Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Jesus. At least in Japan you get a robot

...can you gently caress the robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

...can you gently caress the robot?

buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress it

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

that person died with their freedom left unsullied, and you can't put a price on that

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Jesus. At least in Japan you get a robot

In Russia they use a pencil

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Laterite posted:

that person died with their freedom left unsullied, and you can't put a price on that

You might not be able to, but a hospital will.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
why dont they just use the hand of someone who recently died of covid

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
just microwave it if its cold

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

paul_soccer12 posted:

why dont they just use the hand of someone who recently died of covid

you'd have to put it in hot water to keep it warm but then the corpse would piss itself

inferis posted:

buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress it

lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

paul_soccer12 posted:

just microwave it if its cold

the smell certainly wouldn’t bother them

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Oh man, that's enough for me tonight :(

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

i wonder how many millions in R&D went into this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jabronie posted:

i wonder how many millions in R&D went into this

I wonder how many 1000s it's on the bill.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rah! posted:

eyyyy greatest country in da world

That appears to be Brazil

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Oldest Man posted:

For this insult, you're going to Brazil.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

A fascistnating country nonetheless

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Someone saw this tweet and decided to pick up a box of latex gloves from Home Depot to take home

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://electrek.co/2021/04/09/tesla-starts-advertising-model-3-93-miles-range-website-canada/

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Lmao that owns. The range is not only too short to get from Edmonton to Calgary, it's too short to get to the town halfway between Edmonton and Calgary where people typically stop for gas and lunch. It would leave you stranded 4 km from Red Deer.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

is it a software limit that you can remove with a credit card or payment plan the second you take delivery?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so it’s the same exact car as the regular three but with a line of code that makes the battery shut off after 150km?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

indigi posted:

so it’s the same exact car as the regular three but with a line of code that makes the battery shut off after 150km?

Sounds like it, but also you can upgrade it for a couple thousand to the regular mode. This makes sense because it's technically conforming to government rules for subsidies.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it saves a lot of overhead to just produce one car but still hit different consumer price levels. also great that they get tax money to do it.

(thanks, capitalism)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

https://shop.tesla.com/product/tesla-tequila

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

lol $250 and it's sold out

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s going to a complete scam like that nuka cola rum thing the makers of Fallout hosed up

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah they shipped lots of it out. contracted product w their own branding ofc

you can just... go and buy tequila

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bob dobbs is dead posted:

nah they shipped lots of it out. contracted product w their own branding ofc

you can just... go and buy tequila

But does it come in a lightning bolt bottle? I don't think so. :smuggo:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I wanted to see if the Tampa Bay Lightning had ever released a stupid lightning bolt bottle, they haven't but they did post this to twitter:

https://twitter.com/tblightning/status/1100221769846321154

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/jkimpictures/status/1381067694028492805

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Antonymous posted:

it saves a lot of overhead to just produce one car but still hit different consumer price levels. also great that they get tax money to do it.

(thanks, capitalism)

well it would save money if they had a functional assembly line and weren't hand assembling cars under a big tent in the parking lot

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I will never understand why people think Muskrat is going to save humanity. His entire contribution is throwing money at engineers and telling them form over function

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

I will never understand why people think Muskrat is going to save humanity. His entire contribution is throwing money at engineers and telling them form over function

He's real life iron man!!!!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Len posted:

My engineer friends tell me humanity is going to need another planet and Musky is the best chance of getting one. It takes too long to explain why this is dumb soooo.

These are slso people who see going to space as a self evident end goal of humanity. Like the answer to the question of why are we here? As if we're in a loving Civilization game or something.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its easier to terraform earth after a full total nuclear exchange with everything we got and 6 degrees c of global warming than it is to terraform mars

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its easier to terraform earth after a full total nuclear exchange with everything we got and 6 degrees c of global warming than it is to terraform mars

There is absolutely nothing that we could do to Earth that would make it less hospitable than any other planet or moon in the solar system. Turns out when you evolve to live somewhere it's really easy to live there.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Imagine if engineers were actually as smart as they thought they were

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

GotLag posted:

honestly I think life would be way worse

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GotLag posted:

It's more of a stay in your lane situation

Also never let a doctor or nurse give you advice on anything at all that isn't directly medical. Just hearing it will cause irreversible harm it will be so very bad

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Orange Devil posted:

My engineer friends tell me humanity is going to need another planet and Musky is the best chance of getting one. It takes too long to explain why this is dumb soooo.

Maybe this 'Mars' business is cover-for-action?

You what's easier than Martian Domes? Antarctican Domes.

And where's the go-to spot for billionaire bunkers? New Zealand's South Island.

Domes in Antarctica. Private farms in Otago.

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Len posted:

it’s
a
cult

look around you. literally everything is a loving cult. shopping, landlording, truck driving, hat wearing, etc etc etc. it’s just not couched in medieval or far future sci-fi narratives.