Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Woo lord this shot is working me over. My arm is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

Jackbox tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT

https://discord.gg/QbyUvwQY

Not gonna make it tonight. My mom's in town and staying with me. It's been 5 of 10 days and I'm already grumpy. I need my space :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Definitely forgot about the Goo Goo Dolls montage mid movie. Still rules

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'll be honest, I don't quite get the vitriol Papa John's gets compared to pizza hut or dominos (aside from the founder's whole deal, obviously). I've always found it to be much more palatable in crust and toppings than the other two, not that it's a high bar to clear.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

I'll be honest, I don't quite get the vitriol Papa John's gets compared to pizza hut or dominos (aside from the founder's whole deal, obviously). I've always found it to be much more palatable in crust and toppings than the other two, not that it's a high bar to clear.

Donatos is the best fast food pizza chain.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Out of Papa Johns, Dominos and Pizza Hut I'd rate Dominos and Pizza Hut about even and Papa Johns below. I know the founder isn't part of it any more, gently caress that guy, but the pizza themselves just aren't that good imo.

Dominos in general is better than Pizza Hut but Dominos doesn't offer stuffed crust pizza which is why the are about even in my book.

Still working on trying new places around me. Got a pizza from this place called Midnight Slice that was pretty good, but also a little spendy for the one size of pizza they offer.

Sigh, I miss Pizza Luce.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I find Papa John's inherently distrustful minus the racism, just because it's better cold than hot and that's unnatural.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/06/new-york-penn-15-skyscraper-andrew-cuomo

Whoever wrote this headline knew what they were doing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Allegedly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Skwirl posted:

Rob McElhenney from It's Always Sunny said his wife preferred him when he was fat Mac to when he got super ripped, because the dieting made him annoying and cranky.

He looks really unnatural all huge and cut.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
First tweet is funny, second just horrifying.

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1379591916422111236?s=20

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I unashamedly and unironically don’t hate big chain pizzas. Although their regular pizzas are fine, I stay away from any of the crazy specialty pizzas at Toppers though, I have a 100% rate of them sounding amazing when I’m hungry, then costing close to $30 by the time they get to my door and being absolutely disgusting. Ranked, I would go for one of my handmade Neapolitan-style pizzas, then a handful of local Italian thin crust places, then any of the chains.

Also I’m loving pissed because I was holding off on buying a motorcycle lift over winter and now that I decided to pull the trigger it’s now $40 more expensive :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Woo lord this shot is working me over. My arm is killing me.

So far mine is a bit sore, but nothing else.

No 5G superpowers yet dammit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Papa John's tastes like feet, and both times I've had Marcos I've gotten food poisoning.

Funny anecdote from my wifes first Moderna shot this morning: girl started complaining about her ears itching during the waiting period and a CNA took her aside, asked her to remove her mask, and her face was red and starting to get blotchy. He told her to hang tight and ran to get the doc, who worked for fema. He had her take her sweater off, arms were covered in hives. They gave her benadryl and kept her an extra 30m, and wife heard him telling the nurses "well, hopefully that's our only one for the day. Yesterday was miserable with allergic reactions."

Pfizer Pfriends 4 lyfe

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I've run quite a few calls at vaccination centers and although we've had a few supposed anaphylactics (two of whom received epipen x2 in like a 5min period prior to my arrival :stare:) most of the 'reactions' have been garden variety needle vasovagals passing out at the sight or with the puncture of a needle.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm also one of those insufferable assholes who ranks their own pizza over anything else. Binch I make a good pizza.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm also one of those insufferable assholes who ranks their own pizza over anything else. Binch I make a good pizza.

I think we can all come together and agree that you in fact do not make the best pizza.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Big chain pizzas cost too much drat money for how aggressively mediocre they are. I don't hate them but I will never pay fill price and seek out the carryout deal (unless I am crossfaded as gently caress and my sober food boundaries breakdown)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

We order pizza every friday (usually mellow, but an occasional local pizza spot too) and I haven't regularly eaten big chain pizza in awhile. I remember Papa Johns being fine, but the sauce was a sugary mess.

