Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You'll get rare replay on the switch via xcloud and like it, mr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

bushisms.txt posted:

The shelf

If Phil got Nintendo to put gamepass on the switch, craziness.

Look at this guy, I'm surprised there's no bong on the shelf. I'm pretty sure he's gone on record saying he wants Game Pass on as many platforms as possible so I don't think it's unreasonable to consider it may end up on Switch, especially since there's supposed to be a new model coming with more powerful hardware. I think Nintendo would welcome it as well because they've been needing to expand their studios for too long and still haven't, so Game Pass would fill in droughts between their first party releases for them.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Isn’t it more likely it’s something along the lines of the Ori ports
Moon is technically still independent (no idea what stops them from releasing on PS tbh), could be Minecraft

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

You'll get rare replay on the switch via xcloud and like it, mr.

As long as it means that I can play Viva Pinata on my Switch, then I'm ok with this.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

teagone posted:

Started playing Fallen Order. Thanks Game Pass! This'll be my first "souls-like" or whatever, so I put it on Jedi Knight difficulty because I'm trash. I was told not to fight Oggdo Bogdo when Cal first lands on Bagano, but I couldn't help myself and after like 4 (5?) tries I was able to kill the thing, lmao. That was very satisfying, and figured it was a good way for me to acclimate myself to the dodge/parry system. Game is pretty ok so far.

I found Jedi Knight difficulty to be pretty balanced. It keeps it fun by still being pretty challenging without getting frustrating. Enjoy it!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

Started playing Fallen Order. Thanks Game Pass! This'll be my first "souls-like" or whatever,
oh

oh no

It's one of the worst ones of those so if you come to think it's bad then try not to write off all the other games like it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its like a bad souls game with dumb uncharted climbing/puzzles and a ton of backtracking but its still kinda good despite it and the bugs.

7/10

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
It's the only souls-lite type of game that I've ever played as well an I enjoyed it thoroughly. Although in my aging reflexes I didn't beat Oggdo Bogdo even after like 9 tries, I found the rest of the game really balanced and then I stopped playing after what seemed like 30 attempts at the last boss. :shrug:
I have Sekiro on XboxSeries X, which I hear is very aggressive/parry game play, but I've never touched it. Is there a better one to search out if I enjoyed Jedi?
I bought an Xbox on a whim because I was waiting for a PS5 on a discord server, I was going to sell it at cost to someone at work for their kid but no one wanted it, everyone wanted PS5. I was stoked the MLB the Show was even going to be on the system, then I get it FREE!?! Microsoft is just trying to snuff out everyone right here aren't they?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope buy nintendo and put mario on steam

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

maniacripper posted:

I have Sekiro on XboxSeries X, which I hear is very aggressive/parry game play, but I've never touched it. Is there a better one to search out if I enjoyed Jedi?
I recently played Code Vein on Game Pass and I'd say it's a decent choice for folks looking for a friendlier Souls-like experience as long as you're not completely opposed to anime. The level design is pretty meh but apart from that I think it's a better game than Jedi.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jedi Fallen order is a buggy piece of crap

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The best part about Jedi was it was a Star Wars game. The worst part was everything else. I don’t think I’ve ever anger-finished a game like I did that one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That map can for sure gently caress off

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Fallen Order was a good game with a few flaws that hopefully get addressed if they decide to do a second one. Fast travel is at the top of that list for sure. I really enjoyed my time with it, and can't wait to see what a sequel would look like.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Jedi Fallen order is a buggy piece of crap

I played thru it on an X a few months ago and don't recall any meaningful bugs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cal Kestis' run animation is goofy as gently caress, lmao.

Akuma posted:

oh

oh no

It's one of the worst ones of those so if you come to think it's bad then try not to write off all the other games like it

I've spent just over 3ish hours in it already I think. I'm enjoying it.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Does cross-play extend to doing online co-op with someone on Xbox while I'm on PC? I'm asking about Sea of Thieves in particular if that matters.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

pthighs posted:

Does cross-play extend to doing online co-op with someone on Xbox while I'm on PC? I'm asking about Sea of Thieves in particular if that matters.

I've played Sea of Thieves coop online with one of my buddies who had the PC version.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

pthighs posted:

Answered above, but in general it depends. Some games will do it but you have to enable a certain setting to fully enable cross-play. For some games this only works with specific versions of the PC game (e.g. Deep Rock Galactic you can cross-play Xbox and Win10 Store PC version but not Steam version).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

maniacripper posted:

I picked up Sekiro after playing Fallen Order (which I enjoyed), and I loved it. Incredible game. Ended up doing like 4 new game+ runs to get all the endings and cheevos. The combat is more difficult than Jedi but also fairer and more consistent, IMO.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sekiro is amazing. One of the best action games ever made.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sekiro is amazing. One of the best action games ever made.
:hai:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I really want those new Xbox wireless headphones, but they’re not available anywhere unless I want to pay +50% on eBay to scalpers. I’ve been keeping an eye out since they launched but not got close so far, and it’s getting annoying now. :(

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Haven't played Sekiro but I feel Metal Gear Rising would probably be a good warm-up since I think it has the same parry mechanics but eases you in more gently? Think it might be on sale right now as well.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I have played over half a dozen souls-like games and bounced off all of them except fallen order (which was a slog).

