Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

:captainpop:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1379533371387351049

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looking forward to seeing them take less than that next season!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
CONCACAF Handbags
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1379947287582011392?s=21

That player only received a yellow card, lol

sticksy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 8, 2021

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Love how the tackled dude is just lying there alone. All of his teammates are busy fighting and nobody asks him how he's doing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

shut up blegum posted:

Love how the tackled dude is just lying there alone. All of his teammates are busy fighting and nobody asks him how he's doing.

Big Philly energy

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Also the physics can’t even be bothered to come on the pitch, like they’re waiting for the ref to say it’s ok or something. Think he’s a bit busy lads, I think you’ll be fine

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah this is definitely the best part, he's rolling around moaning and nobody cares because they're too excited to get in a fight.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Also the physics can’t even be bothered to come on the pitch, like they’re waiting for the ref to say it’s ok or something. Think he’s a bit busy lads, I think you’ll be fine

Probably didn't want to get yelled at by Mourinho again

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Purple 11 taking an opportunity to elbow the ref in the back of the head on the way past was my favourite bit.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
94th minute as well, just outstanding behaviour

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FootyRustling/status/1380241682671751178

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

VAR Decision:

ONSIDE - GOAL

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Slotducks posted:

VAR Decision:

ONSIDE - GOAL

Goalscorer is onside when the shot is taken

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at michael owens autobiography

https://twitter.com/GraceOnFootball/status/1380298647850655745?s=20
https://twitter.com/GraceOnFootball/status/1380303625335959552?s=20

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticksy posted:

CONCACAF Handbags
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1379947287582011392?s=21

That player only received a yellow card, lol

https://twitter.com/Rehder1/status/1379978376396615680?s=20

absolutely this should become the logo lmao

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

that's what parody is, michael

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

michael owen follows the big sam and boring milner twitters and thinks they’re both 100% real

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

(part of me believes the big sam one is actually big sam pretending to be a parody of himself, like that gif of sting wearing a sting mask)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He doesn't watch films because he doesn't understand people's love of fiction, the nuance of parody was always going to be beyond him

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just wanted to asking this was the galaxy brain who doesn't understand why people watch film because it's all made up lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, literally who buys and reads this lol

"We thought Madrid was like a beach resort. Turns out it's a landlocked city. People live there and do things. Our existence was functional"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:pusheen: this is sensational

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He had never tried a cup of tea

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bape Culture posted:

He had never tried a cup of tea

Or coffee

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s such a weird little freak I hate him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

He’s such a weird little freak I hate him.

You should be nicer to kwagga.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He’s so exquisitely terrible. Jesus.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Absolutely mad how much I loved Michael Owen banging them in for England when I was growing up and the extreme dislike I feel for him as a human being now. It’s not like he has any interesting stories to tell, either, from an era of football I devoured at the time. Just a dull, weird man.

And he killed a builder.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

Absolutely mad how much I loved Michael Owen banging them in for England when I was growing up and the extreme dislike I feel for him as a human being now. It’s not like he has any interesting stories to tell, either, from an era of football I devoured at the time. Just a dull, weird man.

And he killed a builder.

Top sports people are just top competitors we should stop holding them up as role models.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Whilst that is completely fair, I think not killing builders is a low bar we should expect sportsmen and women to clear.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Footballers autobiographies solely exist to fill charity shop shelves.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Jippa posted:

Top sports people are just top competitors we should stop holding them up as role models.

britishbornandbread posted:

Whilst that is completely fair, I think not killing builders is a low bar we should expect sportsmen and women to clear.

:hmmyes:

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Footballers autobiographies solely exist to fill charity shop shelves.

The only one I've read is Robbie Fowler's and the only vaguely interesting thing I learned is that he hosed up his back and was out for a few months after insisting on going in goal in training and trying to do René Higuita's Scorpion Kick.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Agreed on not killing builders.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Jippa posted:

Agreed on not killing builders.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have just been watching this video about how all top athletes are on drugs and how the industry covers it all up so kids still look up to them. That is why I had that on my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Strawman posted:

The only one I've read is Robbie Fowler's and the only vaguely interesting thing I learned is that he hosed up his back and was out for a few months after insisting on going in goal in training and trying to do René Higuita's Scorpion Kick.

Carragher's autobiography was decent. If nothing else, revealing that he almost let his friends attack Lucas Neill in revenge for a tackle that broke his leg is pretty ballsy.

Didi Hamann's book wasn't as good, but he does go pretty deep into his gambling addiction.