Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmfao yup that's the guy, glad I remembered right.

Massey is west Auckland's meth capital btw, not a week goes by without a lab burning down a house somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

Fair enough.

Tangential remark: if you are storing your bikes outside, you should try to chain them to something solid (even a $50 scooter).

I forget which one of these CA threads this was in, but someone had a scooter just sitting out back with a paper sign "please don't steal" for several years and that seemed to work.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

Try 'the two separate tanks are a scam, I've developed a way to combine them in one LPG canister for $$$$$' followed by an enormous explosion, which I'm told put some body parts on the neighbor's two story roof.

:stare:
"It wasn't a loud bang. I looked up and I saw bits of shrapnel above me, bits of steel and iron and wood. I turned around to say, 'Howard you idiot' but when I turned around the shed was flat."

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
premixing fuel and oxidiser, to save time :wtf:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Now that's the kind of disruptive thinking we're looking for at SpaceX!

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Go on, take the money and run.
Obviously not directly motorcycle related but since he's our mascot of sorts around here:

I would like to point out that the random picture of his LiveWire at the end there features a sticker from AHRMA, the racing league that banned him and he has sworn to destroy.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
this is why kids should be bullied

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

He's mentally ill. He needs therapy and maybe some brain drugs

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

He needs therapy and maybe some brain drugs

Hell :same:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Razzled posted:

this is why kids should be bullied

Yup.

Ask him if he likes anime.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Yup.

Ask him if he likes anime.

You seem really into anime lately :raise:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You seem really into anime lately :raise:

Probably because I

Sagebrush posted:

need therapy and maybe some brain drugs

But I already tried both and they didn't work so hating anime is all that keeps me going.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Frankly you all brought this on yourself.

And this is a strong contender for Slavvy's next avatar:

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Bakuon is pretty funny actually, Jesus rides an Intruder.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
buncha fuckin weebs in my cycle asylum

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Bakuon is pretty funny actually, Jesus rides an Intruder.

I actually enjoyed Bakuon (to a degree).
It's funny, the Jesus stuff was a riot, The Stig stuff was funny, also the design of the bikes was good. (CB 400 Super Four :nice:)

But then...the Talking (transgender?) bike stuff was a little odd. Still funny. Just odd.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

mewse
May 2, 2006

:lol:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ya Bakuon is fun, same with Rolling Girls.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I received a voucher for the UKs largest bike gear shop (SBS). Great, always want new gear.

Was going to buy a Tech-Air 5 with it, but because of the argon they can’t send them to homes, so I had to wait until after lockdown.

Lockdown eases, shops open. Brexit has decimated the supply chain and SBS has nothing I want. Not even some gloves.

Moving back to NZ in two weeks. Was really hoping to pick up some replacement gear before paying the tiny island markup.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Oh wow I forgot about Brexit piling onto supply issues for you all over there.

Maybe use it to load up on accessories that can be flown back without too much hassle?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh wow I forgot about Brexit piling onto supply issues for you all over there.

Maybe use it to load up on accessories that can be flown back without too much hassle?

Yeah. Nothing that I need/want is available though. I had a shortlist of what to buy, but it’s all out of stock in my sizes.

X-XXXL have pick of the litter right now.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Came back to my bike after lunch yesterday and saw my rear tire was flat.

"drat. Oh well. At least I joined the AMA last month which includes free roadside assistance. I just got my membership card a couple days ago this is great timing. And I have a brand new set of tires at home since these are about done anyway." I think to myself. I dialed the number on the AMA card where I immediately get disconnected twice. The third call informs me they can't find my membership number. I offer to send a picture of the physical card I'm holding with the number on it. No, no, that won't help.

AMA roadside assistance phone operator then inquires about my bike which, as some of you know, is an electric Energica. They can't find that manufacturer. Operator asks for VIN. "Wow that's weird the VIN doesn't pull up anything." I suggest she can use it on a DMV website to verify and am told that won't help.

Because they can't find my ID and membership services are closed already the best they can offer is to call a tow company, have me pay out of pocket, and then apply for a reimbursement later. Which will probably work. I mean, no guarantee but probably.

