Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

I was thinking about potential challengers for both Raquel and Kross should they both win and it occurred to me that there's like 3 times as many heels in NXT as faces.

Kyle O'Reilly for Kross I guess.

But there is no one for Raquel, unless they hotshot someone like Sarray or Frankie right to the title scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Io is definitely getting thrown into a tag team with asuka the second she gets to the main roster.

I hear what you're saying, but considering their friendship and tagging since at least 2010 that's not a thrown together thing.

DarkstarIV posted:

Kyle O'Reilly for Kross I guess.

But there is no one for Raquel, unless they hotshot someone like Sarray or Frankie right to the title scene.

Ember and Shotzi are busy as tag champs, but there's Gigi, there's Kacy....
Boy does Raquel have to turn, that's so many heels. And it needs to be Xia Li challenging soon or that whole plot will fizzle and die.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I hear what you're saying, but considering their friendship and tagging since at least 2010 that's not a thrown together thing.

Boy does Raquel have to turn, that's so many heels.
Has she done literally anything since the Dusty Cup?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Was part of a jobber tag team fed to Candice and Indi this last week on NXT.

Wazzu posted:

Boy does Raquel have to turn, that's so many heels. And it needs to be Xia Li challenging soon or that whole plot will fizzle and die.

Kacy and Kayden have negative levels of credibility at this point. They got squashed by Xia Li.

There really is no one for Raquel to feud with if she wins the title. And I don't see her turning considering she did massive heel stuff just as recently as two weeks ago. Which is why if Raquel wins the title and Io happens to stick around in NXT for a bit, I have a feeling Raquel is gonna be overshadowed just because there is no one interesting she can feud with, and it'll drag her matches down. It's utterly amazing that NXT has put zero effort into building up credible babyfaces for a hypothetical Raquel win, which is why I can see Io retaining.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 6, 2021

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's kinda funny. Even Io and Finn were heels before just kind of becoming faces at some point. I guess when the Full Sail audience cheers and chants for everyone though it doesn't really matter.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

It's kinda funny. Even Io and Finn were heels before just kind of becoming faces at some point. I guess when the Full Sail audience cheers and chants for everyone though it doesn't really matter.

I would argue Io turned face as soon as she returned last year around this time and won the ladder match. Rhea showing up only further boosted Io's momentum, especially since they portrayed Rhea as a whiny crybaby.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Put the strap on the 1000 year old vaping demon

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I haven't watched NXT in years, does Finn ever do the Demon these days

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

mooseinfants posted:

That's WWE, almost no face turns. Honestly shocked that Kyle O'Reilly talked about becoming a better person and trying to win honestly and been a changed man.

Pylons posted:

Have a series of good matches against Thunder Rosa in other companies air? But yeah the only credible face would be for Sarray to come in and be dominant, which would be awful IMO (they've done the thing where a person debuts and instantly becomes more important than everyone who was there before too often).

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Venomous posted:

I haven't watched NXT in years, does Finn ever do the Demon these days

the last time was summerslam idk 18 or 19

bringing it out against kross seems like a non-zero chance ?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If Demon Finn's first lost is to Kross of all people just lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

demon lost a cage match 100 years ago :grin:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

mooseinfants posted:

There are no babyfaces in modern WWE. Heels just kinda eventually meet an even meaner heel and become a face by default. I will never forget when Kross vacated the title and Triple H had to run Gargano vs Balor vs Ciampa vs Cole for the title. Balor was the closest thing to a face there. 4 heels in the main event for the title. Just complete inability to book top faces. And it's funny because this policy actually started a pretty long ways back, it's just finally caught up as a bad thing for the brand now that it's affected the other divisions as well.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It feels like Io has been champion forever and the last couple of reigns with Asuka and Shayna as champ has meant that at least the NXT women's champion have had lengthy reigns but with no credible challengers in view near the end of their runs. Maybe Io will just drop the title when it's time to go to Raw or Smackdown. There's nothing left for her to do in NXT.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I know the answer as to why, but it's mind blowing to me that WWE has so many champions with no credible challengers.

Wazzu posted:

They memory hole entire people's careers just because they worked someplace other than WWE though...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Astro7x posted:

They memory hole entire people's careers just because they worked someplace other than WWE though...

Sometimes there are some glorious relics though, like a certain, leering and fetishistic video of a certain someone's bum.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Think the last time he did the demon was at a Saudi show in 2019 against Andrade (for the IC belt maybe?)

I’m glad he doesn’t do it any more with his heel gimmick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How long after Io gets called up does she get to be elevated to jobbing to Charlotte

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Demon is stale.

He should become

THE BIG DEMON and come out on stilts 15 feet high.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm still waiting for the Fiend to notice that the Demon has been sleeping and attempt to take over Finn, who is clearly easy to possess.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Seams posted:

Put the strap on the 1000 year old vaping demon

Paul Wight is in AEW now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Power Windows posted:

Paul Wight is in AEW now.

lol

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just in case you thought WWE couldn't gently caress up Takeover anymore, they managed to do it...Poppy was announced to perform, but on Night 2 instead of Night 1. :thunk:

Also there will be a "global press conference" in 15 minutes with a bunch of the Takeover talents.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-takeover-stand-and-deliver-global-press-conference

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Just in case you thought WWE couldn't gently caress up Takeover anymore, they managed to do it...Poppy was announced to perform, but on Night 2 instead of Night 1. :thunk:

So?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Poppy is associated with Io Shirai, whose match is on Night 1.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Io is strongly associated with Poppy in NXT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTPYC3KzXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27izmXXu-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTpBkU56Ijs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh right

that is very stupid then

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i thought poppy was just strongly associated with being store brand grimes

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I like Poppy. She's the Limp Bizkit of NXT.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gonna laugh when Poppy is in the WWE HoF before Lemmy

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i mean, they could just be blatantly hinting at a second io shirai match on night 2

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NXT TakeOver: Wait and See

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They should put Poppy on Night 1 just so I can fast forward over it because Peacock still doesn’t have the ability to pause the loving show.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Poppy is kewl

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Poppy is a little sloppy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will watch the show if a puppy performs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The big dog is on Sunday

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The big dog is on Sunday

No, Dakota doesn't have a match this week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are the two events this week 2hours each? Or is it unknown at the moment?

e: oh dear lord Peacock has it listed as 3hr30 tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my cable guide is showing the standard 2h 5m