a way to be corrupt about solving it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico,_Inc.

quote:

The court described the relevant portion of the televised commercial as follows:

The scene then shifts to three young boys sitting in front of a high school building. The boy in the middle is intent on his Pepsi Stuff Catalog, while the boys on either side are each drinking Pepsi. The three boys gaze in awe at an object rushing overhead, as the military march builds to a crescendo. The Harrier Jet is not yet visible, but the observer senses the presence of a mighty plane as the extreme winds generated by its flight create a paper maelstrom in a classroom devoted to an otherwise dull physics lesson. Finally, the Harrier Jet swings into view and lands by the side of the school building, next to a bicycle rack. Several students run for cover, and the velocity of the wind strips one hapless faculty member down to his underwear. While the faculty member is being deprived of his dignity, the voiceover announces: "Now the more Pepsi you drink, the more great stuff you're gonna get." The teenager opens the cockpit of the fighter and can be seen, helmetless, holding a Pepsi. "[L]ooking very pleased with himself," (Pl. Mem. at 3,) the teenager exclaims, "Sure beats the bus," and chortles. The military drumroll sounds a final time, as the following words appear: "HARRIER FIGHTER 7,000,000 PEPSI POINTS." A few seconds later, the following appears in more stylized script: "Drink Pepsi—Get Stuff." With that message, the music and the commercial end with a triumphant flourish.

The plaintiff did not collect 7,000,000 Pepsi Points through the purchase of Pepsi products, but instead sent a certified check for $700,008.50 as permitted by the contest rules. Leonard had 15 existing points, paid $0.10 a point for the remaining 6,999,985 points, and a $10 shipping and handling fee.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what a fuckin dork

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

People get upset about the level of military aid the US is giving extremist groups in the Middle East, but no one ever stops and considers the fact that they earned those Pepsi Points fair and square.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

for a bit pepsi had one of the largest navies in the world because the USSR traded them some subs and ships for their sugar water. pepsi had em scrapped somewhere in scandinavia iirc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

the USSR traded them some subs and ships for their sugar water

why would either side want this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

indigi posted:

why would either side want this

I don’t understand the question

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I had to look it up. Apparently at an American product expo, then VP Nixon got into a verbal spat with Khrushchev and a pepsi rep did a jenner-to-a-cop move of handing Khrushchev a pepsi. he loved it and the ussr struck a deal. when that deal expired in 1980, pepsico and the motherland were going to make a vodka for cola swap, but apparently there wasn't enough hooch in russia :psyduck: to make the deal equitable, so pepsi took the difference in scrap metal that were floating ships including 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pepsi-briefly-became-the-6th-largest-military-in-the-world-2018-7

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

walter mondale's existence

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Low Desert Punk posted:

walter mondale's existence

more like

falter mondale

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol

anyway here you go forums poster echo chamber

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

the DNC thinking Geraldine Ferraro was a good running mate

losing a senate race at 74 years old to Norm Coleman

"Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did."

everything about Walter Mondale is funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

anyway here you go forums poster echo chamber

oh it's not even a real picture? that takes some of the shine off it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

zegermans posted:

pro-brexit expats permanently vacationing in Spain getting deported

still lollin at these idiots

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the juicero

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

People get upset about the level of military aid the US is giving extremist groups in the Middle East, but no one ever stops and considers the fact that they earned those Pepsi Points fair and square.

Reminder that PepsiCo was at one point the 6th largest navy in the world.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

that pepsi commercial

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Pepsi lit Michael Jackson on fire

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Eat This Glob posted:

I had to look it up. Apparently at an American product expo, then VP Nixon got into a verbal spat with Khrushchev and a pepsi rep did a jenner-to-a-cop move of handing Khrushchev a pepsi. he loved it and the ussr struck a deal. when that deal expired in 1980, pepsico and the motherland were going to make a vodka for cola swap, but apparently there wasn't enough hooch in russia :psyduck: to make the deal equitable, so pepsi took the difference in scrap metal that were floating ships including 17 submarines, a cruiser, a frigate, and a destroyer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-pepsi-briefly-became-the-6th-largest-military-in-the-world-2018-7

New Zealand turned down a similar deal to pay for an overdue account for milk powder

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego posted:

The Gitmo reopening ceremony

Oh wait, my bad. Gitmo never getting closed, that's what I meant

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Low Desert Punk posted:

the DNC thinking Geraldine Ferraro was a good running mate

losing a senate race at 74 years old to Norm Coleman

"Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won't tell you. I just did."

everything about Walter Mondale is funny

Dianne Feinstein's infamous confederate flag incident was an attempt to be his running mate

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/spindlypete/status/1379158113907957760?s=21

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
trotskyism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That’s the one where the relatives who took him in were chuds who brought the baby back to the hospital in order to get in the photo op with Trump, right?