In the end a nearby friend drove out and patched my tire then inflated it so I could get home. But he used one of those mushroom patches that Fortnine condemned. I feel like a choosy beggar but I think, considering this tire only had about another 1k miles in it, I'm going to give my bike new tires today.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

And you're also going to cancel your AMA membership and demand your money paid into it pack back to you as a result of AMA failing to do their jobs.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Undecided as of yet. What I do have is direct contact info for Rob Dingman, the head of the AMA. I'm contemplating how I might share my experience with him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I had an AMA membership for a while but eventually realized that it costs the same to upgrade to the premium AAA which includes motorcycle towing so now I just do that instead. One card and company to deal with instead of two. Plus you can do a bunch of DMV stuff at the AAA office which is so much nicer.

(technically you can always get your motorcycle towed with AAA, even with the cheap plan; they just pass on the call to a local tow company so in theory if you insist that they send out a flatbed truck, it's up to the driver to decide whether to load your bike and he gets paid either way. But the premium membership has an actually useful free towing limit so idk it's still a good deal)

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
You need to create your own version of AMA and put them out of business forever. Maybe hire tire engineers from Michelin to do on the spot tire replacements. Also, maybe some medical staff for first aid in crashes?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Don't forget promotion, you can start with lining up Beyonce and Justin Bieber to do song spots.

I wonder how good my insurance company's roadside assistance is, I've never had to use it but always pick it up because it's ridiculously cheap ($10 for a year with Progressive). Which probably means it has all kinds of stupid restrictions I didn't bother to read the fine print on.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

You need to create your own version of AMA and put them out of business forever. Maybe hire tire engineers from Michelin to do on the spot tire replacements. Also, maybe some medical staff for first aid in crashes?

only if Lenny Kravitz will play a concert while I'm waiting on the tire change

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU SLIGHTED ME, DINGMAN

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

LodeRunner posted:

Undecided as of yet. What I do have is direct contact info for Rob Dingman, the head of the AMA. I'm contemplating how I might share my experience with him.

I'm gonna need you to pull a "Do you know who my dad is?" on him.

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm gonna need you to pull a "Do you know who my dad is?" on him.

Dingman used to chauffeur dad around in a golf cart during AMA Vintage Days. That's how we met him.

edit- Dad had trouble walking due to a bad crash in 1976. He requested assistance getting around Vintage Days and so the AMA sent someone in a golf cart to ferry him around. A guy comes and picks dad and me up and dad starts a conversation with him. "So, how'd YOU get a golf cart?"

"Well, I'm the president of the AMA."

"... You can't be the president you're just a kid"

Rob laughed and presented his ID. They've been friends ever since.

LodeRunner fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 16, 2021

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coydog posted:

Maybe hire tire "engineers" from dying forums SomethingAwful.com to do on the spot tire replacements. Also, maybe some medical staff for first aid in crashes?

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

Another sidetrack from motorcycle but I've been informed that Our Mascot basically was supposed to split the inheritance with his sister; the money was in a trust. As he used all of it to buy ridiculous motorcycles and powertrains she's now taking him to court. Hence the "stolen" Energicas he needs to claim for insurance. And now this:

*Note: there was a picture of a dead cat on this first that I've cropped out because jesus christ

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

:stare:

Ok what the gently caress, I feel at this point this is either a joke that's gone way too far or this guy needs serious treatment quick

LodeRunner
Dec 27, 2003

My personal theory is that the reality of being taken to court and being liable for $100k+ is dawning on him so he's possibly looking to create massive insurance fraud. It started with the Energica powertrains. Now one of two things happened: His cat got mauled by wildlife and he saw this as an opportunity to create a wild story and raise money to "clone" it (aka adopt a free white kitten and pocket $40k), or he literally murdered his cat with this plan in mind. I'm not going to respond to him any more. About anything.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He is a mentally ill person and his particular brand of crazy is one where he compulsively takes million to one bets because in his mind they're a sure thing if you just believe hard enough. Bipolar meets the secret.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
I'm not one to deal with the legal system unnecessarily, but you might want to save every one of those screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ooof dude is in it deep.

I hope he’s like....physically ok :smith: