Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Buzbee in a few hours.

In the meantime, #22 has been filed.

quote:

From publicly available information [...] Watson used more than fifty different women for massages.1 -- some made clear they were unlicensed, and others made sure they did not specialize in massage therapy. For some, Watson indicated exactly what clothes he wanted the therapist to wear.

1Watson selected all of these women via social media, mostly through Instagram and through SnapChat.

quote:

Plaintiff asked incredulously what he was thinking and he replied "you can sit on it."

quote:

In his hand he had what said on the top "Non-Disclosure Agreement," telling her that in order for him to pay her she had to sign. Plaintiff, without reading the document, did so. Shortly after he left, Watson sent Plaintiff two hundred and fifty dollar via CashApp, although the service was only sixty-five dollars. Plaintiff felt violated and terrified. All of the physical contact was unwanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This guy, this is not my kind of guy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At this point I'm wondering how far the rabbit hole goes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One of the plaintiffs is speaking today.

https://twitter.com/sarahbarshop/status/1379484005255483404?s=20

:smith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

😬

https://twitter.com/SportsRadio610/status/1379488527172390913

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Apparently what did him in was he racked up so many victims that even with his MO of picking on individual, inexperienced women with no professional networking, he finally had so many that some of them ended up knowing each other and talking about it:

More stuff about the Texans staff knowing:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apparently what did him in was he racked up so many victims that even with his MO of picking on individual, inexperienced women with no professional networking, he finally had so many that some of them ended up knowing each other and talking about it:

More stuff about the Texans staff knowing:

Isn't the play personnel person... Easterby?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The letter being read right now is really something. Hard to see Watson playing this season. Trying to get a transcript

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Neil Armbong posted:

I’m not sure what the hell that dudes title and role is besides shadow owner.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Neil Armbong posted:

Everything is coming up Easterby.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m not sure what the hell that dudes title and role is besides shadow owner.

Lord Protector of Galveston Bay

Neil Armbong posted:

"Jack Easterby was named the executive vice president of football operations on January 28, 2020, being promoted to the role after joining the Houston Texans as executive vice president of team development in April 2019. "

Personnel would be someone else I think.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If this somehow comes back around to Easterbee...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If this somehow comes back around to Easterbee...

You really think that Watson only started this poo poo in 2019/2020?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So a lot happened at this press conference:
  • Two of the victims made their identities known. One spoke, another had a letter read for her.
  • Buzbee said there were five more women that approached him but he couldn't make as strong a case for them as he did the other 22.
  • At least two women will be filing police reports with HPD, and very likely more will come to file reports with the police.
  • The Texans provided Watson with a massage table, helped arrange some massages, and there's a possibility that Texans staff were aware of what Watson was doing.
  • Buzbee danced around this but seemed to imply that Watson could face charges for trafficking because he was flying women in across state lines.
  • edit: forgot about this one: One of the women that Hardin brought forward in support of Watson, in actuality, stopped working with Watson because she found him creepy and inappropriate.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 6, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, gently caress Deshaun Watson...

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1379485813948440590?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There is no grave large enough for Watson and the Texans. Even if they hadn't been involved in this, what a mess on their hands.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know what hit me about these women who come forward? They acquire a lot of their massage clients through social media. Now they're going to have to deal with a bunch of bullshit in their DM's from dumbass fans.

I think they absolutely should get paid for all the poo poo they're about to go through.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ashley Solis full statement at 14 minutes, Lauren Baxley letter at 45:25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlgbMsWmLU&t=2725s

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yikes. Some of the Texans staff had to know what he was doing. Maybe even some of his teammates too, this is too large of a scale to go completely unnoticed he is a serial assaulter with a pattern over who knows how many years.

I wonder if it goes back to Clemson as well.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yikes. Some of the Texans staff had to know what he was doing. Maybe even some of his teammates too, this is too large of a scale to go completely unnoticed he is a serial assaulter with a pattern over who knows how many years.

For him to not get outed for it until now, I would expect he's had guidance from Clemson and Texans staff the entire way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

He deleted a tweet from when he was in high school about how good a massage was didn't he? Which could just mean he got a good massage, but...yeah that benefit of the doubt thing is gone.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jesus christ :smith:

She's incredibly brave for coming forward and I hope she gets proper justice.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The DM at 40 minutes or so is the most telling bit of the conference (in terms of Texans organisation).

smh

MoaM fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 6, 2021

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
how loving deep does the rabbit hole go jesus christ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Why isn't Watson on the exempt list yet?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Do not read the Twitter comments. gently caress.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Can the NFL pull a lack of institutional control charge on the Texans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's terrible enough to be a victim of sexual assault, but in your own home? Jfc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

grack posted:

how loving deep does the rabbit hole go jesus christ

One of the documents Buzbee produced mentioned Quincy Avery as one of the people referring Watson to massage therapists, and if it's the same Quincy Avery as the QB coach who worked with Watson in 2018 and 2019, then we're probably going back 3, 4 years for this.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Forserious.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Texans-take-allegations-against-Deshaun-Watson-16078807.php

McNair sent a letter to season ticket holders:

quote:

"We want to take this opportunity to address the complaint filed with the Houston Police Department and the allegations made in the civil lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson," the letter stated. "We want to assure you that we take these allegations very seriously. As reported, HPD and the National Football League are conducting investigations and we will cooperate fully. We respect the legal process and will continue to monitor the situation closely.

"While we await the conclusion of these investigations, we express our strong stance against any form of sexual assault. Our family and the entire Houston Texans organization are deeply troubled by any form of abuse and we condemn this type of behavior. We will continue to commit resources to help prevent abusive behaviors from occurring in our community and ensure respect for all."

The letter added that the Texans' charitable foundation, the McNairs' personal foundation and the family have donated more than $10 million to organizations that provide services to victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse.

"This is deeply personal to our family and remains a priority," the letter stated.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
"We take these allegations seriously, but not seriously enough to actually do anything about it, or even prevent our employees from (apparently) contributing to the problem. But yeah, SUPER seriously."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
"We take these allegations seriously enough to not look callous but are not going to fully condemn Watson as we don't want to scare you off from committing to season tickets."

Speaking of which, when is the deadline for purchasing Texans season tickets? I would :lol: so hard if the team turns on Watson the day after collecting everybody's :20bux:.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I guess this is the company line so far:

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1379523918806052870?s=20

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1379524063803084807?s=20

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

grack posted:

"We take these allegations seriously, but not seriously enough to actually do anything about it, or even prevent our employees from (apparently) contributing to the problem. But yeah, SUPER seriously."

*turns his head, covers mic*

gently caress we should have traded him when we had the chance!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If they had traded him and then all this came out surely the league would have to intervene to undo it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Is there any kind of clause in contracts that lets them get out of future salary payments due to conduct detrimental or something?

It’s less about the Texans having to continue paying (but still, gently caress the Texans) and more about having to continue to pay Watson after he’s inevitably banned.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Patriots remained on the hook for paying Hernandez if that helps. I believe they got some cap relief after a lot of legal stuff like 6 years later.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I would imagine the Texans are extra hosed if it's discovered that people in the organization were facilitating his sexual abuse and kept it under wraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If they had traded him and then all this came out surely the league would have to intervene to undo it.

Thank god.