Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Use your scav whenever it's up, especially starting out. poo poo, I still do my scav all the time and probably spend more time on my scav than my PMC. I love the "zero to hero" aspect of Tarkov and you can do that very easily as a scav. You basically have innate stealth as a scav because other scavs won't attack you.

Do Reserve runs at night and make easy money. Just loot all the file cabinets, duffle bags, toolboxes and crates you find. You'll occasionally run into piles of bodies you can loot for weapons and gear too, but that will likely start happening as you figure out where the fights usually happen and where you are likely to find bodies. I basically just played my scav over the weekend while cleaning around the house and made 13-14 million.

FileNotFound posted:

You make the common newbie mistake of thinking that gear and wealth is the deciding factor in EFT fights.

Definitions of fun vary wildly. Some find it fun to actually run trash gear even when they have more money than they know what to do with because they find that more fun than meta gear.

Prior to this wipe, I started mid wipe and I actually enjoyed being the outgeared underdog hiding from chads and trying to avoid fights.

At this point with kappa and only quests left for me is killing shturman 5 more times and Killa ~90 more times - I spend most of my time running with other people still questing or seek out pvp. I am trash at pvp so having effectively infinite money is a great time to get better at pvp.

This is largely true. You can run the shittiest gun, no armor and as long as you have the right ammo and take your time, you can win fights against people with a million rouble loadout. Ammo and patience are the real key to beating Tarkov. You can rock one of those lovely AKs with the springs showing and as long as that bad boy is full of BP, you can win any fight. Slicks don't block the face and that million rouble Vector isn't gonna deflect bullets. If you wait out your opponent, take things slow and let them make the mistake of giving you the first shot, you'll win like 90% of your fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ShowTime posted:

This is largely true. You can run the shittiest gun, no armor and as long as you have the right ammo and take your time, you can win fights against people with a million rouble loadout. Ammo and patience are the real key to beating Tarkov. You can rock one of those lovely AKs with the springs showing and as long as that bad boy is full of BP, you can win any fight. Slicks don't block the face and that million rouble Vector isn't gonna deflect bullets. If you wait out your opponent, take things slow and let them make the mistake of giving you the first shot, you'll win like 90% of your fights.

god drat, this is like catnip to me. the possibility of doing this poo poo is what keeps me going. maybe i'll quit eventually if the frustration gets too high, but for now i'll just keep banging my head against the dorms wall. I'm gonna get that loving zippo.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I started a few weeks ago as well and if you go back a couple of pages you can see me making almost the exact same aggravated post. I had some of the guys on the goon discord help me through a couple of the dorms quest because they can be really brutal everybody loves to fight there.

That said, I know it sounds stupid, but everything is map knowledge. The good thing is is you just get killed all the time so there's not a lot to risk. And honestly even now where I'm level 35 and working on some higher level quests I still have better runs with crappy gear. It's more fun to just try and bum rush people and shoot them in the face with a pistol or a crappy shotgun with fleshette than to get poppped by a quite scav with a million ruble load out.

It's definitely a persistents issue. It took me 2 weeks to get to level 10 and next time I'll be able to do it in a weekend. Now I'm looking for magical ledxs. And getting slapped around by guys with thousands of hours in the game and hundreds of millions of rubles. And I take some of them with me sometimes.

If you want to play with somebody who also is not good at the game and will die with good gear on him regularly but knows a few maps and is also kind of helping some of my other buddies who are pushing for level 10 hit me up. I play most evenings and I find the large group play to be really really terrifying so duos and trios are the max I can handle because I spend all of my time worried about team killing.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 5, 2021

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

hazzlebarth posted:

The small tushonkas (Where you need 15 for "General wares") can be crafted in the hideout so that's not too bad.

True and thank god for that.
The big ones you need to unlock Jaeger can't be crafted and have a relatively low spawn rate...
These are the ones that were driving me crazy

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Hooplah posted:

god drat, this is like catnip to me. the possibility of doing this poo poo is what keeps me going. maybe i'll quit eventually if the frustration gets too high, but for now i'll just keep banging my head against the dorms wall. I'm gonna get that loving zippo.

