Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Welcome to newspaper comic strips. They get really loving weird because the authors are either as old as the audience of newspapers and their brains are decaying in real time or they don't give a poo poo about the olds and are just doing whatever they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Weedle posted:

well it is a newspaper comic. this one is particularly bewildering though because not only is it bad i have no clue what it thinks its audience is. how much overlap is there between people who read newspaper comics about housecats and people who will get drowning pool references

apparently it's audience is me because both those comics are cute

sorry yall don't like cats on the news

edit: if you want the real weird poo poo check out computoon. i don't think ive seen a single one that makes sense

Critical fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 6, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

Welcome to newspaper comic strips. They get really loving weird because the authors are either as old as the audience of newspapers and their brains are decaying in real time or they don't give a poo poo about the olds and are just doing whatever they want.

This is very disrespectful to Nancy

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1379306678663966723

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

man..how are they getting free vaccine shots when everything in my area has been unavailable/booked up.

Is it just florida?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
First name Dr., second name Luther.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aren’t all covid vaccines free or is there some special American one that people are having to pay for like everything else

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

This is lamest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

"This thought you obviously like is the worst thing I've ever seen"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Aren’t all covid vaccines free or is there some special American one that people are having to pay for like everything else

They're free but there's a limited supply of them right now.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You have to specify that they're free because otherwise Americans are going to assume they cost an arm and a leg since everything else in healthcare does.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 6, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's free but because supplies are limited, they are doling it out based on certain requirements first. First it was ages 70+, healthcare workers, essential services people, people with existing conditions, etc. until recently, it reached ages 30+ in my area. Logging into a vaccine finder at 5 am to try to find a site has proven fruitless or have vaccine sites that only are giving out second doses when I need my first.

Sorry to rant but yes the vaccines are free.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Pylons posted:

They're free but there's a limited supply of them right now.

depends on where you are. in oklahoma anyone over 16 can get vaccinated and the tribes and health departments are all like "please come get these vaccines before they expire. we have so many. please"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Weedle posted:

depends on where you are. in oklahoma anyone over 16 can get vaccinated and the tribes and health departments are all like "please come get these vaccines before they expire. we have so many. please"

Yeah, it depends a lot on the individual states. Washington is planning to open eligibility towards the middle of the month.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ok that makes more sense. We’re doing the same thing here (UK) so it’s old people and vulnerable first while the rest of us sit tight so the short supply is obvious, it just struck me as weird to feel the need to specify they were free.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I believe the gimmick was originally going to be Dr. Hannibal Luther but they decided that was silly and so he was just Dr. Luther. So Luther is his only name like a 2000s WWE Diva.

https://twitter.com/Lauderdale11/status/1379462221596667912

I like to imagine this is the same alley EVOLVE ran in.

He's been Dr.Luther since at least the early 2000's, he used to be the champ/top heel for an indy that Don Callis ran in Winnipeg/Thunder Bay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

man..how are they getting free vaccine shots when everything in my area has been unavailable/booked up.

Is it just florida?

Depends on the state's rollout and the demand.

There's some states where it's pretty easy to get appointments. WV was doing well early by spurning CVS and Walgreens, it seems like CT is doing well anecdotally speaking. Other states there is little demand, or areas where there's no demand so you can get appointments. Typically areas with heavy Trump votes have less vaccine demand, so there is excess supply. It might also be that rural areas are getting more supply than they would otherwise need to allow wealthier urban and suburban people to just drive out there while poor people without cars cannot.

Florida could be doing it well (doesn't seem like it since the rollout sounds very corrupt) might have low demand (more possible) or maybe it's such a mess that stuff like this happens because it's hard to get appointments but there's excess supply.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's been Dr.Luther since at least the early 2000's, he used to be the champ/top heel for an indy that Don Callis ran in Winnipeg/Thunder Bay

He has been Dr. Luther since FMW in 1993, but used a few other names depending on the promotion through 2000. He was the Atomic Punk, Lenny, etc. But he has been Luther reliably for 20 years.

But originally in FMW he was going to be Hannibal Luther but they ditched the Hannibal and gave that to someone else.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 6, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ok that makes more sense. We’re doing the same thing here (UK) so it’s old people and vulnerable first while the rest of us sit tight so the short supply is obvious, it just struck me as weird to feel the need to specify they were free.

