Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Most Yankees I loved as a kid are pieces of poo poo.....

https://twitter.com/jessespector/status/1380532040320360450

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Don't have heroes, baseball players are just chess pieces for teams to move around.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
They're letting Deadspin writers write politics again?

David Wells being a chud is in no way surprising

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
They didn't actually have a problem with the deadspin staff writing about politics. "Stick to sports" was about not wanting deadspin writers to publicly complain about their lousy business practices.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Braves have sent cash considerations (.jpg) to the Pirates for Edgar Santana, who has not pitched in the majors since 2018 following Tommy John and an 80-game PED suspension, 20 of which he is still serving.

Apr 7, 2003

Can't wait to add Cash Considerations to our booming minor league system. He'll do great alongside our other big prospect, Financial Flexibility.

Lots of naive Pirates fans out there cheering for a tank and rebuild when what we're getting here is 1994-2012.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if they told the astros if 85% of the crowd is fully masked up they can do one Legal Can Bang per game

Krispy Kreme giving away free daily donuts if you show your vaccination card has been more effective in getting people to get the vaccine than the CDC.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Krispy Kreme by me has had a line of people out the door all day every day since they started that program, so I can believe it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

After listening to years of Coomer, I looked up his BBR page and am heartbroken to report that for a power hitting third baseman he kind of stunk? Does anyone know why he was an all star in 1999 hitting .263/.307/.424 with 16 home runs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

After listening to years of Coomer, I looked up his BBR page and am heartbroken to report that for a power hitting third baseman he kind of stunk? Does anyone know why he was an all star in 1999 hitting .263/.307/.424 with 16 home runs?

look at the rest of the Twins that year

Apr 7, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

A guy with stats like this on the Pirates would immediately be made the face of the franchise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

look at the rest of the Twins that year

Was the one player per team rule in effect in '99?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it was still one player from each team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A guy with stats like this on the Pirates would immediately be made the face of the franchise.

Nah they traded that guy to the Nationals

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/michael_cerami/status/1380264661979951113?s=21

Blessed be to the math teacher looking relief pitcher

Apr 7, 2003

Miz Kriss posted:

Cool, my office is in this video

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Miz Kriss posted:

Kenny Powers Incarnate

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Miz Kriss posted:

An MLBer is literally the only one cool enough to wear that shirt.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If I were in the MLB I'd wear that shirt every day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Judge out and Aaron Hicks: 3 hole hitter for life.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's impressive how the Yankees best players are quite injury prone, and yet...I don't see how you don't pay Judge.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Yankees need to do yoga or something

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Judge is completely unreliable. It would be insane to pay him. (They probably will pay him)

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 9, 2021

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcmagic posted:

Judge is completely unreliable. It would be insane to pay him.

In his most unreliable season outside of a pandemic he put up 5.5 bWAR. In his other entirely unreliable season he put up 5.9 bWAR. To go along with an .853 OPS in 150+ PA's in the postseason.

The man should get heavily paid for 5 years with an option for a 6th or something barring an entirely lost season this year or next.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

In his most unreliable season outside of a pandemic he put up 5.5 bWAR. In his other entirely unreliable season he put up 5.9 bWAR. To go along with an .853 OPS in 150+ PA's in the postseason.

The man should get heavily paid for 5 years with an option for a 6th or something barring an entirely lost season this year or next.

That just shows how good he is but he has missed at least a third of each of the last 3 seasons, NTM him playing through injury the last 2 months of 2017 or he would've hit like 65 homers that year. He's one of the top 5 players in the sport when he plays but he's literally hurt all the time.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I think the biggest thing going against Judge is that the Yankees have that other guy who is very similar to Judge and they're already going to be paying through the teeth for him. The Stanton deal has gotta be a huge red flag for giving Judge a big contract

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“Paying though the teeth” lmao come on

It is true that I guess they Yankees have a budget so as you say paying 80 million a year for 2 dhs is probably not wise

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

“Paying though the teeth” lmao come on

It is true that I guess they Yankees have a budget so as you say paying 80 million a year for 2 dhs is probably not wise

I mean it's all relative otherwise we wouldn't have any discussion whatsoever on contracts since all owners are actual billionaires.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Stanton is essentially on a 7/188 right now (including this year) that the Yankees are paying.

Apr 7, 2003

Sounds like a perfect time for the Pirates to swoop in and pick up Judge.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Stanton is essentially on a 7/188 right now (including this year) that the Yankees are paying.

lol

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1380589211703779336
UGH Gio

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I agree the Yankees should let Judge walk because doing so would actively make them worse, and gently caress the Yankees.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
This ring ceremony is cringey as poo poo. For some reason they had Jimmy Rollins talking about how sad he was when the Dodgers won in 88. Now Bronson Arroyo is literally playing Wonderwall

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

So is Braun just sort of soft retired or is he just waiting for someone to get hurt and then emerge to hit a walk off dinger against the cubs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hard to believe this forum once liked Braun better than Pence

Apr 7, 2003

Ryan Braun gave a bunch of us the finger once

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

So is Braun just sort of soft retired or is he just waiting for someone to get hurt and then emerge to hit a walk off dinger against the cubs.

He basically said he was only interested in playing for the Brewers, who do not appear interested.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Look at how happy this man is :glomp:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Now Bronson Arroyo is literally playing Wonderwall

Wait, what? Why?!

Adbot