Oh it's like crack to me. Having nothing and killing some chad still gives me goosebumps when it happens. It's why I love that zero to hero play style. A lot of people end up going in that direction because it's a whole different feeling than chad on chad violence. You'll see versions of done by streamers where they play hardcore. You only get to use what you make it out of the raid alive with. Yes, you get to use your stash, but you have to successfully get anything out of a raid to use it on a future raid. You die and it's gone. No traders, no flea market, etc.

Just last night I was on Reserve doing one of those night scav runs I mention. I go into the basement and can hear someone down there (that's the other thing about experience is you'll learn exactly what sounds mean what and often where). So I creep down there, listening for him and can tell he is down one of the side hallways. Suddenly, he peaks his little head out and I blast him with my shotgun. Blood all over the walls behind him, but I don't kill him. He backs up and tosses a grenade towards me, but no where really close to me. But I run away and then creep back towards him. He likely assumes i'm either gone or am flanking. The basement has all kinds of different ways in and out and if you know them you can really surprise people. But I just baited him into thinking that and am instead creeping back the exact same way I left. I wait for a bit and then bam, he pops his head out again and this time I blow his brains out. Vector, KS-23, Bastion, Korund and some meds. I beat him with patience.

Another player scav showed up about a minute later and I had to bounce because this scav somehow shot my leg out and severely damaged my arm and stomach. I didn't have pain meds or splints but was able to throw some grenades at him to back him off while I crept out a side tunnel and to the extract.

I play this game less so for the fair fights and certainly not the ones where I have the advantage, but the ones where I am at a disadvantage and win. Fair fights aren't super rewarding to me and the fights where I should have won but lose crush me emotionally. But the ones where I should have lost but won feel amazing and are why I play. I'm honestly on the brink of just resetting my account and playing hardcore, but I sometimes enjoy being able to go with a real heavy loadout and its hard to do that right now, this far into the wipe.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It’s good to hear other people are having the same struggles while being in the 30s that I’m currently having— I feel like I’m way behind the rouble curve and just spent a huge chunk to upgrade my hideout fully but that’s just some scav runs away. The last few nights have been awful for running in to parties or getting sniped from odd angles though, so I’ve been super pissed at the game. That and I went to cosplay Killa on IC as bullshit fun with a friend and didn’t even make it into the drat mall.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

You can run the shittiest gun, no armor and as long as you have the right ammo and take your time, you can win fights against people with a million rouble loadout.

My buddy and I, both running full chad kits both got dropped by AP 366 to the face a few nights back.

I was pleased to not get any of my gear on insurance that run - the guy earned it. We saw him wearing trash and figured he'd be an easy last needed kill for my friends Tarkov Shooter part 8.

We were wrong. He dropped my buddy, I went in to kill him and dump my friends gear in a bush and instead took a round through my exfil that cost more than that guys kit. All because I vastly underestimated a guy in trash gear.

Yesterday we went looking for PvP on customs. Killed a 3 man, ran into another 3 man, killed 2, but the last guy actually had the sense to flank us and unload his RPK into our stomachs and legs and we dropped dead. Once again, he earned our gear for sure...

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Bussamove posted:

It’s good to hear other people are having the same struggles while being in the 30s that I’m currently having— I feel like I’m way behind the rouble curve and just spent a huge chunk to upgrade my hideout fully but that’s just some scav runs away. The last few nights have been awful for running in to parties or getting sniped from odd angles though, so I’ve been super pissed at the game. That and I went to cosplay Killa on IC as bullshit fun with a friend and didn’t even make it into the drat mall.
I just did the same thing. I have been flat broke for weeks maxing out The hideout but now I have hit the part where the snowball is rolling.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Triple A posted:

All the unmodified 5.45 AKs are quite cheap on the flea market and you don't have to run the top-tier ammo all the time, as long as you don't use PRS or US because these two are just hot garbage and should only be used if your other option is to not be able to shoot at all. Just remember to keep costs down when choosing what mods you put into them. As for 7.62 AKs, the AKMS is amongst the cheapest full-auto guns you can buy in the game at the moment.

