Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Post your barbarian builds mine all suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I don't like the Rampage build so this version instead uses Encourage to get the Rage buff you need to maintain for the build to work. Just make sure you reapply Encourage before it runs out or you're screwed. Barbarian doesn't really work if you don't have all the masteries and sets you can synergising which you need a Rage buff to maintain. The Golden set is recommended for the stun immunity as well as the speed and other bonuses. You don't want any dodge at all, you want to be getting hit. This build takes less damage when under rage, less damage the lower health she has and auto-blocks every attack when under 33%. I've boosted her HP as much as I can to help with that. You revive on death as well and are immune to physical debuffs. Taking damage lowers her AT and she runs at them to attack them due to Wildcat Engine, which is super fun and can be really strong so I worked that in. You also get buffs and bonus speed on kills so it can take a while to ramp up but when it does you can crack 200 speed with hero, trance etc active on her.

I'm not sure if they buffed the Destrons or I just got unlucky because they were able to beat my Alisa when I played last week. Previously I felt she could handle them really well, but against pretty much anything else she becomes invincible as long as they don't 1-shot her.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Mar 23, 2021

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I like that! It has a very high base speed, so she should still go fast without Rampage proccing and Encourage is a good choice for keeping the rage effects going. Have to say I also used the Cleaning Agent's boots for the longest time with Alisa, Golden Set is cool, but you don't need that for Stun immunity, as that's covered by Physical Immunity. I do like Rampage, so here is another variant.

This one shares Final Resistance and the core Barbarian Sets with Nephthys' build, but my equipment focus is on +HP so Alisa has a wider range to activate her low health bonuses and that is reflected in my choice for Regular Exercise too, so this build is somewhat tankier, but is less effective when Rampage is not active. Quick Grasp of the Situation is also there to supplement her AT management and Forestallment doesn't really hurt her AT much thanks to the other Barbarian stuff on hit. While Rampage is an option, you don't have to use it all the time and should be extremely careful with triggering that, only use it if she's flying solo or when she's in the middle of a large group of enemies, if she rampages into the party when at low HP she will put everyone out of action.

I hope the increased level limit by the end of the DLC eventually gives her an extra Support or Ability Slot so I can fit Twilight of Pain there for a sweet -20 AT when she's at low health.

I have no justification for her having a Vigor potion equipped.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

If I'm going to give this a shot coming from XCOM, what are some things I should know? I'm not afraid of Engrish or anime styling, just mainly interested comparisons of tactical depth or the style of gameplay encouraged/required.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the game kind of sucks until you get more party members, so just go straight through the story until you get a few.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Akratic Method posted:

If I'm going to give this a shot coming from XCOM, what are some things I should know? I'm not afraid of Engrish or anime styling, just mainly interested comparisons of tactical depth or the style of gameplay encouraged/required.

Play on hard and use the "more masteries" company expertize. Don't burn yourself out grinding at low levels but also don't be afraid of doing some side stuff to get gear now and then.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Akratic Method posted:

First thing is to put the game on hard. The game has the opposite difficulty curve to XCOM, so its early missions are very easy (specially coming from XCOM 1 & 2) while the endgame is legitimately challenging as you accumulate bullshit powers and so do the enemies.

The campaign layer is mostly mission selection and character customisation, with crafting you might as well ignore until the post-game and only do it if you're a completionist. I would suggest sticking with Requests (pop-up missions from characters) and the Scenario (Red) missions at first, as you can do the Ordinary (Blue) and Violent (Purple) cases at your leisure on Challenge mode (a setting which increases enemy levels in proportion to your own) with a full party and it is more fun to dismiss the cops and just do them with your team when it is filled up. The characters are set, but are highly customizable with a lot of different masteries, subclasses and ability choices.

In the tactical layer, initiative is similar to Chimera Squad and there are a lot of abilities to manipulate that. More powerful abilities also often increase the time until your next action, so it is something to consider at high levels of play. Cover, line of sight, movement, even the UI are all very similar to the XCOM games, so your experience will transfer smoothly, though be aware that melee combat is much more common. The Police Suppressors that you often get as allies are essentially XCOM Squaddies, with suppression and overwatch abilities, plus utility grenades, so feel free to use them in the exact same way, including ambushing inactive enemy pods.

