Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah my brother died while backpacking the zagros in 1985 what of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lol that owned

also reminds me of shane bauer and friends hiking along the iraq/iran border and getting their rear end caught lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

drat it's amazing how many things became good, actually on 1/20/2021. wish my brain was smooth enough to believe in nothing but blue team good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

is pepsi ok posted:

drat it's amazing how many things became good, actually on 1/20/2021. wish my brain was smooth enough to believe in nothing but blue team good.

yea it must be really cool to suddenly feel everything is cool and in control

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

It’s a predictable and unfortunately sad turn of events. I have serious doubts you’ll ever be able to unionize again. There’s stronger union protections in other countries and nothing seems to work in building new unions. They continue to be in decline globally with only the most legacy and privileged unions surviving. People don’t believe in unions as an effective mechanism to level the playing field and in most cases see them a bureaucratic obstacle to their career advancement.

because, imo, unions post ww2, gradually and then in the 70s extremely rapidly, gave up being antagonistic to capital and adopted policies of working with capital for the benefit of the workers. capital of course just went "lol yeah we'll work with you" and proceeded to strangle the unions who had abandoned any pretense of fighting back. then reagan broke the back of PATCO as a lesson to any union that still harbored notions of militarism

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

having a big brunch to celebrate america leading the world again

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

yea it must be really cool to suddenly feel everything is cool and in control

Yeah I miss feeling like that. It's almost tempting to wish I could Charlie Gordon myself back into being a lib

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Come on Howie Dean why don't you tell us more about your brother who just happened to be backpacking across Cambodia as a private citizen in the 70s

*Crack, ping*

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

1stGear posted:

If you wanted an explanation as to what happened to Majorian

He got de-IK'd despite D&D mods thinking he was a good IK because USPOL didn't like him.

That's lame and disappointing.

Having followed some QCS threads, the whole problem appears to be a small cluster of D&D posters with poor mental health who revel in the drama/toxicity. It's some Tumblr poo poo.

Instead of being catered to, these people should be getting mental health breaks from the forums.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Accretionist posted:

That's lame and disappointing.

Having followed some QCS threads, the whole problem appears to be a small cluster of D&D posters with poor mental health who revel in the drama/toxicity. It's some Tumblr poo poo.

Instead of being catered to, these people should be getting mental health breaks from the forums.

It's the same clique that hangs out in discord all day with the mods and have a channel for bitching about forum drama and demanding the mods punish their posting enemies, so when you think about it it's a perfect microcosm of your typical liberal power structure

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because, imo, unions post ww2, gradually and then in the 70s extremely rapidly, gave up being antagonistic to capital and adopted policies of working with capital for the benefit of the workers. capital of course just went "lol yeah we'll work with you" and proceeded to strangle the unions who had abandoned any pretense of fighting back. then reagan broke the back of PATCO as a lesson to any union that still harbored notions of militarism

also people underestimate the damage organized crime did (on behalf of capital and the state) starting in ww2. organized crime controlled unions would start strikes to bankrupt unions, break strikes for unions they didn’t control, help organize blacklists, etc all while in active coordination with management

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

they don't actually though but desperately want to convince themselves this is the case, which is why you can watch them (here, in the media, on any social network, etc) go completely insane in real time

I mean how quickly did our own beloved debate forum go from "look I don't like him either but this is a tough question of harm reduction" to "honestly he's the best president we've ever ever had and what really is lying when you really think about it?"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

they don't actually though but desperately want to convince themselves this is the case, which is why you can watch them (here, in the media, on any social network, etc) go completely insane in real time

I mean how quickly did our own beloved debate forum go from "look I don't like him either but this is a tough question of harm reduction" to "honestly he's the best president we've ever ever had and what really is lying when you really think about it?"

my favorite take is "Joe swung hard to the left because he understands that he is the last hope for democracy"

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

my favorite take is "Joe swung hard to the left because he understands that he is the last hope for democracy"

he bide(n) for our sins

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

lmao it rules but the stuff we're going to be seeing on here a year from now is going to be some loving space alien poo poo. I can't wait.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

is pepsi ok posted:

there were polls that republicans thought the economy was doing terribly up until 2016 and immediately jumped like 40 points when trump took over. it's all team sports.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if this is the most left joe biden we can get, how much of a racist rapist business bootlicker was he 20 years ago

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

if this is the most left joe biden we can get, how much of a racist rapist business bootlicker was he 20 years ago

too much of one to get a job in the Clinton administration

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

I’m a progressive, and i think that everyone here inferring we should cut military spending is an absolute moron. The problem isn’t the military, the problem is the lack of spending and laws in other parts of our society. The only changes that should be made is the oversight of spending and empowering faster and harsher punishments to corrupt contracts and the underperformance and speed of acquisition of equipment received. You have no idea what being the world power gets us in regards to safety and the depth that the entire worlds monetary policies depend on it for stability. The amount of minorities who are able to get good wages, education, healthcare vs what they could in our racist civilian market.