I'd really say you shouldn't use anything worse than 5.45 BT once you have flea access (and it's more than a week or so into a wipe), which is fine because it's usually very cheap on flea and usually "good enough" - there's almost no reason to ever use anything worse than it (and it's definitely one of the best immediate post-10 options if the wipe has been going on for any length of time)

100% seconding AKMS/AKMSN as an incredible budget option, its deficiencies vs. the other 7.62 AKs don't really come into play until you're much further into the game - 7.62x39 BP also is craftable enough that its price doesn't deviate too much from the vendor and if you're worried about the expense (which is reasonable at low levels) you can top magazines with 10-20 rounds of it and keep the others as PS (which is obviously dirt cheap and similarly "good enough" for the tail-end of mag-dumps where it'll come into play), and then just top up with extra BP you keep in your secure container

doing that gives you most of the benefits of running entirely BP but cuts down on your financial exposure because you're only loosing around half as much in ammo when you die (i.e. a 15/15 mix in 3 magazines means your only losing something like 45k in ammo if you get shot in the first 30 seconds of a raid, which isn't much when you consider it's about 4 slots worth of the lowest value loot you should be picking up)

also, in regards to pre-10:
I also dislike the base SKS (at least before access to larger magazines and/or a way to replace the iron sights), so I tend to do the first 10 levels using a combination of starting gear + cheapo SMGs + pistols that are used to mug scavs for their gear, and then just leveraging anything you can find or get to spawn on your scav ultra-rat style

you don't spend too long pre-10, but mostly just keep a lookout for whatever you can find that you'll be able to feed a useable amount of ammo - you'll absolutely make lucky finds + can farm raiders or certain maps for better ammo if you know what you're doing, but even if you're just running customs be on particular lookout for non-SKS 7.62x39 guns (easy to feed PS), MP-153 and Saiga shotguns (scavs carry magnum buckshot and other stuff is plenty usable), and .366 AP (since regular scavs now carry it), as you can keep using them until you die + someone loots your corpse and all of them give you at least a fighting chance

e: oh, and it can be hard if you're struggling for money (and especially if you don't have EOD's free trader rep), but strongly consider prioritizing raising Peacekeeper's level ASAP if you want more gun options, getting him to level 2 can be done as early as level 10 with nothing more than money and unlocks some very strong ammo choices and guns, and level 3 can be done at 18 and gives you access to legitimately top-tier ammunition (and weapons) that you'll be using for the entire rest of the game (you do need to complete the Friend from the West quests for Skier to get access to PK's quests to raise his rep enough to hit 3 though, which is why I recommend making a point of prioritizing doing what you need to level him up)

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I guess the real question is what is a good value ammo? Something that does well against say class 4, but doesn't cost 1K per round.

in addition to those previously mentioned and since I've just been talking about how good PK level 3 is, it's worth pointing out some of the extremely good budget options he provides:

*5.7x28 SS190 is ~420/round and used with two guns that are excellent out of the box (you can go even cheaper on ammo since there are multiple decent options but there's usually little reason not to use the very best with a Five seveN or P90)
*.45 AP at ~430/round (while obviously the Vector is the best platform for this round I actually usually use it in a UMP, most often as a backup gun for a bolt action rifle - the UMP isn't remotely a top tier weapon and I wouldn't use it at any real range due to the horizontal recoil and subsonic ammo, but up close it compares quite favorably to a very decked BT 5.45 AK at a fraction of the price)
*9x19 6.3 AP (~575/round and obviously beats level 4+ armor via volume of fire/headshots but has a variety of incredibly good low cost options to run it in)
*4.6x30 FMJ at ~278/round (the only problem with it is you need to be level 30 to get reasonable magazines for the guns from Mechanic, otherwise it's a fantastic budget round)

and of course this isn't considering the rounds that are more like 800 roubles (5.56 m855a1 and .300 AP)

like I said, getting level 3 PK opens up a lot of competitive + budget options

(before that + without quests level 2 PK is mostly notable for m80, which makes 7.62x51 guns viable to run and definitely falls into the cheap + effective against armor category you're seeking, and 9x19 Quake Maker which is both cheap and one of the better flesh damage/leg meta rounds)

e2: oh and don't forget about the 9x39 guns - scavs spawn enough VSS's that they're usually affordable on flea (~50k roubles), they don't require much if anything in the way of modding, and while 30 round magazines add a lot to that cost (bringing them in-line with other high end guns that have more flexibility), they're ok to run with 20's which are fairly cheap via Flea and Prapor (level 3 tho)

that's because all 9x39 ammo is disgustingly good, so while I and others generally spring for at least SP-6 (often found on flea for less than its ~915/round cost), SP-5 is only 236/round and while it might take a couple extra hits you're still fully capable of putting down the very heftiest of boys with a burst, and at 900 RPM the ttk difference often isn't hugely noticeable even if you're drilling directly into someone's Slick (which you don't need to do b/c of how stupidly high the flesh damage is)

