Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

also, uh, don't ask what Turkish Uyghurs did during the Syrian civil war

i havent seen any google earth photos of demolished churches on bellingcat, so im going to assume they were cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mawarannahr posted:

i believe at least some of this is being supported at different levels (openly diplomatic to clandestine material support) by, at the very least, turkey, and the US state department, looking for another "moderate rebels to support" angle. it could be useful to examine what has happened in these countries and their relations to china over the psat few years.

this article from 2016 has a pretty decent summation of what had happened to that point and Turkey's apparent involvement. Jamestown seems to be pretty anti-communist but the article is deece afaict

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Most are wearing bullet proof vests rated to stop pistols probably. I doubt they're just walking the jungle in level 4 plates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSq-yZcJ-4

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

200,000,000 views what the christ

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
just making millions of dollars off of pre verbal infants

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

reminds me of this assassination during the Syrian Civil War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Said_Ramadan_al-Bouti

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

KaptainKrunk posted:

wow liberals cucked by the US and capital don't do anything about wealth inequality getting replaced by conservatives who don't do anything about wealth inequality but successfully portray the liberals as being distributionists?

Always funny to see poo poo like this and remember it's all the Hong Kong protesters want.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://theins.ru/politika/240824

quote:

Although the number of troops deployed is clearly insufficient for an invasion, and weather conditions will not allow the Russians to attack with a broad front, the Ukrainian authorities are seriously preparing to repel a possible attack

https://theins.ru/en/politics/240830

quote:

As it stands now, we have not seen any obvious signs of an imminent invasion (such as Russian convoys next to the border itself, like one seen by British reporter Shaun Walker in August 2014). The currently available data would allow us to agree with various pundits who have stated that the troops are being transferred to intimidate the Ukrainian government (which has recently taken bold steps against Ukrainian politicians and groups seen as Russia's “agents of influence”), and also to “test the resolve” of the new administration in Washington.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/nathanlawkc/status/1379166772696322050

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Would Ukraine be better under the nazis or Putin? No they would be best as an American colony

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wait...he is quoting himself.

In his tweet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

Would Ukraine be better under the nazis or Putin? No they would be best as an American colony

King Solomon style

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

When you think about it, family courts splitting custody is basically solomon style

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the nazis get Ukraine every other weekend, the Russians get them alternating weeks with thursday as a floating day between them depending on work,

THS
Sep 15, 2017

who does ukraine spend christmas with

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THS posted:

who does ukraine spend christmas with

Finland, somehow

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Wait...he is quoting himself.

In his tweet.

well no one else was going to do it why do you think that tweet is so old

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

how much freedom did they have when hong kong was a british colony? for some reason i don't think the crown would let people vote away the british governor

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
A lot of countries in the current century that are still not spend nearly enough time on development and growth and spend way too much time on civil war in-fighting, can be track back to post World Wars period when their state borders were incorrectly drawn by the former colonial powers.

See Iraq and Syria got stuck in their slow boil endless wars. Also see Myanmar, which is a very notable exception in Asia that is still spend way too much energy on in-fighting. The "Upper Myanmar" hilly area really shouldn't be part of Myanmar. It was the British's fault that they drew the border lines without much consultation from the remote regions, and they did it again in India. But the Brits didn't finished the Indian border, the South Asians took the knife from the Brits and finished the cutting themselves.

In the past, I have given India a lot of poo poo for having weird economic policy, development model, populist agenda etc. But I got to give credit to the early nation founders who gave the Northeastern India and Southern India enough space to self rule that no major rebellions have erupted in these regions, even though historically they were never ruled by a central government. This is part of state building that the India did well and Myanmar have never gotten it right.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
your not allowed to change line on the map after WW2. WW2 is the last time things are allowed to change, everything must remain the same forever now.

those line were drawn by the queen of england and they are sacred :colbert:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/HerbScribner/status/1380139766893580292

help i cant tell if this is good or bad

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

gently caress the rich.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/27khv/status/1379885690083635202

animist
Aug 28, 2018

entirely reasonable tbh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is Russia's fault, somehow

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if you want constructive diplomatic relations with a country, you have to surround it with military bases and missile systems

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

The Chinese Communist party is diligently working to lure billionaires into a false sense of security. Once they have controlled all billionaires they can eliminate them in one fell swoop.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is there a video game with mechanics that let you do that because that sounds like an obscure video game mechanic

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

is there a video game with mechanics that let you do that because that sounds like an obscure video game mechanic

Pandemic 2?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Benagain posted:

The Chinese Communist party is diligently working to lure billionaires into a false sense of security. Once they have controlled all billionaires they can eliminate them in one fell swoop.

Nah, they are just taxing them.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Some Guy TT posted:

Rome: Total War had this mechanic where your cities would get more and more miserable until you allowed them to rebel, then massacred the inhabitants when you retook the city. There was no other way to manage public order long-term.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

belated thought on the korean mayoral elections its worth noting that the technocratic centrist hosed over the liberal in the seoul race by deciding to endorse her right wing opponent

the liberals have seen this and naturally sussed out the only logical explanation for how this could happen clearly its because young men are just too sexist

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i warned you dawgs i warned you that south korea was going to hell and thats why im trying to get out

not that i think anyone actually disbelieved me mind you im mainly trying to emphasize that anyone who tells you this was a surprise is either ignorant or a damned liar

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

rent/food/gas prices soar in X place; young people protest or don't vote for the liberal party

hong kong: it is freedom
seoul: hmm MeToo sexism very worrying
france: the russians, sexism, anti-immigration
the entire middle east: finally they want freedom

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CSIS/status/1379860272790171648

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/hyunsuinseoul/status/1380046967485558787

i dont think theyre doing this right arent you supposed to save money when you own the libs by tricking them into thinking theyre being environmentally conscious

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Vasukhani posted:

200,000,000 views what the christ

thats incorporated into Khan Acadeny Kids

animist
Aug 28, 2018
children's media is generally weird and repulsive to adults. have you ever sat down and watched Teletubbies? it's like a david lynch film

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
this seems big

https://twitter.com/rapplerdotcom/status/1380181325798313984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Nah, they are just taxing them.

Lol

This is good, palm oil plantations are awful and they're tearing up actual good trees to put these worthless ones in their place