Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

:golfclap:

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

What if you do get a WhiteNight breach on a bad day 47+?

Generally, you either One Sin it and reset, or wait for the ending to show up and then start over from the title screen.

I try not to let it come to that, WhiteNight is a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DimiPZC posted:

Hokma + Binah.

Hokma + Binah.

:shepface:

Hokah?
Binma?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I wonder what Tiphereth will do. In the actual core suppression, Tiphereth just caused meltdowns in places that were immune (and that already went away) and Tiphereth was just completely shut down. I guess Tiphereth could make the day extra long like her suppresson was, but what will Tiphereth do?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

hobbesmaster posted:

Hokah?
Binma?

Hokma Bucket

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Angelopecia

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Hokah?
Binma?

Bokmah

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

♫ Bokmah halls with clocks and faeries
Fa la la la la, la la la la ♫

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Binah's gonna Hokma balls into the sun, with X still attached. :gonk:

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Real question is, will Day 50 be some sort of All Your Powers Combined BS with every single Sephirah meltdown happening at once, or something even worse?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
At this point I will be disappointed if all the game can come up with is chucking all of the dickbaggery we've seen so far in a blender and calling it a day. It's defied my worst expectations over and over again, and I have little doubt it'll find a way to do that again.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Day 50 is interesting and will defy expectations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Verant posted:

Real question is, will Day 50 be some sort of All Your Powers Combined BS with every single Sephirah meltdown happening at once, or something even worse?

If the intention is to turn the tree of death into the tree of life then I’d expect something backwards or flipped.

Maybe our good buddy one sin becomes an Aleph and white knight is a harmless zayin? :v:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

hobbesmaster posted:

If the intention is to turn the tree of death into the tree of life then I’d expect something backwards or flipped.

Maybe our good buddy one sin becomes an Aleph and white knight is a harmless zayin? :v:

So close, and yet so far.

Spoilerific hint: Nope

TeeQueue posted:

Spoiler Policy
No spoilers, even in spoiler tags.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 6, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Not clicking that (aren’t even marked spoilers against the rules) but I would actually expect something with the sephiroth as the anomalies aren’t really the focus of things it seems.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
From here on out, anyone posting spoilers gets a sixer. I've been lenient because I know y'all are excited, but this time I had to step away from making noodles and now it's personal

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
I mean, Day 50 is pretty obvious. We've fought every AI in the facility but one! :v:

Though it would be amusing if Angela didn't try to kill us in spite of being an AI in a video game. Maybe the Well as the final boss instead? Though how the mechanics would work in LobCorp I'm not sure. True random abno spawning like I'd hope for would probably be too difficult to code.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Those stories on the new monsters can be improved a bit.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I would like to read more hypotheses and rampant speculation on how this is going to end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

hobbesmaster posted:

You have to fight an entire second, upside-down facility with clones of all our agents.

You gain control of all the abnormalities and have to defeat all the agents.

The whole game gets mirrored, including all the text.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

SL the Pyro posted:

Spoilerific hint: Nope

poo poo. My bad, I missed that policy.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sindai posted:

You have to fight an entire second, upside-down facility with clones of all our agents.

Mizu is going to wreck all the cuties.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Sindai posted:

Lobotomy Corporation: Symphony of the Night.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
The "can't pass unless you answer the question based on a virtue or other concept you learned" kinda reminds me of the Abyss in Ultimate 4, where you had to answer questions about the game's religion/philosophy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MinutePirateBug posted:

I would like to read more hypotheses and rampant speculation on how this is going to end.

