Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah I played the first two missions and decided that was enough for now.

It's not the worst, but not really seeing anything drawing me to play it.

Sure wish I could be rocking Thing in Midtown right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Ghostlight posted:

I will hear no ill words about Magic: the Gathering™ (1997)

im goiong back to shandalar

Hauki
May 11, 2010

pokchu posted:

im goiong back to shandalar

hell yeah

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
yeah, back to dreaming about marvel heroes snyder cut.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"The new marvel heroes" not gonna happen unless some groot force goon makes it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo, I don’t think we will ever see it at this point.

But I’ll keep hoping.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

"The new marvel heroes" not gonna happen unless some groot force goon makes it.

ICR's final form. Making his own terrible game he can sucker us into playing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I wish I was that skilled. I would just remake this game and hire one other staff member:

A switchflipper.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:same:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ICR posted:

I wish I was that skilled. I would just remake this game and hire one other staff member:

A switchflipper.

Just teach Minnie to flip switches. Granted, then there would be no consistency to the switch flipping, but really would we have it any other way?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hate to see all these posters trash icr’s new mtg game thus getting themselves banned from the mh private server before they ever even had a chance to try it 😔

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I turned all the graphics to the highest setting and the game ran worse instead of running better? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sea Lily posted:

I turned all the graphics to the highest setting and the game ran worse instead of running better? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

If you want to improve the framerate in magic legends dramatically, put on some sunglasses and type "/shadows 0" in chat without quotes.

Marvel as the world brightness goes up 8,000%, because they basically set it to max brightness and then just put layers and layers of shadows on LITERALLY EVERYTHING to darken it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I saw a streamer enable shadows and it was :lol: at how it made the game look significantly darker but no better.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Tried it out, probably will get better, either way, locked in the name Steve Rogers.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Good news for ICR

https://youtu.be/aNQkdIeUbvQ

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Diabetic posted:

Tried it out, probably will get better, either way, locked in the name Steve Rogers.

If it works like most the other Cryptic games, names aren't population locked because your characters actual name in the system appends your account name to the end. But it's good you didn't have to risk it either way.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Man, that coffee guy should have stayed at Google.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Cruel thread title. Just... cruel.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Found out in another thread where the Switch Flipper landed! Keep forgetting to flip that switch Switch Flipper person!

Kith posted:

it's incredibly funny and also depressing that HOTS is still running its christmas event, three days from April.

HOTS is Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm which reportedly been put on life support and is run by a skeleton crew. So maybe Switch Flipper got canned again :(

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

MH Knights posted:

So maybe Switch Flipper got canned again :(

Yet his legacy lives on!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

MH Knights posted:

Found out in another thread where the Switch Flipper landed! Keep forgetting to flip that switch Switch Flipper person!

HOTS is Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm which reportedly been put on life support and is run by a skeleton crew. So maybe Switch Flipper got canned again :(

It's not reportedly, blizz explicitly stated the entire game was going on life support mode 3 years ago when they backstabbed the professional scene a week before xmas after repeatedly telling pros that spring split would start as planned in Jan.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They still kinda release content for it, which is more than Gaz can say I suppose.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I would just be happy to have the old content.

I played Last Epoch and made a Captain America but it isn't the same.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Zaodai posted:

If it works like most the other Cryptic games, names aren't population locked because your characters actual name in the system appends your account name to the end. But it's good you didn't have to risk it either way.

Literally the only good thing about Cryptic games, yet when City of Heroes was shutting down and the possibility of a Cryptic run CoH2 was floated, tons of players were LIVID that they wouldn't be the only Darkkl0rde Wolfpayne anymore :lol:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If someone made a Diablo style ARPG where the two main features were going fast and clearing out trash even faster I'd buy it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

If someone made a Diablo style ARPG where the two main features were going fast and clearing out trash even faster I'd buy it.

this might be ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDIBA2Icls

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Path of Exile stuff is always waaay too try hard for me.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Maybe the story will be coherent. I played PoE and killed the final boss and I still had no idea who anyone was or why I was killing these people.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You have to read all 500 of the lore dialogues to find out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Path of Exile stuff is always waaay too try hard for me.

That and it's still too slow.

PureRok posted:

Maybe the story will be coherent. I played PoE and killed the final boss and I still had no idea who anyone was or why I was killing these people.

Back when there were only four chapters I thought the end boss of the fourth chapter, or at least the place we fought him, was the thing in the lore that turned out to be the end boss of chapter ten.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

That and it's still too slow

:crossarms:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

That and it's still too slow.

I see all kinds of fast paced huge aoes with cool looking spells

In the end game

Getting there is so slow I just cant do it

Really hoping 2 is better but well see

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Unironically the addition of a sprint animation is a huge selling point for me.

I wish I liked PoE. I really do. The itemization owns.

I just don't like that builds are basically one spammable, and there's no nightcrawler-style unlimited teleport. That latter one has killed a lot of ARPGs for me, really. D2 remaster better have fast casting sorc port or I'm broken forever.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Yeah, I've played a lot of PoE and it's a Good Game, to be sure - but it's never quite going to scratch the Marvel Heroes itch for me.

Like, there's something cool and satisfying about putting together a screen-clearing 6-link uber-skill, but ultimately every build is going to come down to some variation of "spam your one really good AoE a billion times a second over and over" in a way that just isn't very flavorful compared to all the cool ways Marvel characters eventually reached the level of speed-teleporting-screen-clearing chaos.

PureRok posted:

Dominus: Revenge for exiling you. Also he's a jerk and a mass-murderer.
Malachai: Threat to all existence, and thus to you. Also he's a jerk and a mass-murderer.
The Beast: Collateral damage. Technically innocent.
Various Gods: In your way. Also tend to be jerks and/or mass-murderers.
Kitava: God of hunger; threat to anything edible. Also a huge jerk and literal god of murder.

The comedy answer is, as always, "because they explode into showers of purps and legendaries, duh."

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Ghost of Starman posted:

The comedy answer is, as always, "because they explode into showers of purps and legendaries, duh."

You miss the part where you see none of it because it's all trash hidden by your filter

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Even better was the jean grey experience. Just throw on the phoenix aura, passively clear screens while rewatching buffy. Easiest cosmic ever.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just lol if your screen didn't look like this at all times

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Just lol if your screen didn't look like this at all times

I miss this so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Deciding which boss waves you were going to skip because you hadn't sorted all the loot from the last one yet.

firstworldmidtownproblems.txt