Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, I kinda wanna see Florida try and push Disney around it they try to enforce a vaccine passport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I welcome my vax chip passport thing if it means it automatically sends me my ride pictures to my memory and ensures I can get to Mexico this summer.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Anya posted:

I welcome my vax chip passport thing if it means it automatically sends me my ride pictures to my memory and ensures I can get to Mexico this summer.

You can easily get to Mexico. Getting back is mildly more annoying, as you might have to fill out (assuming a flight):

1. Mexican declaration that you don't have any covid symptoms.
2. Visitax declaration that you've paid your tourism tax (Cancun area).
3. Airline (US) declaration that you have a negative covid test with results from the last 72 hours.
3b. You will actually have to have the test, of course.

And the usual passport and boarding pass.

Source: flew back from Cancún yesterday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ulmont posted:

You can easily get to Mexico. Getting back is mildly more annoying, as you might have to fill out (assuming a flight):

3. Airline (US) declaration that you have a negative covid test with results from the last 72 hours.

Do you have to do all of this if you're just flying your daughters down for moral support? Asking for a .... acquaintance.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

ulmont posted:

Oh I know

It’s being allowed to leave for Mexico without 2 weeks off afterwards from work.

Though that’s hopefully going to be changing soon - I gots trips this year.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

We talked about this in the Disney World thread. This dude is a chronic piece of poo poo who owns a construction business that’s in huge legal trouble for defaulting on contracts, and also stuffed the city for hundreds of thousand of dollars. He’s gotten trouble before for being an anti-masker trump cultist at WDW.

He also quietly stopped paying for his employees’ insurance and didn’t tell them, and one of them racked up a shitload of medical debt after he had a leg amputated and was told his insurance didn’t exist.

It’s amazing he’s not in prison but yknow, wealthy white people in Louisiana.

skipdogg posted:

No sympathy here, the rules are plain and clear, and couldn't be more plainer or clearer. If you don't like them, don't go.

Ok that dude is having a bad couple months...

https://www.wbrz.com/news/amputee-learns-he-has-no-health-insurance-after-employer-neglected-to-pay-bills/

https://www.wbrz.com/news/contractor-behind-emergency-sunshine-bridge-repair-still-owes-state-police-nearly-900k/

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

There’s another Disney world thread?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

We talked about this in the Disney World thread.

Something something believe in disney world threads because you're in one, etc.

he sounds like a real rear end in a top hat though.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ah gently caress I wrote a phone response in the loltrump thread and then pasted it here so I could pick up the quote linking to the articles and I guess I hit post.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I think it's obvious that the only reasonable response to this incident is to start dueling Disneyland/Disney World threads.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Roadie posted:

I think it's obvious that the only reasonable response to this incident is to start dueling Disneyland/Disney World threads.

Universal thread where the only questions allowed are what time is the 3:00 parade and where are the Ninja Turtles.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Universal thread where the only questions allowed are what time is the 3:00 parade and where are the Ninja Turtles.

I heard there was a Build-Your-Own Muppet factory?? Where?????

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The discord technically has different rooms for different topics... but we all just talk in the main one.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should gie someone admin of the discord since I always forget about it...do any of you want it?

Also I might be getting some substantial money soon...looking at buying a house or condo around Celebration. Was thinking Poinciana but seems expensive (but what isn't now a days). Might go back to my old stomping grounds of Wesley Chapel, but wanted to see if any of you know of good areas that are maybe a half hour away from Disney property?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I should gie someone admin of the discord since I always forget about it...do any of you want it?

Also I might be getting some substantial money soon...looking at buying a house or condo around Celebration. Was thinking Poinciana but seems expensive (but what isn't now a days). Might go back to my old stomping grounds of Wesley Chapel, but wanted to see if any of you know of good areas that are maybe a half hour away from Disney property?

