Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
gaetz lawyered up and hired some people to lie about his character since nobody else will

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1380530081899151363?s=21

the same PR firm also cleaned up after Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

bleeding kansas posted:

gaetz lawyered up and hired some people to lie about his character since nobody else will

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1380530081899151363?s=21

the same PR firm also cleaned up after Ed Balls

if he’s getting a lawyer poo poo must be hot because he’s too stupid to just retain one out of good sense

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Woke up today feeling cosmic dread

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

brugroffil posted:

but in a union advancement is often based on straight seniority, and I'm a Good Worker so that'll stifle my obvious career trajectory!!!
this isn't a tough thing to deal with in conversations

"in a union, even if you don't get a promotion, you'll be assured wage increases" combined with "not everyone can get a promotion, there aren't enough positions, but everyone can get raises"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
And all the scabs amazon got put on the voter rolls would never be eligible for any of the benefits in any CBA besides the payrate. I've never seen a CBA that gives bennies to anyone that isn't full/part time.

So it was destined for failure because 4000 of the 6500 voters were intentionally bad faith actors who were voting on solely on the issue of whether or not they want to lose their hours to the new union members.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How is that hypothetical relevant?

your justice system is a piece of poo poo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this isn't a tough thing to deal with in conversations

"in a union, even if you don't get a promotion, you'll be assured wage increases" combined with "not everyone can get a promotion, there aren't enough positions, but everyone can get raises"

I'm sorry, but I'm Very Good and if I work hard enough, the company will recognize that and promote me with even bigger raises. Unions don't let companies recognize performance or cut failures. Don't you believe in meritocracy???

(The only people in my company who got even cost of living bumps last year were the union members and some of them got sweet hazard pay any time they had to go onsite)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the place i work for announced staff wide 2% raises for the first time in 2 years at the beginning of this year, and took pride in noting that the raise didn't extend to union members.

we announced our 10% raises the next week lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Apraxin posted:

Chauvin defense seems to be really reaching for hypotheticals here:

If the facts of this case were completely different you'd agree that the cause of death was different, correct?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

When was the last time you woke up without cosmic dread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apraxin posted:

Chauvin defense seems to be really reaching for hypotheticals here:

why bother? He knows he's gonna walk, why do anything but slander the dead man for some extra serial killer fun?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

why?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

brugroffil posted:

I'm sorry, but I'm Very Good and if I work hard enough, the company will recognize that and promote me with even bigger raises. Unions don't let companies recognize performance or cut failures. Don't you believe in meritocracy???

(The only people in my company who got even cost of living bumps last year were the union members and some of them got sweet hazard pay any time they had to go onsite)

American workers have to be the dumbest set of workers on the planet. They all constantly think it's better to negotiate for themselves instead of using the power of the entire workforce to make things better for everyone.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

TMMadman posted:

American workers have to be the dumbest set of workers on the planet. They all constantly think it's better to negotiate for themselves instead of using the power of the entire workforce to make things better for everyone.

Corporations are people, it's unfair to them when the workforce (multiple persons) bargains with the corporation (one person)

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

The dude has no mercy

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

does anyone have some more Kindle Tips & Tricks?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

DryGoods posted:

Calibre plus the #books channel on irchighway

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

DryGoods posted:

download book onto your kindle

read that book upon the screen of your kindle

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mayor Dave posted:

When was the last time you woke up without cosmic dread

Today seems worse

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

library genesis

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TMMadman posted:

American workers are miserable and instead of trying to improve that they will instead work twice as hard to make others as miserable as they are

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

oh also even on the first-gen kindles you can visit gutenberg dot org on the lovely kindle browser and directly download almost any public domain book for free onto the kindle

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've never had the opportunity to negotiate my pay, so I'm curious where these jobs are that you get to negotiate pay during the hiring process.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

a.lo posted:

American workers are miserable and instead of trying to improve that they will instead work twice as hard to make others as miserable as they are

working hard, thank u

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

can i get some Hot Deals for non-book Amazon Products on my Amazon Kindle? looking for Sick Discount on some gloves

what's the Wildest Sale price you've ever scored on Amazon.com?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

drat horror queefs posted:

The dude has no mercy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

a.lo posted:

unfortunately

"this person makes $XXXXX, you should make more money, too!"

"wtf, that person just does Y, gently caress that guy, this is bullshit, I only make $XXXX"

*proceed to argue that people should make less money*

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

seriously wtf u tryna pull amazon

2 bux

free

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

why bother? He knows he's gonna walk, why do anything but slander the dead man for some extra serial killer fun?

looks like you answered your own question there.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

the place i work for announced staff wide 2% raises for the first time in 2 years at the beginning of this year, and took pride in noting that the raise didn't extend to union members.

we announced our 10% raises the next week lol

my raise this year was 2.49% :luckyducky:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

BONGHITZ posted:

did this work?

no I never was able to purchase because I live in Texas. instead I just pushed out my test as much as possible (10 days) and pissed clean

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

I was supposed to hear about our merit raise last month

nothing yet

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How is that hypothetical relevant?

*lawyer voice* your honor it's relevant to the expert witness's understanding and opinions of the contributing factors to the victim's death

*judge voice* objection overruled

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/1380504879228157953?s=21

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

fits my needs posted:

ah, the cumshitter raise

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Red Baron posted:

cumshitter I have a gay sex question for you

whats the question bitch

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I was supposed to hear about our merit raise last month

nothing yet

my raise last year was 2.99%, but like it doesnt matter anyway cuz most of its based on a convoluted rear end quality/performance metrics score for the organization and thats weighted with your personal goals or some bullshit?

so like, in the end it doesnt matter what i do it feels like

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

library genesis

quality is pretty mixed on libgen

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Qurnah posted:

will i survive it though?

Death is just another killer app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
raises are 1.5% at my current job this year lol. I’m putting in my two weeks on Monday