Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Slimy Hog posted:

How hard will it be to get tickets to this? I've never been to one and would love to take my kid if at all possible

Really depends on where the capacity percentage allowed vis a vis COVID is at for Coors when they put the tickets on sale. I'd assume they're very rare indeed and would recommend keeping an eye out for when they go on sale and trying to order them in the first hour or so, just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Slimy Hog posted:

How hard will it be to get tickets to this? I've never been to one and would love to take my kid if at all possible

by then, i think the best strategy would be to wait for the colorado rockies to sell off enough of their players that you can make the 26 man roster.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

When the ASG was in San Diego in 2016 (somewhat similarly attractive location, maybe moreso) the cheapest tickets on stubhub were something like $300 I think. I'd expect something in that range, if capacity is close to full.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

You can just buy tickets to the Dong Show rather than the actual game, right?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If you win the fan lottery and get the chance to buy tickets at face value no, you are forced to buy a ticket for all the events including the derby and future's game. If you buy second hand then sure.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most important question is are they having the celebrity softball game this year and what can we do to get MLB to cut a blank check to get Jokic in.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

by then, i think the best strategy would be to wait for the colorado rockies to sell off enough of their players that you can make the 26 man roster.

I just bought a new glove so I think I'm ready for the show

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Max "MAD 'Sane and Reasonable' MAX" Scherzer

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

good stuff

https://twitter.com/Jack_A_Harris/status/1379287005738139649

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

right by a KNOW THE SIGNS sign

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Just upset we had to wait a year for all this, keep doing the lords work fans

https://twitter.com/bbletter/status/1379290670586851329

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

get their rear end

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

dude taking a pic is in a Jackie Robinson jersey

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bawfuls posted:

dude taking a pic is in a Jackie Robinson jersey

Wait a second... that jersey comes right off... that guy is a big PHONEY

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

it continues

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1379296335132684289

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Proud of these Dodgers Angels fans out there tonight

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

spoiler alert, it was thrown by a Dodgers fan https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1379288930126753795

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

he was gonna do it earlier but he just got to the game

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Hahah I knew it. Angels fans just don't have that kind of fire in them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Two things

1) I like how the one guy went through the planning, effort, and cost of getting an inflatable trash can, inflating it during the game, and throwing it away and the other guys just said "lets throw an actual trash can on the field."

2) Some dude is about to just become an Astros groupie selling inflatable trash cans he bought cheap in bulk from some very confused novelty store.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Astros come to Dodger Stadium this August 3rd and 4th. How many trash cans will make it on the field in those two games?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The precedent is 3 in a game, making the line standard line 9 in a series. May 4 - 6th the Bronx expected to go over.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kirios posted:

he was gonna do it earlier but he just got to the game

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Popete posted:

This is my Home Depot but I don't eat hot dogs. I do appreciate stores having random snack shops though.

K-Mart and Little Caesars.

I miss my dirty hot dog place near Clark and Foster. It sells weed now. Gentrification!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Still not over that Ohtani game. I need to see him play in person at least once, I'll never forgive myself otherwise.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Any time the Astros get garbage cans thrown at them and lose is a good time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Degrom is one the best RH pitchers I’ve ever seen

He’s as good as peak Clemens

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/1379434049349902343?s=19

:stare:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Oh ... kay?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL that is so bad

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Please insist the Red Sox wear those in games.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Luigi Thirty posted:

I miss my dirty hot dog place near Clark and Foster. It sells weed now. Gentrification!

I keep meaning to get up to that place.

But the spouse keeps getting gummies from her coworker so it's not like there's a need or anything.

Also there's a Devil Dawgs at the Belmont stop. Getchoo a hot dog slathered in nacho cheese with shredded cheddar and walk up to Wrigley from there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

piss shirt is real

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Casnorf posted:

Please insist the Red Sox wear those in games.

They are, on Patriot's Day, which coincides with the marathon that has an identical color scheme.

My initial knee jerk was "thanks, I hate it" because I'm not even really a fan of the team's red and blue alternates, but the link to the marathon at least gives it a local flair?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Its not particularly good, but I am excited for more weird bold colored jerseys. Hopefully some of the remaining ones this year are sweet or ridiculous so I can grab a cap haha.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The point of alternate jerseys is to inspire controversy in your fanbase and drive an irreconcilable wedge between the warring camps. Like the Twins' light blue jersey.

This is just garbage.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
haha now Im internalizing the marathon day matching colors and the awesome patches on the sleeve and Im 1000% on board. Very excited for the rest of them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I despise Nike so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
there's a lot wrong there but honestly the worst thing might be matching all the bold stuff with the blandest pants possible

Only registered members can see post attachments!