Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Remember when people were raging at the 2018 Miss Korea winner because she was "too fat and ugly" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

jaw bone slices from korean women

sometimes men

ive seen it in person

Ah alright, thanks :) Skeletal tissue isn't very icky but medical ppl can be extremely dumb in civilised company lol

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Don't forget these, either:

My little tote bag is only the original Collon, not the creamed variety unfortunately. I did have some Couque D'asses as well but I think the package is long gone. Tasted pretty good, but I've always eaten D'asses so no big deal.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Remember when people were raging at the 2018 Miss Korea winner because she was "too fat and ugly" lol

Sandra Oh, famous Canadian(?) Actress, (star of Killing Eve and Greys Anatamy and probably other poo poo I don't know) gets shat on in Korea because people there think she is too ugly and presenting a bad view of Koreans to the world.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dang Koreans went ham with the capitalism vs communism stuff I guess.

The Most Communist Country IN History vs the Most Capitalist, separated by nothing more than 900,000 landmines.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Confucianism trumps all, it seems.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sandra Oh, famous Canadian(?) Actress, (star of Killing Eve and Greys Anatamy and probably other poo poo I don't know) gets shat on in Korea because people there think she is too ugly and presenting a bad view of Koreans to the world.

Grace Park also got a ton of the same abuse, being too ugly and gross to be publicly Korean in the west.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
South Korea is basically end stage capitalism turning full cyberpunk, complete with megacorps that are basically feudal kingdoms.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

hakimashou posted:

I got my shots now and have waited the full effectiveness interval so I went out shopping for the first time in a year.

One of my stops was the big asian grocery store to get lots of good chinese stuff, but in addition to that I also got a japanese product

the name is french for "cock of asses"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grand Fromage posted:

Grace Park also got a ton of the same abuse, being too ugly and gross to be publicly Korean in the west.

:ughh:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

ANU censorship row as anti-China art removed

A gallery on the Australian National University campus has removed artworks mocking Chinese communist leaders after students at the university complained.

It's led to allegations that the gallery has bowed to pressure from supporters of the regime in Beijing.

The works by Canberra-born artist Luke Cornish (also known as ELK) were part of the Don't Shoot the Messenger show at the aMBUSH Gallery (as it spells its name).

One of the removed works showed a Chinese bank note altered to depict Winnie the Pooh strangling Tigger.

The exhibition was billed as a commentary on "the rise of authoritarianism" but some Chinese students complained the works were racist.

Apart from addressing Chinese government repression, the artist had included art depicting an upside-down figure of Christ on a cross. There are works inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement.

While some complaints were that the images were racist, others alleged that there was a coordinated campaign by supporters of the Beijing regime to get critical work, particularly of the leaders Mao and XI, banned.

READ MORE:

But the ANU denied it had censored the works. It said it was committed to free speech. It didn't run the gallery. "Neither the artwork nor the exhibition were commissioned by ANU," a spokesman said.

The artist Luke Cornish told the ABC: "I was just getting smashed on Instagram and social media, I think the gallery were getting smashed too," he said. "It was such a bullying mentality, so the gallery made the call to take the artworks down."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7185655/anu-censorship-row-as-anti-china-art-removed/

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Apart from K-Pop stans, is there anyone else apart from the CCP that sends an army of targeted weaponized internet trolls after people who say mean things about them?

Well, anyone sane?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Apart from K-Pop stans, is there anyone else apart from the CCP that sends an army of targeted weaponized internet trolls after people who say mean things about them?

Well, anyone sane?

Beyonce fans.

Maybe the 5 true believers in Kamala Harris.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

China is much like Alabama, in many ways.

The groom was also adopted, so the wedding went ahead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

McGavin posted:

I sense a romantic comedy.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

my moms specialty in med school was congenital disorders arising from incest

she graduated and did like, one case every five years of that poo poo while being a normal pediatrician for two decades until she took a weird travelling doc position in the emirates whereupon she had to do it every day. treated half a dozen princesses

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Well, anyone sane?