It took me many attempts over several years to get into the Witcher 3, so I keep trying one every few months, hoping it’ll finally click. But tbh, I’m losing hope. Maybe I just suck at them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Haven't played Sekiro but I feel Metal Gear Rising would probably be a good warm-up since I think it has the same parry mechanics but eases you in more gently? Think it might be on sale right now as well.

They dont play the same really.
Mgr you parry by challenging the incoming attack by moving the analog stick towards it and attacking iirc. Sekiro you tap a button.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Has anyone had any issues with save files being lost on the Series X? Specifically with regards to Devil May Cry V: Special Edition? I have had the game crash twice now and both times I have lost nearly all my progress. Most recent time, today, I lost about four playthroughs worth of collectibles and unlockables. Really annoying.

I haven't seen anyone else talk about it, at least outside of Steam threads from a few years ago. I also haven't yet had this issue with any other game, though I only recently got my Series X and haven't put much time into any game apart from DMCV.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I really enjoyed Fallen Order. Didn't encounter any bugs and it runs at a smooth 60fps on Series X thanks to the optimisation patch.

Only thing that bothered me was the lack of fast travel/waypoint system because some of those areas are really annoying to navigate to if you want to backtrack for a collectible.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fanatic posted:

Only thing that bothered me was the lack of fast travel/waypoint system because some of those areas are really annoying to navigate to if you want to backtrack for a collectible.

Yeah, not looking forward to all the backtracking without a fast travel system. You'd think they would've integrated that into the meditation circles because it makes 100% sense to do that, right? They're using the Worlds Between Worlds aesthetic, so I don't know why that's a game component they failed to integrate.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

teagone posted:

Yeah, not looking forward to all the backtracking without a fast travel system. You'd think they would've integrated that into the meditation circles because it makes 100% sense to do that, right? They're using the Worlds Between Worlds aesthetic, so I don't know why that's a game component they failed to integrate.

Yeah, for the most part the decision not to include fast travel via bonfire is kinda weird and lovely, because honestly for about 90% of the collectible hunting stuff is fairly accessible via shortcuts. But if you're trying to 100% hoo boy, there are some real bad tedious sections of backtracking and boring rear end non-gameplay in your future.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There also are a couple areas that have fast travel but it's always heavily restricted and/or only for the purpose of getting back to the ship a little faster once you've trekked to the rear end end of the map for a lightsaber grip. IIRC there's one on kashyyk but it only goes one way, from the top of the tree down to somewhere around the base. Zeffo hilariously has the three elevators that will only take you up. If you want to go down, you have to find the matching ice slide. It's like they got halfway to letting you open up shortcuts after going through an area, like Dark Souls or Sekiro do, and then just said gently caress it, good enough.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

irpoweroutlet posted:

I have played over half a dozen souls-like games and bounced off all of them except fallen order (which was a slog).

It took me many attempts over several years to get into the Witcher 3, so I keep trying one every few months, hoping it’ll finally click. But tbh, I’m losing hope. Maybe I just suck at them.

I don't like souls-like games at all myself. Witcher 3 isn't one but I only started loving that one when I set the difficulty to the lowest setting.

I think the combat in the Witcher sucks but the world is fantastic to explore and learn about.

Also, I'm bad at games which could explain all of the above.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah Witcher 3 is in no way a souls like

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

I don't like souls-like games at all myself. Witcher 3 isn't one but I only started loving that one when I set the difficulty to the lowest setting.

I think the combat in the Witcher sucks but the world is fantastic to explore and learn about.

Also, I'm bad at games which could explain all of the above.

I was probably one of the biggest Witcher 3 fans when that game came out (Still think it's great) but you're right I kind of overlook that the combat is just not great. I don't hate it to be honest, it just isn't the best and I don't blame people for basically skipping it and putting it on easy

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Yeah Witcher 3 is in no way a souls like

Yeah, I didn’t mean that it is, just that’s it’s a game that didn’t click for me for ages

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!
Yeah, some devs don't put much love into difficulty settings. They'll just make the enemies stronger and fatter. Tuned poorly it just becomes a grind.

That's why I love Kojima. That harder the setting, the more of a dipshit you become.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Why is the pre-install for MLB The Show only 272 MB? Are they always like that? I’ve never pre-installed before, I thought it downloaded the full game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kevyn posted:

Why is the pre-install for MLB The Show only 272 MB? Are they always like that? I’ve never pre-installed before, I thought it downloaded the full game.

Depends on the game I think? It did a similar thing back when DQ11 came out, it was listed in the store via game pass for months before it was available but you were able to download a preinstall, and then it downloaded the full game on release date. Iirc Grounded did something like this as well. Not sure what the deal is though :shrug:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Preloads that are more than a few days out are usually a tiny placeholder. It should auto-update to a full download closer to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Ever watch a streamer freak out so much at a horror game you think they are gonna have a heart attack?