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 5, 2021

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
A vector is only 100k and needs zero modding, if I was going to shoot 9mm I’d probably use that

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah Vectors are solid and need little more than a reflex sight and tac device to do a lot of work. Slap a Big Stick in it and its got enough bullets in a mag to kill a couple dudes in a row before a reload.

Decided to say gently caress it and start scaving Reserve, which I had never touched, for some decent loot off raiders. Got out of my first run with two Ghezls and a couple good helmets with faceshields, I'll take it. I'm not rich enough to run class 6 armor constantly yet so those Ghezls are always nice to find even if they repair like crap.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

A vector is only 100k and needs zero modding, if I was going to shoot 9mm I’d probably use that

it doesn't need it, but if you're running one there's usually zero reason not to spend at least another 30k on a silencer

but yeah they're the best, and if you're paying to run significant quantities of 7n31 there's zero reason to quibble about an extra 80k for your gun or whatever

if you're largely using AP6.3 for budget reasons I think there are still reasonable arguments for guns like the MP5SD and silenced MPX, which are ~60k and require similarly little/no modding (so about half the price) - but as good as they are laser-beaming faces, it's hard to deny that an extra 100-150 RPM makes a big difference if you're trying to shred armor

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Decided to say gently caress it and start scaving Reserve, which I had never touched, for some decent loot off raiders. Got out of my first run with two Ghezls and a couple good helmets with faceshields, I'll take it. I'm not rich enough to run class 6 armor constantly yet so those Ghezls are always nice to find even if they repair like crap.

Scav runs on Reserves at night at one of my main income sources. You don't even have to go for the big ticket items. Like I said earlier, just loot file cabinets, crates, duffel bags, etc and you'll piece together enough to make it a solid run. I sometimes just do that instead of going to the high traffic areas. A successful run of "junk" usually nets more than the risk of grabbing some high ticket items and fighting over it. It really depends on what you need though. If I need money, i'm grabbing junk and getting out. If I am good on money, i'll probably hit up those high traffic areas and try and fight for some more expensive stuff.

My personal goal is to zero to hero a Reserves run that results in the death of Gluhar & Co. I've gotten fairly close but I usually end up dying to some complete bullshit. Farthest i've gotten is 3 of his guards dead and looted, but then I died to the last guard shooting my face by firing through the undercarriage of a vehicle in the tunnels near the bunker hermetic door. It was some real James McAvoy from Wanted poo poo. Fucker definitely curved some bullets.

I'll probably do some Reserves loot runs when I get more keys and just extract from the cliff. Reserves has really good loot but the really choice stuff goes within the first couple of minutes.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Scav runs on Reserves at night at one of my main income sources.

Make a habit of hitting the weee wooo button if someone already hasn't.

Even if you don't intend to fight the raiders that may spawn, it seems that other player scavs cannot resist raiders and frantically try to kill them - generally they succeed in killing one or two and then die. Or you can help them die while they are looting.

Generally you can watch the show, then go loot the dead raiders and dead scav and walk to extract.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, I try too when i'm near it. My route often finds me on the other side of the map though. Lately i've been getting into runs with 15 minutes or less left, which is actually idea, but by then they've usually been spawned and killed. If I can't find them i'll try too, but then it comes down to time left. Also depends on my gear and what I have so far.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Scav runs on Reserves at night at one of my main income sources. You don't even have to go for the big ticket items. Like I said earlier, just loot file cabinets, crates, duffel bags, etc and you'll piece together enough to make it a solid run. I sometimes just do that instead of going to the high traffic areas. A successful run of "junk" usually nets more than the risk of grabbing some high ticket items and fighting over it. It really depends on what you need though. If I need money, i'm grabbing junk and getting out. If I am good on money, i'll probably hit up those high traffic areas and try and fight for some more expensive stuff.

