Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I forgot that Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are on steam. I wonder why 1 isn't though, if it's just because Minstrel Song exists or if 1 just isn't notable enough to warrant porting.

It's probably Minstrel Song doing it, yeah. Been thinking about picking up RS3 again, since I played a bunch of it as a kid and figure I might still enjoy it with a less-lovely translation this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Walla posted:

Get cubed!

Go cube yourself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Defender of the polyverse

CUBE

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I had the Cubix game for Gameboy, It was awful

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did you hit level red

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think there was a level red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjp0kv6QkDw&t=103s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Cubix: robots for everyone...

If everyone has robots, then no one will

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
real wrestling heads know it's time for the real poo poo.

ChocoPro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_J7q-SiLzg

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Put Minstrel Song on Steam pls.

cheetah7071 posted:

I think box+cover+manual+disc for PoR and RD together is probably $300ish? Nice piggybank if I ever need it, though until I need the money I'd rather have the sentiment and nostalgia

Nice. I have a copy of Gotcha Force that is like my emergency frozen asset. When I modded my WiiU it was one of the first things I put on it and it's still fun! Not $300 fun but I guess if you are someone bidding that on eBay you aren't planning to play it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i got a gaming confession: i bought super mario maker 2 on launch day and have not played it once

i also just was thinking about finally trying mario 35 only to find it's actually gone :rip:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its ok, Mario Maker wasn't good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mario and Luigi's looks in that game were just way way off. I don't even like 2D mario and it bugged me

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

All this cube talk reminds me that originally, the trade show wasn't called E3. It was called E Cubed.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2019/6/7/18653968/e3-history-1995-sega-saturn-nintendo-64-playstation-launch

"Polygon"' posted:

Ferrell came up with a name for the show: Electronic Entertainment Expo. “I called it E Cubed,” he says. “Like, E to the power of three. But all you guys in the games media were like, no, that’s stupid, it’s E3. It’s just a lot easier to say and to type. So we got used to E3 very fast.”

Looking forward to E Cubed this summer y'all!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Its ok, Mario Maker wasn't good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It makes 2d Mario levels

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
mario maker rules, some of the levels in the thread are incredibly good and also you can play as toadette

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1381066263116406785?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I wonder if this one is going to also be a broken piece of poo poo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i hope they get into the lore of the fiend

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i hope they get into the LORE of the FIEND

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Rinkles posted:

one of these days it'll get translated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP8Z-uXkzGo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How do you consistently have such good taste?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gaius Marius posted:

How do you consistently have such good taste?

Don't be fooled, that's one of the maybe seven songs I know that isn't by Modest Mouse, on the Paul Simon album Graceland, or an anime theme song.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I should thank god every day for Kaiji introducing me to the Blue Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRZR6AUvaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnFOJ3jbPY

Gripweed posted:

Don't be fooled, that's one of the maybe seven songs I know that isn't by Modest Mouse, on the Paul Simon album Graceland, or an anime theme song.

Homie Paul Simon is Dope. Diamonds on the Soles of her shoes, You can call me al, Fifty ways to leave your lover.

Paul Simon is lit af, dude was always mad the band was simon and Garfunkel, garfunkel did jack poo poo in the band it was all him

Mrs.Robinson is such a good movie

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 11, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
graceland is one of those ridiculous miracle albums like thriller or rumors, it belongs in the Pantheon of Albums

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
can any psychics in the thread recommend me a wRPG I haven't played yet?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Adventure Quest

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Have you tried a little series called "Elder Scrolls" the first two games are free for download.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

Realmz

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i have a sneaking suspicion some of you might be trolling

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you click in the mage shop in the right order you can get a free truffel summon.

do the Lizard guys quest right away and you get a boss rear end sword

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
dungeon siege 1-3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not joking

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm not joking

If there was something like an "airport videogame" it'd probably look like this. That's dope as hell.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

If there was something like an "airport videogame" it'd probably look like this. That's dope as hell.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

mario maker rules, some of the levels in the thread are incredibly good and also you can play as toadette

I feel like the best mario levels are just in mario games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doom RPG 2

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm actually only half-joking. this is fuzzy due to the mists of time but i recall the first two dungeons siege, at least, being a good sort of trash. it was basically a party-based hack and slash, and they were very long, so if you wanted a slower diablo where but you get to manage 4 or 5 characters (and maybe a donkey?) it was an alright time.

no clue how well or more likely poorly they hold up. I vaguely remember 3 trying to be a much more serious RPG that, among other things, labored under the delusion that anyone cared about the story or setting of dungeon siege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mario Maker is basically the only game I enjoy watching more than playing