Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grevling posted:

Still wondering what the Philosophytube deal was, is she a DnD monster for real?

Vitamin P is a known liar and troll, just don't mind him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

TrueAnon is great for conspiracy brained people

yeah is what i was thinking, brace has the right kind of vibe to bounce off of the crazier parts and maybe you can end up realising some of the stupider poo poo u were into
I hope

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is Vitamin P a Terf?

Yes

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've defended Amber before, but this is the last straw.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This raises some troubling questions about a popular podcaster...

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The most annoying thing about watching Cumtown clips on youtube is that the algorithm really wants to show you Bill Burr or Jordan Peterson after every clip. It would be one thing if that poo poo started showing up in my recs, but at least autoplay another Cumtown clip instead of the same Bill Burr live podcast I've skipped a billion times.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

thotsky posted:

The most annoying thing about watching Cumtown clips on youtube is that the algorithm really wants to show you Bill Burr or Jordan Peterson after every clip. It would be one thing if that poo poo started showing up in my recs, but at least autoplay another Cumtown clip instead of the same Bill Burr live podcast I've skipped a billion times.

when you mouse over a video thumbnail a little ellipsis pops up, click on that and you can select "not interested" from the menu. It's been years since youtube has recommended me a jorp or ben shapiro video

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm listening to the Chapo where they watch Hillary's America with Bill Corbett and it's making me miss Carl Diggler.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pizza Segregationist posted:

when you mouse over a video thumbnail a little ellipsis pops up, click on that and you can select "not interested" from the menu. It's been years since youtube has recommended me a jorp or ben shapiro video

yeah this. i had to block videos often and with great ruthlessness but finally the Algo gave up trying to show me that poo poo.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
you can also blacklist entire channels from that menu and tailor your recs further by stating the reason, its very versatile

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
it is really funny how urgently the yt algorithm wants you to look at anything but cum town

“hey if you like this you’ll love bill burr!” lol no, hardly a substitute, not even the same species

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm really not too familiar with bill burr but he seems like nick mullen taken down a notch, like instead of korean jewish cosby he'd only come up with korean jewish guy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was today years old when I learned that Matt Gaetz is engaged to the Oculus guy's sister lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i'm really not too familiar with bill burr but he seems like nick mullen taken down a notch, like instead of korean jewish cosby he'd only come up with korean jewish guy

See that's the problem, like nick said you have to spread out the stereotypes to dilute them

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I was today years old when I learned that Matt Gaetz is engaged to the Oculus guy's sister lol

the Kingdom of Zeal is falling!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

i say swears online posted:

If anything he seems like Nick Mullen, but for my dad.

I mean, he's nothing like Nick Mullen, but I guess they're doing the same sort of disaffected everyman thing, only the everyman of our generation is a bipolar ironybro.

thotsky has issued a correction as of 23:41 on Apr 10, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1380729726608814083?s=21

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

relistening to ghost stories and this is a really stupid question but where does "don't get captured" come from

I dont know but this always plays in my head at the end of each ep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7kk1lUnis

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Listening to "Well There's Your Problem" and it is pretty good. Two annoyances though is the host with the chronically clogged nose and when the hosts go on extended riffs. DoNotEat01 is normally pretty good at getting the other hosts back on topic though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bedpan posted:

Listening to "Well There's Your Problem" and it is pretty good. Two annoyances though is the host with the chronically clogged nose and when the hosts go on extended riffs. DoNotEat01 is normally pretty good at getting the other hosts back on topic though.

DNE Is good but Alice is really not the right fit for it. I like her a fair bit in TRASHFUTURE (a good pod), but just the wrong energy for WTYP. I think DNE's best stuff is his solo-work myself, although I understand the appeal of having co-hosts but some of my favorite pods are like MSJ's Death is Just Around The Corner, richard wolff's economic update, or gh0stpinstaball's Ghost Stories for End of the World, and they're just 1-man shows and I think would be worse with active co-hosts trying to joke around. i think WYTP would probably be better served by say... the energy and dynamic of Car Talk hosts. basically just clone DNE and put it on as a co-host.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:44 on Apr 11, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't even listen to podcasts but I love people being mad at them for reasons they aggressively refuse to explain

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've defended NPR before, but this is the last straw

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Grevling posted:

Still wondering what the Philosophytube deal was, is she a DnD monster for real?

she made a video that was less than entirely dismissive of jordan peterson if you're a complete doofus who cannot understand subtext and is therefore an enemy of the people

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
worst year ever is complete garbage straight from the DNC. Robert Evans is a paid CIA operative, Katie Stowell is a vote blue no matter who lib, and Cody johnston is a cackling moron. The podcast has utterly ceased to have interesting content or analysis. They only talk in order to semi-plausibly insert biden admin talking points in between mild criticisms of old instances of american wrongdoing. In addition, they are very, very bad at interviewing people. They fluctuate between sycophantic murmers and incoherency

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mcmagic posted:

lucky palmer? a: his name just means "jackoff" and b: his time magazine cover

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Did he pull all his toenails off?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Atrocious Joe posted:

Breadtubers as RPG monsters is not a path this thread should go down.

you're wrong these have been hilarious

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Vim Fuego posted:

lucky palmer? a: his name just means "jackoff" and b: his time magazine cover

Only now do I realize "manbaby" can be used to describe someones appearance.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
sometimes there are subtle hints that magazine photographers hate the subject they've been assigned to shoot

and then sometimes it's not quite so subtle

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thotsky posted:

christman toddler dot jay peg

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Did he pull all his toenails off?

they appear to, instead, have been stamped onto his toes individually, as if to staple the flesh onto his feet

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I checked out the War Nerd today and is it always just three hours of them not talking about the subject the show's supposed to be about? I listened to the Years of Lead one and it was just them talking about coronavirus in Italy, gun control in America and if Trump was just like Berlusconi or not.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

let it flow over you like warm water

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Radio War Nerd is about John Dolan's trotting adventures. One week he traps himself in an airport bathroom, the next someone gets stabbed outside of the window of his hotel room. Every time he begins a trip to a new country, listeners wait in anticipation to see if he actually gets let in.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

thotsky posted:

what's the name of that guy who appears on fox news sometimes? the guy with the shorts and the cigar

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Radio War Nerd is about John Dolan's trotting adventures. One week he traps himself in an airport bathroom, the next someone gets stabbed outside of the window of his hotel room. Every time he begins a trip to a new country, listeners wait in anticipation to see if he actually gets let in.

he is the literal International Man of Mystery, with all of the tumbles and tumults that implies

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Flavius Aetass posted:

what's the name of that guy who appears on fox news sometimes? the guy with the shorts and the cigar

Harlan Hill.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

R. Mute posted:

I checked out the War Nerd today and is it always just three hours of them not talking about the subject the show's supposed to be about? I listened to the Years of Lead one and it was just them talking about coronavirus in Italy, gun control in America and if Trump was just like Berlusconi or not.

Not all of them are like that, but the best ones are

Dolan must have been cursed by a gypsy or offended some elder God in a past life

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

R. Mute posted:

I think you listened to the wrong episode because the years of lead series came about 2-3 years ago and corona hadn't happened yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

New TrueAnon is a conversation with Michael Judge about the new Adam Curtis.

Should be fun.