Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Rose petals kinda make it seem they approve of what the legislature is doing. Should've thrown 200,000 pounds of garbage.

When are we getting leaked footage of biden telling the amazon ceos that he loves union busting and it should totally happen.

200,000 pounds of garbage?

where are they gonna get that many democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

can someone explain what exactly they disrupted

the lives of the janitors?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Too many negative comments about the Democrat Party on FB.

They nuked it.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Low Desert Punk posted:

its staged

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Low Desert Punk posted:

Yes, because that is the most decorous and bipartisan thing you can do.

spacetoaster posted:

Too many negative comments about the Democrat Party on FB.

They nuked it.
Lol

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

well at least these kids are getting some glamor shots in

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just watched Manchin interview on CNN. I think it's notable that while he continued saying that he would never kill the filibuster, every time he said that he also said that it was because he believed that want to work together to fix problems in a bipartisan way like how the senate is "supposed to work". This was clearly a talking point he was pushing to the point he talked over the reporter at least once to get it out.

Nothing is guaranteed but he is leaving a path to "the Republicans made me do it" with a probably dash of "I didn't want to do this but the people of West Virginia need this <bribe>"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

so are the gop legislators allergic to these?...

stole this joke from my friend who also posts here

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rascal scooter chuds in a capitol managed to delay a vote for a few hours, these dumb asses couldn't even do that, lol.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this has made me redder, madder, and nuder than I've been in a long time

loving piss I hate the motherfucking democrats holy poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also in what culture is throwing flowers at someone's feet an INSULT? This meaningless stunt doesn't even loving work because they chose an object to throw that's universally associated with praise and honor! You loving dipshit theater kids!!!!!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I know this is a minor thing and not the biggest waste of money the dems have done today by a lightyear but this is just so pathetic and worthless

sexpig by night posted:

also in what culture is throwing roses at someone's feet an INSULT? This meaningless stunt doesn't even loving work because they chose an object to throw that's universally associated with praise and honor! You loving dipshit theater kids!!!!!

yeah this too lmao

this is just some beto rear end dipshit's campaign poster pictures that they'll spend another 50 mil on who will eat poo poo

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/markos/status/1083118562376630274

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I know this is a minor thing and not the biggest waste of money the dems have done today by a lightyear but this is just so pathetic and worthless

the fact that they stuck around and took glamour shots with their dumb flowers is what's getting me. If it was just 'we dumped flowers then chanted stuff and left' I'd just kinda ignore it as meaningless but goddamn don't be PROUD of this you loving assholes!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm owning the republicans by organizing an event where we all line up on either side of their hallway and expose the tops of our heads to them as they pass, a clear sign of disrespect not to be confused with bowing.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
if you ever wondered how texas democrats have completely failed to make any meaningful change in the state for 40 years, there's your answer

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Republicans got to pass their voter laws, libs got to take photo ops, and the janitorial staff will have to spend hours cleaning up.

Its everything the democrats could want.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
it took my super liberal democrat stronghold city until literally last year to get a confederate statue removed from the city square, these people are allergic to power

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Malleum posted:

if you ever wondered how texas democrats have completely failed to make any meaningful change in the state for 40 years, there's your answer

would not be surprised to see tdp disown this as too radical and disruptive lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

also in what culture is throwing flowers at someone's feet an INSULT? This meaningless stunt doesn't even loving work because they chose an object to throw that's universally associated with praise and honor! You loving dipshit theater kids!!!!!

https://twitter.com/joltaction/status/1380201649768128514?s=21

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It does kinda look like they chose rose petals specifically for the glamour shots. Chucking garbage over the railings then sitting in it probably would have not been as pleasant.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wait what happened to 25,000 of them why do they not get flowers

also 'we threw rose petals to show we'll be thorns in your side' is like an overwrought family guy joke they'd write about someone not understanding metaphor or something

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also think considering how the last election shook out it's FASCINATING they're highlighting BIPOC voters and very carefully ignoring Latinos

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
mess with us again and we'll throw flower petals at you

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

throwing flower petals and rice at my biatch ex on their wedding day to show my disgust

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

good luck finding min wage slave labor to clean this up in a timely fashion you Piece o f poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I hope you get allergies and sneeze, you fuckman

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Remember when every lib in America lost their poo poo over that lady in Texas who filibustered some abortion bill in pink sneakers? And then it didn't matter at all because they passed the bill anyway and the lady went on to get massacred by 20 points in every election? And today in 2021 they don't even mention the filibuster on her wikipedia page because it was so loving stupid and pointless.

It's the exact same thing over and over again: meaningless symbolic gestures. That's all the dems know. It's baked into their DNA at this point, they can't even visualize anything but an endless series of completely meaningless girlboss ftw moments

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

It will never cease to astonish me how easy it is to trick people into voting against their own best interests.

:ironicat:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Should have used rose stems, probably would have been cheaper, too.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
throwing rotten flower petals andy dick style screaming u just got DICKED at the ground

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reality Protester posted:

It will never cease to astonish me how easy it is to trick people into voting against their own best interests.

:ironicat:

yea love to read the thread about how joe biden is working secretly behind the scenes to do everything fdr ever dreamed of confused and shocked by workers being scared into opposing a union by their super-villain level wealthy and powerful parent company.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Union elections in the US aren't democratic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Chuds are really trying to catch up on their shootings after the Pandemic squashed their numbers.

"How could we have prevented this!" In only country where this happens almost weekly

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

elections in the US aren't democratic

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nichael posted:

Think about the countless lives ruined by having to care for relatives like this because there's no alternative. My sibling had a friend who is extremely intelligent, but ended up having to repeat ninth grade because she was caring for her autistic brother when not in school and the family had no alternative. That in turn resulted in them not being as close as friends because they were in different grades. The knock-on effects are immeasurable, and people who defend this are immoral.

I don't need to imagine it. I'm living it.

I have two disabled children. They missed YEARS of therapy because of healthcare coverage issues. I have no idea what their future looks like, and I have no idea what it would have looked like if they hadn't missed those years of therapy (although I know they'd be doing alot better!). The thing is, I know we don't even have it the worst. We actually have coverage now, and I have a decent job that wasn't killed by the recession or COVID. I can imagine the suffering that other families with similar issues but without income/coverage, but I don't like imagining it because its really really loving depressing!

Obama's betrayal on single payer was the single most consequential political event of my lifetime. I loving hate the Democrat party.

And now I'm turning into the Joker Poison Ivy Mr Freeze again.

https://i.imgur.com/qUmxfTe.mp4

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jesus I love how USPol actually is the right wing strawman of smug liberals instantly making shootings into political statements. Remember when they were obsessed over that dude in CO being a 'chud' because he was light skinned and bearded?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

"How could we have prevented this!" In only country where this happens almost weekly
Regular plagues, it sounds like?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

elections aren't democratic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

if waiting months before voting to make a union achieved anything, they'd make it illegal

that's why they made secretly meeting to form a union illegal