Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I am just so loving confused about how to deal with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

yet i want to figure it out and i think that makes a difference

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

this poo poo aint easy at all goddamn

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It will be easier to figure out with time, distance, and a cleared head. Do you have someone uninvolved in this relationship that you trust, who you can ask to help you extract yourself physically from this situation? I recommend you do so.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Life makes a lot more sense once you figure out what you actually want and just stop chasing what makes you feel good at the time. Chasing high after high (drugs, sex, etc) will just lead you to depression and an emptiness inside.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thing well known for not being important and not making people happy, sex. Did I accidentally slip into some religious seminar?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Thing well known for not being important and not making people happy, sex. Did I accidentally slip into some religious seminar?

Chasing after sex for its own sake will not lead you to happiness, no.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

Chasing after sex for its own sake will not lead you to happiness, no.

What makes someone happy is a very individual thing, seems like a weird statement to me. There's no greater meaning to life, do what makes you happy (as long as you're not hurting others, of course).

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Buddykins posted:

drat it i feel you're right. maybe its my pride. I just hate feeling vulnerable and weak sometimes.

Buddykins posted:

and i hate letting people down and making mistakes

Bro I feel this 100%, I do. It's trite to say man, but relationships are a lot more work than just being in love. That's the easy part. If you guys aren't on the same page, or even in the same book, it's never gonna work out. Having gone sober myself I know it's monumentally more difficult to do with someone around that wants to keep partying, but you'll never separate your coke feelings from how Buddykins feels if you just do a bunch of coke to cover up/cope with how you feel.

After both of my seizures I ended up feeling pretty disappointed in myself because I felt like I was letting my wife down - 35 year old man and I can't even drive to the Publix liquor store to get her a pack of smokes all of a sudden. I know it's my cave man brain thinking, but I can't help feel a sense of pride in being able to provide for her. Just about two weeks ago she had to help me into bed because my back was still spasming and that particular motion really set it off, and it really all just hit me at once and I started bawling. Her taking care of me wasn't the plan. At one point, I was working full time and she was pursuing a passion project because I was able to bring in enough that she only had to work part time/per diem at a local animal hospital for us to stay afloat and man that was the happiest year of my life because I was able to do for her, and now here she is lowering me into bed like a decrepit old man.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's easy to forget that you have to care for each other. It can't be a one way street - it's not sustainable. If YOU feel that what you need is a partner to support you through getting "California sober" or whatever the saying is now and she's not prepared to give that to you, then you probably need to sit down with each other and figure out what that means for your relationship.

Buddykins posted:

we just need to communicate while not hosed up. Is that wrong to think?

No! Do exactly this! Don't let Buddykins the rock and roll clown make life decisions for the rest of Buddykins. You can't be honest if you have cocaine racing through your brain because the cocaine is going to change the way you think, as will the alcohol, or x, or whatever you're on.

I only know you as a poster here, and maybe I have a bias towards cspam folks and foodbev folks in general but you seem like a really good dude in a really bad place - it feels a lot like a place I was in myself.

That's my 2¢. As others have offered, my PMs are open as well.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

What makes someone happy is a very individual thing, seems like a weird statement to me. There's no greater meaning to life, do what makes you happy (as long as you're not hurting others, of course).

truckin and fuckin is not an end to itself, no matter how enjoyable it may be

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fame Douglas posted:

Indulging all your temptations leads to a happy life is what you're saying? And yes I can be prudish

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Animal Friend posted:

unless you were born on a mountain and raised in a cave, by definition, truckin’ and fuckin’ are not all you crave.

you can still crave them, but there will be more.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Baseline is a weird thing, Buddykins. A normal person's baseline is also normal. With a substance, initially that baseline goes really low, it gives you a boost above it. But over time that level changes. Stay hosed up long enough and your baseline shifts to the top of the chart and it takes the alcohol and coke to life you to baseline making you think that's where normal is. The truth is normal is quite a ways above the hosed-up state where you're at now when you're high all the time. When you come off the substances initially you feel really down because you're not hitting that old feeling of "normal". You're now BELOW the substance baseline when clean, which is pretty low to begin with, which makes people crave the old high. But with just a couple days worth of time your body will shift that baseline back towards normal.

Our brains live in the cages we put them in and they try to make normal that boundary. Put your brain in a bigger cage, or better yet, what would it look like if you freed it completely of the restraints you're putting on it?

Viginti Septem has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Apr 8, 2021

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Animal Friend posted:

If you honestly believe this then I'm sorry but you were never truly serious about truckin and fuckin

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Six strong men threw me into a grave but truckin and fuckin remains all I crave

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

get behind me satan!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
My girls aya sent me a some dolma :3
It's the friendliest thing her parents have done and I feel pretty optimistic about the future for the first time in awhile. I started painting stuff with raku glazes for the first time this week and I want to bring a gift with me whenever I finally get back to visit. So I'm gonna engrave some teacups with gold lustre in the form of calligraphy and do an individualized set for the household. The service I hired for the designs gave three and I'm kinda torn on what to choose:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Zedhe Khoja posted:

My girls aya sent me a some dolma :3
It's the friendliest thing her parents have done and I feel pretty optimistic about the future for the first time in awhile. I started painting stuff with raku glazes for the first time this week and I want to bring a gift with me whenever I finally get back to visit. So I'm gonna engrave some teacups with gold lustre in the form of calligraphy and do an individualized set for the household. The service I hired for the designs gave three and I'm kinda torn on what to choose:

Help us out here, what do each of those mean/represent? Are they just innocuous caligraphy-style art?

Middle one looks like a Sailor Moon-style transformation as King Arthur draws the sword from the stone.

The bottom one looks like someone kneeling to hug a short person or child.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Apr 8, 2021

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
They all have the same letters, it's just her name. No greater meaning beyond the aesthetics. Top one is kufic, the bottom one is just a basic calligraphy, and the middle is the letters all kinda piled on each other like an arabic version of Tolkeins JRRT symbol.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Good show! If it's for teacups, I vote the bottom one as it fills out the most X-axis of those two, and I think the calligraphy pile is prettier than the first admittedly-cool square grid carve-out thing.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
I vote kufic. Bitches love right angles.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
But seriously, the kufic.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Every time this thread is quiet for 24 hours I'm like guess Buddykins finally overdosed, rip to a real one

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I choose to believe he's frolicking in a field somewhere upstate. At a farm that illegally grows coca leaves and is staffed by instagram thots.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:ohdear:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

instagram is loving stupid

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

but girls want that more than numbers these days

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

girls just wanna have fun

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

girls just wanna have fun

They do?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
To do the laundry

And in the bathroom

Da da da

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It's all we really waaaaaant

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

To do the laundry

And in the bathroom

Da da da

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

drat i forgot that song existed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

instagram is loving stupid

Buddykins posted:

but girls want that more than numbers these days

so do you kids just message each other on instagram before you gently caress instead of texting? How or why is that better... y'know what, don't try to answer it. I'm too old I wouldn't get it. God bless

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

its all stupid as hell. Social media is loving dumb

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I rather just text

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

i just made it for work yet people ask for your ig more than your number nowadays

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

maybe its just working a nightclub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dont ever work at a nightclub