Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

family
Family
Family!
FAMILY
FAMILY!!
FAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILYFAMILY

family

family one family last family ride family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jaws and Kong were better than their disney equivalents (jungle cruise, peter pan)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Empress Brosephine posted:

Jaws and Kong were better than their disney equivalents (jungle cruise, peter pan)

Isn't ET more of a take on Peter Pan?

Either way, Kongfrontation is way better than whatever they have now. Give me that banana breath animatronic anyway of the week. Better than sitting in a bus that shakes while looking at video screens.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Man, I rode the new Kong ride and was super disappointed in it. This was the summer when it came out and everyone hyped it up.

That said, I remember Jaws as a kid and it was fantastic. I think Universal's problem is they pay even less reverence to their classic rides than Disney does. RIP Back to the Future

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The Simpsons area is great with theming but the ride definitely feels like a weak reskin of a 20-30 year old ride.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The Simpson's ride is legitimately awful. Best ride at Universal is Forbidden Journey.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's bad. Aside from the old ride system, using CG for a Simpsons ride was a bad idea that dates the ride sooooo badly. It's also just a weird story conceptually. At least with BTTF going through time in a flying DeLorean fit within the logic of the movies.

My personal favorite is the Hulk coaster but I dig the Harry Potter rides even though I don't know a drat thing about the IP.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Hagrids is still my favorite ride in Florida. So much fun and just the right level of intensity that anyone can handle it.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Hagrid's is dope

If anybody hasn't heard the Podcast the Ride episode on The Jimmy Fallon ride, do yourself a huge favor and listen to it. It is long, but it is utterly fantastic and will make you reconsider why rides are built..... especially that ride.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I haven't been to Universal since Hagrid's opened. Hoping to ride that one next month.

The Jimmy Fallon ride is pretty lame, but I did enjoy the Tonight Show museum out front. That was more interesting than the ride itself.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

The Jimmy Fallon ride is pretty lame, but I did enjoy the Tonight Show museum out front. That was more interesting than the ride itself.

The sliver of a spot they gave Conan is both terrible and hilarious at the same time.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Going to Florida with my mother to attend a wedding, then do Magic Kingdom and Epcot, then do 2 days at Universal. It's not our first trip to either, but I do have to admit, I never had Dole Whip before since I didn't like pineapple. But now of course, I have acquired a taste for pineapple, so now I'm making sure to get a cup of that good stuff when I go to the Magic Kingdom this time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get the float. You get more soft serve and the mix with pineapple juice is amazing and refreshing.

Get multiple floats.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I'll just be over here in the corner that likes Skull Island: Reign of Kong. I think it's a clever re-do of the tram ride section at Hollywood (with a extra scene they don't have!) and the Animatronic, while not as impressive as the original, is still cool as hell. Plus I just think the queue is amazing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I enjoyed the queue more than the ride. Especially the loud ceremony room.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Bottom Liner posted:

Get the float. You get more soft serve and the mix with pineapple juice is amazing and refreshing.

Get multiple floats.

I want to try the one with the pineapple upside down cake next time. Heard it’s good. Love dat whip

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Nanigans posted:

I want to try the one with the pineapple upside down cake next time. Heard it’s good. Love dat whip

It was pretty good. Cake was not amazing but tasty enough.

The Kakamora float is where it's at though. It's coconut Dole Whip with pineapple juice colored with (flavorless) blue syrup. Comes with a cake pop that is like a real dense brownie. I love classic Dole Whip but the Kakamora is my new favorite. Sometimes coconut flavored things taste like sunscreen, but this is not one of them. It's sooooo good.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Braksgirl posted:

The Kakamora float is where it's at though. It's coconut Dole Whip with pineapple juice colored with (flavorless) blue syrup. Comes with a cake pop that is like a real dense brownie. I love classic Dole Whip but the Kakamora is my new favorite. Sometimes coconut flavored things taste like sunscreen, but this is not one of them. It's sooooo good.

:aaa:

My wife loves coconut. I’m sure she’ll want to try that.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I hate coconut and pineapple. I tried some of my wife's kakamora float and it was awesome.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/allearsnet/status/1380209394613387266

Based on CP stories, you’ll want to spring for fumigation and a hazmat crew.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Mears has announced the replacement for Magical Express. No pricing yet

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-direct-express-airport-to-resort-service-announced-for-2022/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Putting my bet on $50/head, $25 per kid

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Putting my bet on $50/head, $25 per kid

I'll be grumpy about it, but if it's 200 bucks for my family of 4 or less, I'll use it. If it costs more than that I'll rent a car. I don't have to pay for parking if I'm using my DVC points, so that's one cost I don't have to think about.