My personal goal is to zero to hero a Reserves run that results in the death of Gluhar & Co. I've gotten fairly close but I usually end up dying to some complete bullshit. Farthest i've gotten is 3 of his guards dead and looted, but then I died to the last guard shooting my face by firing through the undercarriage of a vehicle in the tunnels near the bunker hermetic door. It was some real James McAvoy from Wanted poo poo. Fucker definitely curved some bullets.

I'll probably do some Reserves loot runs when I get more keys and just extract from the cliff. Reserves has really good loot but the really choice stuff goes within the first couple of minutes.

My second raid I found an AESA in five seconds and booked it out. Next one I killed two scavs and left with a paracord and tank shell along with their gear.

I like Reserve now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Bussamove posted:

My second raid I found an AESA in five seconds and booked it out. Next one I killed two scavs and left with a paracord and tank shell along with their gear.

I like Reserve now.

Where did you find it? I'm trying to learn all the AESA spawns because they often get overlooked. And sometimes you just spawn with really good stuff, but that's not limited to Reserves. I did spawn with an AESA on my first scav run this morning, but on my way to the extract I got killed. It happened to be a day time run, because it was during that period where the only available options are dawn and dusk. I pretty much only do Reserves at night if I can help it.

Edit: NVM, found a video of it. Something I should start memorizing.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 6, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Where did you find it? I'm trying to learn all the AESA spawns because they often get overlooked. And sometimes you just spawn with really good stuff, but that's not limited to Reserves. I did spawn with an AESA on my first scav run this morning, but on my way to the extract I got killed. It happened to be a day time run, because it was during that period where the only available options are dawn and dusk. I pretty much only do Reserves at night if I can help it.

One of the tanks to the north-east, it was on one of the big white water containers next to it.

In the red rectangle, thereabouts.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 6, 2021

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's good to know because that wasn't in the video I watched. I guess there are tons of spawns that get missed. They can basically spawn around any of the burned out tanks, from what this video showed me, what i've found and now what you've found. I also didn't realize Reserves is the only map they spawn on.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

ShowTime posted:

That's good to know because that wasn't in the video I watched. I guess there are tons of spawns that get missed. They can basically spawn around any of the burned out tanks, from what this video showed me, what i've found and now what you've found. I also didn't realize Reserves is the only map they spawn on.

I found one on the top floor of either black or white knight once, on a table. Pretty sure it was black knight but it was before I had a super solid grasp of the map so I can't be 100%. Definitely one of the two.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mischievous Mink posted:

I found one on the top floor of either black or white knight once, on a table. Pretty sure it was black knight but it was before I had a super solid grasp of the map so I can't be 100%. Definitely one of the two.

It's possible. There is one in White Knight in the third floor room with all the weapon attachments. It spawns on a chair though. There are also 2 intelligence folder spawns in there, at least.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

LGD posted:

it doesn't need it, but if you're running one there's usually zero reason not to spend at least another 30k on a silencer

but yeah they're the best, and if you're paying to run significant quantities of 7n31 there's zero reason to quibble about an extra 80k for your gun or whatever

if you're largely using AP6.3 for budget reasons I think there are still reasonable arguments for guns like the MP5SD and silenced MPX, which are ~60k and require similarly little/no modding (so about half the price) - but as good as they are laser-beaming faces, it's hard to deny that an extra 100-150 RPM makes a big difference if you're trying to shred armor

I would actually argue the opposite although your logic is solid. You can load the vector with ap6.3 since the high rate of fire means 7n31 is actually overkill. I would use the 7n in the slower RoF guns like the MPX and the MP5SD. All of them are really good and fun. When you have peacekeeper 2 you can actually make a 35-40 recoil MPX without breaking the bank which is a very fun and satisfying gun to use.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

I am majorly stuck on Sanitary Standards part II. Are there any almost guaranteed spawns for gas analysers?

I feel like I have looted 30+ tech crates, countless toolboxes and I've run the tech stores and OLI a dozen times. I think I found one in a stash somewhere and another in a filing cabinet but died before exfil.

