Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Some of the later Topaz's had the 3.0 V6 as an option. That might be tolerable, but I shudder to think how slow it would be with the standard 2.3L four-pot.

Also I think Ford was still putting 3-speed automatics in them. In 1992.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It was exactly as slow as you'd expect. My best friend in hs had a ~88 Topaz with the 4banger. But, he had a car.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-1983-dodge-rampage/7297874972.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Hey, I have a badge from one of those :q:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This is gold. Someone buy it and apply for title. Takes a long time, but it's totally worth it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
yeah but someone would have to go to Spokane

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Number_6 posted:

Some of the later Topaz's had the 3.0 V6 as an option. That might be tolerable, but I shudder to think how slow it would be with the standard 2.3L four-pot.

Also I think Ford was still putting 3-speed automatics in them. In 1992.

There were AWD versions too. A friend of a friend of mine had a two door 5 speed one that was super mint. His grandfather raced rotary cars on a circle track in the 70s and made an audio recording of a race. First time I saw the car he was driving around listening to a rotary circle track car on the tape deck instead of music

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

yeah but someone would have to go to Spokane

Saves having to make a second trip for enough meth to get that RAMPAGE whipped into shape.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=97431

Last thing i need right now, but look at all that passion and soul.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I love that Toronado Trofeo on the previous page - always have. Best looking W-body.
And that Bonneville - that's the supercharged version, isn't it? Yes, please.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Darchangel posted:

I love that Toronado Trofeo on the previous page - always have. Best looking W-body.
And that Bonneville - that's the supercharged version, isn't it? Yes, please.

I had no idea the Trofeo was even a thing. Am I a scrofulous chickenfucker if I called it "an olds monte carlo"?

The additional photos for that Bonneville made it look as clean as that Topaz, but I just then looked through Kijiji to post them and the ad is gone. Consolation price: another black Bonneville from Alberta for around the same price but ten years younger?

2004 Pontiac bonneville GXP V8 engine, 4.6 L fun car to drive, fully loaded, heated seats in the front, big trunk, sunroof. Body in great shape, except for a little diy rust patch underneath the gas tank lid(see in photos). Does leak about 1L of oil between oil changes. Call, text or email. Thanks, Rob.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Darchangel posted:

Toronado was never a W Body, it's an E Body.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've never seen this disclaimer before but now I'm going to be worried about any ad that doesn't have it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Friends don't let friends buy a Northstar.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
A Northstar that eats a liter of oil between changes? loving run.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I've never heard of them drinking oil a major issue...coolant on the other hand...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Ror posted:

I've never seen this disclaimer before but now I'm going to be worried about any ad that doesn't have it.

Should be a checkbox in Craigslist/FBM.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Number of bases hit in this car: 3

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

StormDrain posted:

Number of bases hit in this car: 3

The Meat Loaf field

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Colostomy Bag posted:

Friends don't let friends buy a Northstar.

I am justly shamed, I forgot it was the Northstar in these things

Heed his warning, friends

Possibly the only interesting car for sale in my region right now:

1997 Buick Regal

$3,500

200,000 km

For sale is my 1997 regal gs. Car is in great shape for the year and is originally from alberta. Car has paint issues on the roof hood and trunk but that is common for these cars. Will only need front breaks for inspection. Comes with summer and winter tires on rims.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A problem on those with the 4t65 is the PCS. Can't be replaced without dropping down the subframe.

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Holy poo poo that Topaz is loving mint. I can't think of the last time I saw one of the Tempo/Topaz twins, let alone one that clean.

There certainly seem to be enough of them around in BC (particularly Kelowna and points south) - probably seen at least half a dozen of the things driving around since I moved here last September and a bunch more up for sale. Really anywhere in the interior will have a decent handful of ratty but to some degree looked after late 80s shitboxes bombing around still...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1987-astro-van-custom/1558553185

raaaaad

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Nebakenezzer posted:

This van has been converted into a camper van, HOWEVER, there have been no permanent modifications to the body of the van itself. All you need to do to convert back to the original state is undo two tracks that hold down the flooring and remove a seat. At that point you unhook the floor and pull out the plywood. Then lay down the carpet, and reattach the seats. Done.

“Yeah ive shat in that bucket in the van why do you ask?”

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

“Yeah ive shat in that bucket in the van why do you ask?”