What rules is when I got it they called me to say "you're at the front of the queue so when do you want it?" because if I had to book an appointment myself I'd just assume I'm far down the list.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/alexhpforqvc/status/1379469900733947904?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/eviluno/status/1379462890835566592?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/wrestlingfang/status/1379151307144056834?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope these tweets are getting all the real QVC heads hooked on AEW.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ok but what’s Penta’s take on Jack Evans’s wife’s lasagna

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lars Sullivan?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surprised Don hasn't brought him into the weird circle he's in. would never happen but Luther next to Omega in that stable would be funny

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

He has been Dr. Luther since FMW in 1993, but used a few other names depending on the promotion through 2000. He was the Atomic Punk, Lenny, etc. But he has been Luther reliably for 20 years.

But originally in FMW he was going to be Hannibal Luther but they ditched the Hannibal and gave that to someone else.

Another Canadian guy (Steve Gillespie, I think?) got the name Dr. Hannibal so he could team with Luther and take pins.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Depends on the state's rollout and the demand.

There's some states where it's pretty easy to get appointments. WV was doing well early by spurning CVS and Walgreens, it seems like CT is doing well anecdotally speaking. Other states there is little demand, or areas where there's no demand so you can get appointments. Typically areas with heavy Trump votes have less vaccine demand, so there is excess supply. It might also be that rural areas are getting more supply than they would otherwise need to allow wealthier urban and suburban people to just drive out there while poor people without cars cannot.

Florida could be doing it well (doesn't seem like it since the rollout sounds very corrupt) might have low demand (more possible) or maybe it's such a mess that stuff like this happens because it's hard to get appointments but there's excess supply.

Here in Ohio the cities are pretty booked solid but the rural areas are filled with people who think Jesus is the best vaccine so I was able to drive like 40 minutes west and get my first shot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's right. He's right ya'll.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't think Penta said that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TTBF posted:

You have to specify that they're free because otherwise Americans are going to assume they cost an arm and a leg since everything else in healthcare does.

That reminds me of a heartbreaking story from Katrina where a family was on their roof surrounded by water and a helicopter came to rescue them and they initially refused because they wouldn't be able to afford the rescue. It had to be explained to them that "dude it's free, climb up!" The saddest part is they were baffled by why they weren't being charged. America!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't think Penta said that

He said it you son of a bitch!

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Is he checking Mr. Backlund out?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Had my first "seizure" at the office and my coworkers had to call an ambulance, I was 100% more worried about the monstrous debt a hospital visit would cause vs any concern I had for my personal health. It's tragic how disincentivized you are from seeking help in this country. Wrestling!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

That reminds me of a heartbreaking story from Katrina where a family was on their roof surrounded by water and a helicopter came to rescue them and they initially refused because they wouldn't be able to afford the rescue. It had to be explained to them that "dude it's free, climb up!" The saddest part is they were baffled by why they weren't being charged. America!

classic joke, but with a dark twist for our godless modern age

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just got my first shot this morning, and I went through all of the worry and annoyance that others went through since I became eligible last week.

My advice: Just keep trying. Keep looking. As more doses become available, it will reach that tipping point where you can get an appointment. :glomp: And, the longer it takes the more likely that you'll get a J&J so you'd be done before those who get the other two.

(A bonus for me: I was planning four weeks between shots but it turns out that it's just three for Pfizer so it's all done a week early!)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i cant get vaccinated for another 2 months so this stuff makes me selfishly feel bad tbh

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

When I went to sign up for the vaccine online, there was a portion of the form that asked about insurance, but I just left it all blank and then when I got there they didn't ask about it at all and it was all totally free and quick and easy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ibexaz posted:

Had my first "seizure" at the office and my coworkers had to call an ambulance, I was 100% more worried about the monstrous debt a hospital visit would cause vs any concern I had for my personal health. It's tragic how disincentivized you are from seeking help in this country. Wrestling!

Sup seizure buddy. I got my 3rd one in the office and when the EMTs showed up I refused to let them take me to the hospital because of money. I took a Lyft home instead.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember during a placement when I was trying to become a social worker, I witnessed a seizure for the first time, one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Yeah it wasn't fun! Still no idea what caused it but I've thankfully had no experiences since. I also forgot to mention that I am WWE superstar Reckoning.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I remember during a placement when I was trying to become a social worker, I witnessed a seizure for the first time, one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen

If it's any consolation I'm still not used to seeing seizures despite seeing several of them every few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

super easy to get one in nevada. getting my 2nd shot of pfizer tomorrow morning.