The fixed-spawn fetch quests (Checking, Delivery from the Past etc) I've done in one attempt, but this RNG stuff is giving me a headache. Jaeger's ones were also ridiculous. I think I must have opened 20+ ration crates to find the final stew that I needed.

VVVVV The biggest collection of those are the bunker on Reserve, right?

Right behind the idea computer room is a small storage room full of tech spawns (if your at the front door of idea, the pc room is on your left), I've seen gas analysers on the shelves there on probably like 30% of my runs. I've even seen them just sitting on a desk in that same pc room.

Otherwise filing cabinets, the reserve underground is full of cabinets.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Did they change something with loot spawns on Shoreline? I feel like I've come across a ton more geared-up players and duos/trios there than I have in quite some time.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Nothing i've seen but likely either just luck of the draw or people are looking for red keycards now that their are mostly done questing, getting kappa, etc. Red keycard is basically end-game, at least in my eyes.

Does anyone use laser sights or gotten so used to point firing they are more of a detriment than anything else? I still like a good flash light to blind the other player, but i've gotten really good at point firing now I can nail headshots without using the iron sights. Seems like all i'm doing with the laser point now is point out where I am and where i'm looking to other players. I'd likely only use now if i'm playing with other people and i'm at night to use the infra red beam.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Bussamove posted:

One of the tanks to the north-east, it was on one of the big white water containers next to it.

In the red rectangle, thereabouts.

I just found this one thanks to you telling me about it. I spawn there all the time as a scav and never check it. Spawned right by and checked it and there it was. I promptly lost it because I decided to leave, the alarm started going off and a PMC popped onto my screen. He stood still aiming at another scav, so I shot him in the face and he turned and killed me.

All good though. They've dropped considerably in value. I've been able to make so much money lately that i'm starting to feel like unless I can make a ton of money, it's not worth doing. A mil can be lost and gained so quickly that it's almost not worth doing for that much. If I get something really valuable very quickly, for sure I might as well leave because that's a million roubles gained in a couple minutes, but otherwise, I think i'm starting to come around to the idea of going all or nothing.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Happy to help! Apparently they can also spawn down in those bunkers from what I’ve heard.

And yeah, unless I get something worth a ton immediately if I’m scavving I’ll go until I’m full to the gills or I get blapped. You can make just as much scrounging up those Ammo boxes of BS, bolts, and nails as trying to find those big ticket items.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I used to find OFZ Shells and Paracords down there but haven't found anything this wipe. And ammo really adds up. I cleaned up my ammo boxes earlier, selling off all the ammo for guns I don't use and pocketed 1.7mil. That's just from ammo for the guns I don't use. I even undercut most prices by 200roubles. Ammo can result in a big chunk of a run.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 7, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There’s definitely ammo to keep an eye out for that’s pretty common. 545 BS, SNB, stuff like that. They’re all over the place and BS reliably sells for 1600 a round on the flea.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
People are claiming there was a ban wave today and they banned a bunch of people using radar hacks. Haven't seen anything official, but people are claiming they some of the cheater forums are talking about it.

Edit: I'd also like to compile a list of the modded weapon spawns on Reserve if anyone has found any. I'll start taking screenshots when I find them. It's the one thing I was looking for and couldn't find, but I play Reserves enough I can start checking on them and compiling info. They are usually pretty good guns and come with nice attachments and ammo. I know of three:

In King, in the basement just before you enter the underground area, the room that begins open (has a dufflebag and some other random loot) has a modded weapon on the couch in the corner.
In Queen there are two: the first one is in the dome itself on a cot. The second is on the third floor in a room overlooking the cliff extract. It spawns in a crate or on top of a crate (been awhile since I found it).

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 7, 2021

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Currently locked out of the game by an IP error. Solutions include “unplug your modem for 5 minutes plus” and “ask your ISP for a new IP address. Swell lol

Edit: I am a dope they are doing backend maintenance

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lol, maintenance is finished but now it appears anyone with comcast is unable to log in

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Malefitz posted:

True and thank god for that.
The big ones you need to unlock Jaeger can't be crafted and have a relatively low spawn rate...
These are the ones that were driving me crazy

scav house, usec camp, scav hills between usec and sniper bridge, both villages.

the next one's fun to try and do where you're planting stuff in extracts that contain fuel spawns...

