Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

he seems well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bleeding kansas posted:

the league got their games, and players got this https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/08/nba-teams-strike-for-black-lives.html

and the rest of sports got to see the enormous PR shitshow that happens when the leagues dont stand up for their bipoc athletes

the owners kept raking in the cash and the players got to tell people to vote for Biden lol, meanwhile the original demands around the strike remain completely ignored and sidelined. A smashing victory!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol hes still pissed about fauci throwing that pitch

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

TMMadman posted:

It's gonna be amazing when we find out that the vaccine is like the flu vaccine and somerhing you'll have to take every year.

oh, you didn't know already?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TMMadman posted:

It's gonna be amazing when we find out that the vaccine is like the flu vaccine and somerhing you'll have to take every year.

this is already virtually guaranteed, given the proliferation of variants. we're gonna need a booster to help against those, probably in 2022.

hopefully new variants won't keep popping up at this rate and maybe it won't be a yearly problem by later this decade.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

trump's gonna boycott gorillas because he can no longer find the gorilla channel anywhere

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zil posted:

This is so going to end up before the Supreme Court.

That's the intent, yeah, to legislate from the bench instead of through the federal legislature

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Drunkboxer posted:

there’s a part where tony runs up to a guy and shows him a really big fish and he’s like “Look what I caught just off da pier!” and the guy is like “oh?” and then tony pulls a gun out of the fish’s mouth and shoots the guy

Holy poo poo I gotta watch this show

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Dorp

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

This is so going to end up before the Supreme Court.

This is gonna be a really bad 6-3

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Iron Crowned posted:

seriously gently caress the seniors, you've had 4 months old man, you should have done it when there was no competition

free markets bby

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

a.lo posted:

When did Coke cave into cancel culture? I thought all this was due to voting accessibility?

Coke canceled racism and the gop is PISSED

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lol we have Trump with PTSD when everyone booed him in the World Series

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The Nastier Nate posted:

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1379189546915672065?s=21

One of my friends scolded me for eating at a table alone at reading terminal market last week, I feel like that wasn’t justified

Chud MLB boycott going very strong it looks like. Nothing says we won't stand for your corporate communism trying to ruin the INTEGRITY of our elections like selling out the home opener for the awful Texas rangers.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

Epic High Five posted:

the owners kept raking in the cash and the players got to tell people to vote for Biden lol, meanwhile the original demands around the strike remain completely ignored and sidelined. A smashing victory!

on the other hand, look how little the athletes needed from the leagues to get back to work. just public support for black lives and the tiniest bit of action ended a wildcat that totally hosed the entire nba

somebody in management might follow that and come to the conclusion its way, way better for their bottom line to stand up publicly for black athletes like mlb just did

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Baseball makes it exceedingly hard, or impossible to watch your local team due to blackouts and dumb tv deals, but it's easier than ever to watch other teams with ESPN+, MLBN and FS1 all regularly carrying games. It's really dumb.

Maybe that's what tarhmp means

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Can we just like peacefully balkanize already?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also anyone that thinks these corporate performative PR gestures will do anything clearly have never heard of the Democratic Party.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1379512474995617792

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

DesertIslandHermit posted:

That may have been the highlight of his presidency, you see the last fragment of his soul die in real time and it is so satisfying

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

pigz posted:

Baseball makes it exceedingly hard, or impossible to watch your local team due to blackouts and dumb tv deals, but it's easier than ever to watch other teams with ESPN+, MLBN and FS1 all regularly carrying games. It's really dumb.

Yeah I was thinking about getting mlb tv or whatever it's called since I no longer live in the brewers media market, but then I remembered watching the brewers lose 90 games a year isn't something I should spend money on.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Can we just like peacefully balkanize already?

this is America we can’t peacefully do anything

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1379503337960316932

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fake Trump to go with Fake Melania

https://twitter.com/salgentile/status/1379241395647549444

Do you think they let him keep the Fake Melania?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Remember they kept looking for a sporting event he wouldn't get booed at and after multiple tries ultimately did like an SEC football game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bleeding kansas posted:

on the other hand, look how little the athletes needed from the leagues to get back to work. just public support for black lives and the tiniest bit of action ended a wildcat that totally hosed the entire nba

somebody in management might follow that and come to the conclusion its way, way better for their bottom line to stand up publicly for black athletes like mlb just did

This calculation is already the baseline, this started years ago with the NFL and ever since then the leagues have been going to the liberal groups whose mission it is to replace mission with marketing so that the appearance of the endorsement of radical action is there, but in reality it never threatens the power structure and never leaves the firm control of the NGO sphere

I guarantee Obama's first call was to the league commish

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gods_Butthole posted:

Holy poo poo I gotta watch this show

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

Also anyone that thinks these corporate performative PR gestures will do anything clearly have never heard of the Democratic Party.

of course they wont do anything substantive, theyre corporations, they dont make the laws. the only thing they care about is money and the only thing they have to offer is press and public opinion. so step on their loving throat until the money is cut off and wring as much good press out of it as possible

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
It's kinda funny how politicians keep putting these large corporations in no-win PR positions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pigz posted:

Lmao

The Cubs, who built their major market following between the 60s-80s by using WGN (which is a super station that gets broadcast all over the country), decided in the last year or two that they needed to move to an exclusive pay channel.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a lot of winter olympics sports have a component of this in them

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is gonna be a really bad 6-3

Yeah, good point. :smith:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

We need more of this on TV. Everything wants to be too serious and wants to be interconnected to some franchise

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Lmao

The Cubs, who built their major market following between the 60s-80s by using WGN (which is a super station that gets broadcast all over the country), decided in the last year or two that they needed to move to an exclusive pay channel.

I was a braves fan because I could follow them on tbs all those years even when I was out of market, when they stopped showing them I stopped following baseball all together

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Lmao

I used to be able to watch the Braves pretty much anywhere I went because they were carried by TBS. Really sucked when they stopped doing that but at least MLB doesn't give a poo poo apparently about account sharing. Go to coupons and deals and see if there's some open spots on an mlb.tv plan someone is selling

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I thought this was a joke

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
arkansas to georgia: hold our 'shine

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Big Pussy, engage protocol "Gabbagool"

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011