Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Removal of the filter keeps happening until A realizes they are all living in Flatland, and Ângela is the sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

hobbesmaster posted:

Then again if Nier can call each path an "ending" I guess it counts.

sneak peek at day 50:

X: So, what crazy fragment of myself will I be facing today?
Adam: Sup, it's me.
X: Hey. Gonna ask me any questions about the Sephirot?
Adam: Nah, you already proved that you completed 90% of the Seed of Light. Now you've got to learn about yourself.
X: Man I hate introspection.
Adam: It's not so bad actually. First question: does this mackerel look tasty?
X: *sounds of eating*
X keels over dead

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

hobbesmaster posted:

Honestly it’s not really an “ending”.

Then again if Nier can call each path an “ending” I guess it counts.

Calling it now, to get the absolutely final true ending, you have to get full info on every abnormality and then sacrifice your 100% save file.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

BisbyWorl posted:

Calling it now, to get the absolutely final true ending, you have to get full info on every abnormality and then sacrifice your 100% save file.

So that's what they mean by Knowledge is pain

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

Remember: Only work You're Bald… with bald agents! Not doing so can be disastrous. This PSA brought to you by Hair Club for Agents.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TeeQueue posted:

Remember: Only work You're Bald… with bald agents! Not doing so can be disastrous. This PSA brought to you by Hair Club for Agents.

Hokma bald

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hwurmp posted:

Hokma bald

:golfclap:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Yep, that's about what I expected for a day 47 from TeeQueue. Past this is the point where the words "Acceptable losses" entered my vocabulary when before this, my run was flawless. 47 is an rear end in a top hat but it's nothing you haven't dealt with before and for that reason alone, it hurts so loving much when it all goes to poo poo.

For those that wonder why we put ourselves through this madness? The victories are loving thrilling when you push past the game explicitly telling you that this is too hard and that you should stop as well as pulling every goddamned trick it knows against you to prove it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Arcvasti posted:

sneak peek at day 50:

X: So, what crazy fragment of myself will I be facing today?
Adam: Sup, it's me.
X: Hey. Gonna ask me any questions about the Sephirot?
Adam: Nah, you already proved that you completed 90% of the Seed of Light. Now you've got to learn about yourself.
X: Man I hate introspection.
Adam: It's not so bad actually. First question: does this mackerel look tasty?
X: *sounds of eating*
X keels over dead

Dude, I said no spoilers!!! :v:

Hwurmp posted:

Hokma bald

10/10 bald boi

Intoluene posted:

Yep, that's about what I expected for a day 47 from TeeQueue. Past this is the point where the words "Acceptable losses" entered my vocabulary when before this, my run was flawless. 47 is an rear end in a top hat but it's nothing you haven't dealt with before and for that reason alone, it hurts so loving much when it all goes to poo poo.

Honestly that’s a lot better than my first playthrough. From 5 deaths to a Dusk (good enough!) to seventeen or so on Apoc Bird to “everyone but 3 units died” to Binah, it was super messy all the way through. Being able to let go is an important skill in LobCorp. Er, most of the time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, I was rereading old updates, looking for something else (the Apocalypse Bird fight, found myself wanting to see the video and stuff), and found, well, this (Day 39, for reference):

TeeQueue posted:

Music: story 3 ending

I questioned myself daily about the significance and the meaning of my creation. Then you handed me the script and gave me the answer. They say the narrator plays an important role in unraveling the plot. Well, thank you. It was so much fun reciting your script.

Sometimes I have these thoughts. What if this script is part of a play that’s missing its finale? Maybe you prepared a play that could never end, just so that you could tie me into this knot.

…….

This seems like it might be important, assuming it wasn't just a red herring. (Angela loving with you? A loving with himself? Tangent, man Angela drops the pleasant act past a certain point; she also outright says that you look pathetic just prior to this exchange.)

