Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
thank you magic hitler for being the hitler we couldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spoilers, sheesh

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If I'm reading that correctly, that isn't Succ, that's purestrain liberal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

pillsburysoldier posted:

That last part happens a lot in the dudes stories. In Inuyashiki, the old man and teen are obliterated because of an alien's fender bender so they put their consciousnesses into robot bodies and hightail it out of there before they get in trouble

In Gigant a lady with huge tits grows 500 feet tall to fight monsters naked.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i had no idea inuyashiki and gantz were written by the same guy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
There's a great fakeout in Gigant when she's getting dropped in by the army and she's wearing this sci-fi bodysuit and one of the troops says "It's a special fabric created by NASA, super elastic" and she starts growing and the bodysuit stretches with her until she gets to like 40 feet tall and the suit is just destroyed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
apparently in gigant there's a scene where the mc starts bawling in public to shame a girl into going out with him when she tries to let him down easy. it works.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

apparently in gigant there's a scene where the mc starts bawling in public to shame a girl into going out with him when she tries to let him down easy. it works.

It's not an attempt to shame her, it's his genuine reaction because he absolutely sucks.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gripweed posted:

In Gigant a lady with huge tits grows 500 feet tall to fight monsters naked.

Classy

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Hahahahahahaha

WOW

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt it prettg explicitly about a termination squad forced to murder what are essentially alien refugees who aren't really bothering anyone?
iirc some are benign but most, like the final enemies, want to genocide

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Wait, why did he hand the guy with face tattoos poop?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
the final chapter is just a mess on multiple levels like there’s even a last minute revelation that no one needed where it’s revealed that the reason the Smiling Titan didn’t eat Bertholt when he turned back into a human at the beginning of the manga was because Eren used his power to force it to ignore him and instead eat Eren’s mother and start his whole crusade in the first place its not even the just the themes that got all hosed up it’s the whole drat thing lol

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Gigant is garbage all around, even the art is embarrassingly bad. Gantz dude is just fully checked out at this point

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

tokin opposition posted:

deca dence is good

No it bad. It takes a hard turn right and goes all in on NeoLiberalism for the finale.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

galagazombie posted:

No it bad. It takes a hard turn right and goes all in on NeoLiberalism for the finale.

Explain yourself immediately. You also don't know what neoliberalism is. But do explain your point.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

don't post attack on titan spoilers drat man

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

Explain yourself immediately. You also don't know what neoliberalism is. But do explain your point.

They made a public private partnership between the gadoll and the tankers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

net work error posted:

They made a public private partnership between the gadoll and the tankers

No they didn't? They integrated the two societies. The system that controlled them both was destroyed

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
I watched a few episodes of way of the househusband on Netflix. The writing is good (because they stick close to the manga) but the animation is bad. It’s in a stop motion comic style which makes it come off as really cheap.

For those unfamiliar it’s about a former yakuza who got married to a normie and now takes care of the house while she works. Antics ensue.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mecha Gojira posted:

No Space War but Space Class War. Newtypism isn't Marxism, it posits that just being in space will turn human beings into psychic empaths that will instantly understand each other and that will end conflict (something something communication over the vastness of space, it's constantly harped on). The shows themselves show that actually, no, material conditions are what put these people into conflict in the first place, and that can't be overcome by just "understanding." It's why there's so many dead girlfriends in the first place.

The Earth vs. Space conflict masks the underlying class conflict. There's still poor people on Earth who serve the neoliberal bureaucrats, and there's still rich people in Space funding armed groups like AEUG and Neo Zeon and eventually Cosmo Babylonia and the Zanscare Empire. Quattro Char fails because he can't imagine just murking the capitalists who told him to invade Jaburo instead of attacking Gryps.

Have you considered:
Forced Space Colonism = Capitalism
Newtypes = the Urban Proletariat

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ulta posted:

I watched a few episodes of way of the househusband on Netflix. The writing is good (because they stick close to the manga) but the animation is bad. It’s in a stop motion comic style which makes it come off as really cheap.

For those unfamiliar it’s about a former yakuza who got married to a normie and now takes care of the house while she works. Antics ensue.

Why watch the anime when there's a live action version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew1-icAYM7I

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

genericnick posted:

Have you considered:
Forced Space Colonism = Capitalism
Newtypes = the Urban Proletariat

No one who espouses Newtype Ideology calls for the expropriation of Anaheim Electronics.