The game has the "Stop Wasting My Time" mod from XCOM as a QoL feature in the options menu (also a lot of other QoL features there, check it out and see what you like), so I'd suggest increasing action speed for everyone after initial impressions, because the latter missions have a lot of enemies. The game has no save function, but it will auto-save when you leave and there are checkpoints in case you fail a mission.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Also the penalties for failing are very mild and there is no permadeath.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Awesome, thanks! I'd finished with Chimera Squad and definitely needed another tactics fix. I'll put it on Hard, and then see how spicy I can get with aggressive moves before I stop winning missions, given the lack of permadeath.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Post your barbarian builds mine all suck.

The argonaut variant I use:

It basically gives you permanent overcharge as long as you're under 33% health. Overflowing spirit gives another 50% damage reduction in overcharge. Between that, her barbarian damage reductions, damage reductions from final resistance blocking everything, barbarian/personal mastery cooldown reductions, and lunatic beast AT reductions, she's an almost unstoppable monster that's throwing out overcharge moves every single turn. Just gotta let her get low on health first.

All the extra attack mastery crap is just because I got tired of thinking at the end and just wanted her to hit what she's swinging at. I probably don't need prior planning since I can just use the overcharge move that can't be dodged every turn and call it a day. I'll take it off the next time I feel like thinking.

ZearothK posted:

Alchemist Ray with the Scholar masteries is really fantastic if you want to train beasts/drones. Haven't tried to use her potions upgrade though, so let us know how that goes.

I tried it for like 2 missions and immediately went back to not caring about them again lol. Being able to force overcharge with excitement potions is kinda cool I guess but there's no one I'd want to use that on except Kylie cuz she basically can't overcharge on her own as engineer. The problem is she also has no AT reduction as engineer so actually using her overcharge ability is probably the worst decision I could make in any given mission.

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 24, 2021

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hot drat, I completely slept on Argonaut, that's an awesome set to put on Barbarian Alisa.

And yeah, I feel Engineer Kylie's only real advantage is giving her drones more attacks (but all my drones already turn into turrets from all the supporting fire), Consecutive Attack and being capable of equipping both Multi-Calculation Device and Golden Feather.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

ZearothK posted:

Hot drat, I completely slept on Argonaut, that's an awesome set to put on Barbarian Alisa.

And yeah, I feel Engineer Kylie's only real advantage is giving her drones more attacks (but all my drones already turn into turrets from all the supporting fire), Consecutive Attack and being capable of equipping both Multi-Calculation Device and Golden Feather.

Her damage vs robots is absurd too. Attack protocol will destroy any robot in the game in one turn. Red and white will need a flanking bonus or emp for enough crits and black needs both emp and consecutive attack but still. I know hacker can remove most robots as a threat in a different way but taking out a named bicron from 10 tiles away like you were hitting some no defense sniper standing out in the open is incredibly fun.

I do like the fuel reduction for incineration drones but I could probably just have separate hacker drones with self destruct to save me the effort of having to recall them cuz they will hit empty immediately.

I think it’s ultimately just a play style thing though. I almost always run dual incineration and I’d rather keep them out the whole mission than summon more. I also prefer destroying robots to hacking. Congrats dandelion I guess for having a character where both classes are good.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, you can add "--translation volunteer" to the Launch Options (Properties->General->Launch Options) to enable the translation supporter sub-menu, which should add a button to the left bottom corner of the screen to suggest corrections. It shows up when you press "esc" and during story vignettes.

There is also a forum thread, which Dandylion stays on top of.

Hey, thanks a lot for that ! I'd been meaning to offer them some help but the sheer amount of work had held me back (and, yanno, the fact that I don't speak or read a lick of Korean, so puzzling out the meaning of particularly mangled sentences is problematic). Being able to throw in my $0.02 piecemeal as I play is fantastic... or would be if it didn't immediately crash the game more often than not :/.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is some rough bits but giselle calling her pets "little fellows" is perfect

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, Barbarian Alisa friggin' owns, pretty much my one character that is Sniper, Destron, Draki and Spider-Hell certified without needing to change builds to kick rear end against any of those threats.

Alchemist Ray with the Scholar masteries is really fantastic if you want to train beasts/drones. Haven't tried to use her potions upgrade though, so let us know how that goes.

On that note, is there any way to get better gear for her that isn't crafting? That default sword of hers is kinda long in the tooth out the gate

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You need to craft zweihanders.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Speaking of crafting, is there like a primer on it somewhere? I don't know where to find like Gems or things like that, nor do I know how to open up higher tiers of crafting. Also some quests had a choosable reward like "Costume Crafting Expertise", is that like skill experience or something?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MotU posted:

Speaking of crafting, is there like a primer on it somewhere? I don't know where to find like Gems or things like that, nor do I know how to open up higher tiers of crafting. Also some quests had a choosable reward like "Costume Crafting Expertise", is that like skill experience or something?