Price range, ideal house setup/square footage, HOAs?, etc.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
200k to 300k, 2 bedrooms is all I really need. Part of me might just go towards the tampa area again but I like the orlando area.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
There’s some property about to get cheap in Manatee County

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-state-of-emergency-wastewater-leak-watch-live-stream-today-2021-04-05/#app

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hazo posted:

Ah gently caress I wrote a phone response in the loltrump thread and then pasted it here so I could pick up the quote linking to the articles and I guess I hit post.

oh no worries, just thought I was missing out on more WDW related talk

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
New Jurassic World coaster opens June 10th, at Universal (Islands of Adventure).
https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/1379445224645271563

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wait, "Let Yourself Woah?" How long have they been using that terrible slogan :lol:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1379472523885219841?s=21

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

that basically just means you don't ever have to wear a mask doesn't it? people will just claim they are getting their photo taken.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:cripes: why does everybody have to rush this stuff? If we wait until the majority of people are vaccinated, it'd be fine. But no, we just love to spawn new cool varieties.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

alg posted:

that basically just means you don't ever have to wear a mask doesn't it? people will just claim they are getting their photo taken.

Not to stir up dissent in this thread again, but this was the same argument used for the eating/drinking exception yet that never seemed to become as much of a widespread issue as people assumed it would. Much like the current eating and drinking policy, I presume this wouldn't be allow in queues, and you need to be stationary and distanced from other guests.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:cripes: why does everybody have to rush this stuff? If we wait until the majority of people are vaccinated, it'd be fine. But no, we just love to spawn new cool varieties.

:yeah:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Not to stir up dissent in this thread again, but this was the same argument used for the eating/drinking exception yet that never seemed to become as much of a widespread issue as people assumed it would. Much like the current eating and drinking policy, I presume this wouldn't be allow in queues, and you need to be stationary and distanced from other guests.

It was until they told them their asses had to stand still.

I assume they'll do the same thing here.

Watch some vloggers though. There's mask violations everywhere in the crowds. Nose dicks and people walking drinking and eating and just; everywhere. It isn't literally every single person, but they aren't really trying to enforce it a lot, either. Or it's an issue of people missing folk sneaking in the absolute hoards of guests running around every day.

At approaching 600,000 dead in the US, I just give up. I'm going to keep burying people from this poo poo until it dies off naturally and there is zip I can do about it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It was until they told them their asses had to stand still.

I assume they'll do the same thing here.

Watch some vloggers though. There's mask violations everywhere in the crowds. Nose dicks and people walking drinking and eating and just; everywhere. It isn't literally every single person, but they aren't really trying to enforce it a lot, either. Or it's an issue of people missing folk sneaking in the absolute hoards of guests running around every day.

At approaching 600,000 dead in the US, I just give up. I'm going to keep burying people from this poo poo until it dies off naturally and there is zip I can do about it.

I think Disney is doing the best they can.
I was at AK on Saturday. I saw Cast Members asking people to wear a mask or put it on fully.

There are just so many more guests than cast that people either get away with not wearing (not common from what I saw) or just forget/don't realize their mask is loose (more common, especially with kids) and there isn't a CM around.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I do think "doing the best they can" isn't carving out needless exceptions like "taking a picture". But they are a corporation, operating in Florida, in a capitalist hellworld country, so who knows.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I was at Epcot on Wednesday because my friend and I were having dinner from the outdoor kitchens. We were sitting at a picnic table away from everyone else. We'd finished our food a few minutes before and were sitting there with our masks off when a CM came by and told us to put them back on. It'd been maybe 5 min? They're doing a good job making sure people are wearing masks. Yes, people will break the rules, but it's the exception and not the norm.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

alg posted:

I do think "doing the best they can" isn't carving out needless exceptions like "taking a picture". But they are a corporation, operating in Florida, in a capitalist hellworld country, so who knows.

In my experience this is one that probably happens a lot anyway with people taking their photos and with most people already socially distancing for their photo it's likely not as risk. At least less risky than eating indoors. Plus if it's a photo spot they being supervised by the Photo CM most of the time anyway to follow the rules.

Edit: I'm saying this was a probably a very carefully considered risk decision. Disney has the most strict rules and enforcement probably in the entire country and if they didn't actually care Florida would be more than happy to bend over backwards for them to allow no masks at all.

In fact my conspiracy theory on why Florida hasn't rolled back all mask rules like Texas is because Disney told them they don't want that and would embarrass the governor by keeping their mask rules if he did it.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 6, 2021

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I get your concern, but this was not my experience when we visited a week ago.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zero One posted:

I think Disney is doing the best they can.
I was at AK on Saturday. I saw Cast Members asking people to wear a mask or put it on fully.