Well, let's see. Our pieces on the playing field so far:

• Nine-ten Sephirot, who've been screwed over by A but had their issues worked out (or were just kind of there in Binah's case, also the male Tipheret wasn't actually helped by the core suppression as far as I can tell) as part of A's script, so they're kind of doing better maybe? The first four were faced again today, and presumably the next two days will see the middle three and then the final two respectively.
  • Angela, an AI modeled after the deceased Carmen, who was mistreated and abandoned by A (and apparently supported by Benjamin, until he fled and A had her murder him and all that) before later being made into the one running the aforementioned script; how she fits into said script besides facilitating it is unclear, given that kinda-sorta righting his past wrongs is a big part of the script but Angela was possibly the most wronged and never got a similar moment.
  • Multiple "shards" of A, the first of which we've met seems to be wallowing in his past failings or something. Since the others also failed to finish the script, I assume that they too exemplify some sort of failing or flaw of A's, though whether they suck more or less than Abel is yet to be determined (they made it further, but on the other hand escalation for the grand finale seems like it'd lead to even nastier individuals for the next few days). Also A is the final Sephirah, despite Keter being unity in god while we have at least two or more of him running around right now, which was already hinted at in the LP to better match the Qlipha Thaumiel, duality in god/division of perfect unity.
  • Carmen, who is currently a Bucketbrainstem floating in the Well and oozing out the stuff all the Abnormalities are made with. What she's thinking, and how much she's even able to think in this state, is not presently clear.
  • The aforementioned Abnormalities, though given the random nature of the ones you get I don't think any specific ones are super likely to factor into the story. Maybe more as a general thing.
  • A bunch of agents, whose characterization is mostly an LP thing rather than part of the game itself.

Looking at all this, I think that, at the least, it's safe to say that there will be only one A left by the end, since that will finish moving us from the Qliphoth to the Sephirot and all that. Also, X proving to be the best A/surpassing the other A's/whatever.

Also, the endgame will probably involve Angela; she's been here with us since the beginning, but she never quite got a big moment like how the Sephirot did. Whether X finally does something for her, or there's a long-delayed reckoning (B's program did indicate that she was lying when she said that she would never betray the company/had no plans to hurt X, back on day 14), though, or both in the form of something like another core suppression, remains to be seen.

And past that... Hm. Just leaving Carmen floating in that vat feels wrong after so much time trying to kiiiinda make amends with everyone else and all, but maybe the fact that I feel that way is just a sign that I'm not as much of a shithead as A is.

Days 48 and 49 are definitely going to feature the Briah and Atziluth Sephirot, respectively, melting down again, and another new shard of A for each day, though. 50 is the mystery, but if something involving Angela happens it wouldn't really fit into 48 or 49 if the obvious assumption regarding what they are is correct, so Angela stuff would presumably be after them.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 6, 2021

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
My assumption is that 50 involves Carmen/Angela. Theoretically A should be "whole" by the time he goes through the trials of the Sephirah, and then the last thing to confront is his biggest sin, which I also assume involves Carmen. At some point she pretty much has to show up, right?

Edit: Though in this facility, day 50 should be Mizu forcing a day 1 reset so that she can keep playing with the cuties.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I guess 50 would be suppressing Angela in some way?

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Danaru posted:

From here on out, anyone posting spoilers gets a sixer. I've been lenient because I know y'all are excited, but this time I had to step away from making noodles and now it's personal

Oh shoot the gloves are off now boys and girls.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Hokma noodles

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 47: Supplemental

Facility X-394, Day 47, 1st Attempt

Music: Red Dots

Be overwhelmed by my despair… my rage.

In a minute, I've got Abnormalities to work with.

...how rude. :mad:

Hm… Well it doesn't seem particularly dangerous. Let's have the captain give things a go. She needs to do something at some point anyways.

...Huh. I don't feel like it likes me very much.

...The hell just happened? It lost its hair?

It's not the only one, boss. Maybe have someone else give it a try. From outside the department.

Right… Let's have Robin work it. She's in Records, she must have read something about this.

...Seems like I'm bald now, too.

It's not just you.

Huh?

All of Records is bald now.

Even the clerks! Just a shine and then, bam, bald!

Let me guess: Mysterious ball, half-black, with a symbol underneath. You just worked it twice?