I don't know about the latter, but the Shooter Street quests are meant to teach you how to find materials, though you can theoretically buy everything and craft from lower level stuff to greater ones. You increase the tier of materials and items you can make by crafting the lower level stuff, mostly. This has been made a lot easier than it used to be, as you now only need to make things once or twice to make it stick. Most of my materials in the post-game actually come from dismantling every single equipment I am not using, to be honest.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the easiest way to get into crafting is to cheat in money and just buy all the materials.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Speaking of crafting stuff, is there an easier way to get more training manuals than just crafting them? I never thought it'd happen, but I'm finally starting to run low. 50 manuals or so per board reset adds up FAST, man.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Transient People posted:

Speaking of crafting stuff, is there an easier way to get more training manuals than just crafting them? I never thought it'd happen, but I'm finally starting to run low. 50 manuals or so per board reset adds up FAST, man.

You can buy them, from the weapon salesman in the Silverlining bar IIRC (can't check right now).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I just got the engineer and the robot crafting seems a tab overwhelming? Are Robots good to use or should I be using her hacker class instead?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MotU posted:

I just got the engineer and the robot crafting seems a tab overwhelming? Are Robots good to use or should I be using her hacker class instead?

Robots can be super good, but crafting their modules is a hassle if you don't feel a particular itch for it (also it takes materials that you may not have plenty at the point when you get that character). I'd recommend making one or two just because you can and because they're decent steel shields for the rest of the party, but otherwise play with a protocol focus, I personally completed the main story with very basic drones. When you feel a need to work on Drones, pick a ready-made build to start with because the way modules work makes it awkward to experiment.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I feel like I sorta got the hang of the game a little but that my tactics are slowly starting to get outdone. I've been relying on Irene counter-attacking every melee enemy to death for like 2-3k damage per counter and then Heixing/Giselle killing the ranged

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Also speaking of those materials is there a good place to farm the Black Iron Parts? I wanna make lvl 40 gear

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Violent cases 39 and 50 are the places to do it, as those are the maps with most robots. You can also get those (and other high quality materials) from dismantling high level drops.

I've read about people using district bonuses to improve reputation with traders so you can just outright buy the stuff instead of making it from lower quality materials, but I haven't done it myself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
keep in mind, the only way to unlock drone masteries is to 100% the enemy info on drone enemies. that means even starting with drones has a heavy grinding requirement.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

keep in mind, the only way to unlock drone masteries is to 100% the enemy info on drone enemies. that means even starting with drones has a heavy grinding requirement.

Importantly, this means you can't allow drones to berserk because they will kill themselves, which afaik does not award information. It's a pain in the rear end is what it is.

MotU posted:

I feel like I sorta got the hang of the game a little but that my tactics are slowly starting to get outdone. I've been relying on Irene counter-attacking every melee enemy to death for like 2-3k damage per counter and then Heixing/Giselle killing the ranged

Have you gotten Catharsis + One Shot One Kill yet? It's a vital combo to enable you to go hard on the enemy team, and allows for your mages to participate in battle too. I can share some of my current builds if you need some suggestions.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

lil baby anime posted:

All the extra attack mastery crap is just because I got tired of thinking at the end and just wanted her to hit what she's swinging at. I probably don't need prior planning since I can just use the overcharge move that can't be dodged every turn and call it a day. I'll take it off the next time I feel like thinking.

I'm still missing a few key masteries to make this work (notably Brazenface & Sophistry - do those drop in the DLC ?), but in the meantime replacing Prior Planning with Anger Strike works very well - as long as someone's shooting at her, a whole lot of someones are getting hurt along the way. She can basically solo an entire side of a map that way. Works a treat in Draki's Nest.

Speaking of, is there a way to tame those fuckers ? Wouldn't spit on a ranged earth pet.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You can't tame adult Draki, you've got to tame the eggs, the ones with legs that become active once the Queen roars them awake or when she dies. You can then evolve them through the different elements and types.

Brazenface and Sophistry come from V46 enemies, I believe.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

ZearothK posted:

You can't tame adult Draki, you've got to tame the eggs, the ones with legs that become active once the Queen roars them awake or when she dies. You can then evolve them through the different elements and types.

Brazenface and Sophistry come from V46 enemies, I believe.

Duh. I'd tried to tame the inert eggs. Thanks, mate !

