Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Andrast posted:

Dodogama

look at that smiley boy

This is what I was gonna post, love that dopey round boy

In Rise I also think Volvidon is pretty cute, especially because you can knock him on his silly armadillo rear end and he just kinda rocks around looking goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm also hunting monsters.... of a sort

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1379357579952881664

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gaius Marius posted:

That was criminal minds

Ah, you're right. Too many dang cop procedurals on TV.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

This was in the back of a japanese comic book about vikings

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

wuggles posted:

small? these boys:

I am totally unfamiliar with the franchise but I just looked up Bombadgy and needless to say I am smitten by their roundness and farting

Second place goes to the cool pink bat (also round)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Does anyone know anything about Android .apk modification?

There's a homebrew version of Max Payne for the Vita that uses the Android data files. Some Russian modders went further and added in some features from the PC Anniversary Edition but everything is in Russian. I already know to rename and replace the original .msf file to fix the subtitled voice acting back to English. Butt which file(s) do I need to replace to put the menus and tooltips back to English? Or is that more involved than a simple find/replace of some data files?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

yesterday i was reading about the visual fx studio "angel studios," founded in 1984 by a colombian guy named diego angel. their most notable film work is the cgi sequences in the 1992 film "the lawnmower man," and shortly after that they pivoted to video games and started making cutscenes for sega cd and saturn games. they started developing their own games for the n64, starting with ken griffey jr.'s major league baseball and kg jr's slugfest, then the (hugely impressive) n64 port of resident evil 2, then they made midtown madness 1 & 2 for microsoft. after the success of midtown madness they were acquired by rockstar games to make midnight club & smuggler's run, but their most notable work in the modern gaming industry is as the lead studio for the red dead series. a wild ride for mr. angel's little computer graphics company

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lurdiak posted:

That's Doomgaze.

No it's a Gore Magala

But made to look like the tenth Angel from Evangelion

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

mkvltra posted:

Which Monster Hunter monster is cutest?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's Zeruel from Eva

check out this Tigrex

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I bet Persona 5 Royal is really good after Futaba joins but I wouldn’t know, can’t stop playing MonHun

mkvltra posted:

I am totally unfamiliar with the franchise but I just looked up Bombadgy and needless to say I am smitten by their roundness and farting

Second place goes to the cool pink bat (also round)

There is a subquest in Rise where you have to make one fart and then photograph it.

First, my fiancée didn’t believe me.

Next, when I said “I need to take a picture of cheesy tots today” yesterday, she thought I was talking about Monster Hunter

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wish i could hear that sound kirby games make when you get a 1up

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7qLSJzQFNo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
In "news I never saw coming" fun decade-old mod Neotokyo got a ... singleplayer update?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0XgLcI3HU

Its Ghost in the Shell: The FPS if you're into that kinda thing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

neotokyo was cool

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

One of those maps is a perfect recreation of the scene from the GITS movie where the Major and Batou fight the guy with the themoptic poncho on the water

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When did cyberpunk decide that “Neo _______” is better than “New _______”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

When did cyberpunk decide that “Neo _______” is better than “New _______”

When Akira came out :colbert:

New York was settled in 1624 that is the opposite of cyberpunk!

I like NeoTokyo though. Its much better than Evangelion's Tokyo-3.

Futurama's New New York works as a joke but its hard to take seriously.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

check out this Tigrex

Za beasto!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Neotokyo was a lot of fun, but I recall it having a pretty steep learning curve. It also looked really nice for a Half-Life 2 mod (to the point where it barely ran on my computer) and had a really good soundtrack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/1379463923301117953?s=20

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Well, thanks to Humble Monthly I guess I own Shenmue 3 now.

...too bad I don't own and have not played 1+2 :v: Gonna take a wild guess that I probably should not skip straight to 3.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Mix. posted:

...too bad I don't own and have not played 1+2 :v: Gonna take a wild guess that I probably should not skip straight to 3.

The Shenmue games are like primitive Yakuza games made by a man with no sense of humor, which occasionally make them unintentionally hilarious.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
And what's more, Shenmue 3 is the worst of them, disliked even by Shenmue fans.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Shenmue 3 is good. The end is really rushed and it's clear that it was made with less resources (ie money) than the other games, but it definitely is a Shenmue Game and that's what I wanted.

I definitely recommend playing 1 and 2 first though since they're both great games and replaying through them now is making me appreciate what was being done in 3 a lot more.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 6, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

And what's more, Shenmue 3 is the worst of them, disliked even by Shenmue fans.

It's a good textbook example of why you don't really want to back Kickstarters, and to just wait until the game is actually finished. The developer lied a whole bunch about what the game would be, and how it was going to be released.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He was also very explicit about how he had not paid attention to games in the last 20 years. Between Shenmue 3 and Balan, lotta Sega wunderkinds stuck in bubbles.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

It's a good textbook example of why you don't really want to back Kickstarters, and to just wait until the game is actually finished. The developer lied a whole bunch about what the game would be, and how it was going to be released.

Platinum is smart using Kickstarter for game ports. Much quicker turnaround and little chance of a disappointing final product. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more with small developers.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Frankly I'm just glad that Bloodstained turned out as well as it did.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My favourite piece of Shenmue lore is that the English voice cast was allegedly chosen based on their similarity to the characters in the game.

I actually enjoyed the first game, but my favourite part was exploring this incredibly detailed (for the time) Japanese town in the eighties. Lan Di and the Dragon mirror was just an excuse for some virtual tourism.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

People make fun of that burrito but I will say that outside of the meals I focus on every couple of days, 90% of my meals outside of that are one of: a microwave burrito, a bowl of cereal, a peanut butter and banana sandwich, or a clif bar, I encourage my posting comrades

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh wait I already checked off that box

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
peanut butter and banana is a pro sandwich

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

peanut butter and banana is a pro sandwich

better on toast

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mix. posted:

The story of shenmue is a guy killed your dad, and you want revenge. So you spend 400 hours playing a slice of life simulator involving forklift driving, fishing and gambling. You never get revenge.

That's literally all 3 games.

It was GTA in China before GTA, but now its basically unplayable.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think my hit rate of Kickstarters being good is well over 60%. The only ones I truly regretted were:

- Planetary Annihilation - Riding the wave of nostalgic Kickstarters despite never having played the game it was based on
- War for the Overworld - Didn't work
- Shroud of the Avatar - See both above
- Armikrog - Did it because I had fond memories of Skullmonkeys. I didn't know about Tenaple until it was too late, and it was unplayable shite

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My only Kickstarter regret was Yooka Laylee, Shovel Knight and Bloodstained turned out great and luckily I didn’t fall for Inafune’s trap

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mkvltra posted:

Which Monster Hunter monster is cutest?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmeLDWlW4g

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dang Gnosia is pretty fun/the art is sick and I like the crew a lot. I was feeling like it's a little random who the AI decides to dogpile in the votes sometime but then when you go back through the logs at the end it seems like they noticed a lie that my stats are too low to detect right now so it'll be interesting to see what the later loops are like (I'm on loop 11 or 12 I think)

But I was wondering, if you get the AC follower role is your win condition the same as a regular human or are you supposed to be helping the Gnosia win (I think the game tells you but I skipped it by mistake)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My Kickstarter success rate is 100%. One Step From Eden is good, the dev gave me two codes because I forgot to pick Switch when that version became available, and I got a cute plushie out of it