Yeah but has he wanked in it?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hit that smoothing tool pretty hard.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’ve not been this conflicted about something here in a long time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Is that a loving hot tub in the back?

Oh hell yesss

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

reported for fraud (is not actually a van)

Also if this was mine I'd write "Van or Astro-Van?" down the side

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh hell yesss

Are there seatbelts in the hot tub? There should be

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Hot Tub in the back? For sure!

This one is special

Convair 240 Airplane-RV Conversion with International Diesel Engine $27,950 posted:

Odometer: 9800
VIN# 14R show contact info
Engine: International
Transmission: Automatic
Description
this is a great item to place on your property and rent it out as an air bnb then take it out for a weekend trip!
The ‘’Andromeda’’ is for sale. I’ve seen many RV’s in my time, but THIS ONE takes the cake! How cool would it be to live in an airplane converted into an RV. Think you could live in something like this…? All off grid possible, powered by 50 amp landline plus generator and solar power, this would be a very unique way to live sustainably. Enjoy a few drinks in your personal Jacuzzi in the living area inside the main body of a real retired aircraft. Andromeda is registered with the state of California, albeit as a 1979 Pace Arrow motorhome. A rescued 1957 Convair 240 airplane became 1980’s motorhome with full amenities, and even a hot tub! The tail section ramp raises and lowers electrically. A huge berth is located in the overhang including electric fans , stereo and you can open the roof and sleep with the stars. There are also bunk beds located in the plane located behind the cockpit, the plane sleeps 4. Also included is a bathroom, and a kitchen. Built on a heavy duty Diesel chassis with International diesel engine.
The plane cockpit has two seats and is drivable on both seats.
Built in the early 1980s by Tony Tosta and Jason Von Straussenburg. Jason, with help from Tony and others, renovated a 54-foot airplane, took out the undercarriage and replaced it with the inner-workings of a Pace Arrow motorhome. Dubbed the Andromeda after the Ethiopian princess of Greek mythology, the plane was parked behind the auto house on Trigo Road, where Jason worked. It was hidden behind some bamboo and brush, but being a huge airplane. Andromeda is registered with the state of California, albeit as a 1979 Pace Arrow motorhome. The Andromeda can cruise down the freeway at a comfortable 65 mph The Andromeda even had its brush with fame. When Toad the Wet Sprocket came to play in Santa Barbara in the ’90s, they used the Andromeda as a sort of greenhouse.There is plenty of storage in the cargo area. The plane/RV needs some TLC and paint job to make it perfect.

edit, it's worth clicking through, because I am not going to reupload all the pictures, but someone else absolutely should imo

edit edit

link
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/avo/d/ventura-convair-240-airplane-rv/7302585656.html

edit edit

fine here's the gallery
https://imgur.com/gallery/jz2s9N0

Hermsgervørden fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 12, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Toad the wet sprocket smoked weed in there? Sign me up

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

Also if this was mine I'd write "Van or Astro-Van?" down the side

"rear end-tro Van". Forget the cash or the grass if you want a ride.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
The most amazing thing about it is that it purports to be road legal in CA and I just don’t think it would fly here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hermsgervørden posted:

The most amazing thing about it is that it purports to be road legal in CA and I just don’t think it would fly here.

:dadjoke:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/228604295711337/

This won’t last long (probably a scam)

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Q_res posted:

A Northstar that eats a liter of oil between changes? loving run.

I thought that a liter/quart over 5k miles was pretty acceptable for an engine getting up there in years? Or is it the Northstar part?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
For FCA that was acceptable for new engines, at least a few years ago. I assume it still is, because quality control isn't exactly a priority.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That's about what my '09 Camry Hybrid burned through, although those 2.4 engines had a reputation for burning out the rings prematurely. My '99 EJ22 is well past that but it's also at 218k miles, it burns about 2 quarts per 5k miles now. The way I look at it, it's just reminding me to stay on track with my oil changes. Last time I got lazy when I was putting tons of miles on it I got the idiot light at 7k miles, but thankfullly I didn't have shiny oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Q_res posted:

Toronado was never a W Body, it's an E Body.

Dammit, you're right. I was thinking of the '89 Cutlass Supreme I got the digital gauge cluster I have out of.

Price is a fantasy, but I can't hate the vehicle.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh hell yesss

Oh, gently caress yes.