Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Inspector Hound posted:

An eggplant bong would be disgusting

the idea that you deserve nice things is bourgeois capitalist mentality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Just do a morning bump if you're tired

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
if you smoke enough weed you'll wake up still high, it's my little lifehack

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

picked up the longer condenser and a spinning mouthpiece for my dynavap and kind of feel like a dipshit for not doing it months ago

got a nice wooden mid section coming soon too

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dynavap upgrades :swoon:

I've got a fully stock 2018 M that has never wronged man nor god

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Just do a morning bump if you're tired

Been awhile since I did this but yeah.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
never actually looked at a dynavap before and it looks like some kinda weird cross between a vape and a pipe? wtf is this black magic

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Kazinsal posted:

never actually looked at a dynavap before and it looks like some kinda weird cross between a vape and a pipe? wtf is this black magic

It's a vape with a mechanical temperature sensor - it clicks to tell you its reached temp, and it clicks again to tell you it's cooled back off

I've got a creme brulee torch that I get mine to temp with, from cold the first cycle takes maybe seven or eight seconds, once it's warm each successive heat cycle is maybe four

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Kazinsal posted:

The basic idea is you put weed into a solid metal oven, put a cap over it which clicks at a set temperature, heat the oven evenly by spinning it, and there's a long air path through a condenser in the main body which cools the vapor down. Suck it down until the cap clicks again as the cap/weed cools down. It's portable, pretty difficult to damage*, and of course does not require any electricity, just a torch lighter. It works quite well, but it's pretty small and requires multiple heating and cooling cycles to get the most out of your weed.

* If you heat the cap too much it can break and not click correctly. I think my cap might be a little wonky due to this, but it still works.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

also easy to gently caress up and burn the weed if you're not careful, there's definitely a technique to it but it's a really excellent 1:1 vape substitute for a traditional one-hitter. they sell dugouts with magnets on em to hold the cap while you empty/reload the bowl too.

$75 for a reliable, simple vaporizer made in the US out of stainless steel + titanium that will last virtually forever (aside from o-rings, which even still last years with regular use) and can be heated with pretty much any heat source. truly the people's vaporizer

e - also the mouthpiece on the M model is tapered to fit in a 10mm female joint. so you can run it directly into a water piece too. stoner ingenuity at its finest.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
drat that's neat. might look into that once I'm out of the place I'm currently renting and into a new one since I'll be less horribly concerned about potentially offending my landlord with weed smells (moving from a 30 year old basement suite to a brand new "luxury" apartment building, woot)

in the meantime I checked off the line "weed lol" on my pre-move to-do list because the BC government store was doing sales for online orders running up to 4/20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/NrhcNVA.mp4

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tmfc posted:

also easy to gently caress up and burn the weed if you're not careful, there's definitely a technique to it but it's a really excellent 1:1 vape substitute for a traditional one-hitter. they sell dugouts with magnets on em to hold the cap while you empty/reload the bowl too.

$75 for a reliable, simple vaporizer made in the US out of stainless steel + titanium that will last virtually forever (aside from o-rings, which even still last years with regular use) and can be heated with pretty much any heat source. truly the people's vaporizer

e - also the mouthpiece on the M model is tapered to fit in a 10mm female joint. so you can run it directly into a water piece too. stoner ingenuity at its finest.

they’re not as good as they used to be IMO; mass production woes. look after a 2017 or 2018 model — the machining on the 2020 I had was obviously worse.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
gonna do a dab real quick here

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

they’re not as good as they used to be IMO; mass production woes. look after a 2017 or 2018 model — the machining on the 2020 I had was obviously worse.

yeah, the shape of the 2020 is pretty stupid, hence upgrading to a better midsection. I also have a 2018 SS tip and the Ti tip they've been selling for the past few years (not the most recent). my favorite is the Ti tip through a WPA.

the 2021 looks a bit nicer in terms of shape but it's pretty clear they're trying to reduce the amount of steel / weight per unit with each revision, and not in a "saving the earth" way.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

haha good kitty :3:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i just spilled a half ounce of weed onto my carpet and had to spend 20 minutes picking cat hair out of it

should have vacuumed more

:sad:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

e: oh theres a whole thread just for growing things nm

i am harry has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Apr 10, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

i am harry posted:

does anyone here grow indoors using a tent? where do you put the duct, out a window?

Window or sliding glass door, dryer exhaust, you could cut a hole in the wall if you aren't renting (or you're extremely confident in your home repair skills).

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Window or sliding glass door, dryer exhaust, you could cut a hole in the wall if you aren't renting (or you're extremely confident in your home repair skills).

circulate back indoors and get that free heat, thanks inefficient lights. even better than my gaming rig!

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

you are consistently one of the best posters in this thread

thank you for your service

keep it up

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

do the carbon filters neutralize it for the most part? I'm guessing they work well enough for the duct poking out of a window but if the duct is just poking out of a tent into the room it's in, the whole basement still smells like weed?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

circulate back indoors and get that free heat, thanks inefficient lights. even better than my gaming rig!

I wouldn't mind that but the smell bothers some people, plus it's better to get some new air in there

i am harry posted:

do the carbon filters neutralize it for the most part? I'm guessing they work well enough for the duct poking out of a window but if the duct is just poking out of a tent into the room it's in, the whole basement still smells like weed?

A carbon filter will eliminate smell, but you still want to run hot air out of the tent and cool air in. The simple way is a tube in (or not, your tent probably isn't perfectly air tight), a tube out through a filter and a window or whatever, and a fan inside the tent, but you can make it as complicated as you want from there

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 05:45 on Apr 10, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

I wouldn't mind that but the smell bothers some people, plus it's better to get some new air in there

A carbon filter will eliminate smell, but you still want to run hot air out of the tent and cool air in. The simple way is a tube in (or not, your tent probably isn't perfectly air tight), a tube out through a filter and a window or whatever, and a fan inside the tent, but you can make it as complicated as you want from there

a strong filter is good enough for zero smells, imho, but ymmv.

even without a negative pressure carbon scrubber, def smells better than a litter box, pet half of the thread :colbert:

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Apr 10, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm out of weed until Monday

say a little prayer for your pal smarxist

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

smarxist posted:

I've got two small pieces of edible left. Come on down!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

smarxist posted:

I went to the weed store yesterday I'm stocked for a month lmfao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Light bulbs in a video game use real electricity.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Sunday funday

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Someone get Kentucky to legalize it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Full legalization now.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Full legalization now.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Full legalization now.

sorry, it turns out puddingbrain and girlcop are too busy bombing syria to deal with legalization. better luck in 2024!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

sorry, it turns out puddingbrain and girlcop are too busy bombing syria to deal with legalization. better luck in 2024!

Lol I got scolded on Twitter before the election because Joe Biden was already surely committed to legalization, then scolded after the election because don't you see, there's nothing Joe Biden can do to legalize cannabis

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
cartridges of 'oil' make my lungs feel bad, looking for a portable (flower) vape for walkabouts. historically these have all sucked, but i've heard ok things about the arizer. the air, solo, and argo all look basically the same. argo seems like a good fit for walking and occasionally something like camping from what i can tell? do i want something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Delta-Wye posted:

cartridges of 'oil' make my lungs feel bad, looking for a portable (flower) vape for walkabouts. historically these have all sucked, but i've heard ok things about the arizer. the air, solo, and argo all look basically the same. argo seems like a good fit for walking and occasionally something like camping from what i can tell? do i want something else?

I have the solo 2. for walking around I would recommend the fury edge over this or the mighty. (glass is fragile and you can use capsules in the edge )