who bought sunday friend an account lmao

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

"We can't cut defense spending because it pays for minority soldiers' healthcare" is a hall of fame take. Like I can't even be mad, I'm just in awe at the sophistry skills. Credit where credit is due.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Did he speak untruths?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
RIP DMX

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ruzihm posted:

I’m a progressive, and i think that everyone here inferring we should cut military spending is an absolute moron. The problem isn’t the military, the problem is the lack of spending and laws in other parts of our society. The only changes that should be made is the oversight of spending and empowering faster and harsher punishments to corrupt contracts and the underperformance and speed of acquisition of equipment received. You have no idea what being the world power gets us in regards to safety and the depth that the entire worlds monetary policies depend on it for stability. The amount of minorities who are able to get good wages, education, healthcare vs what they could in our racist civilian market.

"we HAVE to spend more money than the entire gdp of most nations on a plane that can't fly in the rain, because if we don't have this useless piece of poo poo we'll be vulnerable to attack!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

No fukn way. Like we've said for years that this needs to happen but yet again I never thought Biden of all presidents would do it. I know forming a Commission does not necessarily mean action but it's a necessary first step, which is more than I expected.

I wonder how much of this change in his tune since the election is from being pissed off about 1/6. Maybe it's some sort of bias on my part but that really seems to be when he started shifting left.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its actually very woke to increase the military budget because that allows us to build more planes that decapitate their pilot when they cross the international date line

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yinlock posted:

No fukn way. Like we've said for years that this needs to happen but yet again I never thought Biden of all presidents would do it. I know forming a Commission does not necessarily mean action but it's a necessary first step, which is more than I expected.

I wonder how much of this change in his tune since the election is from being pissed off about 1/6. Maybe it's some sort of bias on my part but that really seems to be when he started shifting left.

A president that actually listens to his advisors who are screaming 'your administration may be the last democratically elected one if SERIOUS poo poo DOES NOT CHANGE BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS AND ARE THIS CLOSE TO CONTROLLING ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT.'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

A president that actually listens to his advisors who are screaming 'your administration may be the last democratically elected one if SERIOUS poo poo DOES NOT CHANGE BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS AND ARE THIS CLOSE TO CONTROLLING ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT.'

just sheer fuckin delusion at every level

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

hmmm interesting how the republicans are 'this close to controlling all three branches' when we're being told Biden is riding some grand anti-republican mandate :thunk:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego posted:

Hugo Girlboss

Spacemang_spliff I am suing you for post plagiarism. I demand you cease and desist, and further, give me all the emptyquotes you have illegitimately gotten from using my work without proper attribution. I am not afraid to take this to QCS

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

by pure coincidence, shuttling Forbidden Topics off to their own threads allows them to maintain the delusion that joe biden is anywhere close to a decent human being

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
total non sequitur about whatever is being talked about right now

Holy poo poo I truly wish I had any sort of faith in the world right now to think that the democratic party would actually punish a sexual harasser at all. lmao.

Just imagine how blissful the world would feel.

just lmaoing at people truly believing at that anything at all will be done to andrew cuomo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that wasn't a shitpost it must genuinely feel nice to have that level faith in an institution like the democratic party. I mean, I feel comfort in my faith in my religion so I imagine if I also still felt like the institutions of man had accountability for the people who deserved it I'd be really loving chill.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Don't worry guys. DSA tells me that through labor organizing we will all have M4A.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

thats the stuff

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Apoplexy posted:

We all got our faults!

Kidding aside, I feel for Hunter more than I do for Joe. Joe caused Hunter's current behavior by being the evil piece of poo poo he's always been. It's like when Ben Stein's (adopted, which he never failed to mention in relation to the son) son was an EQ addict that his father emotionally abused and neglected for the entirety of his life until it came time to send him to a torture facility over... Everquest.

https://twitter.com/MandelaFace/status/1380294448358195204

that rules

if all the world's rich fail children would simply smoke crack and play everquest we'd have things sorted out in a couple generations. harmless in comparison to the Ws and Jebs and djt jrs

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

sexpig by night posted:

yea that wasn't a shitpost it must genuinely feel nice to have that level faith in an institution like the democratic party. I mean, I feel comfort in my faith in my religion so I imagine if I also still felt like the institutions of man had accountability for the people who deserved it I'd be really loving chill.

lol you brought up franken but franken resigned on his own and they didn't even get a chance to even start an INQUIRY ON HIM.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vim Fuego posted:

Spacemang_spliff I am suing you for post plagiarism. I demand you cease and desist, and further, give me all the emptyquotes you have illegitimately gotten from using my work without proper attribution. I am not afraid to take this to QCS

I'll see you in posting court!!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

lol you brought up franken but franken resigned on his own and they didn't even get a chance to even start an INQUIRY ON HIM.

When you phrase it like this, he probably did some actually super foul poo poo that even a cursory investigation would have dug up immediately huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'll see you in posting court!!

I would like to add that it is not my fault that 2 titans of posting would both independently make the same post