Unrelated, it slightly bothers me that "Small Bird" and "Long Bird" were just initial names for Punishing Bird and Judgement Bird, but Big Bird stays Big Bird instead of getting a menacing new name too. It feels like it should have also had another name, though I have no idea what it would be.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 7, 2021

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Roland Jones posted:

So, I was rereading old updates, looking for something else, and found, well, this (Day 39, for reference):

This seems like it might be important, assuming it wasn't just a red herring. (Angela loving with you? A loving with himself? Tangent, man Angela drops the pleasant act past a certain point; she also outright says that you look pathetic just prior to this exchange.)

Unrelated, it slightly bothers me that "Small Bird" and "Long Bird" were just initial names for Punishing Bird and Judgement Bird, but Big Bird stays Big Bird instead of getting a menacing new name too. It feels like it should have also had another name, though I have no idea what it would be.

Watchful Bird?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Roland Jones posted:

It's the last in the bird trilogy, and it's spherical; so I'd suggest Omega Borb for an absurdly bad pun

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Roland Jones posted:

Garibaldo?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Roland Jones posted:

If the three birds are meant to symbolize Judge, Jury and Executioner, I guess Big Bird would fit into the Jury position. But Jury Bird just sounds kinda weird.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
I would be partial to “Hunting Bird” to match the ominous names of the other two. One bird Judges you guilty. One bird Punishes you for doing evil. One bird Hunts for you in the dark.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It’s still Big Bird, just Big Brother instead of Large.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Bird Brother

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Bird Brother sounds like a wuxia thing

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

Dude, I said no spoilers!!! :v:

10/10 bald boi

Honestly that’s a lot better than my first playthrough. From 5 deaths to a Dusk (good enough!) to seventeen or so on Apoc Bird to “everyone but 3 units died” to Binah, it was super messy all the way through. Being able to let go is an important skill in LobCorp. Er, most of the time.

Well, when I SAY flawless, I mean for all intents and purposes. Memory Repository is a lifesaver for harder tasks like Binah, Gebura and Midnight ordeals.

Not birdzodia, though. That I did under my own goddamned power with no casualties JUST to make sure as many people as possible had the gift.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
The most important rule is to never let anyone die. Anyone.
I mean anyone who isn’t a clerk.
I mean anyone who isn’t a fresh newbie you can replace in 5 seconds.
I mean anyone you care about.
I mean anyone you’ve invested sufficient investment into such that losing them would be a truly massive loss.
I mean whoever the absolute best agents in the facility are, if only because their death means White Night is loose and I’m doomed anyways.
I mean whichever person is hiding in the Shelter so White Night and Apoc Bird can finish murdering the somehow even bigger problem than them.
I mean gently caress it I can just memory repository anyways since everyone’s lives are meaningless tools to be burned in the name of progress.

:lobcorp:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

The most important rule is to never let anyone die. Anyone.
I mean anyone who isn’t a clerk.
I mean anyone who isn’t a fresh newbie you can replace in 5 seconds.
I mean anyone you care about.
I mean anyone you’ve invested sufficient investment into such that losing them would be a truly massive loss.
I mean whoever the absolute best agents in the facility are, if only because their death means White Night is loose and I’m doomed anyways.
I mean whichever person is hiding in the Shelter so White Night and Apoc Bird can finish murdering the somehow even bigger problem than them.
I mean gently caress it I can just memory repository anyways since everyone’s lives are meaningless tools to be burned in the name of progress.

:lobcorp:

You got it. This is the true essence of :lobcorp:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

It’s still Big Bird, just Big Brother instead of Large.

No, clearly it means Big Bird, as in Big Pharma. It symbolizes the corporate dystopia that is the Project Moon universe.

Invest in LÄMP

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Hey, guess who just reached the end of the LP thinking that hey, it must be over by now, and just read it in one go?

:tizzy:

But seriously, this is one of those games that I would not normally play, so it's great to find an entertaining LP to finally see what's it about.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

JointHorse posted:

Hey, guess who just reached the end of the LP thinking that hey, it must be over by now, and just read it in one go?

