Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Harry Potter 3 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
erase harry potter from history, damnatio memoriae.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Potter 007 Trek, very easy for me. I’d lose them even if it wasn’t an ultimatum

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I shoot Harry Potter three times.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Harry Potter, Jurassic Park and Avatar

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i expected more people to joke about how all the franchises should be destroyed

not like, sincere answers

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's implicit that they should all be destroyed, we're just chiming in with the three thought to be worst/most harmful

Harry Potter, MCU, Star Wars

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Harry Potter, MCU and Back to the Future because a modern Back to the Future would be so dreadful with nostalgia.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Lord of the Rings shouldn’t be destroyed. don’t be foolish

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

indigi posted:

Tell that to Elrond.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

I don't know how you could expect that to happen here.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bond mcu dc. bond is the easiest to cut i dont think theres a single person alive today who would actually miss it

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

bond mcu dc. bond is the easiest to cut i dont think theres a single person alive today who would actually miss it

Everything or Nothing was the best Bond media and it's a videogame.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

hello Bilbo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

after all. why shouldn’t I watch it?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

just watched hellraiser 2 and liked it a lot are any of the other eight (lol) movies in the hellraiser franchise worth watching ive heard theyre all really bad

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Farm Frenzy posted:

just watched hellraiser 2 and liked it a lot are any of the other eight (lol) movies in the hellraiser franchise worth watching ive heard theyre all really bad

the hellraiser movies worth watching are 1, 2, and candyman

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

babypolis posted:

now that you mention it, its kind of amazing they havent rebooted bttf. its like the one franchise it would actually make sense to reboot since you can do the same thing but with different time periods

BTTF, but Marty has to go back in time and make sure 9/11 happens, otherwise his parents don't start dating

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Marvel Harry Potter Jurassic Park Indiana Jones 007

Wait, what do you mean it can only be 3?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Aglet56 posted:

what's wrong with back to the future

their politics are pretty gross

That's why Crispin Glover wouldn't do more than one iirc

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the original bttf ending had marty surviving an atomic blast in a refrigerator like in crystal skull

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
That was a legit great part of crystal skull

Shame about the rest of the movie

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

5 has kungfu cowboys but that is all

Hellraiser has the worst sequel lineup since Wishmaster

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

5 has kungfu cowboys but that is all

Hellraiser has the worst sequel lineup since Wishmaster

Uh, Leprechaun?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

pentyne posted:

Uh, Leprechaun?

Do not insult Leprechaun In The Hood

Or the new one done by the dude that did Psycho Goreman. That one’s okay.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Leprechaun 2 is also okay I just really like how they tried to beat him at drinking and then fooled his stupid face with a chocolate coin before murdering him dead.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Blood Boils posted:

their politics are pretty gross

That's why Crispin Glover wouldn't do more than one iirc

i think crispin glover also wanted more money for the sequels, and when they refused, he bailed, which is totally fair. although it is funny given that his apparent complaint with the politics of the first movie was that marty is rewarded at the end by a bunch of materialistic crap; according to glover, true happiness shouldn't come from money, lol

anyways, the ending of back to the future 1 is obviously a little crass and consumerist, but i feel like it's not really that bad. marty's dad is loaded, sure, but he also gets to achieve his dream of being a scifi author and embrace his creative side. and the rest of the movie isn't (obviously) full of pro-capitalist messaging.

i honestly couldn't tell you what the politics of back to the future 2 are. ummm, it's at least a little bit racist towards japanese people? it has a very naive view of the sports betting world?

back to the future 3 is about as apolitical as a wild west movie can get. there's a pretty stereotypical scene of plains indians charging across the desert in the beginning. mainly the movie is about why you shouldn't get too worked up about people calling you chicken

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Marvel Harry Potter Jurassic Park Indiana Jones 007

Wait, what do you mean it can only be 3?

why would you consign Raiders and JP1 to the memory hole? they’re two of the most fun movies of all time. I’d argue they’re perfect adventure movies

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
what's your favorite spielberg movie

mine is munich

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Aglet56 posted:

what's your favorite spielberg movie

The Terminal

"is for goat!"

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Terminal

"is for goat!"

the terminal is one of the worst movies i've ever seen

edit: to make this not a shitpost, i hated the product placement, tom hanks's accent, and just the whole structure of the movie. maybe it's an important movie for some people and i don't wanna be a hater, but it was just not good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

favorite might be Minority Report. it’s got some pacing problems and the effects aren’t all the way there but it’s got so many fun setpieces and side characters. Peter Stormare as the shady hotel room surgeon *chefs kiss*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Aglet56 posted:

the terminal is one of the worst movies i've ever seen

edit: to make this not a shitpost, i hated the product placement, tom hanks's accent, and just the whole structure of the movie. maybe it's an important movie for some people and i don't wanna be a hater, but it was just not good

oh I agree it's not good, but it's a very memorable movie for me and I'm always down to watch it

___

actually, having just said "I'm down to watch it" now, something I think has changed with my media consumption habits is that I'm never just watching whatever movie happens to be on the TV - having to "settle" for whatever HBO has decided to put on at any given moment has gotten me to watch for more things than I think I'd otherwise actively pursue through, say, NetFlix recommendations

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

indigi posted:

why would you consign Raiders and JP1 to the memory hole? they’re two of the most fun movies of all time. I’d argue they’re perfect adventure movies

I misunderstood the rules. I thought it was permanently shelve any future projects, not completely eradicate them.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

bttf 3 is low key the best bttf, by that point all the actors have really grown comfortably into the characters and their chemistry is fuckin great, mad dog is the best tannen and it avoids pretty much all the weird politics of the first one or the dumb plot housekeeping of the second

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

bttf 3 is low key the best bttf, by that point all the actors have really grown comfortably into the characters and their chemistry is fuckin great, mad dog is the best tannen and it avoids pretty much all the weird politics of the first one or the dumb plot housekeeping of the second

And the Western setting probably does the best with the time travel/fish out of water conceits.

Serf
May 5, 2011

last night i watched "minari" which i thought was really good. very down to earth drama about rural communities and immigration from a point of view i hadn't seen before. great performances, too. i didn't think steven yeun had those dramatic acting chops. my only issue is that the daughter, anne, is the only character without an arc. she just kinda exists to give david, monica and soon-ja more character development and i think she ended up underdeveloped as a result

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

BttF is the only one worth keeping, but get rid of it too so there can't be any more.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

i like bond :smith:

i mean yea, he's an old british rapist who works for one of the most evil organizations in human history (the monarchy) but there's cool gadgets and volcano lairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Atrocious Joe posted:

i would trade them all in, movies and all, for just one more sweet drop of that zack snyder justice league