Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There's so many weird things about the movie. Like the original actor for Ryu was so terrible that they recast him but they still decided to use the already shot footage of him. So you end up with action scenes focusing on this random background soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Actually it got an R rating, and they toned down the violence to try for a PG rating, went too far and got a G. So they added the swears.

Everyone should read this article about it, it's incredible

https://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There's so many weird things about the movie. Like the original actor for Ryu was so terrible that they recast him but they still decided to use the already shot footage of him. So you end up with action scenes focusing on this random background soldier.

excuse you his name is CAPTAIN SAWADA

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oldpainless posted:

The day Raul Julia died was one of the worst days of his children’s lives but for him it was Monday

lol

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

The Bloop posted:

He was still great though

"your bargaining posture is highly dubious" is an all-time great line

I'd go so far to argue that Welles sounding disinterested and bored for 90% of his lines fits the character perfectly well, to the point where it might actually have been the intent anyway

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I had the delightful experience recently of introducing a couple of young ladies of the next generation (in their early 20s lol) to the Orson Welles "frozen peas" audio recordings

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The one thing I want to know is just how much Transformers arcana they got Welles to sit through before he told them to gently caress off and let him read the stupid lines.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

The one thing I want to know is just how much Transformers arcana they got Welles to sit through before he told them to gently caress off and let him read the stupid lines.

I figure they got about two words out.

Orson Welles posted:

You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy. Some terrible robot toys from Japan that changed from one thing to another. The Japanese have funded a full-length animated cartoon about the doings of these toys, which is all bad outer-space stuff. I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

I had the delightful experience recently of introducing a couple of young ladies of the next generation (in their early 20s lol) to the Orson Welles "frozen peas" audio recordings

You must also include the Critic version AND the pinky and the brain version for maximum enjoyment

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bloop posted:

You must also include the Critic version AND the pinky and the brain version for maximum enjoyment

Oh of course. ...I mean YYYES

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The Bloop posted:

The "frozen peas" bit is apparently Maurice LaMarche's second-favorite impression. (His favorite was also his first-ever impression: Peter Falk.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

None. They didn't even begin. What the hell why would you think that would be a part of the process?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Phy posted:

I figure they got about two words out.

this is amazing lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

The "frozen peas" bit is apparently Maurice LaMarche's second-favorite impression. (His favorite was also his first-ever impression: Peter Falk.)

The Other Side of the Wind (and the making-of documentary that was released along with it) is some first-rate Orson Welles and voice-acting nerdvana, for reasons that include John Huston in a leading role as a famous but washed-up film director who can't get anyone to fund his stuff, so you get to imagine Gandalf rattling off all these profanity-laden and homoerotic lines that are absolutely not in any way intended to be read as autobiographical on Welles' part

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Apr 9, 2021

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ah earth, full of delicious ocean blue bits and plenty of land green peaness.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I thought it was general knowledge that Welles swung both ways.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, I'm just riffing on a thing in the doc that said he was adamant that the script not be taken as autobiographical, but it was just absolutely transparently so

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FreudianSlippers posted:

I thought it was general knowledge that Welles swung both ways.

So not Uni but bi?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

3D Megadoodoo posted:

None. They didn't even begin. What the hell why would you think that would be a part of the process?

They sent Patrick Stewart a 90-page brief on the history of Cyrodiil and the Septim family for his role in Oblivion, a game in which he says three lines and then dies before you're out of the tutorial

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flavor.flv posted:

They sent Patrick Stewart a 90-page brief on the history of Cyrodiil and the Septim family for his role in Oblivion, a game in which he says three lines and then dies before you're out of the tutorial

Just gonna go wildly out on a limb and guess they might have sent the same packet to everybody

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Data Graham posted:

Just gonna go wildly out on a limb and guess they might have sent the same packet to everybody

The point is less, I think, that everyone got the packet and more that Stewart might actually have read at least part of it.

More of a funny video, but

https://i.imgur.com/d6ffJyt.mp4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The point is less, I think, that everyone got the packet and more that Stewart might actually have read at least part of it.

He did, and he said in an interview that it was the best prep any studio had ever given him and why couldn't they all do that?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Future prime minister material imo

e: I'm sorry that was really harsh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

Games are made by horrible game nerds. 80s cartoons are made by becocained businessmen and Asian sweatshops.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

How have I reached the age of thirty-six years without encountering this word?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lodin posted:

It wasn't until last year that I learnt that some types of shark like the bull shark can survive for some time in fresh water. They're just that drat smooth.

E: Terrible snipe.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/croc-takes-shark-wins/story?id=24862582

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYNMQX41Gs

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not a bad record for this vicinity.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

No as a matter of fact they put absolutely no effort in to the rest of the voice acting process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8najPmiyc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is hilarious.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rodbeard posted:

No as a matter of fact they put absolutely no effort in to the rest of the voice acting process.

When I was a kid I called a quiz line where if you did well, you'd get on Haluatko miljonääriksi?. One of the questions was [my translation]: "Which government branch did K.J. Lång gently caress Which government branch did K.J. Lång make a career in?". I was so surprised I didn't hear the options so I fumbled it. (I would've known the answer, even!)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

Yeah, that's a lot less sad. He was doing it for his kids and he had fun with it

Welles hated doing cartoons and was only there because he had burned every other bridge in Hollywood

Welles hated something he made, a surprise. :D

Orson Welles and Edward Norton are the two actors who seem to have hated every project they have ever done anywhere for any reason.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Der Kyhe posted:

Welles hated something he made, a surprise. :D

Orson Welles and Edward Norton are the two actors who seem to have hated every project they have ever done anywhere for any reason.

I will never hate on someone whose first instinct is “gently caress work”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I believe Edward Norton enjoyed working on Motherless Brooklyn, mainly because he directed it too.

Now considering it bombed, I doubt he enjoyed the reception it received.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1379975757225676801

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Yellow Yoshi posted:

I don't know if its :thejoke: but the latter is mis-use of commas.
That should be a colon or nothing if its implied that JFK and Stalin are the strippers.
Adding a comma makes it a list, anyone who claims otherwise is making this a strawman to justify the ridiculous further abuse of the humble comma.

It’s a perfectly cromulent appositive phrase.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Der Kyhe posted:

The general rumour about Norton is that he always wants more creative control over everything he does and gets lovely when he doesn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

It was only a while back that I found out the reason Lynda Carter does voices for a bunch of ES and Fallout games is because she's married to one of the higher ups at Zenimax. I think she does a decent enough job, it's just kinda weird.