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

pnutz posted:

scav house, usec camp, scav hills between usec and sniper bridge, both villages.

the next one's fun to try and do where you're planting stuff in extracts that contain fuel spawns...

I ended up finding mine in a crate at scav bunker and I think in the buildings near northern UN roadblock on Woods. Still took me way to many Woods runs to get these. I also almost dies when getting the last one, I wrote the story a few pages back.
This being my first (serious) wipe and all just made it a bit more intense.

The other quest where you have to plant the stuff was just annoying because I didn't realize I had to plant each item individually and they weren't all planted at once.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Malefitz posted:

The other quest where you have to plant the stuff was just annoying because I didn't realize I had to plant each item individually and they weren't all planted at once.

Yeah I did the exact same thing and haven't played woods since because it pissed me off that I could have easily done it if the stupid janky game had told me I only planted one of the two items. "Place" should be fixed to say "place water" or "place lunchbox".

Also it's pretty frustrating to have all the quests to kill scavs on woods and there are like zero scavs on that map. I think in a total of about 10 runs I encountered only 7 scavs and only managed to do the unarmored 5-kill quest.

Woods is a lovely map and I don't like it at all. I wish more early quests were on interchange or shoreline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah I did the exact same thing and haven't played woods since because it pissed me off that I could have easily done it if the stupid janky game had told me I only planted one of the two items. "Place" should be fixed to say "place water" or "place lunchbox".

Also it's pretty frustrating to have all the quests to kill scavs on woods and there are like zero scavs on that map. I think in a total of about 10 runs I encountered only 7 scavs and only managed to do the unarmored 5-kill quest.

Woods is a lovely map and I don't like it at all. I wish more early quests were on interchange or shoreline.

I don't really know why they don't spawn on one half of the map, but they do have fairly consistent spawns these days... UN Camp thing, two bunkers, scav house, check point, scope house, mill, new village with the blue fence.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

People are claiming there was a ban wave today and they banned a bunch of people using radar hacks. Haven't seen anything official, but people are claiming they some of the cheater forums are talking about it.

You can check the big forums yourself, elitepvpers and unknowncheaters forums ware full of reports. Some of the 'seller' threads were outright getting deleted because I suppose it didn't look good when they were turning into people posting "detected" and "banned" over and over....

All 3 big radar providers for EFT got hit. Smurda, Clutch and Slate all got banwaved.

Software based radar is currently dead until they work out another way to read the decryption key that isn't detected yet.

Hardware radar is still mostly undetected - BE bans default firmwares and some customs - but most are still undetected - moot point though cause DMA cards even at $300+ are sold out. So radar is effectively dead.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Can anyone reconmmend cheap gun builds for early on? Pestily recommended the SKS, but I just can't use it so I've given up there. I am liking the PP-19. You can get one with a suppressor and reflex for about 45K all-in, but the problem is I think PST GZH doesn't do much against class 3+ armours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80r3hngeGuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkAm9eY9SlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SABA2bz_rfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjTYIicMu9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcq1KBwN9o

Take your pick. I trust both of these content creators.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also, ammo. It's less about guns and more about ammo. AP 6.3 is a pretty decent round and you should be using that in the PP-19-01 instead of PST. This is assuming you are level 10 at least and have the flea market. If you don't, then, yea I guess you are stuck with what you can get. If you can get to lvl 10, I had great success using RIP ammo with the PP-19-01 and just going leg meta. I enjoyed the PP-19-01 because you could get one suppressed for like 100k, which is right around the price you want to pay early on.

Leg meta is the best for early on. Get a shotgun and just gently caress them up from the knee down.

If you let me know what level you are and what lvl traders you have I can recommend some more guns. I love, love, love modding weapons in this game and often just spend hours buying a gun and modding it out to see what I can do. Modding weapons is one of my favorite things in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the MP-153 with 8.5mm buckshot. The shells are cheap (basically free if you have Jaeger 2) and a single buckshot will head-eyes instantly. You can technically two shot to the legs as well if you run into someone wearing a face shield. Running stock it's like 25 or 30k (you definitely want an extended mag though), but a lot of people throw up scav weapons with all the mods still attached onto the flea. Works extremely well on Factory as you would probably imagine.