:tizzy:

For how many times this has happened, I think Tee should put some sort of disclaimer in the OP, lol.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
When the LP wraps up, are you going to move into LoR pretty quickly, Tee? Or is that going to be held off on for the game to be completed?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The Lord of Hats posted:

When the LP wraps up, are you going to move into LoR pretty quickly, Tee? Or is that going to be held off on for the game to be completed?

TQ wouldn't have to hold off. The Steam page for Ruina says they want to leave Early Access by this month, so the game should be done long before the LP finishes.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Does Angela only open her eyes when not reciting from the script?

quiznossubs92
Nov 8, 2010

I've heard bald is in this time loop.

quiznossubs92 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 7, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don’t plan to start Library of Ruina until after this LP is completed, and since it’ll take time to cover all the other Abnormalities, Challenge Mode, and the 100% ending l think the game will be pretty much complete before I get started with it.

quiznossubs92 posted:

I've heard bald is in this time loop.

bald-is-awesome! :buddy:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

TeeQueue posted:

I don’t plan to start Library of Ruina until after this LP is completed, and since it’ll take time to cover all the other Abnormalities, Challenge Mode, and the 100% ending l think the game will be pretty much complete before I get started with it.

bald-is-awesome! :buddy:

There's an actual separate ending for 100% anomaly completion? I was planning on starting Ruina after this ending, but I guess I'll hold off if that's a thing

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, 100% abnormality dissolution is required for one last scene, which I will be showing off.

It's up to you on if you want to hold off or not, given that it'll probably take me a while to finish showing all the abnormalities off-we're at 60% in my current end-of-game file.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I think holding off until you see that bonus scene is a good idea, personally.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 48: Story

Music: Intricate

With Abel defeated, the office has another meltdown.

It's… seen better days.

And so, it seems, has today's A.

We’ve become too cold to continue cherishing such a thing. No, in fact, we weren’t meant to bask in such warmth in the first place. You feel it too, don’t you? I can see you already feeling the nostalgia in the air right as you stepped into this room.

Those two doors that never wanted to be opened, but had to be.

We hear a knock.

Can I come in?

I wanted to pretend I wasn’t in the room… Because I knew what she was going to tell me. Sometimes, her thoughts could be extremely reckless.

Here we hear a door opening, and then footsteps.

Those eyes, soaked with red, as she had to endure cruel reality. She walked into your lab and started illustrating her hypothesis. Carefully, yet decidedly. You wanted to tell her it was preposterous, but like always, she had you persuaded. You had no choice but to admit it was the only way.

Was how much it hurt to listen to her put it so calmly, as if it were none of our business. And how much we loathed ourselves for just having to tolerate it.

Music: The song here isn't in the OST that I could find, so I made a video of the next bit. It goes from here through the next time we see A.

Music: None

Music: Deep Horror Underscore

She was on the edge. One more step would make her fall. Then that day, when Enoch’s breath stopped, she finally realized… That her path was always in her sight.

And she’d never lift her head again.

When we progress, the screen flows downwards.

Now we can hear water dripping.

Only the sound of flowing water filled the air… I just kept yanking the doorknob like I were insane. Yet I hoped it would never open…

There's also effects of yanking on the doorknob throughout this section. Project Moon really went above and beyond for Day 48.

When we click, we hear a door open again.

As the scene fades to white.

She stepped into the bath herself… So that not a fragment of needless emotion, like guilt, would pile up on us. I… we saw with our eyes, so clearly. She was bleeding out and delirious, but still she held on to life.

……

Why was she so cruel, and why did we have to become so cruel? We asked this question without an answer, to the toast that celebrated our success blossomed with death. However…

You have come to the right place. This is the room where she sleeps. Don’t worry, she won’t wake up with this much noise. Can you meet her again? Let’s do it like this.