Oh, good, you know about it.

Yeah. It's fine as long as you send bald agents to work with it. Just make sure not to send a third person with hair, or else things get bad.

...how bad?

:sigh: You already sent someone, didn't you.

...maybe a little?

Nameless one, what have you done?!

GAH! What's that light?!

Bald…

Bald..!

They're all bald!

Here too..!

And here..!

What the hell?! Is there hair left on anyone's head?!

My god… there's no one left. No one who isn't bald…

I've… let everyone down.

My hair is…

It's gone. All of our hair is gone.

I can't take it. I spent months figuring out just how to make it fluff the way I liked! I can't live like this!

You're going to have to. That suit makes you pretty much unkillable unless something just lops your head right off.

Lops it off… Attachment work! You're brilliant, Evil Kit!

...what?

Free….. dom……….

Oh, geez… Hey, Abel. Do you mind if we..?

I shall allow it on one condition: that we never speak of this again.

Sounds great to me. Hey, Talow?

I'm already over this stupid day. Just do your thing and I'll do mine.

Right. Got it. See everyone in twenty minutes ago.

Remember: Only work You're Bald… with bald Agents! Not doing so can be disastrous. This PSA brought to you by Hair Club for Agents.

With thanks to mizure for some extra spritework.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 10, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

Remember: Only work You're Bald… with bald agents! Not doing so can be disastrous. This PSA brought to you by Hair Club for Agents.

You're Bald understands how embarassing is to mess up such a simple requirement, so it fixes the problem, so nobody would question your managerial abilities. Later it ensures that you cannot mess up.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ending A

Now that we're through with day 47 let's cover its associated ending, called 'Ending A' by the game. I'll be going over each ending in turn as we beat the day associated with it.

Music: Tenebris Aeterna

This version is for if we fail during the cutscene. If we had triggered a game over on the workday, this line would be different:

Game Over posted:

One who does not cherish sacrifice does not deserve to move forward.

This is the only difference between the two versions of this ending.

I cannot open the door to someone who is not yet ready. You must stop here. Please turn back.

We shall meet here again, once you are finally prepared.

With that sendoff, we find ourselves in front of the door.

We back away from it.

Because we're not ready to open it yet.

The screen fades to black, and we hear the sound of footsteps and a door opening, then shutting.

Music: story 1

And with that, we're unceremoniously dropped off back at the title screen. Endings in Lobotomy Corporation are very forgiving, in that we haven't actually lost any progress.

See? We're right where we left off.

Anyways, that's Ending A-in which we return to the daily grind until we're ready to move on with the rest of the game. The other endings are much more 'ending' than this one, but we'll get to those in a bit.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 10, 2021

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Basically, "you may want to consider a Day 1 reset, now that you've beaten the tutorial."

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

My theory for end of game: your whole UI turns off as Angela disables the cognition-filter interface. Hope you have all the hotkeys memorized. Entire departments melt down in rapid succession, and every time you clear a department, fixers spawn in hallways, possible setting them off anew. Every ordeal is upgraded by one, so first one is actually Noon, and the final one is, I dunno, Pale Eclipse or something

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

mercenarynuker posted:

My theory for end of game: your whole UI turns off as Angela disables the cognition-filter interface.

You look at CENSORED and you just game over on the spot.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Also you immediately go mad.

Which would explain why TeeQueue is doing what they're doing, honestly.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Also you immediately go mad.

Which would explain why TeeQueue is doing what they're doing, honestly.

And bald.

Being a bit of a masochist with some games, the number of dick moves the game throws at you just made me more intent on getting better at it and learning to handle things, being very intrigued by the story helped too for pushing me on.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Man that was kind of a lame ending. Like just "You suck, try it again."

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Of course it's lame, you're flunking out of the test at literally the first question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Honestly it’s not really an “ending”.

Then again if Nier can call each path an “ending” I guess it counts.