There are just so many more guests than cast that people either get away with not wearing (not common from what I saw) or just forget/don't realize their mask is loose (more common, especially with kids) and there isn't a CM around.

I agree with this and it's part of why I am so against the parks being open. Even good people make mistakes. And bad ones do it without caring that they may be killing people with asymptomatic spread.

couldcareless posted:

I get your concern, but this was not my experience when we visited a week ago.

Okay but videos also don't lie when you see people doing it on camera, you know? I'm glad people were good around you. I don't wanna bury your rear end either.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Braksgirl posted:

I was at Epcot on Wednesday because my friend and I were having dinner from the outdoor kitchens. We were sitting at a picnic table away from everyone else. We'd finished our food a few minutes before and were sitting there with our masks off when a CM came by and told us to put them back on. It'd been maybe 5 min? They're doing a good job making sure people are wearing masks. Yes, people will break the rules, but it's the exception and not the norm.

How was your trip compared to non covid times?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Zero One posted:

In fact my conspiracy theory on why Florida hasn't rolled back all mask rules like Texas is because Disney told them they don't want that and would embarrass the governor by keeping their mask rules if he did it.

This seems like not so much a conspiracy theory and more like very plausible. Desantis knows the power Disney has and knows better than to gently caress with them. Disney could leverage this even more, but they want those sweet rich white chud dollars to keep flowing into the resorts :shrug:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Hazo posted:

This seems like not so much a conspiracy theory and more like very plausible. Desantis knows the power Disney has and knows better than to gently caress with them. Disney could leverage this even more, but they want those sweet rich white chud dollars to keep flowing into the resorts :shrug:

Very plausible indeed. Also there's nothing politically to gain by lifting it right now. Abbot did it so he could make headlines for a bunch of political reasons not relevant to this thread. If Desantis did it now, there's not much to gain, he'll just be following in others footsteps.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Disney world is already practically a suzerain with florida as it's vassal. So if disney requires a vaccine passport,which I doubt they'd do, what's florida gonna do about it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

skipdogg posted:

How was your trip compared to non covid times?

Different, of course. Masks suck in 90 degree weather, not gonna lie, but we still had a great time. We took it a bit easy and just did some relaxed touring, and a lot of eating. We were there for just over 72 hours so we didn't get to do a ton, but we had fun just hanging out.

Lines seem long because of distancing, but they really aren't. We got in line for Haunted Mansion back where they load the river boat and we still walked right on the ride. We waited in line for Slinky Dog for 30 min. The line started back to where the Woody statue is when you come into Toy Story Land.

We also watched them film some promotional footage at the Pixar ball right outside Woody's Lunchbox. That was kind of cool. We also learned that you cannot take the Skyliner to Riviera in the morning unless you have a reservation at Topolino's for breakfast. We had to get off at CBR and walk over to have breakfast at the quick serve location, which is freaking EXCELLENT, btw.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/rolandlisf/status/1379496114089467904

Perhaps relevant to Disneyland, at least as long as they continue only allowing Californians.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

I think Disney is doing a pretty remarkable job, all things considered. Yeah a video is going to catch people not doing things properly, but my experience in the parks and at Disney Springs has been that people don't get away with that for very long before a cast member is telling them to correct the issue.

Orange County announced today that once 50% of residents are vaccinated (estimated to be July 2021), they'll drop their mask mandate. I imagine WDW won't be far behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That's very similar to my experience. We went twice during Covid Disney and both times (last November and this March) were actually very pleasant. The reduced crowds meant we got a ton of attractions done (we finished the three mountains in MK by 1 PM without trying very hard) and it always felt like the cast members were super on point about masks.

The main drawbacks were:
- obvious virus risk (we justified this by realizing Disney is probably doing a better job of sanitizing and enforcing safety than our local grocery store)
- lots of restaurants and all shows are closed
- minor inconveniences from blocked traffic flows and closed pathways
- masks are hot
- reduced hours
- no character interactions

We decided none of these were dealbreakers compared to a less-crowded unique Disney experience, so we took the risk. You might feel different depending on your priorities and preferred attractions. With masks being relaxed and probably another capacity increase coming soon, I think I'm happy we got this last trip in and probably won't return until our second vax doses and things settle down.