Can't wait for the disney offers that'll come with transportation vouchers for the service.

I need to pull the receipts from our first trip on 2015 and see how much more expensive everything has gotten. I mean an extra 200 bucks a trip for the DME replacement is significant. I know Uber or Lyft is probably cheaper, but folks with kids of car seat age, and folks that needed wheelchair depended on DME.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Back to the Future had awesome theming, too. There were lab props everywhere, the preshow rooms had racks with charging hoverboards, the video screens in the queue had Doc Brown!

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Any tips for Blizzard Beach? We're going down around end of August and while I've done the main parks a number of times I've never done either of the water parks. Is there a recommended brand for water socks/shoes?

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 8, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

As someone who spend ~20 hours a week in the sun here, put on twice the sunscreen twice as often. Don’t forget your scalp, ears, and feet. Use SPF 50 lip balm too. If you’re using spray it needs to be applied thickly. Then use even more just to be sure.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

Was that the same thing that I tried with you in January? If so

Hazo posted:

I hate coconut and pineapple. I tried some of my wife's kakamora float and it was awesome.

I completely agree with this (except I do like pineapple).

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I made the grave mistake of skipping on the kakamora float this past trip and I'm regretting it so hard right now.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Bottom Liner posted:

As someone who spend ~20 hours a week in the sun here, put on twice the sunscreen twice as often. Don’t forget your scalp, ears, and feet. Use SPF 50 lip balm too. If you’re using spray it needs to be applied thickly. Then use even more just to be sure.

This, so much this. Many a Disney trip has been ruined by sunburned feet.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Was that the same thing that I tried with you in January? If so

I completely agree with this (except I do like pineapple).

That’s the one. Everyone with plain dole whip was trying to eat my Kakamora float.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

That’s the one. Everyone with plain dole whip was trying to eat my Kakamora float.

Then yeah, that's a pretty good variation on the Dole Whip, even for someone who doesn't like coconut.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Omne posted:

This, so much this. Many a Disney trip has been ruined by sunburned feet.

Maybe not for sunburned feet but moleskin is a godsend for blistered ones.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Darn tough socks (or other merino wool blends) will do wonder to keep you from blistering too. Throw your cotton socks in the trash!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If it doesn’t slice through metal like butter it’s not a real lightsaber. I am excited to see the high tech lazer flashlight though.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/49801685

For more info (public post)

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
The Secret Life of Pets ride at Universal Hollywood did a "surprise open" today during their food event (Regular Park isn't open yet.) This is a huge departure from the screen based rides they've been recently doing as the majority of it is physical props and pet animatronics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VLlNtbRlJs

This may come to Orlando at some point, but it's similar to the Yoshi system, so maybe not.

The ride was supposed to open the same week the Pandemic shut everything down.

Disney's California Adventure announced an opening date for the Avengers Campus, June 4th.

https://twitter.com/therealjpland21/status/1380301870854365187

https://twitter.com/ThemeParkShark/status/1380268728265281537

This looks drat good, and the fact the queue is literally walking through the apartment, etc (couches, countertops used as queue line elements)

Also this showed up today: https://twitter.com/insideuniversal/status/1380263260524584962/photo/1

Atricks fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 9, 2021

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:wtc:

If that image is a still from the video then yes I am the lightsaber that casts a shadow.

Even those dorks who claimed to make a "real lightsaber" a few months back admitted they were just holding a giant blowtorch. What a weird stunt.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

$999 to hack your friend's arm off accidentally because you were fuckin around.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Hazo posted:

:wtc:

If that image is a still from the video then yes I am the lightsaber that casts a shadow.

Even those dorks who claimed to make a "real lightsaber" a few months back admitted they were just holding a giant blowtorch. What a weird stunt.

Pretty sure that is just a doctored image, I dunno if anyone has visual proof from this thing but I'm sure we will get more leaked news.

All I can assume is the tech for this might be clunky and not marketable, maybe useful for characters in the park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
You gotta assume its for the Galactic Starcruiser