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Transient People posted:

Importantly, this means you can't allow drones to berserk because they will kill themselves, which afaik does not award information. It's a pain in the rear end is what it is.

Have you gotten Catharsis + One Shot One Kill yet? It's a vital combo to enable you to go hard on the enemy team, and allows for your mages to participate in battle too. I can share some of my current builds if you need some suggestions.

yeah ive gotten cathatsis and have started spreading it around with 1s1k but would still love to see builds! Heixing kills like 10 enemies per turn now but anything to make everyone stronger would be Cool

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kobal2 posted:

I'm still missing a few key masteries to make this work (notably Brazenface & Sophistry - do those drop in the DLC ?), but in the meantime replacing Prior Planning with Anger Strike works very well - as long as someone's shooting at her, a whole lot of someones are getting hurt along the way. She can basically solo an entire side of a map that way. Works a treat in Draki's Nest.

Speaking of, is there a way to tame those fuckers ? Wouldn't spit on a ranged earth pet.

They drop from the skulls in V46.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

MotU posted:

yeah ive gotten cathatsis and have started spreading it around with 1s1k but would still love to see builds! Heixing kills like 10 enemies per turn now but anything to make everyone stronger would be Cool

I'll go right ahead and share some of my key builds then! Hopefully you find them useful :)

If this isn't the best build for Albus it's drat close. It strongly wants a good weapon with high hitchance and ideally high speed (The Sword of Grace is your best bet for this I think), but when it pops off, it pops off. Impressively tanky and consistent, it's managed to solo all the skulls and Hellfire on 46v for me before, and swept half the map in 50v. Terrible against robots, but that's just Albus' situation by default. Still worth using in any fight regardless, though.

A fairly standard Irene build, but it's standard because of how useful it is. Before the DLC, your team is likely to be chronically short of tanks, which are sorely needed to stabilize maps by holding masses of enemies at bay and creating a focal point for your ranged characters to nuke from. While both Sion and Irene can fill the role of co-tank with Albus, Irene is better suited for it because Martial Artist, while super fun and flashy, is generally worse than being straight up unkillable and immune to crits. With this setup, you can send Irene off to solo a chunk of any map and then let Albus hold the line for the rest of the characters fairly consistently, which speeds things up quite a bit. Which leads us to the artillery side of things...

EDIT: Oh, this is an old screenshot. You can remove Prior Planning for Breakthrough or any other mastery of your choice that ISN'T One Shot One Kill (as that one will make the build significantly worse by making it attack before filling up its magic power stacks). So it can be even stronger if you like! You can also use Phoenix instead of Second Heart, if you think Irene can consistently survive long enough to stabilize herself and enjoy multiple revivals per mission.

Based on a goon build posted earlier, this Heixing is absolutely disgusting. Darkness Hunter enemies annoy him, but don't limit him nearly as much as you might think. Of note is that he can effectively tank any ranged units, because cover move makes him so indestructible from afar. Just keep melees off him and he'll clean house. As a bonus, he synergizes perfectly with Albus, setting him up to chain dozens of turns.

Fair warning that this build requires a solid chunk of crit damage % to shine. Crafted gear can be a huge help here. If you can get Ray that though, she can sweep whole squads of enemies wholesale. Due to how her masteries synergize, you want to ideally always hit an enemy who's tanky and one who'll die instantly with every move, since that'll get you two AP per attack, allowing you to reposition and control the battlefield. She makes for an excellent scout, provides great utility, brings guilt-free EMP grenades to control machines with, and as a bonus, all her aoe blasts inflict AT delay, so enemies just don't get to fire back. Be very careful to manage the insanely aggressive playstyle Reckless Charge encourages with reasonable safety precautions though -- if she gets caught out she's likely to die twice in a row because she can end up so far away from help.

PS: Worth noting btw is that it's worth taking time to unlock Giselle's hunter class and use it to grab a Tima and raise it up quickly. While the class itself is far inferior to Sniper, it possesses a mastery that helps speed up pet growth, and a Galcier Tima provides a third frontliner that allows both Albus and Irene to branch out while still giving Anne and Ray someone to support and nuke around of. If you want a unit that does the same as the Glacier Tima, but even more out of the box, the Albino Negoori is super busted as heck, if a bit glassier, thanks to its ability to spam Forestallment attacks that freeze enemies that try to melee it.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 7, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Those are awesome and appreciated . My Albus was similar as was my Heixing a little but definitely gonna work on the other 2. This is a good start, thank you

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
All right, I picked this up and played for a few hours and I have... lots of questions. But I'm going to start with just one, since I feel like there has been a tutorial popup for everything except this, unless I somehow clicked through it: I have no idea how to interpret anything in the mission control screen.