Like it'd be one thing if the capitalists were shown to be exclusively Earthnoids and the Spacenoids exclusively working class. But it isn't. There's more nuance than that. The AEUG is literally run by capitalists who are upset that they don't have enough pull in the Federation government despite their wealth. Hell, by the time of F91 and Victory, Federation Government Officials have moved off Earth because it's a polluted shithole and live on the Moon, also headquarters of, you guessed it, Anaheim Electronics, which while no longer having a monopoly on the Military Industrial Complex, still designed and built the Victory series of Gundams.

poo poo, F91 is about a Colony Building Corporation secretly being run by Literal Aristocrats who want to build a new Cosmo Babylonia in the Colonies.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

grate deceiver posted:

Gigant is garbage all around, even the art is embarrassingly bad. Gantz dude is just fully checked out at this point

Never read Gantz, loved Inuyashiki, and I thought surely Gigant has to get good at some point? Then even the characters actively resist anything resembling a plot moving forward!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Zeon Zum Deikun was a dumbass who had more charisma than sense. No one assassinated him, not even the Zabis. He just worked himself to death.

Watching Gundam 00 right now. It’s very LOL. Still in the first season and the probably evil trinity gundams just showed up. Also, despite being released in the late 2000’s, the dub sounds like it was recorded at home because of COVID. A lot of characters voices have a very noticeable “talking with the microphone in my mouth in my home recording studio” sound.

It’s nice that the show has themes around the economic and material conditions that cause war (that the characters slowly seem to be realizing you can’t just fix by using your superior military technology to break everyone else’s toys) but with the arrival of the evil gundams, I fear the show is about to inject some of the franchise’s favorite bullshit instead of anything actually interesting.

Pulcinella has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Apr 9, 2021

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Thanks for murder. *gives you poop*

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Pulcinella posted:

Zeon Zum Deikun was a dumbass who had more charisma than sense. No one assassinated him, not even the Zabis. He just worked himself to death.

while I don’t consider it canon, it is hilarious that The Origin implies that Zeon Deikun was a member of an objectivist philosophy circle around an Ayn Rand woman figure, like Alan Greenspan or some poo poo.

should also be noted that Newtype ideology was extremely easy to turn into a supremacist fascist ideology.

a real tankie asks who owns the tank factory. who owns the mobile suit factories?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F91 was about being really into roses.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

don't post attack on titan spoilers drat man

Spoilers, or a warning??

U decide

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Want to thank this thread for introducing me to Cromartie High School

https://youtu.be/1q5N9QqOYxM

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think you could probably mix cinamon toast crunch with something else but cheerios and frosted flakes have no business being in my breakfeast bowl

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Did they find all the korok seeds?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Cinnamon toast crunch and cheerios mix actually sounds pretty good.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cinnamon toast crunch and apple jacks

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

cinnamon toast crunch and apple jacks

This one sounds pretty good

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Cheerios and cinnamon Life

E: fruity pebbles and lucky charms

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I think the main thing would be that you don't want a blend that gets soggy at radically different rates.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

a real tankie asks who owns the tank factory. who owns the mobile suit factories?
I assume Zeonic was state controlled.

It was after the fall of Zeon that federation privatized their industry by giving it over to Anaheim.

You could even say The Federation reverted to a more nationalist industry with SNRI as it got closer to collapsing.

There really was no left option in UC, either nationalism of Zeon or liberalism of Federation.

Char's enlightened despotism really might have been better than either of those, if he wasn't such a gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lostconfused posted:

I assume Zeonic was state controlled.

It was after the fall of Zeon that federation privatized their industry by giving it over to Anaheim.

You could even say The Federation reverted to a more nationalist industry with SNRI as it got closer to collapsing.

There really was no left option in UC, either nationalism of Zeon or liberalism of Federation.

Char's enlightened despotism really might have been better than either of those, if he wasn't such a gently caress up.

Well, state controlled raises another question, which is who controls the state, and even in Zeonic’s case it’s definitely not a worker’s state.

But yeah, there’s really no left option. Even Char’s Neo Zeon is a joke, he can’t fully commit to an actual revolution of any kind, his ploy to drop Axis on Earth seems more like an elaborate murder/suicide for his rival and himself. He has no interest in how this post asteroid drop Earth Sphere is going to be governed or by whom.

poo poo just devolves in the UC to the point that somewhere between Victory and G-Reco there’s like literal cannibalism.