The screen fades to black, before…

Music: My Inspiration

I have something I should confess. I actually have a much weaker heart than everyone thinks. I always say stuff like “count on me” and “just follow me” in front of everyone… But I’m never sure about the things I do. If anyone were harmed or put in trouble because of what I do… I would definitely be shaken and end up hating myself. I know that. That’s why I need to ask you for a favor.

We humans have weak hearts. One crack and it will easily crumble. I am no exception to this, but you… You’ll endure through it. There is only one way out, and it’ll never change. You know what I’m trying to say, right?

Are you unsure?

It’s like... being a plant, photosynthesizing. Ease up your tension, and just close your eyes… Yes, just like that. Make yourself as comfortable as possible, so that your mind finds itself comfortable too. It tickles, no? But just wait.

Music: None

Music: Gothic Mood

I was the only one who could fulfill her ideal. I was the only one who could finish it… Only me… However, she never told me this path of hers would be riddled with such vicious thorns and spikes…

…..

This bucket is the beginning and the end destination of this place. Cogito is endlessly produced here, spewing out life and death. When we saw that the bath was overflowing, we thought everything was over. However… We couldn’t have been more wrong.

She saw every path we walked.

She sacrificed everything of hers without a trace left behind, but I… You and I, we remember the things we’ve done to become a Wing, to stay a Wing. It was revolting at first. But you see how we acclimated to it after the first few times? We flawlessly realized our hideous actions just like all the other Wings.

The story of how human sacrifices are required to fulfill our ideal needed to be continued. So we had to put on the guise of simply being manic about energy production. Though we know the truth too well.

Probing and combing through the brain of a woman to blend into the world, to evade the Head and the Eye? Throwing a person into the jaws of a monster just to gain some energy? Reincarnating your colleagues just to make them live through the same agony again? Do you really think those are things any normal person would do...? Yet we closed up our eyes and ears, and numbed ourselves. We eventually felt nothing for what we do.

Does it really matter at this point? No, it doesn’t. We were wrong from the start, our very existence is wrong. You and I, all that’s left for us is atonement.

Music: Requiem

You know we didn’t meaninglessly embrace this pain. Tiphereth knew that a long time ago. I guess that’s why he always walked ahead of me. One day, I realized that you were also looking towards somewhere with a clear vision, just like he did. I just didn’t want to admit that I was lagging behind. I think that’s why I was always so frustrated.

That’s the reason why I said I’ll count on you, and hold expectation. Promise to show me someday… And show the world the fruit of our pain and labor.

You know what? Photosynthesis is for plants after all. Things that actually take sunlight. It was never for something like you and I. Don’t you know this already? We drove Carmen to death, we just saw that…

Music: One Way

It always felt like I’m missing something. But I never knew what that something was. I vented this anger of mine in a rather bad way, as you saw. This madness without purpose would never go away.

Look, we’re never going back to how it was before. The situation’s changed way too much. But I was able to keep my promise with her because you stopped me, at the very least. You also have to remember this. She would want you to protect what we have left, rather than just languish in guilt.

Yes, she entrusted us with what’s left. But we were not the person who Carmen thought us to be, no. The only person that believed in us was gone. There was no one left around us.

Of course, Carmen’s moving speech did pique my interest, not gonna lie. However, the decisive factor for me… It was because I liked how everyone here trusted Carmen. You know how meaningless the word “trust” is nowadays, don’t you?

Carmen trusted in you entirely until her moment of death. Everyone else who remained did too. Why do you think I decided to stick with you until the end? Just look around you now. Everyone gathered here just for you. And they’re waiting expectantly.

Carmen lies here, neither alive nor dead.

We are obliged to remain trapped in this cycle of eternal punishment. Yet still you want to reach for tomorrow? You want to escape this endless regret and atonement? There is one final door past here that wasn’t written in the story. It’s one I can’t open. It only opens to those who are not soaked in regret.