Honestly, even 'bad' pizza is usually pretty fine.

But good pizza...I know I'm a childhood disciple of TMNT and all but I can loving HOUSE some pizza.

also pineapple on pizza is perfectly loving fine and chicago- and new york style are both awesome and some of the best pizzas i've had were white sauce base or pesto base....Detroit style is my loving jam though

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I've never really gotten high but I have had pizza while pregnant and it's a religious experience. Everything tastes SO GOOD when you're at just the right stage of pregnancy.

When I was pregnant with my son, the local pizza place had $4.99 calzones on Wednesday and I used to get this Sicilian one that was loving amazing. Nothing has ever tasted as good since.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

I've never really gotten high but I have had pizza while pregnant and it's a religious experience. Everything tastes SO GOOD when you're at just the right stage of pregnancy.

When I was pregnant with my son, the local pizza place had $4.99 calzones on Wednesday and I used to get this Sicilian one that was loving amazing. Nothing has ever tasted as good since.

I've obviously never been pregnant, but the closest I can relate is really drunk pizza and it loving hits every spot.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

Make a pizza and post a picture of it. We're due another TFF food fail

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

What are the chances that the "throes of passion" were with the underage teenager? Just :barf:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So how exactly did the Bajorans launch their tiny wooden spaceships without a space station?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:discourse:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think we can all come together and agree that you in fact do not make the best pizza.

Home cooks never get the crust right.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I like picking up a Papa Murphy's and throwing it on the grill.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Home cooks never get the crust right.

It's because the ovens don't get hot enough. That's why I want SB to buy me him an ooni koda pizza oven.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

So how exactly did the Bajorans launch their tiny wooden spaceships without a space station?

They built them in space

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_7/status/1379507600958627846

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Some good jackbox tonight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gently caress anyone calling Trump for quotes on anything. If he gets indicted I want his thoughts on it to remain a mystery to me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Some good jackbox tonight.

Of course I missed this one :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Now that he has no power I can go back to thinking that he's the funniest loving person in the universe, just not in a way he wants

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've been dealing with psoriasis for a few months now, and it's gotten really bad recently. Four hours of sleep on Friday morning, and two on Saturday morning. Literally waking up from how itchy it gets.

My PC doc squeezed me in for a visit yesterday and prescribed me doxepin, which is basically Zyrtec. Took one before bed, and when I woke up this morning I so wanted to sleep in. I was feeling fatigue and brain fog all day, even napped for a couple of hours after work and canceled my sessions with my students. But on the bright side, no more itching!

I got my first Skyrizi dose last month, and I get my second dose tomorrow. It hasn't done jack so far, but my dermatologist will see that for himself. At least I'm only paying $5 a dose!

I still need to get my vaccine, and reading about the itching/hives reactions raises an eyebrow. I don't want to scratch and make people think I'm having a reaction to the shot, but I'm apprehensive to be in the state the doxepin left me in when I get the shot as it would be extra challenging to drive myself home. Maybe next time I take the doxepin I won't do it at 12:30am

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Now that he has no power I can go back to thinking that he's the funniest loving person in the universe, just not in a way he wants

He has some tweets from back in 2012-2013 that are indistinguishable from Dril

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He has some tweets from back in 2012-2013 that are indistinguishable from Dril

Absolute all-timer

Also this might be the vaccine talking but I'm enjoying Picard 2 episodes in

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Oh hell yeah they got motherfuckin HUGH baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didn't do squats for 3 weeks because I was sick and then had vacation and I did yesterday and I crushed my loving lifts cause I'm a beast but now I'm so loving sore I can't walk and I'm currently procrastinating getting up to piss because its going to hurt to stand so bad and I want to lie down and be sad and hope when I wake they feel better and why does leg pain muscle pain suck so bad?