1) I just got through "Young-il Construction Site" (I beat up Sharky and Irene came and then left, I'm assuming this was regular campaign progression) and now it says NEW, but it's no longer red? Is it now a repeatable mission?

2) Does the red icon mean campaign (i.e. story) progression? i.e. it's the next thing non-sidequest?

3) What do the numbers represent?

4) Is there some quantifiable measure of Normal > Hard > Super Hard? Because "Hard" was most definitely not hard.

5) What is Challenge Mode?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

OzFactor posted:

All right, I picked this up and played for a few hours and I have... lots of questions. But I'm going to start with just one, since I feel like there has been a tutorial popup for everything except this, unless I somehow clicked through it: I have no idea how to interpret anything in the mission control screen.

1) Different mission, same site.

2) Yes, red missions are one-time (though you can replay them in a separate menu) ; blue are repeatable ; purple is repeatable AND hard. Also much longer (the typical blue mission is "clear 20ish mooks, kill a boss or two", purple is "clear 80+ mooks and 8-10 bosses")

3) recommended level/loot level

4) Not really, but generally speaking I feel like you're supposed to beat red missions effortlessly, you will probably crush blues with even barebones tactics/builds, and purples will tax you especially in the late game

5) Scaling. Challenge mode increases the number of enemies, turns more enemies into their crowned variants and pushes crown enemies to higher levels depending on the average level of your party. Some enemies/bosses also only appear on challenge mode. Basically you want to only play challenge mode & Hard difficulty (which unlocks every enemy type and makes everything at least a little... well, challenging. Normal mode is to just cruise through the game for the plot, which doesn't actually exist)

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 8, 2021

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

MotU posted:

Those are awesome and appreciated . My Albus was similar as was my Heixing a little but definitely gonna work on the other 2. This is a good start, thank you

My own Ranger build for Heixing ditches all the bleed stuff for the Poison Bullet suite. Makes every dead enemy spawn a poison cloud, which synergizes very well with Mutant/Cauterize. Or Gas Masks if you're short on mastery points. Alchemist Kylie loves him.

Up until you're up to your rear end in robots and/or draki and/or toads of course - but those require more specialized builds in general.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OzFactor posted:

1) I just got through "Young-il Construction Site" (I beat up Sharky and Irene came and then left, I'm assuming this was regular campaign progression) and now it says NEW, but it's no longer red? Is it now a repeatable mission?

2) Does the red icon mean campaign (i.e. story) progression? i.e. it's the next thing non-sidequest?

3) What do the numbers represent?

4) Is there some quantifiable measure of Normal > Hard > Super Hard? Because "Hard" was most definitely not hard.

5) What is Challenge Mode?

Just some corrections/additions on Kobal2's answers.

4) Hard spawns more enemies, makes some of them elites and there are some extra enemies that only show up on Hard+. Cruel makes even more enemies spawn and everyone is an elite, which increases both their XP value and their drop tables. If you're familiar with tactics games it is recommended to play the game on Hard or above, it will pick up on difficulty later on, but the early game is indeed very easy.

5) Challenge Mode doubles information gain [there is a menu where you can see enemy stats, equipment and drops. You also unlock information on their masteries (which lets you make them) and Valkyrie Coins (which you use to buy recipes from merchants, equipment boards and mastery boards later on] and synergy gain (similar to the Bonds in XCOM). It also increases enemy levels by a value equal to the difference between your highest level character and the stage's (so if you play a level 10 mission with a level 20 Albus, all enemies will be +10 levels higher).

I would recommend sticking with the story missions, you can do the purple and blue ones later with a full party on challenge mode and they're much more fun with your own party instead of Albus, Sion and a bunch of cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

ZearothK posted:

and Valkyrie Coins (which you use to buy recipes from merchants, equipment boards and mastery boards later on]

Speaking of, if you do the quests from the merchants of Shooter Street : never ever pick the brown recipes as a reward, they're a giant trap. You can always buy them with said Valkyrie Coins immediately afterwards (and valkyrie coins have pretty much no other purpose AFAIK - they can also unlock additional mastery boards for your characters but you'll hardly ever need more than the 3 each comes with, IF that. You'll be drowning in them either way.).

So get the loot instead, especially if it's anywhere near Black Iron Anything ; Flame/Fire Anything or Anything Obsidian. Them three are the biggest crafting bottlenecks.