Not that armies of weaponised, paid trolls don't exist, but these days you could replace 'CCP' with almost anything with a fanbase you care to name and there's hordes of people willing to do it for free.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

its to sell poo poo

also plastic surgery lol

korea heavily overproduces doctors which means that market competition for elective stuff is ridiculous and they specifically try to induce demand

theres also the alienation and isolation of modern life and employment, which peeps try to alleviate by getting basically human capital improvement projects done as human capital improvement projects

this goes double for sex work peeps

Being a mod is a lovely job but I'd put up with it if it meant I could probate you every time you said "peeps"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jeza posted:

Not that armies of weaponised, paid trolls don't exist, but these days you could replace 'CCP' with almost anything with a fanbase you care to name and there's hordes of people willing to do it for free.

Yeah, though the version of this in Korea/Japan is notably extreme.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, though the version of this in Korea/Japan is notably extreme.

There is an entire online battles of Isonzo going on at all times and we only miss it because we don't go to websites where there are both Korean nationalists and Japanese nationalists.

Also the nationalist slap fights between Taiwan and Mainland China can get spicy.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Well, anyone sane?

russia, 4chan, donald trump, jeff bezos

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Don Gato posted:

There is an entire online battles of Isonzo going on at all times and we only miss it because we don't go to websites where there are both Korean nationalists and Japanese nationalists.

Welcome to my 3,867 page thread about whether Koreans or Japanese invented rice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grand Fromage posted:

Welcome to my 3,867 page thread about whether Koreans or Japanese invented rice.

Only 3,867 pages? Such small numbers. The thread on the origins of rice in China is over 5,000 pages.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ArmZ posted:

russia, 4chan, donald trump, jeff bezos

Don't forget Elon Musk, nerds will literally die for him.

Also Star Citizen.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
kimchi was a chinese invention, remember

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mozi posted:

kimchi was a chinese invention, remember

Yeah but Koreans invented China so ultimately it remains Korea culture.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prehistoric Korean peppers.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

my moms specialty in med school was congenital disorders arising from incest

she graduated and did like, one case every five years of that poo poo while being a normal pediatrician for two decades until she took a weird travelling doc position in the emirates whereupon she had to do it every day. treated half a dozen princesses

How would you treat those disorders? Are we talking surgery for webbed feet, or something for hemophilia symptoms?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres like hundreds of them

the most moderately obscure one she dealt with more than once was huntingtons, which is mendellian dominant and she did heredity poo poo and told the afflicted family no, you hosed up marrying this cousin to this cousin, etc etc (something like 40% of gulf arab marriages are cousins, so peeps make alabama jokes but they should really be making emirati jokes)

theres no cure just therapy for 90% of this poo poo

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 6, 2021

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

so peeps make alabama jokes but they should really be making emirati jokes

Oh yeah lemme just get right on that, I'm sure it'll go over swimmingly on the Internet.

I keep it safe and only make fun of the Habsburgs.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pham Nuwen posted:

Oh yeah lemme just get right on that, I'm sure it'll go over swimmingly on the Internet.

I keep it safe and only make fun of the Habsburgs.

oh yeah, its a laugh riot w that one hapsburg on twitter

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Pretty sure he got banned from Twitter, actually.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this one?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EduardHabsburg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McGavin posted:

So China is a Fire Emblem game IRL?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Don't forget these, either:

This is extra good because the flavor 大人のミルク means "adult milk"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

peanut posted:

This is extra good because the flavor 大人のミルク means "adult milk"

lmao

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

You'd figure they'd have gotten the memo by now, but even Eduard is married to an (admittedly not particularly close) relative.

Edit: I think their closest Habsburg relative is Leopold II, who would be 6? generations back.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 7, 2021

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Edit: double post

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You mean with the skin, eyes and jaw work that leaves you looking like an alien doll?

Ah, if only I'd had less of a stubborn streak, I could have been another one of these weird creepy clones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
these folks are still korean peeps, theyre still stubborn except stubborn the other direction