Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So long as it is entertaining I don't think we really care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RBA Starblade posted:

I think you can get a SLDF mech with ECM through the black market if you're patient too, can't you? The one added in the final patch?

Wait there's an SLDF mech with ECM? I thought ECM was only on the Raven and Cataphract unless you found the standalone unit.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There isn't. RBA clearly plays with the BEXCE mod though!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Wait there's an SLDF mech with ECM? I thought ECM was only on the Raven and Cataphract unless you found the standalone unit.

The Royal Griffin is supposed to have ECM according to Sarna, but unfortunately it wasn't updated in BT when the DLC came out.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Royal Griffin doesn't really need any more buffs, let alone a 1.5 ton ECM suite.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Not related to anything specific, but I do hope Harebrained get to make more Battletech stuff. I know it didn't sell just as well as they might have hoped but I enjoyed it all the way through.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's an LP, so I'm of the opinion to show off the ECM thing, but don't do it more than once.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I do play with mods lol but I could've sworn at least one of the dozen or so SLDF mech variants HBS put in last update had it on there. :shrug:

E: oh maybe it's the Not SLDF Cataphract yeah. Is that locked behind the one fp as well?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 10, 2021

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

RBA Starblade posted:

I do play with mods lol but I could've sworn at least one of the dozen or so SLDF mech variants HBS put in last update had it on there. :shrug:

E: oh maybe it's the Not SLDF Cataphract yeah. Is that locked behind the one fp as well?

He's already bumped into one in random missions

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 0X? I must have just missed that lol, never mind

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

RBA Starblade posted:

The 0X? I must have just missed that lol, never mind

it's easy to do. They are covered by ECM, after all

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, I did it.

I turned the Dragon into a 'Mech so good that I feel ashamed to use it.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

evilmiera posted:

Not related to anything specific, but I do hope Harebrained get to make more Battletech stuff. I know it didn't sell just as well as they might have hoped but I enjoyed it all the way through.

I was under the impression they did far, far better than they expected?

I remember that the one lady, (story writer? scenario writer?) used to post here before getting chased off by weirdos.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, I did it.

Go on...

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, I did it.

We expect video evidence of this.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, I did it.

House Kurita has assassinated Poptarts and replaced him with a loyal agent.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

House Kurita wouldn't need to assassinate him. He's a Drac, the Coordinator would just invite him to visit the palace gardens.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Joey Steel posted:

I was under the impression they did far, far better than they expected?

I remember that the one lady, (story writer? scenario writer?) used to post here before getting chased off by weirdos.

The base game did alright I think, but the DLC not as much, hence them being bought up. But I may be misremembering.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, I did it.

Video or it didn't happen

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ok. Spoilers for a few updates from now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
That's not that far off from how I salvaged a Nightstar in my current career mode run.

I did it with a UAC-10 though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I applaud your methods PTN

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

:discourse:

Makes me wonder if I actually picked up that COIL-L I saw in a shop a few planets ago...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Oh man, I know how you did that.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can't wait to see Johnny's commentary on that

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Not empty quoting. Also enjoying your LP so far. Also headshooting everything with called shots is basically how lategame plays out usually. I used to have a grasshopper loaded with small and medium lasers, jump point blank onto an enemy and called shot their head which instakills them half the time.

I want to see you break this game, then break it some more. :getin:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

evilmiera posted:

The base game did alright I think, but the DLC not as much, hence them being bought up. But I may be misremembering.

Steamspy says between 1 and 2 million owners on Steam, which is better than all right.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

And that's just Steam, I'm sure there's a couple hundred thousand owners via GOG (like me :v:)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

PoptartsNinja posted:

you remember soulmata, from the TW discord? he and i have known each other for like 20 years and pretty much since he picked up HBS BT about 3 months after its release, it's a meme for him and i to have an exchange like this every few weeks

code:
soulmata — 01/24/2021
@Coolguy
i have a joke for you
how do you kill a cyclops?

Coolguy — 01/24/2021
keep an eye out?

soulmata — 01/24/2021
wrong.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683526851930488835/802799526410584074/cyclops.jpg
you shoot it in the loving head
i have DOZENS of these interactions.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Coolguye posted:

you remember soulmata, from the TW discord? he and i have known each other for like 20 years and pretty much since he picked up HBS BT about 3 months after its release, it's a meme for him and i to have an exchange like this every few weeks

code:
soulmata — 01/24/2021
@Coolguy
i have a joke for you
how do you kill a cyclops?

Coolguy — 01/24/2021
keep an eye out?

soulmata — 01/24/2021
wrong.
[url]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/683526851930488835/802799526410584074/cyclops.jpg[/url]
you shoot it in the loving head
i have DOZENS of these interactions.

I am faaaairly certain there is no need for THAT much ammo, 6 tons for each set of guns

I use 6 tons total for a 2x uac/20 wielding kgc, have never run out even in an extended mission vs 20 enemy mechs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

AtomikKrab posted:

I am faaaairly certain there is no need for THAT much ammo, 6 tons for each set of guns

I use 6 tons total for a 2x uac/20 wielding kgc, have never run out even in an extended mission vs 20 enemy mechs.

there's a mech getting shot in the loving head and this is what you come away with? :crossarms:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There is always time to poo poo on the fit.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Coolguye posted:

there's a mech getting shot in the loving head and this is what you come away with? :crossarms:

:shrug: I calls them as I sees them.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

McGavin posted:

There is always time to poo poo on the fit.

I am now imagining a nitpicky Mechwarrior openly criticising their opponent's build even as said build is tearing their mech apart

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rorahusky posted:

I am now imagining a nitpicky Mechwarrior openly criticising their opponent's build even as said build is tearing their mech apart

That sounds like a gimmick for a Solaris pilot.

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Rorahusky posted:

I mean, I've seen plenty of people complain about opponents' Magic (or other trading card games) decks or about the strategy of their opponent in basically any game as they're losing. I'd honestly be more surprised if this didn't happen decently often

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Grousing is one of the only approved Clan passtimes. But since they're not allowed to critique the leadership, they're clearly only allowed to bitch about each others' builds.

"Why are you running so many pulse lasers? Are you a bad shot? Real Mechwarriors use as many Ultra AC/2s as possible!"

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Why are you running so many pulse lasers? Are you a bad shot? Real Mechwarriors use as many Ultra AC/2s as possible!"

-Bane designer, probably

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Someone, at some point in their MechWarrior career, has referred to an AC-20 as a noob tube. Probably right before getting sublimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Rorahusky posted:

I 100% did this playing mwo.