In summary: Abram reminds us of how Carmen outlined what they were going to do, Carmen was the one who everyone pinned their hopes on, Carmen was the one who offed herself so we could guiltlessly move forward with the project, Carmen was the one who made us promise not to stop until we were done… Basically, a lot of Carmen. He then shows us her new form as the bucket, before saying that our plan is meaningless and we should focus on atonement instead. Thanks to our ordeals in the Middle Layer, we're able to overcome his questions and move forward through a door which only opens to someone who "isn't soaked in regret."

You actually opened it…

I'm a man of many talents. You should know.

It won't matter. You shouldn't travel beyond here. There's nothing left for us… This trial will be the last. Then, at last… we can sink as we should have so long ago.

Maybe it's just because I'm a lot newer around here than you, but I don't think sinking is the play. We've got a job to do, and that's to bring everything to an end.

Bring everything to an end… Do you even know what the plan is?

...I am not clear on that yet, no.

Exactly. We're trapped doing heinous things for an eternity to accomplish her will, but you don't even know what the plan is anymore. Instead we just perform these atrocities day after day… and for a goal we can't hope to meet.

Oh, I can just tell you're going to be a joy to talk to all day. :sigh:

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Tiphereth's suppression continues to do nothing of note

Music: None. It's just some wind blowing.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 9, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

If I read that correctly, research before Carmen death was aimed at finding other source of Cogito. They knew that Carmen can produce Cogito, but they needed someone less useful to sacrifice for greater good. But they didn't find anyone. And after Enoch death Carmen killed herself and had been made into Cogito production factory.
But did she really killed herself? Or maybe it was not a coincidence that Enoch died? Could A kill Enoch to unsettle C and drive her to suicide, so her plan could be realised as she wished? Was the action described in last bit of -51 story done out of sorrow, or it was in celebration of the latest success?
Could A be even more of an rear end in a top hat than he is now?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MiiNiPaa posted:

If I read that correctly, research before Carmen death was aimed at finding other source of Cogito. They knew that Carmen can produce Cogito, but they needed someone less useful to sacrifice for greater good. But they didn't find anyone. And after Enoch death Carmen killed herself and had been made into Cogito production factory.
But did she really killed herself? Or maybe it was not a coincidence that Enoch died? Could A kill Enoch to unsettle C and drive her to suicide, so her plan could be realised as she wished? Was the action described in last bit of -51 story done out of sorrow, or it was in celebration of the latest success?
Could A be even more of an rear end in a top hat than he is now?

A doesn't need any more sins on his plate to be a monster.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ah hello horribly depressed A.

Anyways, with all this information I think we can kinda put together the timeline of what the hell happened to make things go straight off a cliff.

Enoch's death in the experiments causes Carmen to commit suicide.
A uses her body to access the well and start making Cogito.
Giovanni gets trapped in an endless coma as part of the experiments with Cogito.
Elijah really fucks things up and ends up dyin.
Gabriel goes insane in the wake of her death.
Michelle runs to the Head in fear of what happened.
The 27th of March happens and everyone but Benjamin and A die when Garion arrives.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I'll note that Carmen wasn't dead when A found her in the bath. She was still alive, albeit in critical condition and unlikely to survive without serious medical attention.

Take that as you will...but while it's pretty clear that her purpose was not to die, but to force everyone elses hand into using her for Cogito production, A chose not to save her.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 9, 2021

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll note that Carmen wasn't dead when A found her in the bath. She was still alive, albeit in critical condition and unlikely to survive.

Take that as you will.
Technically she is still alive. At least her brain is. And still in the bath, just a bigger one.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

everyone but Benjamin and A die when Garion arrives.
About that. I always wondered, where did our overly attached boyfriend disappear when A started playing house with brains of dead colleagues? Why did he had to sneak inside the facility? Why he wasn't spending time together with A, like he always wanted?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah this gets a :five: